- Text Size +

“Sarah, I want a full weapons load and have the guards ready.  I don’t know what will happen when my Kim comes around after fainting.”  Rektor wanted to believe his Mother was going to pick his side.  I believed that Sarah wouldn’t have any issues however the guards were all men and having lived for over four decades in a matriarch society where men are viewed as ruthless violent creatures he wasn’t positive of her actions.

“You should have consulted with me before bringing her to Narn.”  Sarah couldn’t hide her level of pissed off.  Alexis was kind hearted and if it weren’t for her size difference she could see them being regular friends.  Hell, who cares about the size difference they were becoming the best of friends.  “We don’t know what she is planning and your whole story of her following our plane could be just a line to get an exact location.”

“Not likely, this is an elder.  I know more than anyone else what the word of an elder means and for her to use such a dirty trick as a lie would bring disgrace to her and her daughters.”  Alexis was standing between the 70-foot giantess and the facility.  “I believe her story, the real danger if she is even dangerous is how she will treat you guys.  Rektor is fine because he is her son but you barely come up to her ankle and she may view you as and I’m sorry to put it this way, beneath her.” 

“I’m not comfortable with how you said that Alexis but you are right.  Guards, fall back and don’t be threatening however be ready if needed.”  Sarah looked at Kim as she started to moan and couldn’t believe that she now had too giantesses in so close to the facility.  “And what if she decides to attack?”

“It’s as simple as stopping her, and with the weapon I have from your guards and Alexis, we will preserve that chance you offer for the future.  Even if it means killing her.”  Rektor didn’t care for the option but he motioned for Alexis to walk up and check on his recovering Mother.  Sarah walked behind Rektor and strapped herself into the harness which she had completed earlier in the week.  It allowed for anyone to ride on the back of Rektor when he leapt if he needed to go on a mission with assistance.  He crotched down and pushed off the ground as Sarah hugged his mid-section.  The pair landed right outside arm’s length of Kim.

“Kim are you ok, you seemed to have fainted like Rektor did earlier today.”  Alexis poked her shoulder as her eyes opened and she scanned the world.

“I’m sorry, it I must need some water I thought I saw like 20 little men the size of Rektor.  But they had these weird things in their hands and I saw boxes moving on the ground with four wheels.”  Kim sat up and reached for her water sack and started to chug water.  “You two need to promise me you won’t laugh or call me old when I say the next thing I thought I saw, promise me?” 

“We promise” The two said both mirroring the smirk the other had on their face having a good guess what Kim was about to say.

“I saw this little woman.  She had to be about the size of my index finger, maybe a little bigger.  Crazy, right?”  At that point Rektor moved to the side and revealed the Sarah who was obscured to this point from Kim.

“Maybe you weren’t just in need of some water.  I’m Sarah, nice to meet you.”  Kim just stared at the tiny woman attached to Rektor’s back.  She got on all fours and crawled over to them.  Sarah gripped Rektor’s waist but she didn’t sense that Rektor was nervous at all.  Kim stopped about 10 feet from the pair and lowered herself turning her head to the side and placing it on the ground to truly get a good look at Sarah.

“How?”  Was all that Kim could muster.  Much like when Rektor was captured and first met Sarah the shock of the world becoming unraveled from what you know to some different took a minute to comprehend.

“I’ll be willing to explain everything but we need to just go over one rule.  When you are in this area you are to have Alexis as your guide at all times.  We have many people here including children.”  Sarah didn’t know why she set down the rules but she felt like it was needed.  Alexis looked down at her friend and instantly understood why she made that rule.

“You don’t trust me?” Kim raised her left eyebrow.

“Trust is something that needs to be earned, don’t you agree?”  Sarah said after motioning for Rektor to leap back to the facility.

“Oh, I’m going to like you.”  Kim said with a laugh.

Kim followed Rektor and Sarah as they stopped just outside the facility.  The first thing that stood out to her was just how many small miniature men were there.  She also didn’t know what they were holding but they looked like they could cause some damage.  These men must be their warriors like how her old clan had warriors.  Kim was taking in all of this, they had lights inside which weren’t of the sun, and these weird things that drove so fast on wheels.  She looked inside and saw her bird she was following.  But it wasn’t a bird in the sense she knew but rather it was a machine.  Then she saw it, she saw something she never dreamed of in her life.  It was young girls and young boys sitting in a circle playing duck, duck, goose.  Kim guessed all society had that game but it wasn’t the game that mattered it was that the two sexes were living in harmony.  Kim was no stranger to fighting and the rules of society.  These rules had cost her the time and love of her only son.  But these kids would never have to go through any of that pain.

