- Text Size +

“Gamma” was the name given to the third and last battle group in the triad to approach the giant woman.  Though they had to wait until the other two companies approached their positions, they stood ready in formation, to protect the base camp should the woman wake and head in their direction.  Base Camp itself was huge.  Nestled between Highway 191 and the base of the mountain range, it looked like a truck parking lot with over three dozen tank carriers waiting for the return of their cargo.  But there was also a mechanic’s station, commissary, a mobile hospital and other forms of military support.

 

Upon finally pulling away from the camp, Gamma commander Major Jackson actually felt sorry for the camp personnel.  To come all this way and do so much setting up, but not actually see the 150-foot phenomena seemed almost cruel.  It was only after traveling a little more than one mile in the most bizarre mission of his career, that he got his first glimpse of the 150-foot naked woman.  Soon he was going to be practically face-to-face with her.  ‘Well, I guess it won’t be face-to-face if she stands up!’ he thought in his usual deadpan humor.  Of course, if she stands up, or at least if she makes any moves beyond that, well that is when the fireworks would begin.

 

He, and all the other officers had seen the video of her actions at the trailer park.  Taking her down did seem to be a reasonable response, but he also recognized that solving the mystery of her existence would likely be easier if she was alive.

 

Still, demanding that she just say there while the military conducts test after test seemed like a lot to ask.  Would she comply?  He couldn’t say.  Consequently; he took comfort in his command that surrounded him on all sides. Tanks, cannons, missile launchers, troop carriers all trudging along in their odd triangular formation. As heroic as it would seem to be leading the charge, not to mention not having to deal with the sand cloud kicked up in front of him, it was established that being in the middle aided situational awareness and the ability to change tactics.  And if there was ever a mission where the tactics were unproven it was this one.  Ironically, leading the charge were the specialists.  The psy-ops guys that were pulled in to figure out how to best convince her to stay put.  Good luck with that.

 

She was visible now.  Still just lying there as three companies advanced on her.  Her porn star proportions were even more evident at ground level.  But as extraordinary as the sight of a 150-foot naked woman was, the warrior in him saw vulnerability in all that exposed skin.  He had seen what tanks like the one under him could do to a concrete and steel building.  The missiles could do even worse, at which point he hoped that someone else would be in charge of the cleanup and body disposal.

 

The notorious Arizona sun emerged from the Eastern horizon about the same time the Arizona Governor arrived at the command post with his entourage.  The General was even less impressed with him in person.  The General had to pry him from gawking at the woman’s image on the monitors to explain the military strategy.  The Governor nodded and fed back single-word affirmations, but was clearly out of his depth.

 

Jackson’s headset announced that they had reached their position and Jackson ordered his command to halt, and then looked down at the tactical display to gauge the shape of their formation and sent out orders for a few admittedly, finicky adjustments. Soon Psy-Ops would be ordered to begin their engagement.  He wasn’t sure if he wanted them to succeed.

 

Wanda wasn’t having second thoughts so much as she was giving herself the opportunity to.  Never a fan of the Guild, she had none-the-less followed their prime decree to not make paranormal abilities public.  One could argue that she had already passed that point, but not really.  She could still throw out a smoke screen, get up, run off, disappear, and go home to Malibu like nothing happened.  The military would keep it all quiet and before long, the trailer park videos would only find tenure with frustrated conspiracy theorists.

 

But that never really reached the consideration stage.  Wanda was ready to throw off the shackles of secrecy she had worn for 90 years.  She was eager to show just how superior she was.  She was prepared to laugh at the Guild and their attempts to stop her.  She was hungry to enact revenge on Phoenix.  And, she wanted to play.

 

There was still enough dust in the air from Gamma Company’s travel that Major Jackson struggled to see the Psy-Ops groups through his binoculars as they disembarked from their troop truck and pulled equipment from a second truck.

 

Then it started to get worse. Added to the tan dust was a peculiar gray smoke.  Jackson pulled down the binoculars and looked for the source of the smoke, but didn’t see one.  It just seemed to emerge all around him out of nowhere.  Immediately the radio was full of chatter about the smoke, and clearly no one had any more answers than he did.  He couldn’t see the woman.  Hell, he could barely see the tank in front of him and within a minute even the tank faded away.

