- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another day another chapter! Things slowing down though that's never stopped me before! Nothing heavy here though if the title isn't evidence of it a plan is discussed. A horrible, poorly thought out, far from likely to work plan.

For all that had to be discussed, lunch was fairly dull. Lyza explained how life had been since Six and Roxanne had begun living together though made sure to keep from involving Maya’s steadily decreasing mental stability. Though the killer made sure to hide it as well as she could Lyza was not one who missed the little details in life. Even more so when it was the life of her lover. Since Six’s departure, it was clear they were hurting, as she had expected. It was clear to all though that things could not remain as they were for long. Six, for all he’s worth, had finally spoken out that day, and his words still weighed heavily on Maya.

 

Roxanne feigned concern, asking the simple question of if Lyza thought Maya would get better in time. Inquiries only from one hoping to remain in their ‘employers’ good graces. Lyza wasn’t surprised. She knew Roxanne’s feelings towards Maya well enough. They were more afraid of them than they were of her. And just as Roxanne’s feelings towards Maya weren’t surprising neither was Six’s lack of care for his former tormentor’s struggles.

 

He didn’t view her with hatred, or pity. Not even disdain could be seen in the Beta’s newly visible eyes. There was only a sense of apathy that Lyza felt she was once all too familiar with. Before all this. Before Six and Maya. Buried emotions, or lack thereof, that she’d rather not bring to the surface. To that end, she practically thrust a large chunk of her carefully cut croquettes in front of the 4-inch beta, the piece easily over half his size.

 

Lyza forced a smile, hoping to at least have a pleasant conversation before divulging Roxanne’s newest, and hopefully successful, plan.

 

“Hungry?”

 

While an attempt to at the very least spark a conversation it was also a genuine question.

 

Though he could now eat, Six often at times forgot the necessity of it. One of the very first things he had to learn to deal with when originally shrunk was hunger. Early on he was despaired to know that he’d never be able to sate it, his lack of a mouth being the key element in helping him to alleviate such pain. Hunger pangs were a constant before long, though he could do nothing to deal with it.

 

So when he was finally able to eat, the wrapping that covered his mouth finally gone, he was overjoyed by the fact that he could eat again. There was, however, an issue he had not expected.

 

Going so long without food, it didn’t come as much of a surprise when Six and Roxanne found that he couldn’t operate his Jaw all too well. Though he could eat rather well now, early on into his recovery he nearly damn well bit his tongue off on multiple occasions. Thankfully, Roxanne was nearby each time he ate so as to make sure nothing went wrong. Regardless of aid though, while enjoyable, Six would at times be wary of eating.

 

Looking at the giant croquette before him, however, he could not deny the allure of such a meal. It smelled good. Really good. Roxanne certainly knew how to work around a kitchen, and with Lyza’s aid, the result was even better than originally planned. With every bite cheese practically oozed from the entrée, still piping hot hit hardly a bother to those as large as the two titans that sat on both sides of Six. The pools of cheese that fell onto the dining table and in front of the beta practically radiated enough heat to act as a bonfire.

 

Okay, perhaps a little bit of exaggeration on Six’s part but the point still stood. He couldn’t deny that he was hungry.

 

Gently, he took a bite of the croquette, barely able to make a dent on the breaded surface. Though with the way it was seasoned, even with the absence of the interior contents the mouthful he acquired was still quite flavorful.

 

For Lyza’s part, she simply watched with a sense of fascination. It wasn’t often she watched a beta eat. In fact, Six was the only one she actually enjoyed watching, as any other beta usually didn’t survive long enough to have a last meal. Mostly they worked to SERVE as a meal. So watching Six eat was rather pleasant. In truth, such simple activities of the beta were becoming a favored pastime of Lyza. She enjoyed watching his little movements. His most minor of actions was a delight to observe, to see how much he has both healed and grown. Both literally and figuratively. Such growth would have been impossible, had he chosen to stay close to Maya. A fact she regretted admitting.

 

Though, now Lyza could see the appeal that Maya no doubt saw herself. In observing Six, the designer had grown a sort fixation for the beta.

