- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian and Neha are off to NYC - but Brian is focused on trying to track Alicia to save Veronica.

Stephanie's b-day party has officially begun!

[POV: Brian]

Brian barely noticed when Amy shrunk him and Neha down placing them inside her pocketbook. Brian had bigger things to worry about. He was desperately trying to save Veronica. Over the past year, Brian had become close with both Maria and Veronica. Brian brought his laptop with him and was working on making sure Alicia’s phone could be tracked.

“So, what are you up to, genius boy”, Neha asked Brian with a smirk.

“It’s none of your business.”

“Come on”, said Neha, “I see that it has you preoccupied.”

Brian couldn’t tell anyone about this – what was going on, he certainly wouldn’t tell Neha.

“It’s a top-secret project.”

“Like that shrinking machine which has us inside that loser’s pocketbook.”

“Amy is my one and only. I understand you two had some major issues in high school but to me, she’s perfect.”

“I know. You probably find it hot when that wallflower chooses to assert herself. But I assert myself all the time.”

“Amy is the best person I ever met in my life. I am 100% devoted to her. So if you don’t mind, please stop flirting with me or whatever it is you’re doing.”

“Even if Amy practically gets us killed?”

“She would never let that happen. Trust me. Amy might be too close with Stephanie but Amy will never be like her.”

“Stephanie?”

“Don’t even get me started on her”, said Brian shaking his head, “Stephanie is Amy’s best friend. Stephanie is oversensitive, bitchy, foolish and short-sighted. We’re being dragged along to her stupid birthday party. That’s the only flaw I see in Amy – her choice of friend.”

“Maybe your project can keep you away?”

“Perhaps”, said Brian, “but can’t say the same for you.”

“If Stephanie hurts me, Stacy will give her a real smackdown.”

“Stacy seems kind though.”

“She’ll defend those who matter to her – and Stacy is my best friend.”

“Then I guess you’ll be safe.”

“What about you? Does Amy help protect you?”

“For the most part”, said Brian, “I do fear, on occasion, that Stephanie is a bad influence. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to my project.”

Brian was working as hard as he could to find Veronica.  
Why couldn’t he just have told Amy what was going on? He could have stayed home and helped track Alicia and Veroncia easier.

Brian was so close to getting a signal from Alicia’s phone but then.. shit… the signal went out.

Brian groaned.

“Is there anything I can do to help”, asked Neha.

“No”, said Brian, “we must be under a tunnel right now. Once we’re out, I should be able to get the signal I needed.”

“You look really worried about something.”

“Some people say I’m always worried.”

“If I would have known, I would have brought my wave attractor which can find signals from the tiniest cracks in concrete. Oh wait, I have this with me in my purse! It is a great tool to have when you need WiFi ASAP.”

“Yes, that will help. Honestly, I might have to start tracking this number all over when we’re out.”

“Under one condition”, said Neha getting awfully close to Brian and rubbing his cheek.

“I’m really sorry but Amy is..”

“Not that. I just want to know what this secret project is.”

“You have to keep it a secret. But I’m on a rescue mission.”

“A rescue mission?”

“Related to the shrinking machine. I gave a copy to two friends of mine – Maria and Veronica, a great couple. They use it for um… stuff. But some other woman stole Veronica while she was tiny. I’m trying to track her location so Maria can go kick that bitch’s ass and save Veronica.”

“I see”, said Neha, “I’m happy to help with that. And don’t worry – your secret is safe with me.”

Neha pulled out her contraption from her purse and moved a few switches.
Instantly, Brian got a signal.

“Thank you Neha”, said Brian, “I don’t know how to repay you.”

“Just keep me safe tonight. From what you say, this Stephanie sounds like a scary woman.”

“I’ll try but unfortunately my main protector doesn’t seem as fond as protecting you. But I know I won’t lose any ground with Amy if I try to protect you.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Honestly, lightly putting you under her foot is like the worst thing Amy would do to you. I have some other stories. Now, I need to help my friends.”

Brian quickly put in Alicia’s phone # and it was a success. He sensed they were still under the tunnel. He knew without Neha that they would have been doomed.

“I know where Alicia is”, said Brian, “just going to send Maria a message.”