 

At the command center, they watched the smoke obscure the giant woman and all three companies.  It then expanded to the point where his view from the overlook was now nothing but smoke.  There were lots of shouts at the post and through the radio, but it all amounted to nobody having any idea what was going on.

 

To Major Jackson, the smoke had no smell, it didn’t burn his eyes, he couldn’t feel it, it was just there!  ‘If we could replicate this, it would be one hell of a battle tactic, he thought, unfortunately that tactic was currently being used against him and all three other companies.  Right now, that woman could be on her feet, flipping over tanks, tossing trucks, stepping on soldiers and he would have no clue until it happened to him.  Then, as if that thought were a trigger, he started feeling and hearing a rumble.  It steadily got more intense just like the earthquakes that woke him up at the base.  Before long, the rumble was a roar and the vibration made it almost impossible to stay upright.

 

The command center heard about the rumble from the field before they felt it themselves.  Soon it was quite intense.  The monitors, one of the only things vaguely visible through the smoke came crashing down and almost no one remained standing.  Worse, rocks started coming down from the hill pounding the vehicles lined up against it.  General Harston also recognized the steady increasing intensity as a repeat of last night’s first earthquake, but that didn’t give him any clue as to what it was.

 

“Sir! I’m losing signals!” came a shout from Captain Menendez, whose task was to monitor the tactical.

 

“What signals?” Harston shouted back as he instinctively looked to where his tactical screen had been.

 

“Alpha and Beta Companies Sir!  I’ll show you.”  Guided by each other’s voices, the two officers stumbled toward each other and through the haze.  He saw on the laptop screen as the “inside” half of the red and blue lights were gone.  From both groups some vehicles were retreating, others not, but the leading edge of both were winking out in sequence as though someone were moving a black paper across the screen.  The green lights were untouched.

 

The shout from his communications officer was not surprising. “General Sir!  Alpha and Beta companies report being attacked and heavy casualties”

 

“Being attacked by what?” Her?  How can she be attacking both companies?”

 

They don’t’ know, they can’t see it sir.  They say it is like something is rolling over them.”

 

“We’ve also lost contact with Tweedy One, Sir.  That was their cam copter.  Their last report was that they collided with something!”

 

General Harston had to put that aside for the moment, while he ordered both Alpha and Beta to retreat, essentially giving the existing retreat his blessing. But at that point, only about a fourth of the lights from each remained and they were going fast.  Soon, there were none.  Again, this was confirmed by communications: “Sir?  Alpha and Beta companies are…gone!

 

The General wasn’t about to accept the implication.  “Could the smoke be masking the signals? 

 

“It isn’t just the transponders sir, Alpha and Beta are also silent. No one is reporting!”

 

“And yet Gamma is unaffected?” the general yelled over the rumble.

 

“All lights are showing.” The lieutenant shouted back, pitching his voice higher in an attempt to be heard.  “Plenty of radio.  They are as confused as the rest of us, but intact.”

 

Meanwhile the earthquake continued increasing in intensity.  More rocks fell on vehicles, and very possibly soldiers, but the General just fell to his bottom and clinched the laptop as he stared at the screen.  Where had his companies gone?

 

And then it stopped

 

Major Jackson stood back up though the turret hatch.  The smoke was dissipating, not that it mattered as sand dust from the shaking was just as bad, and worse to breathe. 

 

He reported the ceasing of the earthquake to Command, and then called for all Gamma company vehicles to report in. As they did, came the report that Alpha and Beta companies were missing, and possibly wiped out by some unknown force.

 

Jackson, literally shaken by the earthquake wondered if the ground has opened up and swallowed them, and maybe the giant woman as well.

 

An unusually strong gust of wind from the west had kicked up, which was blowing the sand cloud away from him when it seemed to hit something and break up every which way.  As Jackson adjusted his clothing to avoid getting perforated by the sand, he tried to make sense of what he was seeing in front of him.

