- Text Size +

 

Her city, her rules

 

Even when the multiple screens on his command post were filled with images of her, General McCulloh still had a hard time to believe that he was leading his men to fight a giant woman. And it was not as if he had not had plenty of time to digest the news he had got three hours before, when the images of the gargantuan Megan Monroe had started flooding every TV station and social network, presenting the world with a nemesis that had only existed in B-movies until then.

He swallowed hard as he digested the latest reports on the woman’s movements and tried to make his mind up one more time. The President’s words still echoed in his mind. He had to bring the bitch down. And he had to do it quickly. This, of course, had been the predictable part of the call. What he had not been expecting and had managed to chill his blood had been what had come next. The President’s terms had been far from uncertain when he had assured him that he would not be judged by the collateral damage of whatever he had to do.

Which brought McCulloh to the crossroads he was now standing at. Having been given every resource he had asked for, Robert McCulloh had gathered a formidable destructive power in the outskirts of Stanton, a power he hoped would be enough to accomplish what he had been tasked. But, at the same time, he was very aware of the consequences this power would have to the people of the densely populated city.

“She’s heading back towards Downtown,” one of the General’s aides said, telling him what was already very obvious from the images on the screens.

McCulloh had secretly wished that the giantess would have kept going once she reached the sea, even if he had rationally known that this was nothing more than wishful thinking.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Now very aware of the military’s presence in the city, Megan was more attentive to the hints that proved that she was being observed. Above her, the wakes of the fast-moving fighter jets increased their frequency at the same time they seemed to decrease their altitude. And they were far from the only watchers. Closer, despite keeping out of reach, the goddess started picking up more and more dark green helicopters. Rather than the insect-like gunships the army would have sent if they were going to attack her right away, the choppers in question seemed to be more the observation type.

Megan was no expert in weaponry and military tactics, but years of reading giantess fiction and a bit of intellectual curiosity had given her higher than average knowledge on the stuff the armed forces could eventually use against her. And right now, nothing of what she was seeing seemed to be an immediate threat.

People and vehicles disappeared by the dozen under Megan’s murderous soles, mostly unnoticed to her. Now focused on guessing what the army was up to, the giantess was oblivious to the world at her feet as she casually strolled back towards Downtown.

There was something in the military’s behavior that bothered her. It had already been a while since she had spotted them for the first time and yet there seemed to be no sign of an imminent attack. What the hell were they waiting for? She was a rampaging mega-giantess, for God’s sake. And she was pretty sure that she was doing a great job at being one!

Curious and a bit annoyed, Megan started looking for answers. And she decided that the already very punished world at her feet could be a good source for them.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“Oh my God!” Sergeant Hernandez muttered as the ground started shaking mildly under his boots, in perfect unison with the movements of the massive behemoth advancing towards them down Fairchild Avenue.

He had already seen plenty of footage of the giantess before leading his men into the city, but the videos and imagery did not do justice to the impact she caused live. Hernandez judged that the gigantic woman must still be a mile away, but still he could see every detail of her imposing form.

By now, her body count was estimated to be already in the tens of thousands. Hernandez knew that and it was this knowledge that made him feel guilty when he could not prevent thinking that the giantess was gorgeous. There was hardly anything in her body that was not sculpted to perfection, at least when it came to his ideal of beauty. Even her joyful, carefree attitude added to the overall sensuousness she projected.

And then, her right foot landed on a packed bus and the spell was broken.

“HQ, this is sentinel seventeen. Nemesis is advancing down Fairchild. She does not seem to be actively paying attention to her surroundings but is causing plenty of collateral. Estimate in the hundreds,” Hernandez radioed, swallowing hard after his last sentence.

“Copy,” was all the response that he received.

“Are they going to do anything?” one of his men asked, noticeably startled by what he was seeing.

“This is above my paygrade,” Hernandez replied, shrugging. He then took another look at the mind-blowing creature advancing towards them and noticed that she had cut the distance by more than half in the span of a minute. “Fall back,” he then commanded.

His men followed him to the APC, which they had hidden in a side street. Once the giantess moved past them they would either be repositioned or ordered to get back with the bulk of the task force. He secretly wished for the second option.

Hernandez slid by the driver in order to get the best possible view of what was happening outside though one of the portholes. His heart rate accelerated fast when the biggest shake yet was matched by a foot the size of a basketball court landing right on the intersection between the main avenue and the side street where they were posted. The hair on his back then stood on end when rather than keep going, the foot remained there for far longer than he would have liked.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Megan wondered how many of the matchbox-sized vehicles she had ignored as she strolled back into the city. They were certainly small enough to skip unless one was actively looking for them. Luckily, she now was.

