- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I based this off the first season of the KonoSuba anime and as such character relationships and reveals are assumed up to that point.

 

Since I don't want to bog down the pace of the story with a bunch of rule and explainations, here is a link with all that information:

http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=6576&chapter=1

 

Disclaimer:  I do not own KonoSuba or it's characters!  They are not mine, I'm just playing with them!

 

Also SPOILER ALERT!  WATCH SEASON 1 IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!

Author's Chapter Notes:

[03/15/17]

Not really a lot going on this chapter, just introducing the characters mainly.

 

Five women of varying ages stood together in the common room of a stone building staring at a curtain of light.

"Excuse me, does anyone know where this leads?"  Asked the woman with long brown hair, her right eye covered by her bangs.

"Hey, listen up you damned Lich!"  The girl with a very long blue ponytail berated, roughly grabbing and lifting the black straps cross the breast of the brown haired girl's purple coat.  "You should be grateful a goddess such as myself isn't purifying you right now."  The blue haired girl continued to treat the lich in question harshly, swaying her back and forth.  "To even step foot in the dwelling of I, the water goddess Aqua of the Axis Cult.  I should purify you where you said!"

"I-I-I'm, I'm sorry, Aqua-sama."  The brown haired woman bawled.  "I know I don't deserve to be here... Please forgive me!"

"Aqua, Megumin and I invited Wiz because we each got those strange invitations."  The blonde haired woman in the room stated, stepping forward and breaking the blue haired girl's grip.

"Thank you so much, Darkness-san."  Wiz said, hiding behind the armored blonde.

"That doesn't mean I can allow an undead into my home, I am a goddess afterall."  Aqua replied, puffing out her chest.

"Now, now Aqua, how about we figure out what this is first?"  The girl with short silver hair and scar on her right cheek interrupted, motioning back to the glimmering veil of light.

"Ku-fu-fu."  The shortest girl of the group giggled as she stepped forward.  Adjusting her dark brown hair as she dramatically placed a hand on the eye-patch over her left eye she pointed her staff at the curtain of light.  "Beyond is a land of riches and knowledge gifted only to those who prove their worth by overcoming difficult trials."  Spinning to face her fields, her long black cape billowing as she turned, she pulled at the brim of her witch's hat peeking only one of her crimson eyes out from under it.  "We have been chosen to test our skill and luck all in the hopes of earning the bounty of the one who summoned us."

"You mean the invitation that said 'I'm bored, please come over to play for a bit.  I have party favors!' Megumin?"  The silver haired girl asked, which caused Megumin to hide the rest of her face with her hat as her face flushed crimson.

"Yes..."  The young girl replied quietly.

"But how do we know this thing is safe?"  She asked.  "For all we know, this could be dangerous."

"Worry not Chris."  Darkness replied, walking up to the curtain and then turning to face the group.  "I shall go first.  It is my duty to charge forward before my allies and ensure whatever thorns bar the path break upon my body!"  A blush came to the young woman's face and her breath came short.

"Or we could just do this."  Aqua said, quickly grabbing the strap of Wiz's coat and shoving the Lich in the direction of the curtain.

"Aqua-samaaaaaaaaa!"  Wiz cried out as she tripped on the stone floor and stumbled a couple steps before falling through the veil of light.  Quickly pulling herself back through the portal, Wiz turned to Aqua with tears in her eyes.  "Aqua-sama, that was mean."

Ignoring the crying Lich kneeling on the floor, the water deity in question skipped forward, the all but too short skirt of her dress bouncing with each step revealing glimpses of her bottom as she went.  "Seems safe."  She said, stepping through the portal.

"Come one Wiz, maybe you can get some payback in there."  Chris jokingly said, offering a hand to the unfortunate undead.

Taking Chris' hand, Wiz wiped the tears from her eyes and stood up.  "Thank you, Chris-san."

"Well then, let us follow Aqua then."  Darkness said, as she, Megumin, Chris and Wiz also stepped through the curtain.



The other side of the portal opened up into a large stone room.  In the center was a large card table with seats for six, to one side was an empty bar counter with numerous seats.  Directly behind the card table from the portal was a wide, raised area with lots of seats and finally, opposite to the bar was a door leading out of the room.

Standing before the five women was a girl with shoulder length hair that was constantly shifting through pastel colors wearing a short, strapless white dress with detached sleeves at her elbow.  Her eyes lit up as everyone assembled, which also seemed to change color and hue with each passing second.  She bowed deeply to her guests, her ample breasts almost almost falling out of her dress, before addressing them.

"Oh goody!  There are only five of you, that means nobody needs to wait."  She said, jumping up and down a bit and clapping her hands excitedly.  "Welcome to my game room, guests from another dimension, my name is Eris and it is wonderful to meet all of you."

"Eris?  You're not Eris.  Eris is a subordinate of mine and you look nothing like her."  Aqua protested, pointing a finger at Eris' chest.  "Also, if you were Eris you'd be wearing bra-pads."

"Oh my, you know someone you shares my name?"  Eris asked, running over to Aqua and grasping her hand.  "She may be your dimensions version of me!  But first, I should explain where you are and why I called you here."  Releasing Aqua's hand, the young woman took a few steps back.  "This dimension is different from your own, disconnected naturally but I made a gateway between not just yours and mine, but many others.  In your dimension there should be many different worlds, whether you are aware of them or not, but they are all connected and contained in one dimension.  The same applies to this dimension, but I got bored and decided to invite people from other dimensions over to play some games with me."  She giggled cheerfully and spun around a bit.  "Of course I don't expect anyone to come all this way just to play, so using my vast magic I will grant any one wish the winner of the game."