 

As the sand cloud thinned, it revealed what seemed to be an immense wall of a similar color behind it.  He called into Command and tried to describe what he was seeing:

 

“I don’t know if this is some kind of illusion from the sand, but it looks smooth, seamless and curved, I think. Sort of rounded in places.  Above us is a high, rounded cantilevered…”

 

“Major!” Jackson recognized the General’s voice, and stopped talking.

 

“Major, it’s her” the General said in a weary voice. “It is the woman, grown to damn, I don’t know how big!”  Through the remaining dust, he could just see the dark spots of Gamma company, still in its triangle formation.  “That bulge above you is her breast, and the top of it…is higher than we are!

 

Around him, the command post was a mess. Everything that could be knocked down, was.  All the vehicles were damaged by rocks, with the Ops truck smashed beyond usability.  The Governor’s car met the same fate.  They soon found that the inoperable vehicles didn’t matter.  A landslide about a hundred feet north had washed out the switchback road both above and below them.  They were stuck.  A few soldiers were hurt, but no one was caring for them as all eyes were fixed in disbelief on the gargantuan woman.

 

“I just got word from our north traffic outpost.  They report a giantic left foot plowed right through the Swift Trail Junction Prison, and is now resting on top of the town.  Sir! That is over four miles from our position!

 

The Major tried to take that in.  Four and a half miles! With the shoulders and head to the south of him, that would make her at least five miles long!”  He looked up at the massive round bulge sticking out over the side of the wall…er…body It was moving.  Just a little bit, outward and inward.  She was breathing.

 

He became aware that the General was taking again: “…can only assume that Alpha and Beta companies were crushed underneath her. I guess you got lucky Major.”

 

It wasn’t luck, it was planned. She wanted this company to survive and therefore had her left breast as the pivot point, expanding in all directions but that one.  Remotely looking down on the scene from high above, Wanda was delighted to see that the whole triangle of Gamma Company was quite smaller than the breast that loomed adjacent.  In fact, her own triangle patch wasn’t much smaller.

 

“General, do you want us to retreat?”  The question seemed obvious.  Only a nuclear bomb could possibly deal with this woman now, and this desert wouldn’t be a bad place to do it.

 

There was a pause, and then the General replied “Negative”

 

“Negative Sir?”

 

“Major, we are probably never going to have ground troops this close to her again, and it appears she is still sleeping.  Pick a spot on her, something soft like the underside of that tit.  Have everyone aim for that same spot.  We may not take her down, but maybe we can blow a hole in her, and she damn sure won’t find a Band Aid to cover it up!

 

“Yes Sir!” Jackson replied, unable to keep the shake out of his voice.

 

Back at Command, the tactical officer Colonel Marsh approached the General.

 

“Sir! She can wipe out the whole company with one slap of her hand”

 

Dammit Colonel! I am not going to let the greatest threat this country has ever seen loose without firing so much as a shot!”  If they join their friends in Alpha and Beta Companies…that’s just war!”

 

The General stomped off and the Colonel didn’t stop him.

 

The Major had his orders.  And he also took the General’s suggestion, selecting a location on the underside of the breast sticking out over the side.  The tank was equipped with a laser for roughly this purpose and he aimed it at his chosen location with the lingering dust in the air facilitating its visibility

 

“Use approximately half your ordinance.  After that, we will assess and determine if we should remain on that location or choose another.”  He, like the Colonel, half suspected that after the first volley, they would all be instantly crushed under the palm of her hand. But he had a strategy and was going to stick with it.

 

It was disconcerting to see the tank’s cannon pointed so high as though it were an anti-aircraft weapon, and all around him he saw the tank cannons pointed the same way looking appropriately enough like erections.

 

One by one, the units reported in when their targeting was complete.

 

“Fire”

 

His tank thundered under him and he as he heard similar thunder from the tanks around him as well as the tearing sound of rockets overhead, he had slight feeling of reassurance.  She was big but their weapons were powerful. And everything was hitting the same spot.  Explosion after explosion hit that one location. Over and over, it went. The rocket launchers finished first, leaving just the continued boom of the tanks for another 40 seconds.

