- Text Size +

Kayla's Shoe

Mark sat on his couch watching T.V he was an older man with a pot belly that suggested that he probably indulged himself in drink, but if you asked him he would of told you that it was his good old wife's cooking. He would have also told you if you asked that it was mandatory that she have it on the table when he returned home much to the grin of his co-workers which he thought about now as he sat a diet Coke in hand. Rubbing his hand over his bald head it had been a long day at the shop and the Arizona sun had burnt his head like it always seemed to do he yelled "Hey Where the hell is dinner". He was answered by nothing he took another sip of Coke tasting it on his thick black mustache and yelled again "Hey are you guys death where is my dinner"?

At that his yelling was returned by a female voice yelling from across the house "Its pronounced deaf you Neanderthal" this was his twenty one year old daughter Kayla. "What did you call me "Mike yelled suddenly jumping to his feet and looking around. "I called you a Neanderthal "Kayla said as she walked by him her long black hair was wet like she had just gotten out of the shower,"At the dumb look that still hung on her dads face she said "You know like the Geico Cave Man". "Ha-ha your so dumb cave men died like a hundred years ago now where is my dinner young lady" he yelled hands on hips. "I don't know in the freezer "she said as she picked up one of her black shoes sliding her foot into it.Mike rubbed his bulging stomach and then put his thick arms on hips inadvertently pulling up part of his white tank top revealing part of his mid drift in the process as he tried to look sternly at his daughter," And where do you think you're going"? "To the mall with friends" she said not looking over at him. "No you're not your making me my dinner" Mike yelled. Kayla wrolled around and fixed her dad with a glair "Seriously". "Yes now you march in that kitchen and make me my dinner" he said. At that Kayla burst into laughter and said, "Pull your shirt down your far from being a model dad" Then she was walking away. "Hey don't you walk away from me unless you're going to get me take out" but she was already out the door. "Hey I'm not done with you I" he yelled as he ran towards the door just as she was walking towards her car. "Hey you don't even know what I want to eat", at that she just closed her car door and started the car beginning to pull out of the driveway. Now her car was out the drive way and he was running like he hadn't run since high school but she was gone driving away and disappearing around the bend that led to the high way. "Fuck you you cunt fuck you" he shouted and stamped his foot on the driveway.

Pist off for he hated when women ignored him he stomped his foot and kicked out inadvertently kicking his mail box and now found himself hopping on one foot. "Man you even manage to suck at kicking stuff god your such a loser". Mark turned to face the strange voice and came face to face with a woman who he had never seen before. "Who the hell are you" he gritted the pain in his foot was still so great. "It's no wonder your daughter disobeys you and your wife" she stopped then putting her hand under her chin. "What about my wife what did you do to her" Mike yelled. "It's not what I'm doing to her it's what Mr. Johnson is currently doing to her" Mike stared at the woman. After a few minutes she sighed and said "Wow at first I thought your daughter was just acting spoiled but she has it right when she calls you a Neanderthal" the woman said and began to walk away. "What the hell are you talking about my wife is at work and should be on her way home to make me dinner " Mike said proudly as if he were a king. "No your wife" she said turning to face him "Is what the kids call getting laid" then she was walking away.

This through Mike over the edge and he ran over to the woman and grabbed her by the shoulder harshly. She stopped and pointed a finger at him and flicked it and just like that he was gone. Mike awoke in darkness laying on something rubbery also it smelled of rubber and felt like rubber "What the "he said aloud. "Do you got it yet" a woman's voice said not expecting this he jumped five feet into the air. Hitting yet more rubber as he landed hard on his ass he suddenly said out loud "Oh my god I've gone nuts and I am in an asain asylum". "What the hell are you talking about" the woman's voice said in his head. "Sorry I just got done watching a marathon of Law and Order and one of them was the episode where that cop goes into solitary to wait why are we talking about this where did you send me crazy bitch" Mike yelled. "Yeah I'm just going to let you find out man it's going to blow your mind more than that acid you did in college". "Wait how the hell do you know about that" Mike yelled but there was no answer. He tried yelling and screaming for five minutes finally at the verge of losing his voice he accepted it and laid down and cried.

Kayla drove her silver Honda Civic into the parking lot of the mall it wasn't a very big mall with only a hand full of stores left but it was an escape from her dad and her mom which she pitied more than hated. She stepped out onto the black top the hot Arizona air blowing her black hair every which way. But she didn't care she only put on her sun glasses and grabbed her purse and walked towards the mall's food court where she was to meet up with her friend. She entered the mall and immediately saw her best friend Jazmin a Hispanic girl with dark skin and black hair much like hers. Today her friend wore an orange shirt that matched her skin perfectly she ran over to her and they hugged. "Hey how are you doing "Jazmin asked? "Let's just walk" Kayla said and they began to walk through the mall.

"So how are you "Jazmin asked as they walked. "Hey look a Payless lets go in" Kayla said and started for the store her friend only shrugged and followed her in use to her friend dodging her questions. Kayla walked past the rows of shoes until she stopped at a rack of heals they were four foot heals with a chunky heal instead of a stiletto heal. "Oh these are cute "Kayla said picking up a pair of black shoes and holding them up high for her friend to see. "Yeah "her friend said and began to look at some shoes herself.

