- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

More story progression for this chapter. Very minor in the kink department. That said there is some size antics sprinkled in here and there. 
Also fair warning for the closing part of this chapter as there is a rather bloody, no size related massacre. Maya snaps and everyone a potential victim, big or small. I don't follow the rules, I just make them.
Other than that I do hope you enjoy. This is one of my longest chapters written in general so I'm quite pleased with it. 

"And how about these?" Lyza asked as she drew forth more pictures from her desk. "Any of these salvageable?"

Six took one look at the fashion disasters and already had the answer needed. "Not in the slightest."

Lyza rubbed her temples to sooth a quickly forming headache. Six's help, though unexpected, helped to ease much of the towering designers tension. Unfortunately not all of it could be erased as many of her own employees continued to produce one failure after another. Were she to present them to the world they would no doubt be flops in the grandest sense of the word.

"God, why is the world filled with so many idiots these days?" Lyza had ceased with drinking coffee, now moving to rely on red wine she kept hidden around her office for the more stressful days. And today was turning out to be one of them.

Six on the other hand was enjoying himself, as odd as it may seem. Lyza has bothered him less then she ever has before, no doubt as thanks for his contribution to her work load. He's never been one for fashion nor has he really ever had an eye for it. Six only knew what he had learned from art courses. Though it would seem that even his limited talent was still better than the many "professionals" that worked under Lyza.

"Common sense." Six said simply. "It's what everyone lacks. I've always been of the mind that everyone, everywhere is trying to think too big too fast. Nobody takes their time anymore."

Lyza slammed her fist into the desk, an approving grin on her face. Six was beginning to suspect that maybe she's had one too many drinks. "Right!? It takes time to build something great! It can't be done overnight! But so many people don't wanna deal with even an ounce of patience. It's so...so..."

"Frustrating?" Six finished as he sat down on one of the more recent, more bearable, photos. From the looks of things it appeared as though Lyza wasn't going to be able to finish her own sentence. As such, Six did it for her.

"Yes..." Lyza confirmed. "Frustrating...so very frustrating."

Lyza rested her feet upon her desk, not even aware of the effect they had on Six. Shining black heels that towered over the Betas miniscule frame. No matter how many times he was in front of them they always had an intimidating presence. Six has been stepped on a fair amount of times, sometimes even by Lyza. Those times were when she was aware of what she was doing however. When one wasn't aware, leaving their body to do as it pleased, then the story was different. The threat was different. The message was different.

To a Beta so small it may as well be that they didn't even exist to one so large. Daunting and terrifying.

And worse still, Lyza didn't appear to be in the most clear of minds.

Six tried to catch his breath, at least as well as he could with his odd form. "W-well...I’m glad I could be of some help then..."

Lyza clutched her head, doing her best to nurse her growing headache. But through the pain it was clear that she was smiling. When she turned to face Six it wasn't with her usual, condescending face different. "Believe me Six, were it not for you then my day would have been so much worse."

Usually when Lyza smiled at Six it was akin to how an owner would smile at a pet. Most times it was, in a way, demeaning. Other times it was foreboding, like an omen for what was to come as a result of one of her usual games. This time though felt different. It felt genuine. Six wasn't sure if it was the alcohol that affected her feelings, but he felt as if she really did appreciate his help.

It made him feel...good. And he didn't know how to properly process that.

Lyza reached for a drawer, steadying herself in her seat so she wouldn't have to lift her feet off the desk. She was dangerously close to falling from her seat, her mind likely not even considering the poor balance she was in. Six actually had to take a few cautionary steps back as Lyza’s heels constantly repositioned themselves to better help with her search. Luckily nothing bad came from it all and not long after did she pulled out what she was looking for. A large, black box with a golden lock on it.

"I'd ask if you smoke Six. Buuuut..." Lyza pointed out Six's lack of a mouth, causing the Beta to cross his arms in annoyance.

"Really?" He asked. "Insulting me after I helped you?"

Lyza chuckled at her own insult before opening the box and retrieving its contents, a long golden cigarette holder. Hand crafted and in pristine condition. "No need to get defensive Six. Was only a joke."

