- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Phillip and Cassandra head out for some time together. Is it a date? Find out!

Chapter 19 – Phillip and Cassandra 




Phillip and Cassandra had left the camp around City Hall after the seemingly tense situation. While they weren’t exactly aware of what had happened, they also didn’t seem to care. Phillip and Cassandra were both experiencing a first in their lives. 




Cassandra had never once just been accepted for who she is without an expectation or requirement. From her parents sending her off during her angsty teenage years to Amalia and those at Sterling always having a use for her, she never just mutually enjoyed someone else's company. Cassandra had met the very first person in her life that simply wanted to be around her. She hardly could contain her glee. 




Phillip had never seen someone as beautiful as Cassandra. He had dated and been with women he found attractive, but never had he had his jaw drop to the ground. Phillip had been around Alphas for the first few weeks of their ‘occupation’ and received nothing but glances or annoyed stares. The rapidly changing environment and the uneasiness of the future washed away by her simple innocence. For the first time, Phillip was excited about the changes. 




“So where to first Phil?” Cassandra called out. 




“Well, we just ate, so why not check out the local park? It has some path’s we can walk and some clearings near the lake we could sit at.  It’s a wonderful place to spend the afternoon. It’s on the way to my house actually.” Phil answered, pointing her between some buildings to her left. 




“You want to head through town?” Cassandra asked. 




“Well, unless you want to call in an airlift, we will have to at some point. Is something the matter?” Phillip asked. 




Cassandra stopped walking and lifted her arm’s up to get Phillip down. She placed him on the ground and hunched over, speaking in a quieter tone. 




“I haven’t really spent much time around ‘normal’ sized towns. Ben helped me get here by distracting me, but honestly, I was so nervous. I just don’t want to hurt anyone.” she stated, her face less playful than before. 




Phillip was again taken with how concerned she was about her effect on those around her. He had spent weeks with near misses and dodging those who were mostly focused on whatever they needed to get done. She took the opposite approach, seeing what she wanted as secondary to the impact of those around her. 




“I’ll say, it’s funny hearing you say ‘normal’ sized. A few weeks ago, that wasn’t even something I would have considered. With all the changes coming, we all have adjustments to make.” Phillip reassured her. “Personally, I have had my doubts with what has been happening the last few weeks.  Meeting you has given me the hope I was wrong.” 




Cassandra got the same warm and tingly sensation she had the last time Phillip surprised her with confidence and compliments. She loved how he saw her. She made her feel appreciated. She stood back up. 




“Let’s check out the park then. I’ll be careful.” Cassandra stated with confidence. 




“Sounds wonderful ‘little’ lady.” Phillip said. His Midwest roots let the colloquialism slip right out of his mouth. The both appreciated the irony with a laugh as they headed downtown. 




The street they went down was narrow. It was between buildings so the sides had few windows and mostly darkened by the brick walls of some half century old buildings. Phillip was walking up the sidewalk as one would on a back road. Cassandra on the other hand was carefully placing steps between objects as the number of parked cars, street signage and debris made it more of a task to get to the next block. 




“It’s not much longer Cass. There is a clearing up here and we can get out to a more main street.” Phillip said, trying to distract her. 




Cassandra remained focused on her remaining steps as they both made it to the clearing on the other side. 




The street was much larger, two lanes on both sides. It was one of the main roads in town where businesses and homes lined the streets, traffic hustled each way and the signage indicating public places, restaurants and other nearby amenities were located. While the sidewalk was not particularly packed with pedestrians, there were some people out and about. People of both sizes. The restaurant across the street actually had a small queue at their outside window, and while they both had just eaten, Phillip had an idea. 




“That place has the best milkshakes!” Phillip exclaimed. 




“I could eat!” Cassandra said, excitedly. She likely would have been excited at anything he proposed. 




As they crossed the street, an Alpha woman approached the back of the line. Phillip and Cassandra got in behind her. 




Standing between the two women, Phillip again was reminded at the disparity in size. Being around Cassandra was easy as she made efforts to level the playing field conversationally. For the moment though, she was distracted looking at the large LED menu above the window trying to pick out what she wanted. The woman in front however was already growing impatient. 




“How long does it take you all to make food around here?” The alpha woman boomed.  




