- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Mostly plot and world building in this chapter.

“...And finished” Shawn remarked as he had finally completed the transferring information from the article her was reading to his notebook. “Today has been fairly productive”  He commented to himself as he stared outside at the lovely night sky. As he admired the dazzling night sky, he witnessed a bright blue flash headed towards his home.  Shawn looked away, the flash was significantly too bright for him to look at for too long. After hearing a loud thud he threw on a jacket to protect himself from the cold, and afterwards grabbed a flashlight. After doing so, he walked outside to see what the disturbance was.


As Shawn stepped outside to the source of the thud, he gasped. The thud seemed to have been caused by what appeared to be an alien lifeform. “Holy shit, I’ve never seen anything like this before” he murmured to himself as he studied the creature. The body structure of the alien looked reminiscent to that of a human female, yet still had a foreign feeling to those who gazed upon the figure. Shawn made a mental note of this female seeming comparison, and decided to refer to her as miss if communication was even possible. Her skin was sky blue, and her hair was a darker shade of blue with sky blue highlights that matched the tone of her skin. Shawn was unable to see her eye color, as she seemed to be unconscious at the moment, but he noted her lips were also a dark blue. Shawn finally made note of one more crucial detail, she was approximately two feet taller than his six foot body.


Filled with curiosity, Shawn knew he has to bring the alien inside and run tests on her. With great caution, he took hold of one of her ankles. Though unconscious, the alien lifeform seemed to be breathing, which was a good sign that it still lived. Shawn was ecstatic as he delicately dragged the alien inside before gently leaving her on his floor. He doubted he was strong enough to lift the alien onto his couch, even if she was fairly slim. After having ensured the creature was inside of his home, he closed the door and ran upstairs to grab his tools and his notebook. When he eventually made his return downstairs, he was gifted by an awe inspiring sight. The alien was sitting on his carpet, and stared at him with innocent sky blue eyes. Shawn didn’t know what to say as he stumbled for words to escape his mouth. The only word he could summon from his body was “Hello”.


After a few minutes of silence, the alien lifeform opened her mouth to speak. “Greetings. You are what they refer to as a human, correct?” Shawn nodded. The alien seemed somewhat confused, as she tilted her head and asked “You are considered intelligent lifeforms, correct?” Shawn once more nodded. “Are you almost incapable of speech? Or do you not speak the supposed common language of english?”


“I..I..I can speak, it’s just I’m nervous is all” Shawn replied, finally finding words to respond.


“Why are you nervous? I mean no harm here to you” The alien responded. Shawn hadn’t taken notice before, but her tone was both soft and delicate. It also was somewhat british, though he had no idea as to why.

“I’ve never seen an alien before” Shawn replied, not sure what else to say. He was somewhat worried that the creature might be hurt by being called an alien, but as aforementioned, he didn’t know what else to say.


The alien simply gave a warm smile “Strange, I’ve seen lots of your people. Our technology allows us to easily hack into your cameras and such without much difficulty or risk of detection.”


“So, uh, why are you here? Also, would you like something to drink or something?” He gulped nervously, what if this alien was here for world domination? Based on how they were able to accomplish in terms of remaining undetected for all these years, he was worried that they could easily enslave all of humanity if they wanted to.


“Well, we’ve been gazing from afar what human culture is like so we decided to take a closer look at how human culture goes on” The alien responds “And I would be glad to have a drink. Though, I am slightly unfamiliar as to what you offer.”


“Oh, alright. I’m presuming that’s how you know english then?” Shawn answers, relaxing himself slightly “As for drinks, I have soda or water. I don’t carry alcohol”


“Yes, I was taught every single language before I was allowed to come here” She responds “I suppose I shall have soda. I’ve heard of it before, but my culture doesn’t exactly have a drink like that.”

“Huh, so where do you come from?” Shawn asked as he walked by her, headed towards the kitchen.


“Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to disclose that. Based on what we’ve seen of human culture, we are afraid they’d try war with us.” She responds as Shawn walks past her.


“If you’re afraid of that, why even show up at all?” Shawn asked from inside the kitchen.


“Because, I was asked to see human culture from closer up than we’ve been able to see it before” She replies


“Ah, alright then” Shawn comments as he hands her a soda. It was an off-brand root beer type soda. “So, meeting me was a fluke then?”


