- Text Size +

Gabriella was getting prepared for the new help to arrive.  Ever since Teddy had started making more money, he had decided to use some of the extra money to hire a maid to perform some of the tasks and chores he was no longer doing and that she couldn’t do.


On paper, Wilma Frost seemed like the perfect maid.  She had several years of experience in housekeeping, specializing in upkeep of larger homes.  One of Gabriella’s friends had recommended her highly.  She even prepared a list of protocols to follow to keep a shrunken person safe upon learning about her condition.  Yet she couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off about Wilma.


Maybe it was the fact that neither she nor Teddy had ever gotten to meet her.  Every communication had been through Gabby’s friend.  Maybe it was the fact that she had no reservations about taking care of the house even despite the circumstances.  Gabriella thought that, in Wilma’s position, she would have far more questions about having to take care of a woman no bigger than a baby carrot in addition to maintaining a mansion as large as this.


Or maybe because she had seen exactly how much of a looker this woman actually was.  Her long black hair tied in a ponytail, her pretty little maid outfit with a pretty generous cleavage window, and her skirt only barely covered her generous backside, and hid none of her nylon-clad legs.  She wanted to trust Teddy, and didn’t think that he would come on to Wilma, but Teddy was no slouch in the looks department either.  Teddy was built like a brick house.  Between his broad shoulders, his developed pectorals, his toned legs, and his magnificent glutes, you would think Gabby had married him as a trophy husband.  Even if Teddy didn’t come on to Wilma, there was no guarantee that she wouldn’t come on to him.


She tried to shake these thoughts from her head, but the process of hiring her happened very quickly.  Instead of an interview, her friend had insisted that they give her one day as their maid.  That if they only saw her in action, that we would be so blown away that they would hire her on the spot.  And Teddy had agreed to this.  Gabriella objected, but Teddy and her friend outvoted her.  


She heard the front door open downstairs.  Wilma must already be in the house.  As per the safety protocol Wilma proposed, Gabriella was going to stay in her room until the cleaning was completed.  After she and her husband had finished lunch, they would spend time in the living room while Wilma finished cleaning Gabby’s room.


She had to admit, it sounded like a good plan.  And then pictures her friend had showed her of the level of attention to detail she gave to her work were certainly nothing to sneeze at.  Six foot statues were polished from top to bottom.  Luxury rugs were perfectly dry cleaned.  Marble pillars so well shined you could see your reflection in them.  She was a person well versed in her craft.


Time passed as Gabriella tried to keep herself occupied.  As she fantasized about how wonderful her house was going to look, she heard the doorknob shake.  That was bizarre.  Wlima wasn’t supposed to be cleaning this room for another three hours, and certainly not before preparing lunch.  


Things got worse as Wilma started taking the sheets off her bed.  She knocked Gabriella to the ground as she pulled the fitted sheet from the bed.  She stood up a bit dazed, ready to give this ditz a piece of her mind, but then she looked up at the massive maid monument in front of her.  Gabby hadn’t been on the floor since coming back from the hospital.  She had never seen a giant at their full height before, and quickly got overwhelmed.  As she was panicking about what to do, Wilma’s phone rang.


“Hello, Iggy?  Hey!  I can’t really take your call right now.  I’m in the middle of that new couple I’ve started helping.  Yeah, that one!  It really sucks what happened to them.  At least the husband doesn’t seem to let it get to him.”


Gabriella was upset at this assertion.  What did she mean Teddy wasn’t ‘letting this get to him’?  Her husband had been supportive of her through everything!  Her feelings from before Wilma arrived were starting to well back up.  Was she trying to sneak her way into their relationship?  She must have barged in to show that she’s the new head of this household!  Well, that wasn’t going to fly with Gabby.  Her rage was starting to devour her common sense as she heard Wilma continue.


“Yeah, apparently even after what happened, he still managed to find a job that worked for him.  No, I haven’t seen the happy couple yet.  I really want to.  Especially the wife.  It must really take a lot of courage to stay with your husband even as he shrinks away.  Now that’s a loving relation!”


The gears in Gabby’s head start turning as she realizes what happened.  Apparently, her friend hadn’t been terribly clear with the instructions, and Wilma got it in her head that Teddy is the one that shrunk.  She must think this is the bedroom that isn’t in use, and that’s why she’s cleaning it now.  She let out a sigh of relief.


But that came with another startling revelation.  If she thought this room wasn’t in use, she has no reason to believe a tiny person might be in here.  She has no reason to watch where she was going or what she was doing.


“Alright Iggy!  I’m going to let you go.  I have some vacuuming I need to get done.  I’ll call you when I get off work.  Love you, honey.  Mwah!  Bye!”


Now that Gabby knew what the problem was, she could finally get her attention and get out of this horrible situation.  She followed the towering maid as she made her way to the door.

 

Wait.  Did she say vacuuming?

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

How will Gabriella escape this situation?  Will she be able to get Wilma's attention in time?  Tune in next time to find out.

So this was an interesting one.  A little set up for some unaware fun.  Also, a lot of feedback I've received from a number of different sources was curious about what Teddy looked like, so I'll sprinkle a few descriptors here and there to help craft a more complete picture in your head.