After fixing herself a smoke Lyza took a long, admittedly exaggerated puff before exhaling across her desk while also making sure to spare Six of the scent. Immediately she felt any lingering tension lessen and her headache dull.

She wasn't an avid smoker, only ever having had experience thanks to her parents; her mother specifically. Already feeling the effects of drinking a few too many cups glasses of wine Lyza saw no reason as to why she shouldn't indulge herself in some savory tobacco. In fact she was more the eager to mix the two to better deal with the day. Normally she would worry about her image and how best to keep it but right now she couldn't bring herself to care.

"The world is full of idiots Six." She reminded with another drag. "And whether you're the size of a bug or a regular human you should never forget that so long as you got a good head on your shoulders then you should never follow in those footsteps."

Six was confused, trying to understand just what it was Lyza was trying to say. He wasn't even sure if she fully knew what she was saying.

"Um...okay?" Yeah. He was lost.

Lyza let out an exasperated sigh, a cloud of smoke shooting from her mouth and blanketing Six. From his perspective it was as if he was being judged by some fiery divine being.

"I'm saying that your smart." Lyza explained as she shook the ashes off of her holder. "And even if you're a pest at that size you still got a good head on your shoulder."

So she was complimenting him. Six...didn't know how to process that as well. Usually when she complimented him it was to say that he was a good toy or otherwise. And while she did call him a best it was followed by her admitting he was intelligent.

Lyza’s yellow eyes looked down on Six, waiting for whatever reaction he would have at her compliment. Nothing but him thinking over her words. She really didn't know what else to expect. Maybe she wanted appreciation returned her way. Give praise receive praise. A selfish yet simple desire.

Instead she got nothing but Six’s confused eyes. It almost made her regret her compliments. She wanted him to say something. To think of something.

Anything really.

"Y-you know those things can kill you right?" Six warned in a rather awkward tone of voice. He was nervous. And confused. So lost in both feelings in fact that he barely had time to move out of the way of more falling ash, only having a little fall on top of his head.

Lyza finished emptying the previous, burnt out contents before fixing herself some more. She was annoyed now, over the fact that Six, despite the big talk she's received from the Beta in the past and his sharp wit aiding her, was still able to break so quickly when something went against his sense of "normal".

"Worry about yourself Six." Lyza ordered in a rather monotone manner. “I’m not an addict. Got a fairly high tolerance to the stuff in fact. Really, I only ever do it when I'm stressed."

She was losing interest in Six. For a brief moment she felt as though she had a connection with him. One that was beyond torment and verbal banter. For a time she believed she could speak with Six as an equal, like she would with Maya, despite his size. But he shut down too quickly because of a single, stupid compliment.

She'd have to find a way of remedying that.

"So... we got any more clothes to fix?" Six asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Hmm?" Lyza was hardly paying attention as she thought of ways she could best break Six's shell. It wasn't until she was asked a second time did she acknowledge the Beta.

"Oh? Oh! The clothes..." Lyza took another puff, this time eliciting a few coughs as a result. "Yes, we still got some work to do. I'm hoping these clothes are my only concern for today but knowing my luck..."

A buzzer on Lyza’s desk drew her attention away from the conversation.

"Ma'am." A voice rang through a speaker. "You have a visitor."

"Of-fucking-course I do." Lyza muttered as she started to pack away the holder. A thought crossed her mind of whether or not she should hide Six away in the box. Ultimately she decided against it, believing the Beta competent enough to hide himself away for her.

"Send them in." Lyza instructed before turning her attention towards Six. "And you. Make yourself scarce."

"And how do you expect me to do that?" Six asked.

"Like this." Lyza, without so much as a second thought, slide her hand towards the Beta and pushed him closer towards the edge. He didn't have a moment to understand what was happening until after he was in free fall. After he collided with the hard marble floor, a painful but familiar experience, he dusted himself off, flipped Lyza the bird, and hid beneath her desk. It was as good a place as any.

Wonderful timing as well, as the moment Six hid away the sound of heels clacking against the floor was heard. Not long after Lyza’s office door flew open.

