- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy and check out more of the story on Patreon! 

https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234

In all of my days, and when I say that I mean my days in this apocalyptic waist land, I never would have guessed that I would be riding on the shoulder of a giantess. 


I sat hundreds of feet in the air, I sat on the shoulder of my best friend Penelope. Honestly I wasn't good with heights, so I made sure to fasten a golden strand of hair around my waist, I even grabbed a few and held on to it like a rope. Penelope didn't Seem to mind as she continued to walk towards the hidden city of Endsby. 


On our way we talked about both of our lives. I told Penelope about my friend Lyan, about how he sacrificed his life for me. I told her about my time on the road, about how I survived by myself, and of course on my time in Endsby, the training I took to become a Emerald knight and so on and so on. 


Penelope told me a few things about her life as well. She told about the ten cities of the giantesses that occupied the whole world. She told me about how she was a scavenger for the city of Haru, with regret she told me how it was her job to capture and in prison any man that she found. She was also a city guard. 


"So that means that you are a impressive fighter." I said with a smirk. 


Penelope giggled which caused me to hold on a little tighter to her hair. 


"It take a lot more to become a city guard." Penelope said as she turned her massive head and looked towards me.


"Like what?" I asked sincerely interested. 


"One needs to be able to control it..." 


I wanted to ask about what she was talking about, but from up above I saw it in the distance. The city of Endsby. 


"Get down!" I shouted into the giant ear that stood next to me.


My stomach dropped as Penelope quickly got down on her knees and hid behind one of the tall trees that stood a few miles away from the city. 


The truth of the matter was that I didn't really think about what I was going to say to the captain of the Emerald knights Peter. The very idea of a giantess on the side of man, well the very idea seemed ridiculous and insane. 


"What are we going to do?" Penelope asked in a whisper. 


"I should go alone and talk to Peter about this whole situation." I said. 


"I don't feel good about leaving you by yourself, what happens if they decide to hurt you?" Penelope asked with worry.


"Don't worry..." I said patting Penelope's cheek. 


I dig in my right pocket and pull out a small device that could easily fit in my hands. To Penelope it would be almost like a speck. 


"We will use this." I said holding up the small device in front of Penelope's gaze. 


Penelope extended her giant finger towards me and I carefully placed the device on her finger, the device which almost looked like a speck in comparison to Penelope's massive body. 


"This is a small communicator that will allow us to keep in contact." 


"I can barely see it." Penelope said while squinting. 


"I know but try to keep it close to your ear. It's a powerful communication device that will amplify my voice to such a degree that even a giantess can hear. 


I could see the uncertainty in Penelope's eyes as she nodded her head in agreement. 


"Don't move from here not until I give you the signal." 


I climbed inside of Penelope's hand. 


"You will come back for me, won't you? Penelope asked with a shaky voice. 


I smile and hold up my thumb. "Don't worry I won't abandon you." 

***


I walked through the city streets of Endsby. Every step I took seemed heaver and heaver, as extreme pressure was placed on my shoulders. 


I had to convince Peter, the leader of the emerald knights that Penelope wasn't a threat, that we could trust her. But how could I do such a thing when I didn't fully believe such a thing.


I made it to the middle of the city and stood before the giant tower made out of  emerald diamonds, the meeting place of the Emerald knights. 


"It's now or never." I said as I walked through the giant towering doors. 


I walked as fast as I could through the greenish corridors. I wanted this over with as fast as over and as I neared the meeting room of the emerald Knights. 


"I have returned captain." I said as I stepped into the wide room filled with the 10 leaders the city of Endsby. 


Peter smiled and got up from his seat. "Braden thank god you are ok!" Peter walked towards me and placed both of his hands on both of my shoulders. "After Cody's report we assumed the worst." 


I let out a small chuckle. "Cody would probably wished that I were dead. But I'm afraid not even he can be that lucky." 


Peter backs away and shakes his head and smiles. "You now stand before the councils of Emerald 10, please tell us what happened to you. 


I felt nerves for this was the first time I had stood before the council of 10. 


"I will tell you my story, but please, please keep an open mind."

Chapter End Notes:

Please support me on Patreon! 

https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234