- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alex is displeasured a little with his mother's decision on who is going to be the CEO of the company. Shocking news is revealed to him later on after he and Ms. Margaret get in to it once again.


The other main character appears at the end.

"Mrs. Alexandria Banikan has specifically selected...Ms. Margaret to be CEO and President of her BOTCHED company as well as the several outlier companies in which she presided over before her untimely death." Ms. Wainwright says, avoiding to look at me while we both listened to the hushed whispers that broke out between the board of executives as I tried to stable my mind.



"Ms. Wainwright, you are joking correct because this is entirely not funny?" I almost furiously fall out of my seat as I jump up to berate her while she entirely avoids eye contact me when she answers me after the unwelcomed outburst from someone.



"My little Caesar, I am sorry but she...well, we did...." Ms. Margaret tries to stress an apology to me, but I interrupt.



"YOU...YOU, SHUT UP! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOUR BLATANTLY BIG CONNIVING MOUTH!" I practically screamed huffing and puffing, hearing gasps for everyone as I shakily point my finger at Ms. Margaret at the other end of the table, who sobs while giving me a severely pained look. I grit my teeth as I turn around to pick my chair up I knocked over to sit down, then look up at Ms. Wainwright expecting an answer as she avoids eye contact with me.



"Mr. Julius Banikan, Mrs. Alexandria Banikan has left you word why she made the decision that she did. She stated that Ms. Margaret and she built the company from the ground up and have been through the thick and thin on their course of life with each other, but she still views her as a true friend. Ms. Margaret knows the business and possesses the corporate attitude and judgement skills needed for the company. You are kindhearted and trusting, so you do not possess the mental aptitude as of right now for the position. She hopes you will forgive her..." Ms. Wainwright sadly says, but manages to look at Julius for the last sentence.




"...Of course I forgive you mother...I ...I really do not possess the mental aptitude as of right now. (Sigh) You are right. I will grow to meet your expectations though, I promise." I say aloud to my mother as if she is there. I brokenly slouch in my chair as Ms. Wainwright starts to continue proceedings still listening to Ms. Margaret's annoying sniffles and sobbing in the background, which was making difficult to keep my calm demeanor as Ms. Wainwright gave me a helping smile.



"Continuing with the proceedings, Mr. Julius Banikan has been made the executive of the technology department for BOTCHED, given Mrs. Alexandria Banikan forty three percent shares of the BOTCHED company, her various houses and properties, and the remaining finances she has left in her name. The board of executives recipients may now sign and afterwards leave, excluding Ms. Margaret and Mr. Julius Banikan." Ms. Wainwright stated, sorrowfully gazing down at me as my coworkers now, went to sign the legal documents while I brokenly sat in my chair.



I was happy to vaguely see that everyone had left, but was distraught when I tuned around to see Ms. Margaret had remained even though she was suppose to anyway, but I at least thought she would suggest to reschedule the meeting for another time, however she did not. As I turned around briefly to catch a glimpse of her, she offered me a heartwarming teary eyed smile, which made me want to explode out in an outburst again, but I managed to calm myself.



"Well Julius, since it's just us, I will stop being so formally uptight with you, okay sweetie?" Ms. Wainwright warmly said, apologetically and warmly smiling down at me while using her finger to nudge my face to make sure I was gazing up at her, which I bashfully moved my eyes to look elsewhere while she muffled giggles at me.



"Julius...I have something to tell you that is going to make you upset, but you have to promise me you will not have an angry outbursts or lash out at Ms. Margaret or me, okay?" Ms. Wainwright hesitantly said, twiddling her thumbs as Ms. Margaret had gotten up earlier when she began talking to sit right beside her while giving me an apologetic gaze.



"I promise I will try not to lash out or have an an abrupt outburst in torrents at you both. Are you satisfied, so you can hurry up and proceed for I can go home?" I say groaning, as both of them gazed down on me with hesitant eyes, then briefly made eye contact with each other.



"Well, at least trying is better than not at all. We can accept that deal. Anyway Julius, to break the ice, Mrs. Alexandria Banikan is not your biological mother..." Ms. Wainwright hesitantly says, touching Ms. Margaret's trembling arm beside her to give her moral support unknown to me while I look at them both to precariously study their faces m to see if there was any chance of them joking and there was none, just their bitter faces.



"It doesn't matter. She will forever be my one and only mother even if what you say is true. It does not change how I feel about her. She is my one and only mother." I honestly say, not knowing Ms. Margaret is digging her fingernails into her palm and scrunching her toes in her black pumps and also not paying noticing that she is biting her bottom lip from hearing my words.



"Can I leave now?" I ask, gazing up at Ms. Wainwright and ignoring Ms. Margaret's quivering existence.




"You...you do not want to know who your biological mother is, Julius?" Ms. Wainwright strangely stammeringly ask, her eyes loosely gazing at me.




"No, her existence is irrelevant to me, so why would I want to waste a mental cavity space for information that has no meaning for me. And the same goes for my biological father." I dully say, hearing Ms. Margaret surprisingly break out in choking sobs as tears rapidly stream down her face and Ms. Wainwright dully stare down at me as tears fill the brim of her eyes while she weakly slumps her shulders. I look at their appalled expressions while wondering what is wrong with them.



