- Text Size +

She'd been washing dishes. At least, she thought that was the last thing she'd remembered. The only thing she could remember was a strong sense of light-headedness and then nothing before waking up here.

Initially she'd assumed it was some kind of large, dark cavern. What had concerned her the most was the rhythmic sound of wind drawing in and out of some remote part of the cavern. She knew she stood upon wood, but could see no gap in it. They didn't seem to be planks as they stretched out too far. Finally, she came across a large barrier. Initially it had a soft textures, but it was so large and heavy it was ultimately immovable.

Then the sun began to rise and with it she understood where she was. She dropped to her knees. It was all one huge man made room. She judged herself about relatively an inch tall, but it was hard to tell. Even by normal height the room was ginormous. She knew this because she used to have to be the one to clean it.

She was the maid Elsa,and she had been shrunk in the room of her master, the Princess Amelia.

Amelia was spoke of across the country. All eligible bashelors wanted her. Bards spoke of her obsidian black hair and alabaster white skin. Commoners spoke of her body, modest but attractive. She stood at about 5"6. At least, to a normal person. Her facial features were delicate and always held in an expression of poise and grace. 

What none of them saw was her at six o'clock in the morning, snoring with one leg hung off her bed and hair cascading over her own face. Was some of that falling into her mouth? Elsa shuddered at the thought. 

Elsa fell to the floor, cradling her hands over her ears. A voice boomed from outside the room. She tried to shut it out as much as possible, but she could still make out what was happening. One of the other maids was shouting at the Princess to wake up. She groaned, to Elsa sounding like some great dragon.

In a single, godlike action the giant figure pulled itself upright. Elsa found it hard to put it into words. It was like seeing a building become mobile.

She trembled, and she didn't stop trembling. Amelia rose to her full hieght. Elsa could barely even see the top of her when she craned her neck fully.

Then she had to crane her neck even more. And more. The Princess was approaching, quickly, her long pink silken night gown swaying as she walked. She realised she might be able to save herself from the massive Royal if she ran as fast as she could to the left, but she didn't. She couldn't. She couldn't move at all. It was all so big and scary and she just couldn't do it.

Instead she fell to the floor. It wasn't like nothing so far had hammered in her new size, but a giant sole looming above her and blotting out her sky was definitely one of them. As she looked, falt on her back, she could see nothing but the skin of the giant high above her.

Just like that, it passed over her, landing almost directly next to her. She could feel the gust of air produced as it pressed against the floor, feel the slight vibrations. And The Princess hadn't even noticed. She continued walking at what now that Elsa's life wasn't (immediately) threatened seemed to be incredible speeds. In a few, ridiculously broad steps she had stepped out of the bedroom and into what Elsa remembered to be her bathroom. This gave her some time to breathe before the giant came back again.

Elsa hadn't lived much. She'd worked as long as she'd remembered sold into service by parents she didn't even remember. She had five minutes between work and sleep every night she would take to look at the stars. It was there, looking back on her life shrivelling in fear of death, she realised she couldn't die here. Wouldn't, not if she could help it. She'd see the stars again.

Food. That was the first priority. Without that she couldn't make any more moves. The kitchen was floors down and rooms away, and even crossing a metre was somewhat of a challenge. Luckily, she'd lived in this castle her whole life. She knew the place like the back of her hand. There were pipes installed like a network throughout the walls, both for more efficient food deliveries for the nobles and to spread heat more evenly during winters. There was one just in the hallway opposite Princess Amelia's room.

Elsa found herself on her feet, already moving. She could do this. It would be exhausting but this might actually be possible. Against all odds, it might actually happen. As long as the coast was clear she could get through this.

Life was never that simple. In a godlike movement the princess made a bombastic entrance, flinging her door back open. She was still messy, her hair sticking up in strange places and her eyes half open. She didn't stop there. Her footsteps came one after another, not stopping and moving at a crazy speed. Elsa picked up the pace, sprinting now. She was in the princess's path. She considered running back but from her estimate she wouldn't make it. The only way through was forward. Pushing the sprint now, it seemed she'd make it. Fear gnawed at her, the Princess booming ever closer.

At the last moment she managed to scurry under the door to the hallway. She glanced back, stopping for a second to see the imposing foot standing before the door. She shivered remembering the force and power of it. The thing moved up and down slowly on the heels, tapping her toes against the floor in boredom. Each movement was magical.

No time for that. Elsa checked the hallway which was thankfully empty and began to cross to the other side. Like she'd hoped the pipe was directly opposite her.

It took a minute, but she was nearly at the pipe. Just when it seemed like she might make it, the door behind her opened. She couldn't look back at the Princess. She didn't have enough time and the fear of seeing her itself might immobilise her.

She was at the pipe now, running with all her might. The pipe was raised slightly from the floor, so she'd have to get a running leap. The footsteps behind her continued to boom. She took off into the air, arms reaching to grab onto the ledge of the pipe.

She never reached it. She didn't even touch the ground. She was surrounded by something soft and warm before being thrust in front of a pair of wide brown eyes expanding in shock.

"What are you?" Asked the princess.