- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Short chapter however needed to bring the story to a point to take it to another.  Plus I wanted to look at this world using Kim.

Kim was the first to meet Rektor, Alexis and Amber as they entered the grounds near the facility.  Following them a day and a half away was Rektor’s brother’s clan ready for war.  Kim looked at her two beleaguered children and Alexis and sighed knowing how exhausted they must be.  Kim walked up and gave a quick hug to Amber and surprisingly bent over and picked up her son and gave him a tight hug followed by embracing Alexis. 

To Kim the last few days at Narn had given her a better perspective on life.  She also spent a lot of time thinking of her son Rektor.  Thinking how he would have liked for him to have a different life.  She didn’t know exactly if she wanted to apologies to him for even having him knowing he was a leaper, but she was sorry for him being abandoned.  Kim lead the three back to Narn to some cheers of the guards seeing Rektor and Alexis back followed by a poker night scheduled for after the battle.  Alexis was greeted by her teacher who gave her back her latest test score, Alexis did her special happy dance. 

Amber watched as her two companions interacted with the normal people.  Rektor was fully greeted into that clan.  She thought that wasn’t that far of a reach but then she looked at Alexis having a small dance fest for getting a high score on a test.  Then she notices the teacher below her who is dancing with her.  Maybe, Amber thought, maybe this won’t just be a one and done battle.  Maybe, this is where ths clan belongs.

“Amber, I know when you are thinking.”  Kim went up to her daughter and placed her massive hand on her shoulder.  “

“I was just thinking of the trip we have taken and the upcoming battle.”  Amber was still giggling at the tiny teacher dancing.

“Hog wash” Kim know her daughters.  “I know you, your thinking of where to take the clan after the fight.  I’m no longer a voice in the clan but I’m a voice to you because I’m your mother.  I would keep them right around here.”  Kim turned and pointed to the facility.

“Why would I do that?  We are woman, we can support ourselves.”  Amber repeated a female oath.

“This place isn’t about supporting just ourselves, but supporting one another.  I have helped them in my time here and they have helped me, not to mention this little girl is amazing at nails.  Just think about what I said, ok, now you have to go back to your clan and get some sleep.”  Kim finished by showing of her nails, it was truly a society about support.

“Mother, I can’t sleep now.  Ihave obligations.”  Amber was having none of it.

“The normal have a plane in the air, that metal bird they have located the attacking clan they are a day and a half walk away.  You can nap, and you will nap.”  As Amber turned away Kim gave heer a playoff slap on the butt like when she was a kid.

After awhile Kim found both Rektor and Alexis talking to Sarah.  They were going over battle plans and drafts and the heads of Alexis and Rektor were bobbing.  Sarah would talk and the pair would listen until darkness came and then force themselves up.  Kim know that this was no way to learn, she had taught giantesses for years and if they are victims of sleep depravation than surely everyone is as well. 

After staring at the three with Sarah listing facts and data and Alexis sitting Indian style using her hands as a head rest.  Rektor standing but swaying side to side she decided that she had seen enough.  Simply put these children needed some sleep and if Rektor’s brother is a dangerous as he seems sleep and being rested may be the advantage they need.

“Sarah, you’re going to hate me for doing this but I think these two need some sleep.”  Kim was right Sarah was upset and after some words she gave in and walked away. 

“Kim, we don’t need sleep” Alexis tried to offer a counter argument but it was followed with just a yawn.  “I am the largest woman in the world, I can do more stuff, yawn, than anyone else.  Just give me a few minutes and I’ll regroup.”  With that Alexis, had fallen into a deep sleep.  Kim opened her body up so she could be lying down and broke off some nearby branches and placed them over her which was a courtesy in the female clans.   

“Kim, I understand your concern, I understand Amber and Alexis needing sleep.  I don’t have that luxury.”  Rektor said still looking at the map of the facility and surrounding areas.  “There is a common theme in this equation and it’s me.  The reason these forces are coming here to fight is me, I can’t let down my side.”

“And if you pass out while leading your men from exhaustion?”  Kim kneeled as to keep her voice low.

“That won’t happen, and I need to be ready.”  That son of hers, without him being raised by her he was as stubborn as his sisters.  Kim gently reached out and wrapped her fingers around his waist and raised him up until he was in her chest.  “I’m making a deal with you, I will stay awake and work on plans.  You will sleep for four hours and then I’ll wake you and you can keep working.  If any news comes I’ll wake you as well.”

“This isn’t fair Kim, I have obligations.”  Rektor shouted.

“Rektor, my son, I have not been a mother to you and I’m sorry, but please let me be a mother now.”  Those words got thru all his stubbornness.  He turned his head to the side and fell stomach first on to Kim massive beasts and shut his eyes.  Kim heard his rhythmic breathing and knew her son was asleep.  She looked over and saw Alexis asleep, further past was her old female clan who were building defensive structures.  As she turned her head she saw Sarah inspecting the normal people’s defenses and she realized she didn’t want to leave this place or these people.   She may have not been a mother to boys in her old life, but she would do so in this one. 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Happy Holidays!  Thanks for everyone who reads this story.