Six risked looking out from his spot to see who would just barge into Lyza’s office. What he saw was perhaps one of the most gorgeous women he's seen in his life.

Dressed in business attire the woman was of fair height, though not quite as tall as Lyza. Pink hair, obviously dyed, with blue eyes that helped to compliment it. Lush, red lips that Six focused on for far longer than he thought.

She was beautiful, no two ways about it. But there was a certain air around her that Six found… repulsive.

The woman walked to the desk, her open toed heels coming dangerously close to Six as she practically leaned of the structure.

"Just what my day needed..." Lyza said, her tone clearly annoyed. The visitor practically stared daggers into Lyza and she reached into her shirts pocket.

"You're splitting up!?" The woman practically shouted as she slammed a piece of previously folded paper on the desk.

Lyza overlooked the paper with a clear lack of interest, only smirking slightly when she remembered what it was exactly.

Her company, Vermont's Garments, had previously been in a partnership with another, Rosen Accessories. The partnership had persisted for years before Lyza took seat as head of her company, two years ago.

Right after her mother. The previous head, died. And after her death one of the first things Lyza did was figure out how to dissolve the partnership between the two companies. Only recently did she finally make progress.

"You have no right to do that!" The woman shouted again as she stomped her foot like a child throwing a tantrum. The stomp sent Six flying backwards as a resulting gust of wind forced pushed him.

"Can you please keep it down Lynette?" Lyza pleaded. "I have so many issues on my plate right now. How you're going to keep your company afloat is hardly one of them."

Between the two companies Vermont's Garments was the more successful. Rosen Accessories was brought from the ground up thanks to both it and the previous head.

"Mother would never have wanted you separate the businesses." Lynette hissed.

Lyza stood from her seat, glaring down at the shorter woman. "Mother's not here to stop me. She's not here to bail you out this time Lynette. Why mother thought you should run your own company is beyond me. She's the one who practically built it up for you while all you did was "test" out the resulting products." Lyza leaned closely, until she was only inches from Lynette’s face. "Unlike our dear dead mommy I'm not going to spoil you with whatever the hell you want. You already knew my terms."

Lynette stammered on her words, thinking back on to what she was offered. "Giving you ownership of both!? You're insane! Mother gave ME Rosen! Not you! You're only sitting on her seat because nobody else will!"

"That's because nobody fucking wanted it!" Lyza argued back, stomping her own foot as well and sending Six forward with yet another gust of wind. "By the time she died she'd already run out of ideas for anything even remotely new! She was running the company into the ground with outdated, overused thoughts! No one wanted a dying company. I'm the one who brought it back!"

"Some fucking good you've done yeah?" Lynette taunted with a grin. She pointed to Lyza’s office assigned coffee station. More specifically she pointed towards the pink cubes the business woman was forced to take on a daily basis. "Tell me, how do your employees feel knowing that their boss hordes that pink shit for herself?"

Lyza went quiet, her eyes narrowing to slits.

"Do they even know you horde it? Lynette continued. "Do they understand that if anyone's gonna turn into a bug in your company, it'll probably be you?"

"What are you getting at?" Lyza questioned, her previously annoyed tone now turning towards anger.

"What I'm 'getting at' is what your employees would think if they found out their boss was another pathetic Beta in waiting. One somehow more sad then the rest." Lynette crossed her arms in confidence as Lyza seemed to be deep in thought. Normally such a thing wouldn't be an issue. There were plenty of companies run by Betas these. Size doesn't equate to a lack of experience after all. Unfortunately for Lyza she made on crucial error at the beginning of her transition to power.

She labeled herself as an Alpha individual. Someone immune to the effects of shrinking. It was in the early months of the epidemic and the cause of it was still barely understood. Back then nobody wanted to work for a Beta. Lyza did the only sensible thing she could think of back then. She lied.

She labeled herself as an Alpha to ensure her company didn't suffer any losses just as she was beginning. She's taken great lengths to ensure that truth never came out.

It's what made Lyza appreciate Mayas particular skill set so much. That woman was a blessing when it came to silencing loose lips.

Were the truth to come out now, paired with how much powder she'd horde for herself thanks to her condition, it could very well ruin her. And as much as she hated Lynette, Lyza couldn't bring herself to set Mayas sights on her.

