- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Everybody prepares for the morning as they are ready to head to City Hall.

illustration for chapter found here - https://www.deviantart.com/braden19/art/First-Time-Hold-873397419?ga_submit_new=10%3A1615899939

Chapter 16 – A Stroll Downtown 




Firmly pressed, the lightly starched collar hugged cool on his neck. As he wrapped his tie around and slowly brought the Windsor knot to his throat, he couldn’t remember the last time he had a normal work day. 




Ben over the weekend realized he had not shown up to work, to his home and given the recent report of vandalism, he knew there must have been concerns.  Having spoke to the police chief, he was able to end any need for an investigation as he was the person they considered missing.  His wife’s whereabouts were confirmed by her employer and with everyone abuzz about the rapidly progressing development of land on the outskirts of town along with sightings of a giant woman downtown, there wasn’t much that passed for an investigation into his disappearance. 




Everything aside, he had a job to do. He stood in front of the oversized mirror, checking over his suit, and remembering his pledge to protect his hometown. Standing there, with so much head room, and a mirror over twice his size, it was hard to not consider that task impossible.  As he stared up higher on the mirror, a wave of blonde hair preceded the face of his gorgeous wife. 




“How are you doing today honey?” Claire popped in. 




“Nervous. I haven’t been in town in weeks, and while it doesn’t seem anybody was that concerned, leading a business team of towering women isn't exactly how I wanted to make my entrance.” Ben stated, adjusting his tie for what felt like the hundredth time. 




Claire could see he was frustrated. Ben had taken the whole business with Sterling International so personal when it happened. He thought he had brought prosperity, but it came at the cost of the town’s soul. She walked in and stopped behind him. She knelt down to the ground, and wrapped her arms around him. She hugged him slightly as she reached for his tie. 




“This, is not having the intended effect” she admitted.  Claire was trying to ease his nerves by helping but with her fingers so much larger, she worked clumsily and even began to become irritated at the difficulty. 




Laughing, Ben grabbed her finger. “There are other ways you can help me relax.” 




“Oh?” Claire stopped fighting with the tie. 




Ben fell backwards, letting his head rest in between her chest. “Ah, I am feeling way more relaxed already.” 




Stumbling on her heels, laughing, Claire fell backwards, bringing Ben with her. Claire looked down at him, his hair was messed up in the back and his tie was on the floor, but he was smiling.  She reached down with her finger and lifted up his chin. 




“You will be great today dear. I have no doubts, and I will be right there by your side.” Claire said comforting. 




The break in the tension seemed to bring Ben back to focus. He stood up, mock dusted off his clothes and looked up at his still prone wife. 




“Screw the tie. It’s not like anybody is going to be looking at me anyway.” Ben declared, walking around his wife’s leg and planting a huge kiss on her. No matter what was going on, they could accomplish anything together. 




---------- 




“Does this outfit look alright?” Cassandra asked bluntly. 




Malinda and Amalia were in the living area of Amalia’s home when the tall red head came around the corner. She had put on a blouse and skirt, both slightly undersized, but the pumps she was wearing shot her almost to the ceiling. She didn’t wear much of a heel often so her balance was a tad shaky. 




“No, you look great!” Malinda said, while turning and mouthed to Amalia as if to say “This will be interesting.” 




“That’s enough wardrobe time, let’s go get our girl and her pet politician.” Amalia declared, heading to the door.  Cassandra left first, ducking and then stumbling out the door. 




“This town isn’t going to know what hit them!” Malinda said chuckling. 




The three women walked over to Claire’s house. The door was opening just as they were on the approach. 




Ben walked out, fixing his cuff. When he finally got the button in place, he looked up at the 3 towering women. Amalia, the one with which he was the least familiar, walked up to him and spoke, directly down to him. 




“Our team has been setting up around City Hall.  The park area was large enough for us to set up an office for Malinda and to provide a useable space for meetings.” She said all while flipping through her cell phone. 




“Oh... that’s great. We are headed there then?” Ben asked. 




Amalia walked away engrossed in her phone. Malinda followed her, passing behind Cassandra. She took the opportunity to give Ben a look with a quick blow of a kiss.  Ben shuddered. 