 

In the conspicuous silence, a large cloud of black smoke obscured the targeted location.  What he would give to see blood pouring through it. 

 

Pushed by the wind, the black smoke dissipated to reveal a black area on the skin.  He was glad to see something, but was it burned skin or just soot?  The rhythmic movement of her breathing continued with no change.  But there wasn’t any other movement which meant two things.  One, she wasn’t about to squash them and two, it was probably just soot, since she would have probably reacted to a burn, or three, he just amended, maybe she is in some kind of deep coma.  Maybe she will never come out of it and she will die and remain her to decay becoming the world’s most morbid tourist attraction.

 

But he was getting a head of himself.  He had the second half of his artillery to deliver, and it might as well be in the same place just in case they did make progress.

 

He gave the orders and it all happened again, though this time, the noise reeked of sound and fury signifying nothing.

 

From the command post, the General could see the tiny fire bursts and tracers from the rockets, though the designated target was blocked by the breast itself.  This was all he had, and once they finished firing, he had little choice but to bring them, back inform the brass of the circumstances (not yet possible due to the smashed communications truck), and wait for additional orders with one third of his command empty and the other two-thirds… gone.  He had one hell of a condolence letter writing campaign ahead of him.

 

It looked like they had fired their last. And all that was left was to see if it did any good.

 

“Sir! Look!” the Lieutenant blurted at the General.

 

Her right knee started to rise; a bit of a rumble could be felt as the foot started scraping the ground back toward her body.  Exclamations of “She’s moving her leg” reverberated through the command post.  The movement appeared slow but he reminded himself that it was covering more than two miles in 15-20 seconds.

 

He heard communications inform Gamma Company.  They undoubted felt the rumble far more down there.

 

“Is she getting up? The Governor asked, to which they could only speculate.  Then, her left arm moved from its position of acting as a pillow for her head. 

 

The General feared it was headed for Gamma, but instead it straightened outward beyond her head.  He couldn’t read the motion but Colonel Marsh did.

 

“She’s going to rollover!  She’s going to roll this way!”

 

‘And right over Gamma company!’ the General thought grabbing the mic.

 

Gamma company! Full retreat! With all due speed!  I repeat, Full speed retreat!”  That should be enough but then added “We think she’s going to roll over!  Your way!”

 

Major Jackson didn’t wait for the repeat.  “All units, full retreat! Retreat at full speed!”

 

Now was the time that they had to deal with the fact that all that shaking when she grew had sank them in the desert sand.  The tanks should get out but he worried for the trucks.  Indeed, his tank had to crawl out of the sand before it could start moving.

 

“Trucks! Leave your trailers!” Then he spotted a truck with a canon trailer on the move and added “Unless you are already moving!  What ever gets you out the fastest!

 

Looking back, toward her, some of the trucks did indeed appear stuck. Including the Psy-op trucks at the very front. “Lieutenant Soto! Do you read?” he addressed the tank commander closest to the stuck truck.  “See if you can pull the Psy Op truck out”

 

“Yes Sir”

 

He gave two more such orders feeling guilty that the tanks were moving forward while he was in rapid retreat, but the truck nearest him got out just fine, and the other tanks were closer. Time was of the essence for all.

 

He heard a new rumble over the sound of the tank engine. Looking back, her body moved for the first time, and as predicted, it began to roll in their direction, which was mostly noticeable from the massive breast in the sky starting a downward arc.  His eyes shot up to her face but he was still too close to her to see if her eyes were open.

 

No matter. The roll in her whole body was apparent and her body was literally the size of a mountain range.  The orb overhead that was her breast had a distinct downward motion now. and the major watched transfixed as it slowly descended.  Below were the trucks and the tank he sent to help them.

 

He was starting to see the front of the breast now.  It was probably over a half mile in diameter.  The town he grew up in was smaller than that.  The breast moved as one with the body until its own weight asserted itself and it suddenly dropped right on top of the trucks and tank which simply disappeared as a blast of sand dust billowed forth from the perimeter of its landing, accompanied by a moving ripple in the ground big enough for the tank to catch air as it rolled underneath.