"Now while you're thinking about that toss in just how they'd FLOCK to work for a real Alpha." Lynette continued.

Lyza bit her tongue hard enough to draw blood. Lynette had that over her. Despite the elder sisters superior skills it was Lynette who had the natural advantage of being an Alpha. Not having to fear shrinking, and by extension not having to rely on that damned pink powder, offered more opportunities for her than it did for Lyza. And that infuriated her.

Lyza, who has worked nonstop since taking over her mother’s company, despite all her skills and knowledge, wouldn't be able to compete against her younger sister should the truth of her condition come out.

Lynette saw that she had won, through the simple fact that she could expose Lyza.

"Hey, don't worry." Lynette insisted in a manner befitting a mother speaking to a toddler. "I won't tell the world your secret if you keep true to mother wishes."

Lyza hated this. She hated her sister. But she couldn't risk it.

"Let me guess. Just like mother I'll pretty much be taking care of the two companies?" Lyza asked.

Lynette chuckled as she sat upon her sisters desk. "Of course!"

Down below Six was listening closely to the conversation above. It wasn't often he's seen Lyza pushed into a corner so quickly. What's more, he had no idea that Lyza had any siblings. In truth he knew very little of her family other than the fact that they owned one of the world’s most wealthy businesses.

The Vermont name was known worldwide, though it seemed there was trouble brewing behind the scenes for the big-name family.

Six stepped out from the desk as soon as Lynette sat upon it. He wasn't sure where'd he go, but if Lyza were to find herself in a foul mood after this conversation than he had no desire to be her punching bag.

"We got a deal big sis?" Lynette asked in a teasing manner, practically rocking her hips back and forth as she asked.

Lyza didn't have a choice, muttering under breath as she gave her answer. "It's a deal you spoiled brat..."

Not even caring about the insult Lynette retrieved the paper that would have separated hers and her sisters companies. She tore it in two, slowly, before Lyza’s eyes.

"That's all I wanted."

Lynette grabbed Lyza’s chin, pulling the elder sister close again. "No matter how successful you get bitch you'll always need me. Just like you needed mommy and daddy when they were still around. We're in this together whether you like it or not. Understand?"

Lyza said nothing, instead nodding as she pulled away.

"Super!", Lynette clapped her hands in joy. "I knew you'd come around to my way of thinking. Everyone eventually does."

Lynette was in no rush to leave her sisters office though, instead looking over the contents she sat on. The emptied glasses of wine was a clear tell of how tiring the day has been for her sister, and the lingering scent of tobacco was still in the air.

What caught her attention most though was the photos and alterations of several pieces of clothing.

"Oh my my my..." Lynette reached for a single photo before having her hand swatted away by Lyza, the latter scooping them up and organizing them before locking them away in her desk.

"Got something to hide?" Lynette questioned with a smile.

Lyza scoffed at the accusation. "Of course not. But being forced into a partnership really puts a damper on any sort of sharing mood."

Below the desk Six was searching for a better spot to hide, only for Lynette’s feet to come crashing down on both sides of him as she stood from her sisters desk.

"I already saw enough." Lynette revealed. "Simple, like the rest of the stuff you make, but with a little bit of flare. Not bad really. It'd love to meet the person who made these adjustments."

"And how do you know it wasn't me?" Lyza questioned.

Lynette paused for a few moments before bursting out in laughter. "You!? You haven't had a good idea ever since you took over! Too busy to even go back to your old hobbies."

This was very true. In the past Lyza was a rather remarkable designer. A rising star in the business. She made designs that put veteran crafters to shame. But upon taking control of her mother’s business she's had little time to do that. She had to monitor the designs of others while forgetting her own.

"I won't argue with you there..." Lyza admitted. "But I'd be careful if I were you Lynette. That designer you're so interested in is beneath you." Lyza had to stifle a chuckle at her own joke. Her sister was as pompous as they came. Her reaction to learn that it was Six, a Beta smaller than most, that fixed the designs was almost too priceless to pass up. Thankfully for the Beta it was a general rule of thumb that his unique existence be kept secret from the world, and by extension certain pink haired brats.

