- Text Size +

The Grand Evelynnian Solescape was the largest faction of Evelynn's right foot and the 2nd largest in the Kingdom. It also had the largest military in the Kingdom, though it wasn't as advanced as most of the forces on the left foot. The Grand Evelynnian Solescape, often just called Solescape, had a large army as it was intended to intervene in conflicts between other factions in order to prevent larger wars from occurring. This had varying levels of success throughout the factions history, but they still saw themselves as the "Protectors Of Peace" for the kingdom. The capital of Solescape was the bustling city of Ridgeton, located near the center of Solescape deep within a ridge of Evelynn's sole, hence the name. It was home to over 80% of the population of Solescape, including the base of its military operations, and as a result the majority of Solescape was uninhabited, with a few rural communities sprinkled throughout. This gave the Solescape military plenty of places to conduct various exercises, and learn the various harsh terrains of the Kingdom to prepare for potential conflict. Ridgeton had some of the few modern amenities available within the kingdom, many citizens actually had electricity and vehicles, not common luxuries on the right foot.


Solescape was located just below the Great Archway, which was a smaller faction but much wealthier, easily the wealthiest faction of the right foot. This was because the Archway was home to the Sweat Filtering Facility, an enormous facility that as you may have guessed was capable of turning Evelynn's sweat into drinking water. This was the only such facility in the kingdom, as the method it used to filter the sweat into water was an extremely well kept secret. The people of Evelynnia could survive off of sweat instead of water, but this was seen as a degrading thing and sweat was practically useless for cleaning. The Archway and Solescape had a very tight alliance, probably the closest of any 2 factions in the kingdom. Since the Archway's economy relied virtually entirely on the Sweat Filtering Facility, it needed to be heavily guarded, so in exchange for cheaper water Solescape agreed to provide military security for the facility.


Chloe was a general in the Solescape army, and one of the best they had to offer. She had spent the last several years leading a border patrol squadron at the border between Solescape and Right Heelton, an impoverished faction of the kingdom that was considered to be one of the more dangerous factions in terms of causing a potential war. It was a very demanding job, but under Chloe's leadership the amount of illegal crossings was the lowest it had been in decades, and the higher ranking generals in the Solescape army took notice. They decided to promote Chloe to lead the security force for the Sweat Filtering Facility, a highly sought after job. Chloe beamed with pride as she traveled to the Archway via plane, an unheard of luxury on the right foot. Air travel was very rarely used, and when it was it was typically by the wealthier people living on the left foot, but there were 2 operational planes on the right foot, and Chloe had earned the privilege of flying to her new job. She looked out the window of the small plane and gazed upon the landscape of the kingdom. She had never been this high up before, seeing the wavy ridges of Evelynn's foot was breathtakingly beautiful, she could hardly believe what she was seeing. Chloe was almost disappointed when the plane finally landed at the small landing strip near the Sweat Filtering Facility, but her smile quickly returned once she got a good look at the facility for the first time. It was an absolutely enormous structure, miles and miles of pipes going in and out of the building, and dozens of tanker trucks filled with water whizzed past her as they drove all over the kingdom making deliveries. She could faintly see in the distance a giant waterfall of sweat being poured into the facility preparing to be filtered. It was almost a more stunning sight than her flight. But she knew she had a job to do and quickly composed herself.


Chloe met with Elaine, the Princess of the Archway. Elaine was an inexperienced leader, and being given the task of operating such an enormous facility that was absolutely crucial to life in the kingdom was putting an immense amount of stress on her. The odds of the facility being attacked by an enemy faction was low but never zero, so having a strong security force was still seen as a priority. "An honour to meet you, your majesty" said Chloe, giving a quick bow as she first met Elaine in her palace, which was located right beside the facility. "Bowing isn't necessary, I don't really care too much about all that, y'know, fancy stuff. You can just call me Elaine" she said bluntly. Chloe wasn't used to a leader of a faction speaking so casually, but it was a nice breath of fresh air after working with Queen Marlian, the leader of the Solescape, for so many years as she was very peculiar about proper etiquette and always addressing a leader as majesty or highness. Chloe had grown tired of it, but of course as a military general she could never show it. "I've seen your track record as a border patrol leader. It's impressive, at least I've been told it's impressive, I don't know a whole lot about military stuff. But my staff says you're one of the best Solescape has to offer, I'm looking forward to working with you" said Elaine. "Likewise, I think we'll work well together" smiled Chloe. Chloe couldn't help but be enamored by Elaine. She was young, one of the youngest leaders in the kingdom, and immensely beautiful. Elaine was leaning back in her chair, her feet placed up on her desk. Royals were usually expected to wear high quality gowns and high heeled boots, but Elaine was wearing tights, a plain t-shirt and sneakers. Normally Chloe wouldn't want her direct superior to be so laid back since she had an important job to do, but there was something about Elaine that made her completely ignore that. Elaine noticed Chloe's distracted glance at her, and pretended she didn't see it. "Uhm, anyway, the other general we currently have leading the security squad isn't leaving until the end of the week, so you have a few days to get settled in. If you want I can arrange a guided tour of the facility or something" she said. Chloe snapped out of her trance. "Oh, right, uh. No I think I'll pass on the tour for now, I'm pretty tired from the travel. If you could just show me to my quarters I'd really appreciate that" replied Chloe. Elaine nodded and got up from her desk. She was slightly taller than Chloe, which surprised Chloe as she was already quite tall.


Chloe followed Elaine into an elevator down to the bottom floor of her palace. She led her down a large corridor and into a well furnished apartment. "This is your place. You got full electricity and even plumbing. Food and water is provided free of charge. Is there anything else you need?" asked Elaine as she showed Chloe her new place. Chloe had already seen so many incredible sights today, but this was by far the nicest living space she had ever had. Her first home back in Ridgeton had electricity, but barely enough to power more than a couple lightbulbs, and indoor plumbing? Was she dreaming? "Uhm, no, no this is good. More than good. Thank you so much" she said, grabbing Elaine's hand and shaking it vigorously. "Ha, settle down" chuckled Elaine. Chloe smiled and nodded and sat down on her new couch. It was the most comfortable thing she had ever felt. Chloe sighed with pleasure as she leaned back in it. "Comfy right? It's made from the finest toejam, imported straight from Big Toe-ronto. It's expensive but its so worth it" explained Elaine as she also sat down beside Chloe. Elaine removed her sneakers and placed her socked feet on the footrest in front of the couch. "My socks are made from the same toejam. It's like I'm walking on clouds. Go ahead, feel" she said, moving her left leg towards Chloe. Chloe looked at Elaine, speechless. She carefully stroked Elaine's sock with the back of her hand. "Holy shit that's soft" she muttered. Elaine giggled quietly. "Like I said Chloe, if there's anything else you need..." Elaine said, a bit more cheekily this time.