“Yes, I am glad that you seem to be far more calm than what we’ve seen of your culture” She replies, opening the beverage.


“So, uh, do you perhaps know why we look so similar?” Shawn asks, taking a sip from his drink.


“Well, we saw what your kind looks like, and I tried to fashion my look towards how a normal humanoid creature looks. I can take many forms, but after seeing how your people look, we’ve mostly stuck to forms like this” She replies, sipping the drink before sitting it down. “The taste is interesting, I’ve never had anything like it before. I don’t imagine myself drinking this all the time, but from time to time I probably could”


“Alright then.” Shawn answers “So, back to the learning about humans. I’m sort of curious about learning about you. So, why don’t we exchange information about cultures?”


She smiles “That sounds lovely”


“Before we go onwards, I must know two things.” Shawn begins “One, in your culture are you considered a female creature? Two, what is your name, I feel it is only fair if I call you something better than simply alien”


“In my culture, I am considered what you’d consider a female. That is why my form is feminine. As for my name, it is difficult to transfer across languages, but I believe Iris shall do as something nice to call me. You must tell me, what is your name?” Iris replies


“You can call me Shawn.” Shawn answers “It’s good to meet you, Iris”


“It is nice to meet you as well” Iris answers “Now, are all humans your height, or are you considered shorter than most?”


“I’m about average height” Shawn answers “Are you about average height?”


Iris shakes her head “No, no. I’m considered a midget among my peers. That is why I was sent, I’m one of the shortest of my kind. Most of my kind averages about one-hundred feet in height.”


“Goodness, where do your people live?” Shawn asks “That seems almost impossible to imagine”


“Well, we’re quite far from here. Nowhere you’ve ever seen before. Our planet dwarfs yours in size, ours is likely as big as your sun. It’s finally good to see someone almost my height. I come in at about eight feet tall by your measurement system.” Iris replies


The comment almost makes Shawn’s jaw drop in amazement. “That’s, that is certainly interesting.”


Iris smiles “So, with it being late I believe we should lie down somewhere. I am somewhat exhausted from my journey here”


“Of course. I don’t think my bed has enough room for you, but I would hope my carpeting is comfortable enough for you” Shawn answers, not knowing exactly where she could sleep


Iris looks somewhat concerned “But, you will keep me company if I sleep out here, correct? You seem nice, and I would be somewhat lonely if I didn’t have someone around”


“Sure, sure, I can stay around” Shawn comments before realizing something “Wait, did you bring any clothes with you or anything?”


“Not really, I just have this. We studied your garments, and believed this was the optimal thing to wear, as your planet is hotter than ours” Iris replies “Why, do you have a problem with me only wearing what I believe is considered a swimsuit?”


“Uh, no, no” Shawn answers “Anyways, I suppose I could lie on the couch”


“Alright” Iris answers as she gently lies back. There is nothing preventing her from lying on the soft carpet, so that is where she lies. Shawn sort of stares at her body as he climbs onto the couch. She was fairly pretty, even if she was an alien. Shawn himself was admittedly fairly lonely, so he was glad to have her around. Plus, he knew other scientists would kill to have a shot of learning how aliens worked.


“Good night Iris” Shawn commented as he did his best to relax on the couch.


“Good night, Shawn” Iris responded before going to bed.


When Shawn woke up, he had awoken earlier than Iris had. He took the time to look up and down her body, blushing slightly to himself. As he did this, he noticed something clipped to her bottoms. Shawn tried to take a look at it, but accidentally pressed a button. It shocked him, causing him to jump. As he nursed where he was shocked, he felt the world growing bigger. “Oh no, what is happening!? What is happening!?” He commented as he grew smaller and smaller. Eventually he stopped shrinking at about one inch in height.


As this happened, Iris awoke with a gentle yawn. It was fairly adorable in Shawn’s opinion. He would have been more concerned if he were not shrunk. Iris tried to stand up, but she was too tall. “I suppose I should make myself shorter than”. With the press of a few buttons on the device Shawn pressed, she shrunk to a sizeable six feet tall. “I wonder where Shawn is?” She comments, looking around.


Shawn tried to grab her attention, but he was far too small. As Iris looked around, she sighed and decided to sit. Suddenly, a large shadow formed over Shawn, and Shawn reacted in panic. He had every right to panic, as he saw something he could only have ever previously dreamed up. It was Iris’s bottom, gigantic and coming right down onto him.