Between Lynette’s feet Six's whole world was shaking from the sudden descent of the giantess. His ears, or lack thereof, were ringing. His ability to even move was muddled at best and he was only lucky that Lynette wasn't a fidgety woman that moved her feet while standing.

Least he WAS lucky, until the tip of Lynette’s foot came crashing down right behind him. She crossed her legs above, balancing her toes on one while all her weight was focused on the other. From here Six had an all too close view of Lynette’s toes, or what he could see from the open toed footwear.

Being half an inch in height it was no surprise that they were big. Bigger than him. He was used to that sight by now. He's been under both Lyza’s and Mayas feet after all during the times they've toyed with him. Lynette’s were different though. They were bigger and longer; each toe pointed a green so bright that he could see his reflection off of them.

He touched his face upon seeing the bandages that covered them. The only thing that was normal were his eyes. Everything else was barely human. Were it not for his humanoid frame he'd even have his doubts.

Six looked up towards the towering goddess, passed her legs and well-endowed chest. He could barely see her face past that, but he could hear just fine.

The comment Lyza had made. How he was beneath even her sister. Looking back to the reflective nail he couldn't deny even that.

Yet, for all the times he's been insulted by Lyza, called less then human and even referred to as a toy, this one hurt the most.

"And just when I thought we were getting along..."

Up above Lynette stop had a desire to meet the bright mind that aided her sister. "Beneath me or not I still wanna know who caught YOUR eye. You've always been a picky woman, not easily pleased. You'd be a dear and set up a date for us right?"

Of course Lyza had no real desire to do that. Maya would flip a lid if she went through with it. Unfortunately Lyza also knew her sister wouldn't drop it unless she got what she want.

"I'll do what I can." Lyza relented. "No guarantees though."

Lynette pinched Lyza’s cheek, invoking a slight pained yelp from the older woman. "Of course you will. You don't got a choice really."

Those words. Those very same words Lyza had said to Six, stung her deeply. Despite her status and achievements Lyza knew her sister was right. She was wrapped around her finger.

Lynette said nothing as she made her way out, unconsciously leaving behind a sulking Six.

She turned around before leaving though, giving Lyza one final taunt. "Oh and be sure to give your freak girlfriend a big ole smooch from me."

Lynette quickly passed the door before Lyza could even think of a response. When one never came she shrank back into her seat to sulk as well. It wasn't until ten minutes had passed, ample time to allow Lyza to think over what just happened, that she finally remembered Six.

"Alright little guy. You can come out now." Lyza looked underneath her desk only to see Six wasn't there.

She checked under the sole of her heels to make sure she hadn't unintentionally stepped on him. When she found that she hadn't she couldn't help but worry that perhaps her sister had stepped on the Beta instead, taking his stuck frame with her as she left.

The thought was enough to force her from her seat and begin pursuing Lynette, only stopping when she saw that Six was sitting in front of the desk. He was barely moving, sitting cross legged with his head down.

"Sad that my sister left?" Lyza teased. "I get she's quite the looker but really even you can do better than a bitch like her."

Despite the attempt to reignite any conversation the had prior with humor Six remained quiet.

"You're not hurt...are you?" Lyza questioned. Again no response.

Six didn't move until he felt tremors behind him. Turning around he saw that Lyza had gotten onto her knees to get a better look at him. She didn't seem concerned though. Only confused.

"You good?" She asked.

Silence at first until Six finally decided to stand up. He looked up towards Lyza, gradually taking in her details for what really felt like the first time.

Despite Lyza’s tired, almost corpse like appearance, there was a clear resemblance to her sister. In fact, despite circumstances, they were both rather beautiful. Despite that beauty however they both looked down on so many things. With Lynette Six could understand. She was an Alpha. By the natural order she was superior to all else, just like Maya.

Lyza on the other hand, she was a Beta in waiting that demeaned Betas who've already shrunk. It was honestly disappointing. Especially after the two had an admittedly enjoyable time together.

"No... " Six finally answered. "I don't think I am..."