At some point, Megan had guessed that the army would not have only sent planes and choppers to take a peek at what she was doing. She was now proud that she had.

“Sneaky bastards,” she muttered with a smirk as she started to crouch.

The armored vehicle felt sturdier than anything she had grabbed so far. It was refreshing for a change, and allowed Megan to be a bit less mindful as she picked it up between two fingers. She could see a communications dish and a machine gun at the top, but rather than a tank, the vehicle looked more like a transport.

The giantess stood up gracefully and set the miniature carrier in her ready left palm, which she then raised in front of her face. Her smile widened as she could guess some movement behind its windshield.

“I thought I’d give you a better look,” she teased as she kept her attention on the armored vehicle.

There was no reaction, but it was not as if she had been expecting any. So, Megan decided to simply go on.

“Look, guys. There’s a reason why you are not a bidimensional metal pancake at the bottom of a footprint,” Megan said. “I have a couple of questions. Help me sort them out, and you can live to see the sunrise tomorrow.”

Once more, there was no reaction, but she knew she still needed to nudge them a bit more.

“I’m known to keep my end of deals, so right now you have one of the best probabilities of survival in the city. So, what do you say? Wanna come out and have a chat?”

Megan got an answer, this time. It was not the one she had been expecting. She heard the sound of a hydraulic motor moving the small metal turret at the transport’s top an instant before it rotated a little and the machine gun roared to life.

Despite the close distance, Megan barely felt the impacts of the high-caliber munitions as they hit her right cheek and bounced off it harmlessly, unable to pierce its impregnable thickness. The consequences to her wellbeing were negligible. The ones to her mood were not.

“Stupid slimy bugs!” she snapped as she moved her hand away from her face in a brusque movement.

The consequences of the sudden gesture were way more noticeable inside the vehicle than to her, the eight soldiers packing it momentarily getting close to losing their consciousness.

Considerably pissed, Megan picked the carrier up with two fingers once more, and then used two more fingers from her free hand to pinch its back. The APC’s armor groaned, but soon lost the battle to the neatly manicured fingernails of the goddess, who had no issues in tearing the reinforced steel and ripping the back of the transport’s open.

She then did not waste any time in shaking the eight occupants of the vehicle into her waiting palm like a girl shaking some tic tacs out of their pack.

Megan smirked, happy with her catch, as her fingers pushed the remainders of the APC into an unrecognizable mangle the size of a quarter-dollar. Tossing it over her shoulder, the giantess fixed an angry stare on the eight diminutive soldiers and snapped:

“I can be a reasonable woman, you know?” she said, ignoring the fact that she had already caused a massacre out of pure whim. “But when you insist on acting stupidly, you leave me no choice but to teach you your place.”

Without further word, Megan reached into her palm with fingers the length of a city-bus and pinched four of the little green army men between her fingertips. The pitch of their screams soon diverged from that of their comrades in her palm as she lifted them to her mouth. The world seemed to paralyze as a loud slurping sound overshadowed every scream from her palm and preceded the merciless sucking for the four tiny bastards into her mouth.

There was a brief moment of silence, the blood of the soldiers still in her palm freezing as they feared for the fate of their comrades. A bulging in her throat was all they needed to know that the giantess had gone all the way and swallowed. They thought their terror could not get any worse, but they were wrong, when the woman curled her lips in an evil smirk as she patted her flat tummy with her free hand.

“They still squirm,” she then informed cruelly, enjoying the disgust in the survivors’ expressions.

One of them took his side arm and emptied the magazine on Megan. She did not even feel the bullets, even if she could hear the cracking sound of the weapon as it was fired multiple times. Twisting her lip, the giantess extended a finger and brought it to her palm. A second later, in an exercise of precision, her fingertip smothered the offending soldier.

“So, what will it be?” she asked the shocked survivors. “Do you want to get smushed? Or do you prefer to slowly dissolve in my stomach?”

The soldiers were clearly appalled, which was exactly what she had been looking for.

“Or maybe you’d rather talk to me?” she then added.

Megan chuckled when one of the soldiers finally raised his squeaky voice and asked:

“What do you want?”

“So, what do we have here?” she asked. “Finally some smarts?”

The surviving soldiers looked at the one who had spoken. Megan understood that he was their leader. Smiling warmly, she addressed him.

“I want to know why your colleagues have not attacked me yet,” she said softly.

Despite his tininess, Megan could perfectly see the man swallowing hard. She had known there was something strange about the army’s behavior!

