- Text Size +

“Wilma, I’m home!”

 

Ignatius stepped into his house, but Wilma wasn’t waiting for him.  He decided to go looking for her when he saw the bottle of solution half empty on the table.

 

“Fuck!”

 

Two weeks earlier, Wilma had been sulking on the sofa and looking at her phone.  She had been thinking about how to convince Gabriella to stay with them, so Iggy assumed this was about that.  However, when he peeked over her shoulder and asked what she was looking at, he saw picture after picture of legal documents pulled up on her phone.

 

“Snookums, what’s wrong?  Did something happen?  You can tell me!”

 

She immediately tensed up, but after she regained her composure, she handed Iggy her phone to look over.

 

“Actually, there is something I need to talk to you about…”

 

As Iggy looked through the documents, he read about the details of a chemical compound that was involved in a horrible industrial accident.  That’s when he saw the name of the defendant of the case.  Gabriella Hale.

 

“Wilma, were you taking pictures of other people’s mail?  And classified legal documents too?  Do you have any idea the number of laws you’ve broken by doing this?  I’m deleting these before you get in trouble!”

 

“Wait!  Don’t do that!  I need you to look over a few things.”

 

“Wilma, I’m not going to read other people’s mail that you’ve illegally photocopied.”

 

“Not the whole thing, just how the compound in the coolant was made.  Maybe you can find a way to fix Mrs. Snoww.  Please, you work with this stuff all the time in the lab.”

 

“Amy, I’m a pharmacist, not a…”

 

“Please!”

 

Iggy sighed and reluctantly looked over the legal documents.  He checked over the procedure, taking notes on a piece on the back of a receipt.  Looking it over, he was having trouble figuring out what exactly he was supposed to do with this.  He was going to tell Wilma that there was nothing he could do, but the helpless, hopeful look in her eyes made his heart melt.  Sighing, he folded up the receipt.

 

“I’ll see what I can do.”

 

Wilma jumped on him and held him with joy.

 

In about a week, Iggy walked through the door with a bottle of the compound he had successfully crafted at the lab.  Ever since, he had been tinkering with the compound under a microscope and applying various chemical mixes to samples of it.

 

Thinking back, it should have been obvious that Wilma was going to use it on herself, but at the time, he really thought she was just looking to do the right thing by her former employer.  Iggy scanned the ground, treading as lightly on his feet as a fox in a lion’s den, for fear he might accidentally crush his love underfoot.

 

He finally checked his room, where Wilma was laying, slightly dazed and feeling herself up from inside her outfit.  But when she saw her massive boyfriend arrive checking the floor, she scrambled from her clothing to give him a hug.  Ignatius wasn’t having any of it.  He got down to the ground on his knees, looking down at his miniscule girlfriend.

 

“Wilma, what the hell were you thinking?  You know I don’t have a way to bring you back yet!  How could you do something that dangerous?”

 

“But honey…”

 

“Don’t ‘but honey’ me!  You knew exactly what you were doing!  What if something had gone wrong?  What if I hadn’t found you before… before…”

 

“Iggy, relax and listen!  I’m going to be fine.  I believe in you.  I might be small, but I trust you.  Now stop making a scene.  I brought Gabby over.”

 

Iggy’s eyes widened, looking around the floor unable to see the shrunken woman.  Fearing the worst, he started checking under his hands and feet until Wilma said,

 

“The dresser, honey.”

 

Looking up at the dresser and seeing his guest safe and sound, he let out a sigh of relief.  He picked up Wilma as delicately as he could.  Placing her on the dresser next to Gabby, Iggy spoke.

 

“Um… hello, miss.  I assume Wilma asked you about our offer to let you stay until you’re back on your feet.  Wait, did Wilma even ask you about that before she shrank herself?  Wilma, please tell me you didn’t kidnap this woman and hold her here without asking her first!”

 

“Don’t worry, Iggy.  She said yes!”

 

“If I’m not too much of a burden…”

 

“Don’t even talk like that!  You can hang out here as long as you like.”

 

Teddy was initially frustrated and angry when he got served divorce papers.  But after a few drunken nights of pleasure, he either stopped caring or simply forgot about it entirely once his lawyers started taking care of all the work.  But at that point, Gabby didn’t really care what Teddy felt.  She was free from him and in the long run, that was all that mattered.

 

The divorce settlement eventually ended with Gabby reclaiming exactly what was in her personal account before she shrunk, as well as her portfolio, but not much else.  The lawyer managed to snatch the mansion out from underneath her, though her personal belongings as well as items inherited from her father were eventually returned to her after some negotiating.

 

As for her workplace injury lawsuit, using her funds to keep her lawyers active, she eventually won the suit with a hefty lump sum settled out of court.

 

With Gabby’s newly reclaimed wealth, she and Iggy started their own pharmaceutical research company.  They’re hardly the biggest company in the world, but they’re on the rise.  With a few exclusive patents under their belts, things are looking up for them.  The search for a remedy for her condition is still being worked on, but it’s hardly the priority for her right now.  After all, Wilma didn’t seem to mind her condition, using it to spend some extra time with her boyfriend during work hours.  And life hasn’t been this good for Gabby in a long time.

 

Maybe someday she would return to normal, but until then, everything was going to be just fine.

 

Chapter End Notes:

After a few rewrites, and a couple hours fighting the submission system to make it actually take my sumbission, I finally got this up and running.  I think you all for your patience and I'm sorry for the wait.