'What is wrong with them?!! Especially Ms. Margaret! She has been an emotional wreck all day and not including her ignoring my personal space several times earlier!'



"What is your problem? You have been ruining everything for me and irking me all day today! Now you want to be silent when I want you to speak, but you are talkative when I do not want to hear you! What sense does that make, huh?!! What is your problem?" I agitatedly say up to her, gritting my teeth getting up out of my chair as she painfully gazes down at me.



"Because I am your MOTHER!" She angrily chokingly exclaims to me, slamming both of her hands down on the table in front of me causing me to fall down on my bottom while I gawk at her for what I just heard.



'No, that cannot be possible! No! Anybody, but her!'



"You lie! This isn't funny" I exclaim, backing away with my hands from her as she steadily gazes at me while chokingly sobbing. Her hand starts shakily coming towards me while I hurriedly backpedal away from her.



"You...you stay away me!" I exclaim, seeing her dark metallic gray fingernails stop just before me as she hesitantly gazed down at me in remorse, then takes her hand away after muffling a few more sobs.



"It is true Julius... Ms. Anita Margaret is your biological mother. Your adopted Mother, Mrs. Alexandria Banikan wanted you to know that and also would be her wish for you to stay with her for she can nurture you. She thought it would be good for the both of you." Ms. Wainwright emotionally says, giving me a pained apologetic gaze that makes me feel sick to my stomach.



"That is never happening! Ever! I will apologize to my mother's spirit and grave, however I will never live with this detestable old woman!" I exclaim while hatefully glaring at both of them.



"My little Caesar, do not be that way, please! It can be a fresh new start for the both of us! Please give me a chance! I am your mother!" Ms. Margaret emotionally exclaims, her hand reaching for me as I suck my teeth from anger.



"Keep your filthy hand away from me! I have only ONE mother and she is dead, whom you assisted making her that way. I do not want anything to do with you! Get that through your giant conniving head." I angrily exclaim, backpedaling away from her shaking hand that is coming towards me.



"Julius, you not have not have to be like this!" Ms. Wainwright emotionally exclaims, trying to intervene, but just angers me further.




"Shut up! You are just a lawyer! Do not talk as if you are familiar with me! I almost hate you just as much as I hate her now! We are no longer friends! If I even think I have no choice but to live with her, I will bite my tongue off to gruesomely die and if that does not work, I will just suffocate myself on the blood. I am not living with that repulsive woman!" I angrily exclaim, putting my tongue between my teeth afterwards as they both gawk at me while tears flow out of their eyes.



"Fine! You win! Stop it Caesar! I do not want you to hurt yourself! Please!" Ms. Margaret sobbingly says, gazing at me with her pleading crying big gray eyes that I feel so repulsed by as Ms. Wainwright chokingly sobs beside her.




"Do not talk as if you fucking care about me! I am fourteen years and a half old! Meaning you had fourteen years to fucking open up to me! I was already repulsed by you enough before this, but now I loathe your very existence. I cannot believe this! I..I hate you!" I angrily exclaim, waiting for her to say anything for I can verbally attack her as I glare up at her beautiful sobbing face.




"Fine...Julius, your mother left you two options. The first option is that you stay together with Ms. Margaret since she gains custody of you and build a relationship with her with me overseeing. The second option grants you the opportunity to live on your own, since you are highly intelligent and possess the capability, however you have to call Ms. Margaret mom, mama, mommy, or mother when you refer or speak to her and you also have to let her visit you twice a week outside of work, which I do not have to oversee because she expected you would be angry with me. Anyway, do you choose the first or second option?" Ms. Wainwright barely managed to say formally, gazing down at me with pained eyes.



"I choose the second option!" I gritted my teeth to say, glaring at them giving me a pained gaze.




Okay, you both need to sign these documents and you may leave." She barely managed not to sob to say as I read over the document to make sure she wasn't having me sign option 1, which she bitterly gazed down at me for doing. I eventually signed the several documents, then walked to the other end of the table to leave down the ladder as I felt their longing gaze on my back.




"No goodbye or anything Julius? You are really going to leave us...well me hurting like this? Julius answer me...please!" Ms. Wainwright exasperatedly says, raising up out of her seat as I ignore her.



'My mother said my personality as it was, was not capable of being CEO because I did not possess ruthlessness.'




I take a glance at Ms. Wainwright, who is following me at the side table sobbingly telling me to say something to her and do not leave it just like this. I glimpse Ms. Margaret by the doorway, who is sadly gazing at me from afar while crying, which irks me and prompts me to do what I just was thinking about.




"Ms. Wainwright, since you are the company's lawyer as well as the prescribed witness for decisions, you will schedule a meeting for the executives tomorrow." I said as I was going down the steps, then finally reached the ground as I continued to walk towards the door ignoring her questions of asking me "why" and Ms. Margaret's crying while I walked out of the door frame past her to unwillingly catch a whiff of the odor emanating out of her probably stewing hot black pumps.



I inwardly cringe from the smell as I make my way to the hallway and remotely feel lost for a second as I feel the hot gazes behind me followed by the tremors of their footsteps. I ignore them as I keep walking, even though the tiredness is creeping up on me as well the various aches all over my body, but I keep pressing onward. After a while, I finally make it to the reception area and see the familiar plain faced nun cleaning up...