She did not give him the time to reply before she pinched him with care between two fingers, lifting him from the palm he had shared with his two comrades and bringing him closer to her eyes, where she insisted in a soft voice:

“What would you rather be? A hero? Or a survivor?”

The man’s squeaky voice returned soon enough:

“The General sent us to observe your movements.”

This was obvious. Still, the man was trying to communicate, so she decided to be soft and simply nudge:

“So, why you and not some real tanks?”

“The General is afraid of the collateral damage,” the tiny man finally said.

Megan’s laughter could be heard for blocks around her, forcing the diminutive soldier she was holding to cover his ears. Of course, it made sense. And still, it was so stupid!

“Am I not doing a good enough job of bringing the city down?” she asked sarcastically to the very shocked man.

She then dropped him into her palm without warning, right next to the other two spooked soldiers. Smiling devilishly at them, she said:

“Look guys, I have nothing against crushing a few thousand toy soldiers, but you are the ones that are crashing my party, so if you are expecting me to show up at your doorstep to kick things off you are simply being ridiculous. I am a mega giantess. You are supposed to fight me in the city, and I’ll be damned if I’m the one breaking the tradition.”

The soldiers were looking at her with eyes wide open. Megan did not give them the chance to reply before she crouched and brought them a few hundred feet down in barely more than a second, making their stomachs turn upside down. The goddess’ hand then tilted, emptying the bug-sized men into the road. She remained crouching as she addressed them.

“I told you I would let you go,” she said, addressing their surprise. “You have a mission, though. Find some way to call your general and let him know that starting now, I will fuck this city so systematically that he won’t find any stone upon another unless he hurries up.”

The ant-sized men looked up at Megan’s towering figure, overwhelmed by the situation and still unrecovered from the dizziness.

“What the fuck are you waiting for?” the woman’s godly voice thundered from above. “

They did not need any new incentive to turn and start running down the street, still undecided about how they were going to keep their end of the deal.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Megan turned and faced Fairchild Avenue in the direction of Downtown, still amused at what she had just learnt. Once she thought about it, the General’s position was not so illogical. And still… being concerned about collateral damage? Really?

She was as good as it got when it came to being a mega giantess. The fact that some tiny military officer could think that leaving her to her antics was preferable to fighting her in the city was offensive.

The first victim of her wounded goddess ego was a forty-story office building to her left. A well-placed kick was more than enough to bring it down, along with a portion of its neighbor.

Dust and smoke from the vandalized structure was still rising into the air when Megan rested the sole of her left foot on the roof of a shorter building one block ahead. She then only needed to push with a fraction of her astronomical weight in order to turn its thirty stories into yet another pile of rubble.

“How’s this for collateral?” Megan said out loud. If anyone had understood what she meant, they gave no signs of it.

The buildings to her right were now getting taller. A backhand was more than enough to bring the top half of one to the ground. Megan chuckled at the sudden eruption of screams from the now exposed fiftieth floor. It was obvious that no one knew yet what had hit them. She waited for a few seconds for the smoke to clear and the denizens of the office space to notice her. She then offered them a wicked smile and a shrug before slamming her fist with enough force to bring the rest of the building down.

She planned her next kick so that it would describe a wide arch taken three buildings at once. Having got them in their lower thirds, none of the structures was able to survive the torture, adding to Megan’s quickly escalating list of victims and pouring several additional tons of dust to the cloud she was already forming as she kept progressing down Fairchild.

Three blocks and fifteen downed high-rises later the pattern in her destructive behavior was already clear enough to send a message. Hundreds of people poured from the buildings into the street seemingly at once, filling a road that had been reasonably empty with a thick mob.

Megan licked her lips in anticipation.

“Welcome to the party,” she said in a sultry and yet very threatening tone.

Leaving the buildings alone for a short while, the goddess strutted after the crowd with determination, choosing the most packed spot for her right foot to land. She did not even put an effort into her step as she snuffed a few hundred lives with ease, letting everyone else know that they had got out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Not in the mood to give anyone a break, Megan used the leverage of this first step to crouch and reach out for the crowd with both hands. Her fingers, curled like excavators, lead the charge, scooping dozens of bug-sized people as they mercilessly trampled plenty more.

The giantess was not satisfied until she had two handfuls, with people practically overflowing the vast space of her palms. She stood up back to rooftop height, losing a few dozens in the process. She did not mind them too much. After all, it was not as if her remaining passengers were going to last that much longer. She still had hundreds by the time she opened her hands under her face and examined her catch.