Brian: I found where Alicia is right now. Appears she is at her apartment at 400 E 19th St. I’ll let you know if anything changes. Have a signal which will stay clear no matter what.

Maria: Thank you, Brian! I knew that I could count on you!! Let me know if she moves at all but I have a bitch who is getting an ass-whooping.

Brian: Hoping you and Veronica will both be okay.

Maria: After this info, I’m positive that I’ll come out on top :D

Brian: Keep me posted. Stuck at Stephanie’s bday party tonight.

Maria: Poor thing, good luck!

“Neha”, said Brian, “I just wanted to say thank you. You might have helped save my friend.”

“Of course”, said Neha, “I am very happy to help you.”

Suddenly, there was light.

Brian and Neha looked up at Amy and Stacy’s gigantic faces.

“How was the ride”, asked Amy.

“Uneventful”, said Brian.

“Stacy, you better have my back when this Stephanie monster does things to me!”

“I won’t let anything happen to you, I promise”, said Stacy.

“Oh, I see Brian has been telling you stories. Neha, too bad Stephanie won’t be happy that you were trying to steal Brian!”

[POV: Roger]

After another hour underneath Stephanie’s toes, Roger was placed on one of the countertops. He saw Stephanie grinning from ear to ear.

“Roger, this is going to be the best party ever! Too bad though that Maria and Veronica are probably not showing up. Heard nothing from Maria since last night.”

“Party was last notice”, said Roger, “they might have had plans.”

“So why not just say that?”

Because you’re too sensitive, thought Roger.

But Roger said, “no clue. Maybe they’ll surprise you with something special.”

“I sure hope so”, said Stephanie blowing a kiss.

The doorbell rang.

Stephanie rushed to the door. Roger saw Amy and an unknown friend of hers.

“AIMS”, cheered Stephanie, “so happy to see you!!” The two girls hugged.

“Who’s your friend”, continued Stephanie.

“This is Stacy. She’s my neighbor.”

“Nice to meet you, Stephanie”, said Stacy.

“Likewise!”

“And”, said Amy, “Stacy knows about the tinies.”

“Splendid”, said Stephanie, “because that’s the theme of tonight.”

Amy pulled out Brian and another girl from her purse. Roger was curious about what was going on.

“That’s my roommate, Neha”, said Stacy, “as you can see, we learned about the shrinking machine.”

“Let me introduce you to my boyfriend, Roger!”

Roger got a closer look at Stacy and Neha.

“Very nice to meet you both”, said Roger, “glad that you could join us for Stephanie’s special day.”

“Nice to meet you too”, said Stacy warmly.

“So you’re the boyfriend of this bitch”, said Neha.

Roger stayed silent.

“For the record”, said Stephanie, “nobody calls me bitch and gets away with it. We’ll have some fun tonight.”

Roger saw Brian facepalm. He wasn’t having any of tonight.

“Nice of all of you to come all the way from Cambridge to celebrate with us”, said Roger.

“I got more important things to deal with than silly games”, said Brian.

“Brian is right”, said Neha, “Roger, how can you let any of this happen?”

“Don’t even bother to ask”, said Brian rolling his eyes, “it’s obvious.”

“I don’t think Stephanie is that pretty”, said Neha.

Oh shit, thought Roger, Neha would be in trouble tonight.

“I respectfully disagree”, said Roger.

“What are you going to do? Tell Stephanie what I said. You are a nice-looking guy but, my goodness, you are the beta of beta males.”

Roger scowled at Neha. He already wasn’t liking her.

“I just hope we make it through tonight without much trouble”, said Brian, “I will make sure that Amy keeps me out of the shenanigans.”

“That’s what I like about you, Brian”, said Neha, “you stand up for yourself. Roger, you could learn a lot from Brian.”

“Stephanie and I have our own dynamic. Brian and Amy have theirs.”

“From what Brian told me, oh boy. Stephanie sounds like a lot.”

“Stephanie is just very Stephanie“, said Brian.

Roger rolled his eyes. Brian’s dislike of Stephanie was constant. The “beta male” comment really hit Roger. Looking at his past, what if Neha was right?

Chapter End Notes:

Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!

Let me know what you think in the reviews!!