Those in front of her, already uneasy, muttered to themselves and quickly wandered out of line to a distance they felt was safer. While no incidents of violence between two different sized people had been reported, the tension was certainly on the rise. 




The Alpha woman leaned down and began spouting off to the workers inside the building. What she said wasn’t important, it’s how she was saying it to them as if she was owed something for her size. 




“Excuse me, miss, but those people ahead of you were waiting in line like everyone else. I am sure the restaurant is doing all they can to help each customer.” Phillip cut in. 




The Alpha woman turned around. She was not expecting a retort from a Beta. 




“Excuse you? Little you? Why on earth would you think you can talk to me that way?” The woman shot back. 




He wasn’t sure if he was just emboldened by knowing Cassandra was nearby or if his recent frustrations had been pushed to the edge. 




“Size does not give you license to be rude...” Phil began. 




The woman had now fully turned to him, standing up straight with her hands on her hips. She was clearly getting upset he even thought of speaking up.  




“So, what are you going to do about it?” She said, quickly squatting down and pushing Phillip back into Cassandra’s feet. 




“Strawberry!” Cassandra exclaimed, breaking her trance on the extensive list of flavors. She looked down seeing Phillip sitting on her feet. “What is going on?” 




“It’s ok Cassandra, I have this.” Phillip said, standing up, brushing off his pants. Looking up at the Alpha woman. “What am I supposed to do now? Sit down and let you have your way? You can’t just treat people as less because of their size, lady.” Phillip said with conviction. 




Surprised by his response, the Alpha woman stood back up. “You Beta’s have a lot to learn. The smaller you are, the less respect you get.” 




Hearing enough, Cassandra reached over and flicked the woman on her nose, hard. “Then I guess I don’t have to respect you.” she quipped. 




The woman looked up at Cassandra confused, wincing. Covering her nose, she made a hasty exit around Cassandra, disappearing behind a building. 




The crowd slowly began clapping. The display of both courage and cooperation between both sizes hadn’t been witnessed in such a brilliant fashion before. The restaurant owner put a large cup, and a 5-gallon bucket up on the counter, filled with strawberry milkshake. “On the house!” The manager called out. 




Phillip and Cassandra were a little taken aback by the attention. Motioning to the crowd in acknowledgment, Phillip moved to grab the drinks. The bucket however, much heavier than he expected, and as he went to lift it spilled some on his shirt. He grabbed a large handful of napkins from beside the register in a hurry after righting the bucket back on the counter. 




“Cassandra, can you get the big one? I think that’s yours anyway.” He joked, trying to play off the large cold pink stain on his shirt. 




Stifling a laugh, she reached down, got her drink and thanked the manager. They both hustled around the building and entered onto the park grounds. 




The park was at the edge of town. It had benches and paths lined all around. It was built around a large natural lake. It was one of the main reasons the town had been settled at given the needs for water in the Midwest. Cassandra was taking in the view of the park as Phillip was trying to remove the cold milkshake from his shirt. The effort was mostly in vain. 




“This stuff is a lot colder now that we have the breeze.” Phillip noted, given the park was more open than the town. 




“These are amazing though!” she noted, tipping the bucket up for another sip. Looking in, she saw it was empty. Slightly saddened by the fact, she looked for the nearest trashcan and placed the large bucket inside. Turning around, she saw Phillip still worried about his shirt. 




“Pink is a good color on you.” Cassandra joked. 




Phillip stopped rubbing at his shirt. He was so focused after being embarrassed in front of the crowd and the unexpected attention from his outburst, he had lost sight of what was actually happening. He was out with a beautiful girl. He quickly righted his mood, looking up at her. He framed the spot with his hands. 




“You think so? Is it in season though?” he joked. 




They both laughed. Turning back to the park, Phillip saw a pavilion nearby. “Let me go run some water over my shirt, you go find us a spot to sit by the lake.  There are tons of clearings between the trees where we could sit. Find one you like. I’m sure I can find you if you head over.” he chuckled. 




Cassandra headed off around the bend, while Phillip headed over to the spicket at the pavilion. He took his shirt off and held it close as he turned on the nozzle. Water came out in a dribble. He worked the stain around as the water trickled out. He moved the nozzle a touch more hoping to increase the water. Without warning, the water blasted out, soaking his shirt, his pants and his shoes. He quickly turned the nozzle off but the damage had been done. 