“So, tell me, are you afraid that the army is going to show up and fuck everything up?” she asked sarcastically.

Megan did not wait for an answer before she started closing her fingers, turning both hands into fists. The crowd in both palms started recovering from the dizziness of the abrupt rise and realized about the unyielding walls of flesh closing in around them. Panicked screams erupted right away, widening Megan’s evil smile. They also had the effect of turning her on even more, making her wonder for an instant if she had become a sadist.

She disregarded the thought right away and kept going, feeling the first tiny bodies pop as the mass of humanity she had trapped started running out of space. Sadism was not a concern when one was a goddess. In her mind, Megan owned each and every life she was holding. They were hers to spare and hence, she was only exercising her rights, getting a bit of amusement and making a point at the same time. It was this exercise of power, this frequent reminder of what she had become, that made her horny. And she saw no reason to deny herself of that pleasure.

More bodies burst into a gory mass as Megan continued closing her fists, the unfathomable force of her fingers snuffing lives by the dozen. She went on unforgiving. Not in a hurry, she kept it viciously slow, enjoying the certainty of the horror she was causing.

By the time her knuckles turned white and gore started oozing through the cracks between her fingers, Megan knew that the job was done and opened her palms, observing the grim mess she had made out of the crowd with giddy fascination.

A whitish building to her right was turned into a gruesome element of her terror movie set when she rubbed her hands clean on it. Of course, it was far from enough to get rid of all the gore, but by now Megan had already learned that being a giantess in the city was a messy business.

Closing her hand into a fist, she broke into yet another building like a wrecking ball and then grabbed a handful of rubble to clean her hands some more. It was still not perfect, but it was getting acceptable.

Happy enough with her current state of cleanness, Megan looked back to the crowd and smirked when she saw that they had barely managed to put one step of distance between them and her deadly feet.

One thing was certain: they were as good as dead. What Megan had not yet decided was the method of their passing from this world. The easy thing would have been to just resume her walk and let her soles do the work, but Megan’s pride still hurt from the military’s lack of action, and she wanted to show the world that she was much more than a roaming giant.

Crouching elegantly, Megan then rested her colossal weight on her hands and knees and felt the asphalt crack and sink under them. The crowd was already terrified enough, but having her closer sent the panic a notch higher.

“Ready or not, here I come,” Megan said in a sentence she had always wanted to utter ever since she started reading mega giantess fiction.

Her palms led the charge, landing too close to the laggards on the mob, digging yet another handprint as she moved her prodigious body closer to her prey. Her knees followed suit, pressing even deeper craters into the asphalt.

Some in the crowd looked over her shoulders to see the deadly goddess that was about to seal their fate. Megan smiled wickedly at them as she raised her right hand and closed it into a fist. A hundred people died in an instant as she slammed her closed hand into the ground without mercy. She did not stop to admire her handiwork, smacking her fist into the packed crowd one, two, three times more.

She could not prevent a loud laughter when some flashes revealed a group of four cops shooting at her from a corner to her right. She had barely noticed the cracking sound of their puny hand weapons over the horrified screams of the mob and she would have never been able to identify the inconsequential tapping in her cheeks as anything remarkable.

Without further word, the goddess reached out in the direction of the offenders, receiving a few harmless impacts in her palm before closing her fingers around the group and plucking them, together with two dozen more unlucky bastards.

Megan opened her palm under her smiling face and observed the thirty or so puny humans lying on it. That by now anyone could think of attacking her with something as worthless as a gun beat her.

“Guys, really?” she asked with an arched eyebrow.

She barely got some screams in response.

“Try and think about how stupid what you did was as I digest you, will you?” she added.

As she finished uttering her threat, Megan craned her neck and started dropping the contents of her palm into her ready mouth, leading them into her throat with a tongue that took the form of an unbeatable monster to the squirming people.

“Mmmm,” she let out on purpose as she swallowed, making the survivors more terrified, if that was even possible. There was something about eating them that had a much more shocking effect on the crowds, maybe only beaten by the act of using them to satisfy her sexual urges. Megan thought she understood where it came from, at least vaguely. Stepping on them or bringing their buildings down made her a wondrous dreadful monster, but using them as mere tools for her needs put her on a completely different level, that of an all-powerful and whimsical goddess.

Building up on this, Megan moved forward on all-fours, letting her palms crush four different groups of people before her entire titanic form was over the crowd. And then, she simply started dragging her hands forward and her legs backward, lowering her torso onto the trapped mob.

For those under her it felt like the sky falling down on       them. Megan’s prodigious body blocked the light from the Sun and cast them in total darkness as she kept lowering herself purposefully slow.

