- Text Size +

As Carla had promised, she introduced Malcolm to her other friends, Alyssa and Elizabeth. The three of them were all equally pretty, but easily told apart by their hair color. Whereas Carla was a redhead, Alyssa was a blonde giantess, and Elizabeth a brunette. On this occasion, the three giantesses were in the mood for regular food, and so they were sharing a giant pizza. Not to be left out, Malcolm had a personal-sized pepperoni pie of his own.

“Mal, these are my other friends Alyssa and Elizabeth.” The other two giantesses each waived when their names were called. “Girls, this is my other friend, Malcolm.”

“Hello,” said Malcolm.

All the expected “small” talk, a term used ironically for an evening that included three giantesses, proceeded as it always does from there. Although they were eating pizza now, the giantess friends eventually talked about humans they had eaten recently.

“So Carla,” said Alyssa, “Elizabeth and I both ate each other’s namesakes. Isn’t that an odd coincidence?”

“Sorry to come off ignorant, but what do you mean?” Malcolm asked. Carla was a giantess, and would have known what this meant.

“Well,” smirked Alyssa, “I ate a woman named Elizabeth.”

“And I ate a woman named Alyssa,” finished Elizabeth.

Malcolm pondered this. It made sense, for giantesses, that eating humans who happened to share names with their giantess friends would be considered good luck.

“If you ever ate another man named Malcolm, would you tell me about it as a friend, even though I’m not a giant?” Malcolm asked Carla.

“Yes. I never thought about that before, but come to think of it, I would. We’ve certainly been friends long enough for that!” She turned back to Alyssa and Elizabeth. “Whom else did you two eat lately, besides the other Alyssa and Elizabeth?”

“Well, I ate three men named George, Abraham, and Donald,” replied Alyssa.

“And I ate three men named Peter, Eugene, and Francis,” followed up Elizabeth.

“I ate a woman named Martha, and two men named Lee and Thaddeus.”

“Carla! You finally remembered the name of someone you ate!” Elizabeth had an excited smile on her face.

“No offense, Carla, but I know even some male giants who remember the names of their prey better than you do,” said Alyssa frankly, “But it sounds like that’s changing. Good for you!” This particular world does not allow male giants to visit from the Home World of the Giants, but some others do.

“The only male giant I personally know is Elizabeth’s husband. Where is he, anyway?”

“Connor is currently visiting another world he's allowed in, collecting reward money on a bounty-hunting assignment like yours. All the criminals he can eat!”

“Oh, I was wondering that, too. It will be nice to see him again one day, but at least he is doing well,” mused Alyssa, her voice gradually trailing off into silence.

“What about you?” Elizabeth asked Alyssa. “When will you find yourself a male giant in the Home World?”

“Never. I’m dating another giantess. Her name is Dorothy.”

Funnily enough, Dorothy arrived the very next moment.

“Sorry I’m late. Maybe only half a slice? I ate half a dozen volunteers on my way…BURP!…here. Excuse me.” Dorothy’s burp had interrupted her.

Alyssa introduced Dorothy to Carla, Elizabeth, and Malcolm. Now, it was time to talk shop! The entire group proceeded to discuss the matter of Kari and Crechorian, and how to track them down so as to bring them to justice.