- Text Size +

Once the team made their ways back to their respective tents, it took a while for the excitement of finding the arrow tip to calm down. But once it did, the team fell into a deep sleep.

 

One female team member woke up, but in a strange building, one that she didn't recognize. It was dimly lit by a single candle, and the structure was full of dark shadows. 

 

She heard voices, but could not see who was talking. She didn't recognize the language, and it seemed to her that the voices were coming from up above her head. She wanted to move, but discovered that she was bound by ropes, which were large in nature. She heard heavy footsteps coming towards her, followed by loud talking, and a searing bright light.

 

It was then she woke up to the sunlight peeking into her tent. She looked around and saw the other two women that were her tent mates starting to stir. With that she got up and exited her tent, looking for a tree to relieve herself. Once finished she saw that the rest of team was awake, and eating a small meal for breakfast. 

 

Once she joined them she mentioned the dream she had, describing it as best as she could remember. But as she recalled the dream, she could see funny looks on the faces of the other members. She asked them if anything was wrong. When the team leader mentioned that he had almost the exact dream, then the other members added that they too had the same experience.

 

The team became silent. It was near impossible for more than one person to have the same dream at the same time, but this happened to ten people. Combined with their discovery from the day before, and a strange feeling developed within the team.

 

But the job had to continue. The leader said that they had more area to cover. They were in the heart of the woods, still had the other sections to investigate. So after eating, and packing up their tents, and putting out the fire, they made their way to the next area.

 

The team moved slowly, investigating a wider field of view. After discovering the arrow tip so far off the ground, they made sure to inspect all the trees as best they could. 

 

But there was no game changing discovery in this section. And so the team slowly made their way to another section. It was here that they found another object that didn't seem to fit in the surrounding area. Somewhat hidden under thick brush, they saw what appeared to be a sandal. But it like no sandal that any of them had ever seen. 

 

It was made of material that was different from what is currently available. And what really stunned the team was it's size. It had to be size 22 if it was made for a male, and was equally as wide. 

 

And like the arrow tip, tests were conducted on the object. The material was different from the usual cow-hide made sandal. The material suggested it was equine in nature. And the preliminary age was determined to be the same as the arrow tip, around 700 years old. But the sandal looked like it was recently made. 

 

Again, the team was stumped. Two objects were found, but their age suggested that neither should have been there. But there they were. And the team decided to camp there for the night. They needed to push each other to try to explain what they found. A team comprised of top scientific reseachers were unable to arrive at any theories about what was found. Hopefully their discussion would lead to a breakthrough.