Megan could have not been more infatuated with her new height. And yet, this was not the only aspect of her transformation she loved. She was so fascinated by her incredibly enhanced tits that she could not prevent thinking that she was being unfair in the attention she was paying to them. Thankfully, she could correct that easily enough.

The crowd right under her right breast unavoidably reacted to its looming presence. It was not as if they could do anything about it, though. Her tit was simply everywhere. Its first victim died, trapped under her nipple as Megan continued her unrelenting descent. The man’s body burst under its hardness, pushing Megan to keep going. The road started to crack as the goddess pushed more of her weight into her breast, its fullness expanding as it hit the surface, trapping dozens more under its deadly softness.

“Mmmmm!” Megan moaned as she felt countless lives squishing under one of the most sensitive parts of her body.

Exhilarated at the results of her little experiment, the giantess repositioned her body so that her left breast could join the party.

In no time, the titaness’ colossal body was sprawled in the wide avenue, arms and legs stretched as far as they got, breasts buried in deep craters under her torso. Even if she had enjoyed the few dozens under her tits the most, thousands of people had given their lives so that Megan could lie down.

She was now observing the survivors through billboard-sized eyes that could hardly get any closer to the action at street level.

The screams sounded louder than ever to her ears, but she had come to know the mob enough to read its mood. There was no fight in them. Not anymore. She had hundreds of people right under her nose, but each and every one of them had already given up. They had realized the futility of fighting their fate. It worked well enough for Megan.

Feeling anything but merciful, the giantess opened her mouth and stuck her tongue out. Those right in front of her saw what was coming. No one could do anything to escape from it as she licked the road under her face, trapping dozens into her sticky tongue.

Megan chewed this time, making sure everyone noticed as she nibbled on her endless source of commodities.

Even at this point it fascinated Megan that despite the massive difference in scale, she could still make out so much detail out of the tiny world. And of everything she could see that she should not have the right to, her favorite were still people’s expressions.

What made her focus on the young woman to the left of her face she did not know, but once she zeroed in her, she could not get her attention away. The girl was in trance, not even able to speak. But her face said so much!

“I get it,” Megan said softly.

The defeated crowd looked at her, puzzled. She thought she could see an eyebrow arching in the frozen girl’s face.

“Yeah, I’m talking to you, pink T-shirt girl,” she said.

The woman seemed to realize that she was the object of her attention, even if she still did not manage to react. Those around her looked like they were understanding too, since they moved away, creating an odd bubble in the otherwise still packed crowd.

“I know you probably think I’m out of touch, and hey, you may be partially right. But I think I get what’s going through that tiny brain of yours. Because, you know, I was as tiny as you until just this morning,” Megan went on.

The girl still did not move.

“You think it’s not fair. After all, what did you do to deserve this? I bet you were a nice enough woman, worked hard, and were kind to others. And still, here you are, being run over by the world. You know? It happened to me too. The good news is that there is a way out of it. The bad news is that unless you manage to become a giant in the next five seconds, you are never going to find out about it.”

To the crowd’s dismay, Megan’s lips pushed out in a sexy ‘O’ as she inhaled deeply through her nostrils. The hurricane came an instant later, making everyone on the airstream instantaneously airborne. Tiny bodies were thrown around like dust pecks, landing wherever. Screams died, replaced by a loud gusting sound.

Megan chuckled, satisfied. Having lost sight of the pink T-shirt girl, she then decided that she had had enough of that particular stretch of road. After all, there was not that much more she could do with the battered survivors.

It was not that her destructive playfulness was over, of course. She simply needed newer challenges. She found one when her wicked mind came up with a naughty idea.

“Brace for impact!” she said out loud to no one in particular.

No one understood what she was referring to until Megan started to roll over herself. Fairchild Avenue, with its width, had done a remarkable job of fitting the giantess’ skyscraper-sized body. It was not as if there had been too much room to spare, so the moment Megan completed her first roll, her gargantuan body ended up breaking into the buildings in the three blocks she had been sprawling on.

An awful lot of stuff broke as Megan kept going, rolling over herself once more and bringing her figure into the adjacent road as a dozen buildings collapsed on themselves.

Hundreds of people joined the victim’s list as she steamrolled over them, crashing into yet another row of high-rises.

She was having the time of her life. The sheer amount of destruction she was causing was so mind-blowing! Chuckles and giggles heralded her arrival as she went through yet another street, raising the death toll exponentially.