 

The landing was hard and the Major was sure he felt a rib crack when his body slammed into the edge of the hatch opening.  Groaning, the Major looked back in disbelief at the massive towering breast which filled his field of vision.  Below it, there was no sign of the vehicles it landed upon.  He had ordered that tank to go back there and it did.  Now they were gone.

 

“Sir! A truck is stuck up ahead.” 

 

“Tell them to let their winch out”

 

Now it was his turn.  Behind him the breast was now rolling forward, and it rolled right over a fleeing rocket launcher like a steam roller over a well-cooked green pea.

 

He was more anxious than ever as they slowed in front of the truck.  It was facing them. And the Major wasn’t clear if it had been stuck all along or landed this way after the ripple tossed everything in the air.  The winch was in the front of course, so to pull them out, they would have to reverse and pull toward that giant rolling tit.

 

The men moved quickly.  There was a loop on the tank for this very purpose and after a teeth-gnashing fumble, they hooked the loop, and the tank starting backing up.  It took longer than he thought.  The truck was really in there and the tank’s treads actually slipped a bit in the sand.  Soon, they got traction and pulled the truck out onto somewhat harder ground.

 

“Let’s Go! Let’s Go!” Jackson heard himself and others shout as the tank lurched forward and the truck passengers all scrambled to get on board. He looked at the tit.  There was a whole woman’s body behind it, but all he saw was that tit.  It was noticeably closer, with the nipple about to crash into the ground.

 

Off they went, the truck soon passing them. He looked back, just in time to see two more vehicles disappear under the relentless rolling flesh.  The ground got harder and their speed picked up to the point that they were distancing themselves from the mountain sized mammary.  The problem is, those things come as a pair.  Thousands of feet up but steadily swinging downward was the other one.  Just as big, round and firm.  Just as deadly.

 

It was getting dark now, the body, now perpendicular to the ground threw its shadow far beyond them.  He looked up and didn’t see how they were going to out run this one.

 

There was another truck on its side ahead, thrown by that massive wave in the ground. 

 

“Screw the truck! Just slow down enough for them to climb on!  Anyone not driving get up here!”  Hands stretched they pulled the soldiers up, some dangerously bouncing off the tracks as the tank rolled on. It was crowded and Jackson ordered his crew back down the hatch to make room. They hit a bump and a man lost his hand hold and fell off.  That breast was now descending, there was no stopping for him

 

Jackson kept looking at the breast’s trajectory and their progress.  They weren’t going to make it.  He realized now if they had gone perpendicular to her movement, they would have had just one breast to outrun, rather than two.  But when a whole woman-shaped mountain range is rolling toward you, who thinks of going anywhere but simply away?

 

It was getting darker by the second.  He thought briefly if there would be any space between the tits, but these things were whoppers, even relative to her size. There was no way they weren’t going press together.

 

Even now when looking up at that tit, his eyes gravitated to the nipple.  It looked hard. He had this recollection of his naked wife lying down on top of him, her breasts on his chest.  When her nipples were hard there would be a little triangle of space around them as the rest of the breast would come down.  What if we put ourselves in that little space?  We could survive! H shouted to his pilot.  “Aim for the nipple…”!

 

“What?  Are you crazy?”

 

“But stop just short of it.  The nipple looks hard, there might be a gap!’

 

The pilot considered this for a second, “Oh shit! You’re right!”  Military decorum was a little lax at the moment.

 

The Major issued his idea on the radio to everyone else still rolling.  He presented it as a suggestion.

 

It was ridiculously dark now, with just a stripe of light coming in between the ground below and the massive ball of flesh above.  Everyone ‘s lights were on and there were now about six vehicles closely grouped, rushing and trying to estimate the exact landing position of the nipple. The first vehicle, reached their estimated best guess and stopped.  Jackson looked at the descending nipple, by itself, it was as big as a ten-story building, and disagreed with their estimation

 

“Don’t stop by that tank! Stop about 40 feet short!”

 

And then he radioed “Stopped tank!”  He couldn’t see who it was in the dark.  “You’re too far, you’re right underneath it!  Go forward or backward about 40 feet!”

