- Text Size +

Wednesday Day Three – Unwelcome Fate

 

            I once again woke up early but I knew I didn’t have too as I had the next month and half off from work so I can cope with my loss. I kept thinking about how happy Gina probably was about this but I didn’t want to draw any attention to me so I took this little sabbatical.

 

I went down to the kitchen and started making breakfast. I struggled to reach most of the cabinets that were above the counter top. I was confused by what was happening.  I kept telling myself that this must be some stupid joke Kirsten is playing on me.

 

“Hey dad, would you [pause] grab [long pause] me [longer pause]”

 

“Well spit it out Kirsten”

 

            I spun around to see what she wanted me to get and I realized why she was stammering so much. Kirsten was almost a head taller then me.

 

“Dad you’re so short. I mean look at you? You’re probably about 5’2”. What’s happening to you?”

 

“I don’t know lets just think about this calmly and rationally here and most important let’s not tell your mom when she calls okay?”

 

            Before I could even finish my sentence Kirsten grabbed the cell phone off the table and started dialing.  I already knew who she was calling so I went to grab the phone but she lifted it up.

 

“HAHA can’t reach shorty!”

 

“Kirsten give me the phone young lady! I am still your father.”

 

            She grudgingly passes over the phone and gets ready for school. The second she is up stairs Martin quickly begins to dial.

 

“Hey it’s me, you know what must be done and I want you to do it no matter what okay? I do not want her around is that clear? Accidents happen right? What? Oh yeah I’m fine just a sore throat. Bye”

 

            With a smile and a spring in his step Martin went upstairs to relax.