- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I've decided to shorten the sewer chapter idea, since I figured a whole chapter about that would probably be pretty boring.
I fly along in this dark, metallic enclosed space, a mix of clean water from the toilet and what's previously been expelled around me, I feel warm, but yet cold at the same time, the coldness of the outer pipes somewhat reflecting the chilliness outside of this cold fall season, I feel myself rushing along with it, and then, some type of drop, like a weightless like feeling, some type of turn, and then I'm falling, along with the rest of the waste, just free falling.


I land with a splatter, and then, among the rest of the waste, I'm now in the sewer system, it's pretty big compared to the pipes I was just in, more space to move around, I'm rushing along with it all, there's some lighting as we move, from a little bit shown through the open rain drains, the light shining besides the lined up shadows from the metal grates, giving me a glimpse of the outside world, seemingly though we're in suburbia still, judging by the sounds of cars passing by and a lawnmower sounding like it's cutting grass.

The waste, which at this point, is mostly water, I've been noticing other stuff have been added into it as we go, more waste too, but seeming bath and shower water, judging by the faint smell of shampoo too, though I can't really make out the exact scent of it though, just a vague hint.


The flow keeps going and going and going, I get the realization that I might end up going out to the river or a treatment plant, shortening my chances to ever get back home, the thought greatly sticks out in my mind, and I try to swim over, even though everything's just about up to my knees in liquid, and the flow is pretty quick. I see some steps and a manhole cover, what I think is the bottom of it, I quickly trudge to the side, trying to get a grab onto the concrete barrier of the sides of the sewer, seemingly a ledge.

I flow closer and closer towards it, getting my jump ready, as soon as I'm in distance, I reach my hand out and grab onto it, and use my body weight to throw myself on top of it, and I do, somewhat completely successfully.

"Finally" I say, trying to catch my breath, it's completely loud in here, the sound of everything rushing behind me, I can barely hear myself think. I feel somewhat dirty, after being in all that filth for the last forty five minutes, if I had to make a guess, it felt somewhat like a eternity for me, I look at the metal bar steps above me, seemingly covered in brown, it's pretty rusty, but I'll have to make it work in order to leave this place, the bars as about as long as a park bench and as big as a door to me, the spaces between them, I'd have to probably use all my might to jump, it seems like I could make it if I tried. The smell of the sewer is really starting to get to me now, since I'm not as used to it anymore due to the fact that I'm out of that disgusting flowing mess, my pants and the bottom of my jacket seemingly stained, but I really don't care all that much at this point, all I'm thinking about is getting back home.

I climb onto the bottom step, these steps are round and tubular, but stable enough on the top of them that I can basically just stand on it without worrying too much about my balance. I firm up my stance a bit more, and make another jump, reaching out my right arm to grab onto the next bar, and it works. The higher I get, the more I hear the sounds of outside and the world around me, compared to rushing of the sewer below me, step by step.

I eventually make it towards the manhole cover, there's holes around the inside of it, a small slit through the edge, small enough that I could possibly fit through, I project myself through it, using the final step as a launching pad and jumping, the smell of fresh air seemingly rewarding throughout all of what I've been through these last couple of hours. It's probably around seven o'clock or so, judging by the golden sunset in the sky, the road being somewhat clear, we're seemingly still in Buffalo, judging by the fact there's a "40 MPH" sign right out to sidewalk, it's still pretty cold outside, contrast the warmness inside the sewer, that also being a shock to me, the fall here in Upstate New York feeling much more colder to me than back home in Seattle.

I look behind me, there's a SUV coming, off in the distance, it's black and looks like it's a Ford Explorer, maybe about three or four years old, my surroundings are pretty much shops and some fast food places and the like, everyone else seemingly too focused on whatever their doing to even notice, I attempt to move out of the way, it seemingly speeding, the fact I've survived everything else during this weird trip is crazy to me, but I really rather not test out getting ran over, to be completely honest with you.

I run out to the other side of the road, the black SUV rushing past me, the wind from it sending me in the air, I start to scream but quickly stop, along with me are multi-colored leaves too, I notice. I think we're in Elmwood Village, a neighborhood in Buffalo. As I fly in the air another car rushes past, a red four door Mazda with it's back window's down, I end up flying into the backseat, landing on the floor, it's seemingly clean, as if it's been dry-cleaned sometime in the past.

The radio is playing a song I only know from hanging out with Tim back in high-school, "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" by Brand New, I wonder who this is, I know it can't be Tim himself, he's still living in Seattle, and it sounds somewhat female too.

The voice screaming/singing along to the lyrics, sounding vaguely familiar, although it's hard to tell with the music turned up loud. I attempt to get up off of the floor, the car, but I end up rolling under the seat and towards under the feet and the legs of the driver, their seemingly wearing New Balances, which look exactly like the same kind my Coworker would wear, Ashlyn, even the same grey scuff on the bottom of the heel to prove it. I start to think of this as my possible ticket home, somehow.


"WASTING WORDS ON LOWERCASES AND CAPITALS" Ashlyn screams out, at the top of her lungs, seemingly her voice isn't all that well suited for it, but she manages.