By the time she came to a stop, Megan had obliterated six dozen city blocks, making the previous impact of her presence in the city a joke. The giantess was panting as she sat down, smirking as she observed the wide scar she had carved on the heart of Downtown.

And then she saw where she had randomly landed and let out a loud laughter.

“This is definitely my lucky day!” she said cheerfully as she looked at the familiar shape of the under-construction North Pier Mall.

“I remembered you bigger,” Megan added in a sarcastic tone as she reached out and patted the top of the building. It was a gentle gesture, but it was enough to cause some cracks and scare the crap out of the hundreds of workers that were now running deeper into the massive structure.

The mall was still humongous, the fact that both its length and width beat Megan’s own stature witnessing its magnificence. Heigh was another matter, of course, the building struggling to stand taller than her forearm’s length.

Megan chuckled. Up until the day before, North Pier Mall had been the project of her life, the opportunity she had been seeking to progress in her career. This had been when her life goals had merely been to get a better job, make more money and find a guy that deserved her. Long before her destiny had become to use the world as her private dollhouse.

She had not liked the monstrous mall project before, but it had served a purpose. She still did not like it. And she did not feel like having her name associated with that aberration anymore.

Her mind was set. It had not even been hard to. There were very few things of her old life she felt any attachment to, and the concrete structure standing in front of her was certainly not one of them. This did not mean that she was going to treat the mall like any of the high-rises she had just bulldozed. She might be a goddess, but there was still place in her heart for memories of her former and much less remarkable existence.

Megan smiled, wondering if any of the mites in construction gear burrowing under the deceiving safety of the half-build behemoth recognized her. It was good that she knew how to get an answer.

The giantess repositioned her massive body and rested her weight on her hands and knees once more. She then lowered her massive head to peak into the open structure, smiling when she saw the reaction of the bug-sized workers inside.

She did not give them the time to react as she reached into the building, her hand casually bringing half-built pillars down as her fingers closed in a particularly packed group. Megan thought that she had felt someone squish, but there were still enough squirming bodies in her fingers to consider the raid a reasonable success, so she removed her hand and let the seven bodies roll into her hand. It was not hard to see which was the one that had popped.

Genuinely curious, she ignored the screams as she observed the tiny men in their flashy vests.

“Yeah, I might have crossed a couple of you in the parking lot,” she said. “Still have no clue about your names, though.”

She smiled as she let them scream a bit more. Then she asked:

“Do you guys recognize me?”

She chuckled when she realized they did not. The notion surprised her for a moment, but then she understood. She was, undoubtedly, the easiest to see person in the Stanton, a city of eight million. But this did not make her easier to recognize. Of course, she was sure that anyone seeing her comfortably on their living room’s TV as she roamed calmly along the city would eventually realize who she was, even in her much better endowed form. But from so up close? Well, Megan even doubted the tiny bastards in her palm would be able to see her entire building-sized faced in one go!

They covered their ears as the giantess’ girlish laughter boomed seemingly from everywhere.

“I’m your boss, you puny mites!” she said cheerfully.

She enjoyed their puzzled reaction enormously.

“I have to tell you… I have kind of adjusted my management style,” she added, almost breaking into a new laughter.

Megan then shifted her attention from the seven specimens in her palm and focused on the dozens cowering inside the mall’s mammoth structure.

“Yeah, that’s right, this is Megan Monroe here! In the flesh! A whole lot of it, too!” she said, feeling increasingly exhilarated at being among so many people she had worked with, even if the majority of them had gone unnoticed to her.

Her billboard-sized hazel eyes took a glance at the shaking bugs in her palm once more as she tried to imagine the scene inside the construction site.

“What will you do with us?” a feeble mousy voice caught her attention from her palm.

Megan let out a wholehearted laugh.

“well, curious you should ask that. You see, I don’t need you anymore, do I?”

Without further warning, Megan tossed the eight teeny bodies over her shoulder, sending them flying over a few blocks before they dropped back to the ground.

Those inside the half-built mall had no clue about what had just happened, but even if they had, it would have been hard for them to get more scared. Megan tried when she looked back at the steel and concrete behemoth with renewed interest and cheerfully asked:

“So, have you guys ever played Jenga? Wanna know how it feels from the inside?”

She had spent countless hours playing the game at home with her parents and her sisters, in what felt like another life. In hindsight, Megan had always thought that having been so good at it had encouraged her to go for Civil Engineering.

Feeling childishly playful, Megan got to her hands and knees and repositioned herself next to the South-East parking tower, where she had seen a considerable number of glossy construction workers headed.

