- Text Size +

 

The door opened. Stephanie saw that Brian was a tall man with glasses and unkempt hair. With a little bit of grooming, Stephanie thought that Brian would have looked extremely handsome.

“Hi Dr. Kaplan”, said Stephanie with a smile.

“I’m not a “Dr” yet”, said Brian not returning the smile, “what brings you here? Are you in one of my classes?”

“No. I’m not”, said Stephanie, “honestly, I’m not much of a science girl. My name is Stephanie. I’m a friend of Amy.”

“Is Amy ok”, asked Brian with concern. Stephanie could tell – Brian liked Amy too. She would be glad to play matchmaker if needed.

“Yeah, she’s fine”, said Stephanie, “but we need your help with something. Amy didn’t want me to ask but I heard about your latest project and I was wondering if..”

“The answer is no. And honestly, I doubt you even asked Amy’s permission for whatever it is you want to do. I have heard of you, Stephanie. Amy has told me about you. I’m assuming your intentions are good and I know that you’re a great friend of Amy. However, my project hasn’t gone through sufficient testing to be used for anything.”

Stephanie sighed. Brian didn’t seem entranced by her sexy outfit.

“I understand”, said Stephanie, “this is really important though. Something awful happened today.”

“What? Was a customer at that nail salon mean to you?”

Stephanie wondered what Amy told Brian about her. Stephanie might have been a little oversensitive about mean customers – but did Amy feel the same way as her mother did about it?

“No, close. A customer made Amy cry.”

“That’s awful”, said Brian shaking his head, “who could be mean to Amy?”

“An entitled bully. Two of them. That’s why we need your shrinking machine to make things right.”

“Do you understand the risks involved with using my invention?”

“I think I understand the dangers of changing a person’s size.” Stephanie was getting miffed with Brian’s condescension. She felt like Brian thought she was an idiot.

“Very well”, said Brian, “just remember that I will be doing this for Amy – not for you. If I see that this is for your own selfish endeavors, I will do what I can to change everything back.”

“I care for Amy a lot. All I want to do is help her.”

“In all seriousness though, I think Amy wouldn’t like what you’re doing. You and I are probably more upset by this now than she is.”


“That’s only because Amy doesn’t realize how incredible of a woman she is. Nobody should treat like they did. This one bitch, Sophie, was yelling at Amy the whole time when she was doing her nails. Amy did a great job but Sophie said it was horrible – even though no flaws or blemishes.”

“I really hope I don’t regret this.”

“I promise you won’t – thank you!”

Brian went to his desk and pulled out the shrinking machine. It looked like something from the movies. It was a metallic ray gun with a distinct array of buttons and dials by the machine’s handle.

“Okay, so what would you like me to do? I have tested this machine on objects and even myself – so I know it works well. My concern is moreso what exactly you want.”

“So simple. I just want to shrink down Sophie and her friend Veronica. Then I would take them to me and my friends for some revenge. Maybe they can paint our nails and see how hard the job is when they’re bug-sized!”

“This machine is delicate. The one thing I ask is that I have control over it at all times.”

Stephanie rolled her eyes. Brian was going to be a buzzkill. Amy had no idea about anything Stephanie wanted to do – Amy’s first reaction would be to object. Stephanie knew it. But what else could Stephanie do? Brian knew this machine inside and out.

“Alright, you can.”

“The easiest way to get your targets is in stealth mode. I will shrink down in size with the machine and can get them while I’m small.”

“So, what do I do?”

“You transport me to where you think they are. If you even know.”

“They are both part of the Mu Nu Iota sorority.”

“Mu Nu Iota? You said one of them was Sophie, right?”

“Yes, I did. Do you know her?”

“Doesn’t matter.”

Stephanie sighed. She felt like Brian must know Sophie from somewhere. But she knew wouldn’t get any info.

“Stand back”, said Brian, “I’m going to shrink down to approximately 1.25 inches.”