The song ends and I hear the clicking of a button, Ashlyn seemingly changing the station, I had no idea such a preppy chick, was into that type of music, you'd get more of a Britney Spears or Jennifer Lopez listener vibe from her at work, but after all, looks can be deceiving as I've noticed. I hear her slow breathing and just the hum of the car, seemingly turning it off I'm assuming.

She stops, sending me rolling back towards the seats, the wind making the car even colder due to the draft coming through them.

I hear the passing of another car, and then she goes. I remember one day at work Ashlyn mentioning something about living in Elmwood Village, living with her parents, still, I realize that's she's probably my only ticket to go back home, and that realization hits me so hard right now, since the bank is right down the street from my apartment, either I spend the night in her car, or I follow her in somehow, I really don't want to alert her either though but I also don't want to spend a cold night in her car also, so I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

The car jolts forward, again, and then it takes a sharp right turn, onto a street, making me slide over the bottom seat adjuster.


"I wonder what mom made for dinner tonight, I honestly hope she's making Hamburger Helper like she said she would" she says, seemingly thinking out loud.

The car slows down and turns into something, seemingly a driveway. I start to think about my plan, to somehow get into her house and avoid being caught, in someway.

I hear her take the keys out of the ignition, the car shutting off, and I hear the door open, with a pretty loud creaking sound, she gets out, and closes the door. I hear her foot steps as she leaves, heading towards the house.

It's just me in the car now, I climb out from under the seat, and out near the petals, I look back up, wondering how I'm going to climb onto the cloth seat, the car seemingly made in the nineties, I make the jump from the floor to the seat, climbing onto it. I can somewhat smell her scent on it still, a fruity smell, it's starting to get more dark outside, as I can notice, the sound of an Owl hooting in the background, although it sounds pretty distant.


I climb up onto the door, using the handle as something to hold onto, lucky for me, she didn't close her car door all the way, so there's a pretty good sized cap I could slip out of near the bottom of of the door, I jump down and land on the floor, feet first luckily. And I slip through the small crack, being introduced to the pavement driveway, and how chilly it feels against the cool night air.

I get a good look at the neighborhood, it's surrounded by trees and the surrounding houses are in a colonial style fashion, cars lined up, parking on the street.

I run towards the open garage, I wonder why Ashlyn didn't park inside it, and as I get closer I realize there's only room for two cars in it, not seemingly a three car garage like how it used to be back home.

I make it in, I hear the chatter going on inside, seemingly a deep older male voice, and a older though pretty much higher pitched female voice. I walk through the slightly open crack of the door.

I'm greeted to warmness, but also the washroom, the sound of the dryer seemingly going off, the room's dark, but I can see the light of the kitchen shining into it.

I walk out, though my back against the baseboard, it's about as tall as me.

I walk through the smaller hallway, the floor being tile, there's a bar along with the kitchen, and the living room TV playing some movie, I can't exactly tell what it is but I can point out the voice of Tom Cruise. I guess her mom did cook Hamburger Helper, since I can smell the scent of beef cooking in the air.

"But yeah dad, it's fine, there's no need to worry about it, my Coworkers are nice" Ashlyn says, I can hear her feet slapping against the floor, I poke my head out from the side, she's wearing just a regular grey t-shirt and some grey shorts, nothing really revealing or anything along those lines.


"Alright then, if you say so" Her father says, sounding somewhat gruff.

I sneak from the hallway to under the bar, from here I can just see feet and legs, and the back of the couch.

"I swear I just saw something move" I hear the older female voice says.


"It's nothing, Helen, you just probably saw a dust bunny, we oughta clean up the house anyways" Her father says, he's wearing flip flops and Khakis, guy's legs are pretty hairy.

They go on about their family dinner routine, Helen mentioning something about wishing Will was still living at home instead of moving out, I think Ashlyn mentioned something about having a older brother who lived out in Rhode Island with his girlfriend, this was a couple of months ago, so that must of been Will.

As I sneak around during dinner, I end up on the foot of Ashlyn, her accidently stepping on me, luckily I just stick to her foot and she doesn't notice, she drops a piece of garlic bread, that I ended up falling onto.


As she picked up the garlic bread, I was already pretty much covered by cheese at this point, a quirk of her being that she puts parmesan cheese on her garlic bread, so I just got buried in it.


She puts the bread in her mouth, it all feels like slow motion at this point, I notice her teeth starting to chew, I know my fate is pretty much inevitable at this point, so I don't try to do anything to get her to throw up, I get softly gnawed on, but not actually enough to do any damage, besides a couple of rips on my clothes, I see her throat starting to open up, and me and the rest of the chewed up bread and the cheese flakes fall down it, her throat's a little bit less smaller compared to Danielle's.


I plop in, and the biggest thing I notice is, her stomach is working way harder than I remember Danielle's being.

"Great, third time's the charm" I mention, realizing I might be in more danger this time.
Chapter End Notes:
I may not be able to write another chapter until around to the twenty something of this month, due to work stuff, so don't be worried that I quit writing the story or whatever, because I'm not done yet, I've got about five more chapters planned.