Thick locks of long brown hair set on the ground, heralding her arrival. An instant later, a pair of truck-sized hazel eyes peeked through the opening of the half-finished structure, their pupils widening as they adjusted to the light and observed the dozens of bugs in reflective vests.

“You know?” the giantess’ powerful voice started. “This tower is six stories tall and is designed to fit fifteen hundred cars. And still, all its weight rests in only six master pillars.”

Without further word, Megan’s massive hand charged into the tower and reached towards the easternmost point in the structure. The space was constrained enough that at some point her own hand prevented from seeing well. To make up for that, Megan slowed its advance a bit and felt with her fingers, ignoring the fact that the screaming puny mites were putting as much distance between them and her digits as possible.

When she finally reached what she easily identified as one of the key columns on the tower, Megan smiled and closed her fingers around it, feeling the concrete crack a bit just from this first gentle interaction.

“So, what would happen if one of them goes?” the goddess asked, her voice reverberating inside the parking, making everyone’s bones rattle.

Her fingers then started pulling, the resistance of the steel and concrete no match for the astronomical force she possessed in every single muscle of her divine body.

At some point, the object of her interest cracked like a twig. It had not even taken Megan any considerable effort. The parking lot shuddered, some cracks forming on its façade. But the structure held as Megan removed her hand from it.

“Were you expecting it to go down?” she asked in a sarcastic tone. “Just which kind of engineer do you think I am? I design resilient stuff. As a matter of fact, I bet I can remove the opposite pillar and keep this tower in one piece,” she then said.

Her left hand immediately got to work, entering the parking through the opposite side, looking for the westernmost point in the structure. She used less theatrics and care this time and cut straight to the chase.

For an instant it felt as if the entire tower would topple once she easily defeated the resistance of the second pillar. It would have been a letdown. Megan was convinced that she had balanced the weights of the design so perfectly that this extra column would not be needed.

There were shakes and cracks. Once they died, the screams of those trapped deeper into the building took their place. But by the time everything came to rest, the parking still held.

“Kudos for me for being an awesome engineer!” she said cheerfully.

No one shared her enthusiasm. Even less when she said:

“Now, even with my awesomeness, there’s no way this is going to keep standing if I take another one out!”

She did not waste time reaching for the closest pillar to her position. This time she did not even pull the column to make it crack. Eager to see the reaction, Megan closed her hand into a fist and punched the entire section of the tower where the support was.

Giggling, the giantess then sat on her knees and enjoyed the chain reaction. Judging from the noise and the dust cloud emerging from the building, there was a whole lot of stuff breaking. Eventually, the structure started tilting. Megan knew that it was over, then.

It still was a worthwhile show, especially for someone with an interest in structural integrity like her. Floors started collapsing as the tower briefly supported itself in the main mall building. It barely lasted a couple of seconds before it started to slide to one side, completing the demolition work in record time.

Megan blew gently to keep the dust cloud away from her. She had a permanent smile on her face, that of a little girl having found a new game.

She observed the mayhem she had created, bemused, when a few bright orange mites started pouring from the main building, through an entrance to her left.

She easily solved that with a lazy punch that shattered the earth just an instant after obliterating a dozen bodies.

“Leaving early? I can’t have that, can I?” she mocked.

Without further notice, the goddess raised another fist high over her head. When it landed, a full section of the mall just in front of her collapsed.

“Easier than Jenga!” she said, chuckling.

Megan crawled on all fours, using now her left hand to punch another section of the concrete behemoth out of existence. The building might have been larger than her, but raw strength was an entirely different matter!

More bright vests emerged from the ruins, climbing the large chunks of concrete she had turned the mall into. The goddess smiled evilly at them and simply set her palm on top of the general area where they were, squishing them and compressing the rubble into fine powder under her incommensurable weight.

“What did I say about playing truant?” she teased.

A lazy sweep of her arm took care of another section of the mall as she kept progressing, her prodigious figure now in the center of the once formidable structure.

“Two years to get it built and look at just how damn easy it is to bring it down!” she boasted to no one in particular. “Is there anything that can stop me?” she then wondered aloud.

The answer came in the form of tough impact in the small of the back, just above her world-class ass. Up to some point, it felt like being punched, and not by someone weak. The sequence of events was so fast that Megan barely had time to reflect on the fact that this was probably the first time she felt something like pain since having acquired her current formidable height. There was nothing she could do to keep her balance, which meant that her body unavoidably ended up bringing down a considerably larger section of the mall, with her disproportionate breasts leading the charge.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

The black and white screen showed a crosshairs in the center, and the fast approaching surface of Stanton as a background.