Stephanie made sure to step far away. She watched as Brian pointed the ray gun at himself and adjusted the settings. Brian, along with the shrinking machine shrunk down to a tiny size. Even his clothes shrunk with him!



Brian had shrunk himself a couple of times but never in the presence of another person. This would be a new experience for the young genius. He was used to his usual setting though. His desk and chair towered over him. He just now had to make his way closer to Stephanie.

Brian was feeling wary but he wanted to help Amy and impress her. Amy would see how brilliant he was and want to be his girlfriend. Brian could see that Stephanie was charming and good-hearted, but she was overly emotional and certainly didn’t think things through. Brian thought Stephanie was a ditz who probably would have benefitted if she would seek advice from Amy on occasion who was more rational.

Brian ran over to Stephanie and was within direct vision of her feet adorned in flip-flops. Brian could see her olive-toned feet with bright red nail polish. Stephanie subconsciously wiggled her toes on top of the flip-flops. They were massive and Brian thought about how he could be crushed under Stephanie’s foot without a problem. He was tempted to touch her foot but he didn’t want to give Stephanie any satisfaction – based on her outfit choice, she was probably hoping that he would fall head over heels for her and just do whatever she wanted.

Brian wondered what it would be like to be small at Amy’s feet. He did think before of what it would be like to worship her. Amy needed a confidence boost and having a tiny worshipper might just do the trick.

“Admiring the view”, asked Stephanie softly.

Brian looked up at the grinning giantess and just gave her a blank stare.

“I often get compliments on my feet”, continued Stephanie, “they must look amazing at your size. Too bad that Sophie and Veronica will have a different experience.”

“If you’re going to kill them, I’m aborting this mission”, said Brian as loud as he could.

“What!?!? No, I wouldn’t kill them”, said Stephanie in a too loud voice, “I just want them to see what life is like being small.”

“Please speak softly. My ears are tiny.”

“Sorry. You can give my foot a little kiss if you like – I see you looking at them.”

Brian shook his head.

“Maybe later then”, said Stephanie with a giggle.

Stephanie then picked up Brian and brought him right to her face.

“I’m trying to figure out the safest place to put you.”

“Probably your pocketbook.”

“You’re sure you don’t want to be in my cleavage?”

“Not safe enough. You need me in perfect health to pull this off.”

Brian quietly wondered what Amy would be like so large. He doubted that the petite wallflower would be as forward as Stephanie but that wasn’t a bad thing.

“Okie, in my pocket book you go.”

Brian and his shrinking machine were put into the faux-leather pocketbook, ceremoniously next to a lipstick container. Stephanie left the pocketbook partially open to ensure that Brian had enough air.

If Sophie was the woman who he thought she was, Brian definitely wouldn’t want to deal with her as a giantess. He shuddered at what would happen if things went wrong.

After about 20 minutes, the pocketbook opened fully.

“We’re at the sorority house”, said Stephanie, “so, what do you think is the best plan of action?”

“Simple”, said Brian, “first, show me some pictures and I’ll find these two women and shrink them.  Give me your phone #, I’ll send you a text when I’m done. I have a setting where they can be knocked unconscious for about 20 minutes. I also have increased durability/strength now, so I can bring them over to you even though we’ll all be the same size.”

Stephanie showed Brian pictures of the two women. This was the same Sophie he failed last semester. She was a brat – that much he knew. Brian could believe that this woman was capable of belittling Amy the way Stephanie said. Brian felt more emboldened to help than ever before, he wouldn’t admit it to Stephanie.

“Good luck”, Stephanie blew Brian an air kiss.

Brian sighed. This could fail miserably. He went into the sorority house.

 

Chapter End Notes:

In the next chapter - Brian goes on his covert mission.

I hope everyone is enjoying the story, a lot more to come!

And please let me know the following in the reviews:

1.) Your thoughts on the story so far.
2.) Any  scenarios you would like to see amongst the characters. You can find a listing of all the main characters in Chapter 1.