- Text Size +
You see the pair of tan platform sandals, towering above you, like a mountain, only much more terrifying. The sandals were only part of it. They house the giant toes, with shiny red toenails. You look up, confused as to who this is, but you can’t quite see the face. “James? Are you awake yet? James?” They called out. You recognise the voice to be your Mother. She steps right over you, but kicks you far along the floor in the process. You land battered and bruised, right back next to your bed. Great. You look up and see your mother, pounding her giant feet towards you. You aren’t as close to your bed as before, so it wasnt a TOTAL waste of time. You see her platform sandals stop abruptly, just before they kicked you away again. You stand there, looking at the platforms, that look around the size of a skyscraper. She looks around, very confused, as you aren’t here. “AMY? HAVE YOU SEEN JAMES?” She calls. “NO MOM, HE’S PROBABLY OUT WITH A FRIEND.” Amy replies. “Huh... lemme try his cell.” She mutters. She continues walking, but you manage to dodge her feet, so as not to be thrashed across the room. THUMP! She sits down on your bed, then kicks off her sandals. The fly towards you, and almost smash into you! One is turned on its side, and the other is upright. You feel uneasy, as before, she was around a metre away, but now, her shoes are right next to you. You grab a whiff of the smell, and it instantly knocks you. It smells pungent, and is overwhelming. At thus point, you feel like collapsing, but you can’t give up hope. DING DING DING! You pull your cellphone out if your pocket, and see that your Mom is calling. You look up at her, with the phone to her face, looking around. You answer the call and begin screaming at her for help, but the line is too fuzzy for her to hear you at all. The reception when you’re 1/8th of an inch is terrible! “Honey I can’t hear you, could you speak up?” She says. She stands up, ready to leave, and then the call automatically ends due to connection issues. She walks back over to the sandals. You panic and jump right behind the one that is turned over. The smell dominates you, but you are determined not to give up. She walks over to her sandals, and puts them on, unaware that she has just sealed you under her bare soles, that smell so bad, you think you will die. She walks out muttering to herself “huh? Ah, he might be at Bobby’s, the connection near his house is crap.”. But that’s not the case. Not bothering to check with Bobby, she continues to walk all over her son, slowly making life unbearable for him. The stench, the pressure under her feet, the loneliness that you feel for being so small, with everyone having no knowledge.