 

She’s toyed with him before, in the past. However, those interactions were always under less than desirable circumstances. In short, Lyza had it out for the beta. How Maya had affection for both him AND her. Back then she wanted to be rid of the beta as quickly, and as quietly, as possible. Thanks to this unkillable nature, that was fortunately impossible at the time.

 

Now, the circumstances were different. Their relationship had greatly improved. She treated him well and held a decent amount of respect for one another. What was more, for Lyza anyway, there was a slowly developing feeling of infatuation. Nothing too serious as of yet, though she’s had to hide the occasional blush when Six complimented her appearance. 

 

This infatuation has developed to the point of her wishing to toy with the Beta once more. She wondered how he’d run were she to raise her foot over him. How he’d squirm were she to place him between her breasts. What uses could she find for him that required a more intimate touch? Her most recent wonder was how he’d taste, and this was in no small part to watching the beta take bites of her food. How would he struggle were she to threaten to swallow him whole? Would he try and stop his descent as he passed through Lyza’s esophagus? Most likely. Being eaten terrified the beta. What Lyza wondered most though is if she’d stop herself from eating him.

 

She was lost in thought that it was only thanks to Roxanne’s voice that she was able to break free of her apparent trance.

 

Lyza was more concerned over how she must have looked rather than Six and Roxanne and quickly found that she had been salivating with a quick swipe of her hand across her lips. She blushed in embarrassment, much to Roxanne’s amusement.

 

“Everything good?” Six wondered, fully aware of the look that was plastered on his friend’s face only moments ago.  He’s seen that hungry look before. It was her eyes. He’d seen it plenty of times on Maya.

 

Lyza shifted uncomfortably in her seat. “Maybe it is best that Maya took care of those betas at home…” Lyza thought, uneasy over her lack of discipline. “As it were, I’ve been snacking on too much. Getting too used to it.” She felt more like a predator than anything when looking at Six. How easily she could eat him. It would hardly be any effort at all, even at his impressive 4-inch height. She almost felt guilty feeling that way. She’s gotten too used to such actions during her times of intimacy with her girlfriend. “Maya really does bring out the beast in me, doesn’t she?”

 

Lyza shook her head clear and forced a more composed expression to show that she was fine. She smiled, hoping to put any worries Six might have to rest.

 

“Couldn’t be better.” Lyza lied.

 

Six frowned. He didn’t. Still, knowing Lyza, it was smart not to push into the matters. If they were of real concern then she was likely to voice the issue. And currently, they all already had one problem to deal with. Any more and things would just get difficult.

 

Lyza cleared her throat, both in an attempt to clear out any lingering unease as well as to get Roxanne’s attention, the scientist still happily enjoying her food. With a stuffed face, Roxanne turned toward her confused. It wasn’t until she thought about it for a few moments that she remembered.

 

“Oh shit, right! My idea!” Roxanne hurriedly swallowed her food before rising from the table so fast that she nearly knocked over the available drinks. Lyza even had to make sure Six didn’t get thrown off the table, gently placing her hand beside him and keeping him safe.

 

“I’ll be right back!” Roxanne assured before bolting off and leaving Lyza with no chance to ask where she was going. Judging by the noise that came from what Lyza expected to be Roxy’s room, it was clear she was looking for something.

 

This did leave Lyza in the awkward position of remaining behind with Six, the beta looking up at her as he sat down cross-legged, no doubt still wondering just what was going through her head when she lost herself in thought.

 

Six looked at Lyza with such intensity, such concentration, that it was all but impossible for her to not eat him up. It could be done so easily. Her hand was still next to him. Just one quick motion and he’d be all hers.

 

Why did Roxanne have to leave them alone? What point was there in that?

 

Lyza laughed nervously, cold sweat running down her body as she tried to keep her composure. The fact that she had affection towards the beta, along with her desire to toy with him, only made it harder to keep herself calm. Worst of all though was, without his wrappings, he wasn’t that bad of a looker.

 

Affection and maliciousness made for a poor combination. One that Lyza regretted admitting she was experiencing.

 

“So…how you been?” Lyza attempted to divert her attention into an icebreaker. Unfortunately, Six was quick to shoot this attempt down.

 

“Are you sure you’re fine?” the beta asked, noticing Lyza’s struggles.