Shirtless, soaked and now feeling cold, he began walking back to Cassandra. He shook his legs out in the hope they would dry while also wringing out his shirt. As he came around the corner, he saw the red head sitting by the lake. She had taken her shoes off and was dipping her toes in the water. She had picked a partially shaded spot under a large tree. The grass was thick and provided a soft area to sit. 




Hearing Phillip behind her, she turned to see the partially drenched companion. She could tell he was frustrated, but couldn’t help letting out a soft laugh. It was endearing seeing him make a fluke situation worse. It was also adorable. 




Phillip sat down next to Cassandra giving his shirt one final twist. He laid it out next to himself hoping the breeze would help it dry. He shivered a bit as that same breeze hit his wet pants. 




“We can find some place warmer.” Cassandra offered. 




“I’ll be ok. Once the water dries it won't be so bad. Plus, we have such a nice quiet spot here. I’d love to enjoy it for a moment.” Phillip was playing tough. The cold was worse than he wanted to let on, but he wanted to enjoy this moment, not disrupt it because of an accident. 




They both sat quietly for a moment, the first real time neither of them had something to say or a distraction to take their attention away from the fact two very different people were capable of just enjoying each other's company. 




The moment was serene. That is until Phillip let out another shiver. This time Cassandra wasn’t going to ask, she was simply going to help. Adjusting her position, she lifted one thigh up and over Phillip. Putting it on the other side of him. He was now seated in-between her thighs. She waited for his reaction. 




Phillip’s heart began beating much faster and any thought of the cold vanished. He was now hyper aware of where he was sitting. As a boy on a first date, every movement he made was now ultra-scrutinized by his mind. “Should I touch? Is that too much? Thank her? Lean in?” His mind was all over the place on what he was supposed to do.  Cassandra offered nothing but the gesture of helping to keep him warm. He didn’t want to ruin anything by ‘taking advantage.’  




Phillip started laughing to himself. 




“I just thought I’d help you from the cold Phil, I hope it wasn’t too much.” She said, caught off guard by his laughing. 




“No. I appreciate it, really. I feel a lot warmer with you close by. I just had a funny thought is all.” Phillip said, standing up. 




As he turned around, he was reminded Cassandra was in a skirt and quickly caught a glimpse of pink. Panicked he looked straight up, as if averting his eyes quickly wouldn’t draw attention. Looking up, her face was looking down, warm and inviting. 




“I like you Phil.” Cassandra said, noting his bashfulness. “You’re brave and kind, I’ve never met someone who cares about others, particularly at their own expense. I bet you would have stood up to that woman had I been there or not.” she continued. 




Phillip didn’t know how to handle the praise. He had spent the recent time together trying to fix his clothes and not ruin what for most intents and purposes, was a date. At the end, being himself is what seemed to win her over. 




“I’ve never been so nervous around a woman Cassandra. You are larger than life, literally, and to hear you say those things is simply... amazing.” Phillip said. He was lost for a moment... he wasn’t quite sure how to proceed. 




Cassandra reached down and undid the zipper on the side of her skirt, slipping it off to the side, exposing her pink panties. She reached down and lifted him up, giving him a passionate kiss. Pressed together with him against her lips, Cassandra was ready. She pulled away to whisper in his ear. 




“Nobody is around Phil. If you want me, you can have me.” She put him back down. 




Phillip began unbuckling his pants in a hurry. Forgetting to remove his shoes he strained to pull the pants off his legs fast enough. Forcing his shoes off by sheer will, he threw everything to the side. He stood before her, in a pair of plaid boxers, tenting them to their limit. 




Reaching a long finger between his legs, she touched his undercarriage, sending waves of pleasure through Phillip’s body. Phillips knees buckled as he fell into her finger. 




Correcting himself, Phillip, with renewed confidence, placed a foot on Cassandra’s thigh and pushed himself upwards. He leaned into her chest, pushing her backwards. Cassandra leaned back, playing along, as Phillip fell into her chest. He moved his way up to meet her at her lips again.  




“Promise you’ll be gentle.” Phillip joked, noting the obvious role reversals. 




“Promise you won’t.” Cassandra replied.