Lyza felt her breath catch in her chest. She wasn't certain as to why but she was hoping Six would have been alright after her sisters visit. In a better mood so the two could continue as they had before. So that she could help him come out of his shell.

Now it felt as though it were best to avoid any sort of discussion all together.

"Is there...anything you need?" Lyza asked, her hands fiddling in surprising nervousness as she did. "I mean I can't really offer you a drink...or food..."

No response for a few solid moments before Six shook his head so lightly that Lyza had to focus to make sure she didn't miss it.

"No. Let's just wait for Maya. Then we can go back to belittling each other."

With the day Lyza's had she'd forgotten about Maya. Her thoughts didn't go to the blue haired murderers task though. Instead they fell on how she might react on seeing Six sulk.

"Right...wait for Maya. W-we can do that..." Lyza had demeaned and belittled Six many times prior. She's seen him depressed, hateful of his life. Hell, she's been the one to incite that feeling on many occasions. But after her sisters visit. After seeing that, for such a small Beta, Six had potential; she really didn't know how to feel about him right now. All she understood was that he needed space right now.

"He heard what I said...didn't he?" Lyza finally realized. Surprisingly enough, after all she's done to him, she felt guilty. "But why...why do I feel like shit?"

Question to remain unanswered for now. All Lyza could hope for right now, as she carried an unresponsive Six back to her desk, was Maya was in a good mood.

In the lower parts of Los Demonios though, as the night gave way to a high hanging moon that rose over an old apartment so out of order it was a wonder it wasn't taken down, Maya wasn't just in a good mood. She was absolutely out of her mind.

Her clothes, once clean and proper, were now splattered in blood and gore. Not her blood of course but rather the blood of anyone in this apartment complex that was unfortunate enough to cross her path. It was smart om her end to have thought of hiding her little container of Betas away, otherwise they'd find themselves caught up in the carnage.

"T-tw...elve" Maya was barely able to speak, her mind addled with various flashing images, each one a previous victim. Maya was a giggling mess, having used a single shard of broken glass to commit the atrocities this night. It was from her first kill tonight that started it all.

Her first real kill. Not on some Beta like before but against a normal sized human. A drunk that looked as though they hadn't worked out in decades. The only real piece of furniture they had in their small rundown apartment was a glass table, which Maya promptly shoved them into when they proved to be too rude for her liking.

Unfortunately that one individual wasn't who she was working for. She killed them all the same, ramming the largest shard of glass she could find into their throat, uncaring that she was cutting into her own skin as a result.

It was one kill, hardly anything to push Maya over the edge. But then the next door she knocked upon proved far less pleasant then the first. And then the next one. Then the next.

So on and so forth until Maya felt her mind slipping after seven increasingly bloody kills. Each murder was turning more gruesome, the blue haired killer taking great lengths to draw each one out.

She didn't even feel the glass cut into her skin anymore. She couldn't hear the cries of her victims at that point either. All she really knew was that she had to move forward until she found who she was looking for.

Her blue eyes were erratic, looking from one wall to the next in quick succession, almost as if Maya was watching something crawl across them at unnatural speeds. She could hear voices, telling her where she needed to go, reminding her of where she was heading and why.

"C...ca...roline..." The young, trusting Beta that had told Maya her sad little story. How her own aunt and uncle killed her father before forcing she and her mother to flee. Even after killing sweet little Caroline Maya made a mental note to visit the two cruel individuals. And so here she was, knee deep in bodies with her mind slipping.

She licked her lips, taking in the taste of blood and iron around them. It was a taste she was all to familiar with.

Maya couldn't remember the last time she's snapped this badly. Really she couldn't remember many things right now. Even the idea of where she was proved abstract to her. She only understood the why's.

In Mayas twisted mind the hallway stretched onward in impossible manners, arching, and folding in ways that shouldn't have been possible. But still she walked forward, the crimson, twisting hall never slowing her down. She could see shadows moving along the walls, her eyes meeting theirs. Each one was the shadow of someone she's killed over her life. Hundreds now, all of various sizes and ages. Some younger than her, some old enough to be her grandparents. Some so kind as to have offered her dinner, some cruel enough to turn her away.

