- Text Size +

The team hurriedly ran to the tree, and sure enough, everyone saw it. Since they weren't quite sure what the object was, they needed to come up with a plan to recover what they found. 

 

The first thing that amazed the team was the actual location of the object. It was clearly resting in the tree trunk, but at a height that dwarfed even the tallest of team members. A rope ladder was hook up and a measurement was taken of height of the object to the ground below. The measurement was determined to be 102 inches. The object was eight and a half feet from the ground. This puzzled the team.

 

And the next course of action was to examine the object in its present location, and photograph the object and surrounding area, adding team members to give an accurate scale.

 

The next thing was to remove the object. It was the tip of an arrow. But the tip was wider than any they had ever seen, or heard about. And once the arrow tip was removed, one of team member, another female, examined it and ran some tests to determine when the object was made.

 

There was a design on the tip that no one was familiar with.

As the tests on the arrow tip continued, it was examined further by the whole team. The design was unfamiliar, but a team member who had been on archeological digs, especially in Europe, thought the design reminded him of something similar he had seen in Eastern Europe. But he wasn't sure, because the design he was thinking of hadn't been seen since the 14th century. 

 

He thought it was odd that the arrow had that design, but he, along with all the other team members were stunned and in disbelief when the preliminary age of the tip was determined to be around 700 years old. The test was rerun and rerun again, and every time the results were the same. 

 

As the day was growing late, camp was set up, but this time there was a buzz within the team. Dinner was eaten, and then the discussion commenced. The arrow tip looked brand new, yet preliminary tests dated around the 14th century. That stumped everyone. 

 

The team leader, the man with the Phd in Unexplained Phenomena, thought for a moment, then asked each member to calmly and logically offer a theory that could explain what they found.

 

Someone theorized that aliens left it, but it was said without conviction. Another suggested that it was a well preserved family heirloom, handed down across the generations. But the lady member who performed the dating tests, stated that even the most well preserved heirloom would show signs of aging, and this one didn't. It looked brand new.

 

And there were the only theories offered. No one could think of anything that would explain how this object ended up here. Maybe a good night sleep would help clear their minds and give them a fresh perspective. Maybe even the answer would come to someone in a dream, which happened quite often. But for now, rest, and then hopefully some answers.