“How?”  Kim sat on the ground and rested her back against the facility.

“Kim, don’t do that!”  Alexis shouted.  Kim rose her torso off the facility and noticed the crumbling of concrete and material.   “Here you need to be very careful.  These structures are not designed for someone of our size.  If you are careless for even a moment you could hurt someone or worse.”

“Sorry, I never realized the world is so fragile.”  Kim said with a blush on her face.  She knew she was huge but this world made her feel gigantic.  “Sarah, how is this possible?”

“Kim, what if I told you that not all people grew.  That the ones who didn’t have the make up inside to grow decided to just leave the world to its fate after the sexes decided to go to war.”  Kim listened to each word as if her life depended on it.  Sarah explained everything.  The Relocation Act, to the mundanes being targeted, how her people decided to disappear.  She explained how the increase of size to men and women led them to not value science and engineering as much eventually leading to the dissolve of all science in the clans.  Her last words gave Kim hope, that Rektor and Alexis may give the world the chance it needs to survive.

“How can I help?”  Kim said to the shock of Alexis, Rektor and especially Sarah.  This was happening so fast.  “I’m serious I want to help.” 

“Why would you want to help us when we are outside of what would be considered your normal?”  Sarah said right to Kim staring face to face.  Kim who was the elder of her clan before her stroll began was not used to being challenged so openly. 

“I saw something that I thought I never would, little boys and girls having fun, today I saw my son and who I can only assume is her lover.”  Rektor and Alexis both looked away in embarrassment.  Neither of them said anything to Kim about being lovers earlier.  It must be a Mother thing both thought to themselves.  “I saw machines I would never have guessed.  I also wasn’t so lost to not see those men in black over there with those shiny black things in their hands.  I’m assuming they are a weapon and may even stop me.”

“They may or may not cause you to die, but the pain they can deliver is a lot.”  Rektor interrupted.  He understood full well how painful a Taser was and they had just modified one large enough to stop Alexis.  Alexis wasn’t thrilled being the test subject or the fact she peed a little from the jolt. 

“Ok, if you really want to help I need your blood.  We have hit some troubles and need some more blood that Rektor shares with blood relatives.  We went in a different direction when we assumed this would be impossible due to your societies.”  Sarah explained how the wider the sample the more likely they could counter the growth and if instituted the cure in a few generations could bring all humans to an equal size. 

“I’ll give you the sample you want, but if you really want a huge net why don’t you ask your sisters?”  Kim’s suggestion was so far out of helpful suggestions and Rektor didn’t bother to respond.  “I’m serious, just explain yourself and ask for blood.”

“And when they grind me into paste for being in their proclaimed clan lands what then?”  Rektor jumped up and landed on her shoulder.  “We need more blood but the only way that could happen was if you are willing to come back.”

“Well, that’s the problem, once I left I can’t go back it is against tradition.  I may be willing to help your world but I will not fully turn my back on my world.  But you have some leverage with them.”  Kim slowly motioned to Alexis.  “Alexis, you are the largest woman I have ever seen and I thought I was the largest.  You will give Rektor credibility with his sisters.  Talk to Amber she is two years younger than you son, she is the new leader of the clan.”

“And who will protect this facility?”  Rektor was not thrilled with this plan and was looking for every way out of it.

“I will, plus I like this Sarah, she is full of spirit.”  Kim’s plan was going over with everyone but Rektor.

“I agree with this plan; you will leave for Kim’s old clan in three days after Alexis shows Kim the way around and how to be careful while around Narn.”  Sarah spoke firmly.

“And what if I refuse?”  Rektor countered.

“Well, vote, all in favor of Kim’s plan?”  Sarah said with her hand and the two giantess’s hands raised.  “Looks like you lost.  Rektor and Alexis you will leave in three days and hopefully return with what we need for a cure.  Kim, do you have anything else to say to help those two?”

“The male clan to the north of my old clan is sounding the drums of war.  Be careful in between the clan lands and in the forbidden zone.  The old angelic who used to rule has died a little while back.  His son is now in charge and where the older one wanted to peace his spawn is bent on war.”  Rektor and Alexis looked and remember the conversation that they had with Rektor’s father.

“That is my father who had died, my brother must be in charged.  And they will be trying to kill my sisters.”  The irony of having been abandoned and ignored for so many years to now be thrusted into the lives of all of them was something Rektor could not ignore.  “Sarah, before we go I want your latest weapons.  I have a feeling I’ll need them.”