"Oh these are cute" was all Mike heard and at that he jumped "Hello can you help me some crazy bitch put me in hear". But all of this was stopped as he felt himself suddenly falling and landed flat on his face the smell of rubber filling his nose. "I would save your breath no one can hear you and you'll need it" the cold voice of the woman said. "What do you mean "but suddenly his head was filled with an insane cackling. He fell to his knees putting his hands over his ears trying desperately to keep the cackling away. Then suddenly he felt heat but not the heat of the tears that he was about to release this was body heat and as he opened his eyes he screamed as he saw something white coming straight for him. He screamed as it came closer it was like a leviathan as it sped towards him with its five toes and that was when it hit him it was a foot. "A foot I'm in a shoe" Mike yelled just too late as the toes hit him plowing him into the bottom of the shoe and covering his face. Above him he could hear voices but he could not make anything out he could only scream as the toes of the girl yes it was a girl played with him for a second rubbing him with there warmth and he realized that it could have been nice. If these digits weren't capable of death then it began suddenly the foot was moving and he was slammed into the bottom of the shoe then he was rising. He cheered for he could finally breath but then he all to quickly realized that he was sliding under the foot "No" he screamed as he reached for something to grab. Then just as he did the fool weight of the foot hit him hard forcing all the air that he had managed to gather out as he screamed this went on for several minutes then the foot was moving. Dragging him with it "No stop I'm under hear but it was still moving creating quite a rug burn on his back. As the force dragged his shirt off of him now he could see light and the shoe below him as he was now in the air. Slowly he pealed his face from the hot bottom of this foot gasping for the cold non Shoe air. The cold air filling his lungs slowly he gathered himself and then for the first time he took a chance to look around. First looking left then painfully looking right his mind noticing that he was in some kind of valley. "Have you figured out where you are yet" the cold voice of the woman said in his mind. Mike said nothing for a long time then he began to cry the tears running down his face and suddenly he yelled "Why are you doing this"? "Focus Mike where are you hurry you only have a few seconds are you'll be going home with this girl" the voice said in response. The words of the woman hit Mike like a truck and franticly he began to look around left and right then left again he was about to look right when the voice of the girl spoke "Yeah Jazz I think these shoes will look better on you ". Jazz wait and then it hit him my daughter its Kayla he said in his mind.

"Very goodMike ", "Hey she'll help me she loves me" Mike said aloud. "Are you so Shure of that Mike maybe she'll just see you as a icky bug and crush you" the voice said. Mike was about to retort to tell her that there was no way his daughter who he had raised for seventeen years would kill her dad like an common insect. But at that moment some primal instincked hidden in Mikes mind overrode that thought and he realized with horror that this woman was his only salvation. "You know I am right "the voice said in his mind, Mike sighed "Yes you are right what must I do to get out of this"? "Do you promise you'll treat women better that you'll see them than more than just objects if you'll promise all this I will set you free" the voice said. "Yes I will do all this" Mike yelled and to show how serious he took the woman's words he began to thrash and turn managing to ketch the opening of a black shoe.

His daughters' shoe "Please I'm sorry I repent I'll be better". "Are you Shure Mike you say all this now but tomorrow" the voice said leaving the rest unspoken. "Yes please get me out of hear" Mike yelled in the corner of his right eye he could see the mouth of the shoe like a giant maw ready to swallow the foot and him if he didn't get out of here. Now he looked down again and saw the foot was just above the opening he could smell the stale air and see the blackness and knew this was it in only a second he would be in there forever trapped and probly killed under the weight of his daughter's foot. "Please witch lady save me I'm sorry". "Fine you will live ", "Thank you witch lady thank you" Mike said. "I'm not just a witch lady I have a business degree and just remember that next time I will not be saveing you" she said. Then just like that Mike was gone just as Kayla's foot slid into her shoe. As Kayla slid her foot into her shoe she looked and said "Weird" under her breath. Hearing her Jazmin turned to look at her friend head tilted as she held up another pair of heals and asked "What's weird"? "It's nothing "Kayla said and went back to looking at shoes. It was as if everything was moving at a blur why she thought to herself as she picked up another pair of shoes to try on.

Mike awoke in his bed and screamed then he opened his eyes and looked around and shouted "I'm alive the spirit did it all in one day". Quickly he jumped up and started to run over to the window tripping on the cat making it hiss as he did. The cat jumped on his face and started to claw his face horribly as he fought it with one hand and opened the window with the other. Finally he had it open and dropped the cat out the window "Hey hey boy "Mike shouted at a teenage boy who was walking bye a beer in his hand. "What the hell do you want" he asked? "What day is it is it Christmas" Mike yelled. The boy only gave him a dirty look and said "No dumb ass its July twenty forth" then he walked away. Mike "a female voice said from behind him quickly he turned to see his beautiful wife he reached for her and kissed her pashnitly. "I love you and I'm sorry "he said as he pulled away. Then smiling he said "I want to make things right with you what can I do to please you" Mike asked? "Finish the kiss" his wife said pulling Mike back in for a longer kiss.

Kayla pulled into the drive way franticly expecting a fight she was a minute late and she knew she was a minute late home but that freaken traffic light had stopped her. So now she was going to have a fight and the night which had finally relaxed her would be for nothing she thought as she unlocked the front door. Suddenly the light came on and surprise surprise she found her dad sitting on the couch like he lived for this shit. "Look dad I'm sorry I'm late I hit that traffic light on James street and". Then her dads arms were around her and he kissed her "Its ok I understand and I'm sorry "Mike said to his daughter. "I know I gave him the same look but its true look he made us dinner" her mom said coming out of the kitchen. "Hold up dad can cook" Kayla asked skeptasizom on her face. "Hey I use to cook every day when I was in the navy "Mike said with a laugh. "It's not the same but yes he can cook and I only through up one time too "her mom said and they both laughed. "I'm a little scared "Kayla said. "It's ok your wise mom convinced me to order Domino's "Mike said. "That sounds safer "Kayla said and everyone laughed and as she walked into the kitchen and saw the pizza she felt like everything was going to be good after all.