 

“We know!” came the exasperated reply

 

“Here!” Stop now!”  Jackson ordered his pilot.  The tank stopped as did vehicles on either side of them.

 

The tank in front jerked and stopped.  The driver, in a panic, likely stalled it. That massively wrinkled nipple was coming down fast. Upper and lower hatches sprang open and silhouettes of soldiers leaped out of them running to either side.

 

Amid the pervasive thunder, the nipple came down directly in front of them, crushing the tank in a split second before plunging into the ground.  And it kept on plunging literally into the ground.

 

‘Oh, that didn’t occur to me!’ was the Major’s last thought before a bump in her Areola pulped him and everything around him in a split-second.

 

The original smoke-filled earthquake had made a mess of the base camp.  The dissipation of the unexplained smoke revealed that pretty much anything that could fall over or collapse, did.  Furthermore, the replacement of the Eastern horizon with a naked, large-breasted, 5-mile-long woman proved to be something of a distraction.  It was hard for anyone, regardless of rank do anything but stare.

 

When she started to roll over, panic ensued. Caught between the mountain range behind them, and the equivalent-sized woman stretching miles in either direction, there was nowhere to go.  Multiple approaching sand rooster tails shooting from the ground signaled the rapid retreat of Gamma company, and everyone stood transfixed by the bizarre race.  As she reached the point of laying on her side, her torso width, peaking at her shoulders was over a mile and a half high, throwing them all into shadow and turned her into a giant silhouette of the female form.  It was difficult to estimate accurately, but it appeared that she was not quite wide enough to come down on the base camp, though plenty wide enough to overtake Gamma Company. 

 

They could now see some of the leading vehicles in front of the dust cloud at top speed.  Led by the dark protruding nipple, the massive hemisphere of flesh came directly down on the vehicles.  Some under the nipple appeared to have stopped, while others on either side were still frantically approaching at top speed.  It made no matter as the rounded flesh plunged into the ground and easily covered everything.

 

They only saw the contact for a second before a billowing sand cloud rose to block the view.  At the same time the ground lurched, violently throwing everyone and everything in the air.  About half looked up to see that sand cloud rushing toward them at well over a hundred miles per hour.  When Wanda’s rolling frontal body contacted the ground, displaced air and the sand it pushed, hit the base camp like an atomic blast.  Everything was blown against the mountain base.  People and light equipment flew the fastest only to have the tractor-trailers and other trucks fly in to crush them a second later.

 

At the command center, the General, Governor, and everyone else watched helplessly as the woman made her simple move.  Most gawked and cowered as her shoulder reached past their 4100-foot altitude, while the General and his officers fixed their eyes on the dark dots rushing their way to escape.  One by one the dots disappeared as the ball-like lower breast rolled over them.  They were back at just enough of an angle to see the loose trapezoidal formation of remaining vehicles continue their mad dash as the second breast’s nipple pierce the middle of the group before the rest of the orb spread to cover every last vehicle and beyond.

 

The ground lurched again as the entirety of her frontal body reached the surface.  The General grabbed his laptop as the ground lurched under his feet, his eyes glued to the tactical screen in front of him as he watched a black circle form in the middle of the green symbols, and quickly expand until the screen was all black less than a second later.  A chilling silence followed.  There was no chatter from soldiers and government officials, no cackle from the radio, and of course no more rumble of her movement.

 

As he looked across the vast plane of her back, only slightly lower than his position, he saw a sprinkling of metal bits on middle-left side of her upper back and a similar grouping lower on her lower back.  Undoubtedly remains of Beta and Alpha companies respectively.  His entire fighting force, gone.

 

Wanda was basking in it.  She had taken out their pathetic fighting force without lifting a finger.  Well, that is not quite right, she did lift her knee. She savored the vibrant life-force energy derived from all those young robust soldiers’ courtesy of her breasts.  And then there was the unexpected bonus of all those who met their demise at the base camp. It made her all warm inside just as the newly risen sun was warming her backside, providing still more power.

 

All that energy and here she was just lying face-down on the ground.  And her task wasn’t quite finished, though.  There was still a matter of the command post.