"Any wish?"  Chris asked, her eyes widening at the mention of the prize, though she wasn't the only one.  "Money, power, prestige?  Anything?"

"So long as it isn't anything like 'kill so-and-so', 'destroy this-or-that', or something else potentially too damaging to your world or mine, yes."  Eris replied.  "And for the record, the only reason for that limitation is because there could be other potential playmates in your dimension I could play with."  She added, playfully sticking out her tongue.

"Hmph, you think that a goddess such as I have a wish I need granted?"  Aqua questioned, condescendingly.

Eris smiled playfully at Aqua.  "Like send you home?  Because I can."

Aqua's eyes went wide as she heard what Eris declared and prostrated herself before the girl.  "Eris-samaaaa~, I would be honored if you would allow me to participate in your game."

"Hold on a second everyone."  Wiz spoke up, seeing that nobody was questioning Eris' claims.  "How do we know you do have such power?"

"In accordance with the spells of this room none of us can freely use magic or special abilities, but I'm not forcing anyone to play with me.  Those who wish to leave need only step through the portal and you will be home."  Eris replied.  "However, if you agree to play, you are obligated to finish the game, and while only the winner gets her wish granted I do have participation prizes for everyone."

"I'll play, I'll play!"  Aqua said adamantly.

"Me too."  Chris added.

"I shall also participate in your game, Eris-san."  Darkness said.

Megumin tightly gripped her hat as she took a few steps forward.  "Ku-fu-fu-fu-fu.  It must be fate that has brought one such as I to this realm.  Prepare yourself and be awed, for the wish that you grant shall be to me."  Stopping a few feet away from Eris, she threw out her hand and flourished her cape.  "My name is Megumin!  A crimson demon arch wizard who commands explosion magic, the most powerful of all offensive magic!"

While her companions were use to Megumin's outbursts, Eris stood dumbstruck.  Before her stood a young crimson eyed girl in a shoulderless red dress with gold trim with a black cape and large brim witches hat.  The others could see Eris visibly shaking as she walked over to the young crimson demon as she placed her hands on Megumin's shoulders.

"You... you are... you are..."  Eris stuttered.  "Too adorable!"  Before Megumin could even reply Eris buried the young girl's face in her cleavage and squeezed tight.

"Can't.... breathe...."  Megumin barely managed to say as her face kept sinking further and further into Eris' breasts.

"Oh sweetie, you don't need to breathe, that is one of the magical effects everyone benefits from."  Eris explained before releasing Megumin, who quickly ran back to the others.  "How about you?  Would you like to play a game with me?"  She asked looking to Wiz.

"I suppose."  Wiz sighed in defeat.

"Yay!  Well one last thing before we begin.  To keep things interesting whoever comes in last place will be given a little penalty, nothing permanent just a little prank like turning them into an animal for a while or something.  Now, whoever still wishes to play, please follow me to the table."  She said as she turned and walked to the table, sitting in the biggest seat.

Looking to one another, the group of guests all went over to the table and sat down.

"Great, now before we start here is an explanation of all the rules, protections and descriptions of the special cards that we'll be using."  Eris explained as a translucent 2-dimensional display appeared before each player.  "Since there are six of us, the deck size will be 40, 20 numbered and 20 randomly selected pairs of my special cards.  Make sure you read everything carefully because once I start to deal the game begins."

"Hold on a second, some of these effects are permanent but cannot be used on you."  Wiz protested after a couple minutes.

"Worry not, when a permanent effect is selected so too is a card to negate it, I think."  Eris assured the Lich.  "Though again, if anyone doesn't feel like it is worth the risk, they can leave now."

Again each player looked at the others unsure.

"Well, I'm sure everything will be fine if we look out for each other."  Chris said.

"Right."  Darkness agreed.  "Also, for the 'crush' and 'vore' cards, please feel free to target me with such cards, as it is a Crusaders duty to endure all hardships in her party's stead."  Again a deep blush blossomed on her face as she began to breathe heavily.  "No matter how many times you must trample, crush or squeeze my body... over and over again..."  Wrapping her arms around herself, the blonde began to squirm and fidget in her seat.  "I implore each of you, allow me the honor of bearing your pain."

"That's the spirit!"  Eris said, clasping her hands together.  "So she's one of those types... let's see if I can have some fun with this."  She thought with a predatory playful smile.  "But before I begin since I haven't heard all of your names, let's go around and state our names and titles.  I am Eris Chaos the Ultimate Sorceress."

"Aqua, Arch-Priest and Goddess of Water."

"Megumin, Arch-Wizard."

"Darkness, Crusader."

"Chris the Chivalrous Thief."

"Wiz the No Life King."

Eris' smile grew more and more as everyone finished thier introductions.  After Wiz introduced herself Eris pressed a button in front of her that vanished as a deck of cards appeared.  "Pleased to meet you all, now then... Shall we play a game?"

 

Chapter End Notes:

Again, not much but felt the need to set the mood.  Review if you'd like to and I should be posting a chapter with some real content soon.