- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My First Story, so please bear with me on this one :P
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just the beginning, the set-up if you will

     It was a normal day at my house.  My parents were both at work, my stepsister, Jen, was visiting from college, while I was off for the week.  Me and Jen fought a lot, but we didn't hate each other, we just never agreed on anything.  Whenever we argued, Jen would always try to one-up me by explaining how much better she was than me at school.  You see, Jen was a scholar athlete, getting straight A/A+'s while being the second best Softball player in the state.  I was happy with my straight B+'s, sure my parents knew I could get A's, but I didn't want to commit my life to school.  But I digress.  I was lying down on my bed one night, thinking about the classic "Jen Offense" as I've started to call it.  The only thing that I've had on her was the fact that I was taller than her.  But I couldn't run that as my only offense.... could I?

            "Brian! Get in here!" Jen shouted.

            Well, I was about to find out.

            "Yes, Jen?" I said.

            "Did you touch my computer AGAIN?"

            I decided to try to avoid a confrontation, "No Jen, I didn't."

            In actuality, I did, but as always, I deleted the history of my sites.

            "Are you hoping that I'm stupid?" Jen asked.

            "What do you mean?"

            "My dad IS a computer technician, you know."

            "My brother IS a computer science major, so what?"  Did she know something I didn't?

            "So you tried the good old delete the history trick?"

            "What?"

            "I can see what you go on even if you DO delete the history."

            "Uh-oh." I thought.

            "And I know for a fact that I don't visit sites like Teen Giants or Shrinktopia."  Jen pointed out.

            I could only think of one word, "Busted."

            "Brian, are you aware of how smart I am?"  She asked.

            "Uh-oh," I thought, "Here it comes."

            "Did you think that a simple trick like that would fool me?"

            As bad of a transition as it was, I threw out my only defense.  I stood next to her, trying to use my height to my advantage. 

            "At least I'm a decent height, unlike you." I said, hoping it would work.

            "Well Brian, according to this computer history, you don't want to be."

            Crap.  She had me.  I had no defense left.  I just gave up and walked back to my room, defeated.  I sat there thinking, I had been caught red-handed.  Thoughts flew through my mind, of what she could possibly do.  She could tell my Dad.  I thought back to the conversation.  While I may have had the physical size advantage, Jen sure did a good job of making me feel small.  I kept thinking about the way that she talked to me, not realizing the environmental change that was already going on around me.  I finally snapped out of it and noticed what had happened.  I was shrinking and within moments I would be doll size.