All dead. And she was intent on adding two more to her ever-growing number. The voices reminded her of why she needed to keep moving. She was here with a goal.

Thankfully there was still some little semblance of sanity that accompanied the barrage of voices. A faint whisper that reminded Maya she needed to relax before heading home, otherwise she'd put Lyza and Six in danger.

So easily could that little voice take control back from Mayas ever growing madness. A conscience that was nearly as twisted as the other voices but still acted as the sole voice of reason. Maya would only calm down when her job here was done. She's return home with her many prizes and then things could return to normal.

"Nor...mal?" Maya smiled at the thought. It was such a funny word to her. At no point in her life did she think she was normal. Only ever when she was with Six and Lyza did she feel she came close.

Six, the Beta that knew Mayas darkest aspects. He's seen Maya at her worse. Far more then Lyza ever has. The small voice of reason wondered how the older woman would feel if she saw this part of her lover. The bloody, carnage loving murderer.

Concerns for later. Maya felt herself nearing her goal. As she was lost in thought the world around her flashed forward, time losing its meaning to her fractured mental state. More blood seemed to cover her hands with each flash, signs that as she thought to herself Mayas body continued to kill as if it were on autopilot.

She wasn't sure of how many she's killed now. She only knew that this apartment complex was going to be very quiet at the end of this night.

One final flash and she was standing at the front of a door. The very last one of the complex. Blood red thanks to her state of mind. The numbers of the door were constantly changing, each one quickly shifting to impossible shapes and symbols. Still, this was where Maya needed to be. The only guarantee that this was the apartment belonging to Caroline's aunt and uncle being that they all used to live together.

There was only the forced hush of a man's voice telling the someone or something to be quiet. Were they smart they would have found a way to contact the cops. Unfortunately taking care of the phone lines was the first thing Maya dealt with.

If there was any time for sanity to take hold now would be it. Mayas soft giggles lessened as the voice of reason assumed control again. She'd want a clear mind for what came next.

She looked down om her clothes, frowning at how much of a mess she's made. Looking back towards the rooms she's visited gave Maya an idea of just what she's done. And the very idea caused her to smile.

"What a wonderful day this has turned out to be..." Maya thought as she kicked open the door. The sound of a firearm went off as soon as Maya burst into the room. She ducked to her left, a bullet passing by and cutting her cheek. It was a surprise to her, something she should have expected. At some point doing her massacre she made too much noise. Altered her intended targets of her presence.

Another shot, this time missing her entirely. Maya focused on the one firing on her. A middle-aged man, well-built but sweating profusely as he aimed the poor condition pistol. Tall, but shaking in his steps. A coward that was making life threatening mistakes. He wasn't thinking rationally. If he was he'd know he could overpower Maya. But he wasn't thinking properly, allowing Maya to take advantage.

Another shot, cutting just above Mayas shoulder. He was a poor aim, but still getting closer to his mark. Unfortunately for him that was his last chance. The man desperately tried to properly align his next shot, making it all too clear to Maya where he was next aiming at.

Her head.

Maya ducked underneath his aim just as he fired. She darted forward before the man could react, shard of glass already at his throat before he could regret any ill choices he's made in life.

As Maya plunged the glass into his throat however, even as blood squirted onto her eyes, she saw something behind him. On the floor, shivering and afraid, with the trademark white hair and red eyes of Betas. A woman.

Caroline's Aunt no doubt. The one that forced the poor teenager and her mother to flee.

As the Betas husband fell, choking on his own tears and blood, Maya knelt in front of the cowering Aunt. She didn't care to ask her name, nor did she think she'd even receive one given her horrifying appearance.

Maya grinned down at the woman, taking in her rodent like size. Five inches from the look of it. A wonderful addition to her recent haul.

Irony and karma were some of Mayas favorite things, and both were so pleasantly wrapped within a big sized flesh covered treat. The simple sight of this once cruel aunt was enough to force a few unintentionally chuckles from Maya, her madness making only a brief return.

She was going to enjoy abusing this little Beta. A great, great deal.

Chapter End Notes:

As always reviews and comments are appreciated, as are thoughts and criticisms.