- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy! 

I began to walk back towards the city. I wanted to put this whole entire day behind me, I wanted to forget about the friends I had lost today. The pain was all to familiar and I hated it. But with every step I took I was remind by the ever consuming presents behind me, with the booming of massive footsteps that almost knocked me off balance and expanding shadow that darkened my surroundings. 


"You can't follow me!" I shouted as I turned towards my giant friend Penelope herself, who in turn looked down at me from up above. 


"What?" She asked as if she where not expecting such words to come from out of my mouth. 


"Penelope you must've known what I would say if you where to follow me." I said. "You are a giantess and I am a man. We are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Enemies."


I hated every word spoken, because no matter how hard I thought I couldn't imagine Penelope becoming my enemy. 


Penelope slowly got on her knees and looked at me with her massive eyes. "Braden... I would never call myself your enemy." She said as if such a possibility was absolute and unquestionable. 


"I would never hurt you, you know that don't you?" Penelope extended her giant hand towards me and I shuddered in fright that I couldn't entirely hide. Seeing my reaction Penelope stopped herself. 


"I'm going to ask you a question, and you need to answer em honestly." 


"Ok..." Penelope said in confusion. 


"How many men have you killed?" I asked even though I deep down I didn't want to know the answer. 


From down below I could see Penelope's massive eyes shudder, she stopped moving completely as if she where frozen and for a while she didn't say a single word. 


"Braden I..." 


"Don't..." I said interrupting her still forming sentence." "Don't lie to me." 


Penelope let loose a loud gull as sweat formed on her forehead. 


"To many..." she said quietly. "To many to count." 


I step away and reveal a fake smile. "Just as I thought, and you think that I can trusts you?" I asked with ridicule. "So much blood is in your hands and now you want to follow me to one of the last safe havens of mankind?! I yelled forgetting for a moment that I was yelling up at a hint that could kill me with the lease amount of effort. 


"I don't trust you, and I will not in danger my brothers. You hear me?!" I said pointing my finger up towards Penelope's 


"BOOM!" 


I was thrown back as a strong and powerful force pushed against my chest. I fell to the ground rolling and when I finally came to a complete stop regaining my senses as well I notice something in front of me, something big, long and strong enough to leave a massive hole in the ground.


I let loose a gasp as I bore witness to a giant fist standing in the middle of a huge crater. 


I look up at Penelope whose face was only a few inches away from me. If I wanted to I could reach up and touch her cheeks, her dirty

Blond hair was draped over me, creating a barrier of gold. 


"If I wanted you dead..." Penelope said her breath blowing through my hair. "You would be dead. I could step of you with my feet, I could squeeze you to death with my hands, heck I could even drown you in my saliva." Penelope stands up to her full height revealing her all powerful might. "I could end your life in a million ways Braden, and yet." 


Is stood completely still not daring to love an inch. 


"And yet. She continued. "I would never hurt you." 


I open my eyes wide in surprise. "Braden I have done terrible things, but the men I killed where the men who tried to kill me and left me no choice." 


"A-are you trying to make an excuse." I said struggling to get the words from out of my mouth.


Penelope shakes her head. "No because I know  that what I did was still wrong and yet I would do it all again..." 


I almost felt appalled to hear such things. I was about to yell but as Penelope held up one finger , I knew I should stop. 


"I would do it all again if it meant meeting you, or anyone else from my past."


I started blush ever so slightly as embarrassment filled my body. 


"You listen to me Braden and you listen good." Penelope revealed to me her stubborn look which I had seen many times before. "I'm will not leave you ever, you understand?" She asked with a serious tone as if she where my mother. 


I turn away to hide my embarrassment. I couldn't help but smile. "Yea whatever."

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234