- Text Size +
Jeremy had always been best friends with Olivia, since they were toddlers. But what happened during that science project changed everything forever.

Jeremy was sat at home, texting, when he got a text from Olivia: “Wassup bro, I need help with my science project. Can you come over?”
He of course, replied yes. He then packed a backpack with his PJs incase it turned into a sleepover, like usual.

He arrived at her house and knocked on the door. He hear her call “Just come in, it’s unlocked!” from her bedroom. He walked in then went upstairs to help her with her project. He walked into her room and instantly noticed a large machine, with a cylindrical barrel at the front, with many buttons and lights on it.

“Hey, Jeremy, my man! Wassup?” She greeted him.
“Nothing much, so what the hell is this?” He asked curiously.
“Well, uh... that’s a surprise! I need you to test it for me. Don’t worry, it’s safe and everything.” She assured him.
“Now step in front of it, but take off your backpack.” She said, excited.
He’d slide off his backpack and place it at the side of the room, then stand in front of the confusing pile of metal.
“Okay, now just stay very still!” She commanded.
She pushed a button on the console panel and the machine began to make a slow humming noise.

She flipped a level and the humming became a slow whir, as the cylinder began to spin slowly. She turned a dial and then pulled another lever on the console and the cylinder began to speed up slowly. Slowly but surely, it got up to a speed of around 10 MPH. She then put on her safety goggles and pushed a final button. The machine began to emit a dim red light, which became a red light, which became a bright red light, and before you can even say “What the hell is this spinning machine?” there was a large flash of light, and Jeremy was perfectly normal.

“Huh?” Olivia moaned,
“It... didn’t work...” she muttered, disheartened.
“Look, I’m sure whatever it is, it’ll work next ti—“ he began.
Olivia’s eyes lit up as she noticed that Jeremy’s size was changing. Slowly but surely, he was shrinking, around an inch every 20 seconds. Jeremy, of course, hadn’t got a clue...
Olivia tried to play it cool, trying not to alarm his best friend. She paced back and forth, making it look like she was thinking. Jeremy went to get his backpack, but once he had returned to Olivia, he could’ve sworn she was taller than him. She’d never been taller than him, he’d always been the tallest, standing at a towering 5’11”. “Hey, Liv, you grown?” He asked inquisitively. “Haha, yeah, I guess I have, or maybe you’ve shrunk.” She responded. They both chuckled at the thought, then suddenly Jeremy’s eyes widened. “Shrunk?”