General McCullogh held his breath as the altitude indicator dropped at an accelerated rate and the unbelievable form of the giant woman that was terrorizing the city started to become visible between the buildings. No matter how much he saw of her, it was still hard to believe that she was real.

And still, he had accepted it when her actions had left him with no other option than to engage her in the city. He knew the collateral would be bad, but the giantess’ antics after she had returned from the harbor had become so destructive that unless he got rid of her quickly, there would soon be no city left to save.

His troops had already been rushing into Stanton when the chance had presented itself way too tempting. After bringing down a wide section of the downtown in what looked like nothing more than a dreadful childish game, Megan Monroe had stopped next to a large construction site. He hesitated at first, but when his units in the ground confirmed that the ghastly woman seemed intent on staying there for a while, he ordered the C-130 that had been flying over her during the last two hours to drop it.

The GBU-43B, better known as MOAB, or mother of all bombs, was the most powerful conventional weapon in the United States arsenal. Enhanced after Russia successfully beat the original GBU-43, its B version featured a warhead that exceeded twenty-thousand pounds of a new experimental type of explosive.

Its use in Stanton was highly questionable, since even in its penetrator mode, the bomb’s blast area could easily be wider than a mile. McCullogh had decided to have it ready anyway. One never knew when a really big bomb could be needed against a giant woman. And when his nemesis had decided to linger for too long in a quite uninhabited area where she had already taken care to raze its surroundings, he had seen his chance. There was not much more than Megan Monroe in the area to suffer the effects of the MOAB, and the General was eager to have her go through them.

The giant woman’s bare backside filled the General’s view a second before the screen shined in a bright white light and then lost signal. It took three seconds for the operator to switch the source to that of an observation plane and its ultra-powerful cameras. They managed to pierce the thin cloud layer, but there was nothing they could do to show the scene behind the thick black smoke the explosion had unleashed.

“Ground?” he asked.

The operator shrugged and switched views, but the impenetrable fob was even darker from up close.

McCullogh had seen hundreds of explosions from guided bomb cameras. And still, the lack of impact surprised him every time. It was the lack of sound, of course. And of physical feedback. One moment the image was on the screen, and the next it was gone, and even if he knew that there might be three dozen blocks taken by flames, the coldness of the images failed to convey that emotion.

Out of every time he had been in this situation, this was the one where he was struggling to exercise patience the most. Rationally, he knew that the woman should be gone. No matter how titanic someone could get, he could not see a scenario where a human being survived a direct hit by a bomb that was designed to take out ten square miles in one blast.

And yet, something in the back of his head refused to claim victory. Miss Monroe had been too impossible for way too long to write her off so easily.

“It’s clearing!” someone said.

McCullogh returned his attention to the screen. His blood froze  when the dark silhouette of a noticeably voluptuous woman started to outline against the foggy background. The problem, of course, was the fact that she was standing, legs spread wide and arms akimbo.

“So, the gloves are off, then?” a powerful voice came from the dark cloud.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Megan was momentarily out of air after the impact. God, that had been hard! She tried to assess the damage as her body sprawled over the ruins of North Pier Mall.

Her left hand moved to her back as she coughed, having inhaled tons of dust and smoke through her nostrils. Her lumbar region ached, but way less than she would have imagined.

Raising her head from the rubble, she saw plenty of fires around her, some even having caught on stone. This witnessed to the power of whatever the hell it was they had hit her with. And still, the pain was quickly fading away.

It had certainly been more bearable than the shots from the cops, back at Hathford. That had probably been the last time she had felt pain.

“Well, you did not grow this time, did you?” her mind quickly reminded her.

And still, Megan understood that they must have hit her with the most powerful stuff they had managed to get their hands on. Up to some point, it was encouraging.

But then, of course, she was also incredibly pissed off.

Grunting, the goddess pushed herself up, crushing tons of rubble under her hands, knees and bare feet in the process, and got back to her full height, head barely sticking over the thick dark cloud.

She could not see her attackers. But she knew they were there. Widening her stance and placing her hands on her hips in a commanding pose, she bellowed:

“So, the gloves are off, then?”

 

The battle of Stanton was about to start.

Chapter End Notes:

*******

 

The entire story of Megan is 136,000 words long, split in 18 chapters. If you want to read the entire story in one go, I made it available in Gumroad, starting at $9.99: https://gum.co/GldJmA

I will keep posting chapters regularly (hopefully every week) for free, but I wanted to give the chance to those that are impatient for more or to anyone who wants to support me in my writing to do something different.