“Hey little... Hey Ben.” Cassandra cut herself off. Kneeling down, she continued “Look, sorry about yesterday. I hope that as you get to know me, you’ll realize I am not some dumb kid. I just get excited and honestly you are so handsome and small I just couldn’t help it. Still, that is no excuse. Friends?” She reached out for a handshake. 




Ben stared for a moment at the gargantuan hand. It was offered in peace, and with all the unknowns currently circling the other two women, he had no reason to question her motives. Reaching out to grab above her thumb, he squeezed her hand. “Friends.” 




She shook his hand excitedly, instantly realizing she had pulled him off the ground for a moment. “Sorry!” she squealed. 




Claire exited the house seeing the latest interaction. Stepping quickly in to defend Ben. “Cassandra, I thought we talked about this? He’s a person not a toy!” 




Ben tried to get Claire’s attention about the mistake, but she was locked in like a lioness protecting her cub. Cassandra rose to her full height, now with the added heel.  She looked and lurched down toward Claire. “It was a mistake Ms. Claire. I had just said I was sorry to him.” 




“Really honey, its ok. She means well. We’re friends now!” Ben said, trying to ease his wife back. 




Claire looked down at Ben with a halfhearted acceptance to the situation. She knelt down and offered her arm. 




“It’s not that bad honey, I don’t need to be comforted every time something happens between me and an Alpha that is disorienting.” Ben said, misunderstanding her intent. 




“Oh... no. I was going to offer to carry you into town. The cars they have won't fit all of us. Malinda and Amalia are already up ahead.” Claire explained. 




"Oh... that makes sense. I guess I should try and say something macho her about how I’ll walk myself?” Ben choked back his pride.  




Claire and Cassandra both laughed.  




“Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.” Claire stated, reaching out her hand. 




“Me too Ms. Claire.” accepting her handshake. 




“Good, everybody is friends. Claire, I will take you up on the lift” Ben said, accepting the physical task of keeping up with the ladies would likely wear him out. 




“May I?” Cassandra asked. “I know he is your husband and I came off immature yesterday, but it would be my pleasure.” 




Claire didn’t respond. She wasn’t going to keep answering for Ben. She had to let him make his own relationships if this was ever going to succeed. 




Knowing he had a role in bridging this gap himself, Ben replied “Sure. What better way to seal our new friendship?” He put his hands up waiting to be lifted. 




Cassandra firmly grasped Ben under his arms and compressed his ribs a touch. Not wanting to show the shock, he winced as slightly as possible. When she stood up, Cassandra was holding Ben as one would hold a birthday cake in which you didn’t want the lit candles to go out. 




Ben thought about the fact he had now been carried by three women, and how different it was. Malinda, aggressive and uncaring was rough. Claire’s touch was both caring and often arousing. She had the softest hands and he could comfortably ride against her ‘assets.’ Cassandra though was the in-between. She wasn’t too familiar and she clearly was being careful to the best of her abilities. 




“Hold my arm! This train is leaving the station.” Cassandra said excitedly. It was her first consensual holding of a Beta. While she as beaming with excitement as she often did, this truly was both an empowering and endearing moment for her.  She truly admired how delicate Beta’s were. How Ben was. 




Ben having recovered from his compression, grabbed on and pointed ahead “Choo choo!” he said laughing. Cassandra started her way to the road. 




Claire stood there a moment, appreciating the exchange she just witnessed. An Alpha woman who could easily be 17 feet tall and her husband having fun together. It gave her the glimmer of hope she needed that this actually could be successful. She locked up the house and quickly caught up to Cassandra. They walked to the outskirts of town at the highway. 




---------- 




Standing at the crosswalk, Malinda and Amalia were in conversation as the rest of the group caught up. 




“Looks like I am needed elsewhere. Malinda will head off with you two. I will speak with you later this evening.” Amalia stated, walking back the direction they game. 




“Three!” Ben said. Cassandra lightly squeezed him to let him know she didn’t forget. 




“Alright then. Let’s get moving.” Malinda led the way across the crosswalk into the ‘normal’ side of town. 




