- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Let the action begin, as we learn a little more about Nathan.

Nathan's POV

The last thing Nathan remembered was falling backwards. A gigantic foot was chasing him, and even worse, it was his friend's. Opening his eyes, he blacked out only long enough for the sky to become completely dark. And then... Pressure. Pressure like you couldn't believe. However, it was a weird experience for Nathan. He could feel the pressure of her foot, and yet, he wasn't yet a red splotch on her sole. In fact, he didn't feel any pain... Only pressure.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion for the next few moments. Nathan was taking everything in, and suddenly, a flashback played.

 

-Flashback to 1 week ago-

"Alright doc, why do I have such a massive headache..." Nathan asked. The doctor responded saying, "This is strange. I've never seen anything like it. You seem to have a growth on your brain. It isn't a tumor, and it doesn't appear to be cancerous. We could try surgery, but that's..." She was quickly interrupted by him saying, "Oh no! You aren't cutting open my head. I don't care what that thing is that badly, just give me something for the headaches." The doctor sighed, seeing she clearly wasn't going to change his mind. Prescribing some extra strength ibuprofen, she said, "If you change your mind..." But Nathan just scoffed and walked out.

-End of Flashback-

 

No way... That can't be... Could that growth be the cause of my shrinking? And what else has it done to me? I'm not dying, nor am I feeling pain. Am I even still alive? Breathing in slowly, as her foot began to lift, his face pucked as he thought, Nothing could smell that bad, if I wasn't living. 

Where Nathan thought he'd be free, after she had only stepped on him once, he was sadly mistaken. When her foot rose, so did Nathan, clinging to her sole like the rest of the dirt on the ground. And him being so miniscule, he knew he couldn't make her notice him. He simply was too small. And to think, if he had only listened to his doctor, perhaps none of this would have ever happened, and him and Melody would be going out for their morning jog... 

Melody's POV

Melody continued walking along, none the wiser of the situation down below. Hmm, what should I do? Normally, if Nathan was here, we'd go on a jog together. But since he isn't, do I really feel motivated... Oh, I know he would be disappointed in me if I didn't, so I might as well go and make it quick. Crap. I don't have any clean socks still, I guess I'll have to use the ones I left in my jogging shoes from last week. It's not like anybody's going to smell my feet anyways.

Nathan's POV

Oh no! Nathan thought, as her foot lifted once again. However, this wasn't a standard step. Melody had sat on the couch moments before, so he knew whatever was about to happen wasn't good. And sure enough, he saw her week old jogging sock replace any light that might have shined on him for a few brief moments. Burying his face into her arch, he groaned, thinking, This is going to be one hell of a ride. And so technically, Melody would still be jogging with Nathan...

Chapter End Notes:

Now that we have had a little more action, and a little more background on his case, how is this all going to turn out? Will he survive the jog, or will he suffer the fate of the countless bugs he's squished within his lifetime. Tune in next time, for the next installment.