Claire didn’t take in everything the first time she went back into town. Buildings that used to stand up around her as part of the neighborhood were now toddler sized. She could see over the rows of single-story buildings, with features that now appeared minute. Lost in thought, she realized they were approaching their home. A lump jumped into her throat thinking about their altercation. 




Before she could say anything though, the home appeared from around the bend, unscathed. The roof was new, the color almost matched, and the yard had been repaired. 




“Wha...” Claire trailed off. 




“Don’t you all live somewhere around here Ben? I remember the street name from your profile.” Malinda asked. 




“...Right up on your left.” Ben confirmed. His flashbacks to her late-night visit after a complete violation at city hall earlier that day.  Ben couldn’t even look at the house as they passed by. 




Ben and Claire both hid their resentment as Malinda was clearly mocking them each individually. 




“Nice house guys! I’d say invite me over sometime, but the last thing you would want would be me trying to wiggle on in there.” Cassandra said leaning into Ben smiling as she mock wiggled her hips. 




Ben and Claire paused a moment before acknowledging with a half-hearted laugh. Their home was now a remnant of a life they do not lead anymore. 




The four continued into town with idle chatter until they came to the first crowded street. Cassandra stopped, a tad nervous. 




“Why don’t you help Ben from here. I am pretty nervous about heading into town.” Cassandra said, handing Ben down to Claire. 




Cassandra stood there unsure of how she could easily proceed. As she pondered, she slightly rolled her ankle and nearly losing balance.  Malinda was already ahead while Claire and Ben looked up uneasy. 




This old town looked like that from the movies she had seen growing up. It was lined with 2 story buildings, each having their own purpose, their own story. This town had signs of history on nearly every façade. The town was a planned grid of living and business use buildings. 




To this 17-foot red head however, it looked like a hard to navigate hallway. Composed, Cassandra finally made her first step up the sidewalk. 




Her pumps followed each other single file. Unable to freely walk on the tighter passage, her used her hips to walk as if a model down a runway. A model who had bad balance and kept reaching for the roofs of nearby buildings for balance. 




Claire, keeping her distance gave a silent look to Ben, worried. Ben mentioned to put him down. 




“Hey there long legs!” Ben called up. Cassandra looking around saw no one, quickly adjusting and looking down she saw Ben approaching. “First time in the big city I see?” he joked. 




“Haha. I am just nervous. I don’t want to hurt anyone or break anything. I’m doing the best I can.” Cassandra replied. 




“Well why don’t I lead you on a tour. Claire and I grew up here and if you’d let me, I can show you some of the finer sights.” Ben said, catching up and circling around ahead of her. 




Stopping in between the rows of buildings, people began looking out their windows to see what all the noise was about. Before they could complain, the site of the councilman talking to two pairs of legs had them stunned.  Before they regained their composure, they continued on their way out of sight. 




“Oh, over there...” Ben started. 




“That is where Ben and I went on our first dinner after moving back home, married.” Claire finished. 




“Aww, you guys are the cutest.” Cassandra said with glee. 




“Their food is top notch. I am sure with some advanced notice we could get enough for everyone!” Ben said with enthusiasm. 




“That would be amazing!” Cassandra replied, stopping at the round road. 




“Here we are!” Ben said, noting they had made it to the center of town. 




Cassandra kneeled down and gave Ben a firm squeeze on the shoulder. “Thank you, Ben. I was so worried about making a mess of things. I’m a bit klutzy if you haven’t noticed.” 




“Try not to focus so much on what could go wrong, and enjoy the moment. This is new for you right? Enjoy it!” Ben said, opening his arms over his head as if to embrace the town around him. 




“Thank you, both of you. I mean it. It has been so nice to finally get to be a person who just gets to sightsee.” Cassandra stated, with a hint of sadness. It faded though, immediately. “So, this is city hall?” 




“This is the whole seat of our town, lets head on over. I’m interested in the accommodations that were put up for Malinda.” Ben said, leading the way across the street. 




As Cassandra came into view, the overall staggering view was not as shocking to residents anymore.  The past two weeks had been busy downtown.  Tents had been set up in most of the surrounding areas.  It looked almost like a base more than a municipal building sitting in a park. As the three got to the other side they were greeted by Malinda. 




“Welcome to the new City Hall.” said Malinda.