 

“Yup!” Lyza lied again, rubbing her arm across her forehead to do away with the nervous perspiration that had formed. “Just nervous about Roxanne’s idea, that’s all!”

 

Six grimaced upon hearing that. This was enough to get Lyza’s attention away from temptation. Concern over what could have caused that sort of reaction.

 

“I take it the two of you have talked about it?” Lyza asked.

 

Six was silent for a few moments before replying. “A bit, yeah.”

 

“Well, what is it? Or do you plan on leaving me in the dark?”

 

Six fell quiet again, longer this time. He was reluctant to answer but knew that it was best he did. Better it come from his mouth than Roxanne’s, as it’d be easier to digest for Lyza.

 

“We’re…gonna shrink me again.” The beta stated, as though he had already made up his mind well before Lyza had arrived at the duo’s residence.

 

Lyza didn’t say a word. Instead, her eyes widened upon hearing what Six had said. As though she didn’t quite understand it. Shrinking was not a rare occurrence these days anymore. But for someone like Six to shrink willingly? She imagined he wished to stay at his current height.

 

That said, there was an iota of curiosity that Lyza felt. She couldn’t deny that the idea intrigued her. More than that actually, it delighted her to hear those words. She was glad Six had regained some semblance of independence with his newfound height, though she’ll admit to missing when she could toy with him at smaller sizes. His struggles then were far more frantic. Desperate.

 

Again, she felt guilt upon dealing with such thoughts. That didn’t prevent a warming sensation from her loins, however. Nor did it stop her mouth from salivating. The image of Six trying to stay afloat in either area was far too pleasurable for Lyza not to imagine. And without his old invulnerability…

 

Lyza clenched the fist close to Six as she fought back the temptations, trying her hardest not to give in to them. She’s worked hard to earn his trust and his respect. It’d be an insult to her dignity to do away with all of that.

 

“So…” Lyza bit her tongue as she continued to restrain herself. “H-how do you plan on doing that?”

 

Six was lost in thought and as such failed to notice Lyza’s internal conflict, much to her relief. Though she fought against it, it’d be embarrassing beyond all hell if he called her out.

 

Before Six could answer Roxanne burst into the dining room again, a vial of pink liquid in hand, and answered in his stead.

 

“With this~” she pretty much sang. “My first variant of altered Antilirin! With this Six will have no trouble sneaking on your sister!”

 

Lyza looked upon the vial with interest. She was grateful for the distraction, as Roxanne’s return served to turn Six’s inquisitive mind away from her. That in turn allowed her the chance to actually get a hold of herself, collected so as to better understand Roxy’s proposal.

 

“Wait,” Lyza just realized something. “Did you say sneaking on my sister? I take it this new Antilirin will help in that?” she wouldn’t even ask how it was made. Lyza had made the mistake of asking Roxanne about her many experiments, successful or otherwise. Whole days could be spent as the scientist could easily carry on a one-sided conversation on how many of them operated. And at no moment could Lyza admit to understanding anything she would say.

 

It was a headache she could avoid if she just went along with things.

 

Roxanne nodded, almost too enthusiastically, as she presented the container. “That it is Lyza! That it is! An alteration of the current strain of Antilirin, suitable for ingestion same as the first, though capable of working at a far faster rate. Normal Antilirin takes effect in, say, an hour or two. This one though only needs half that time. And the best part? Unlike the normal strain this beauty here-”

 

“Shrink people rather than grow them, right?” Lyza cut in.

 

Roxanne looked at her in astonishment.

 

“Six already explained part of what you two had planned. The two of you had planned on having him shrink down, right? I take it that’s how y’all planned on having him…what was it? Sneaking on my sister?” There wasn’t much else to their idea than that from the looks of it. As poorly thought out as a plan could be. “And do either of you mind telling me how exactly you planned on doing that? What, was Six going to hide in her purse somehow? Or maybe latch onto the heel of one of her favorite stilettos while she walked home?”

 

Lyza had expected silence. In a way, that’s what she hoped for. Instead, she got something that was arguably worse.

 

A very uneasy, and unsteady “…Yes” from Roxanne. They rocked back and forth on their feet in nervousness while Lyza rubbed her temples in frustration.

 

“Roxy, Six, I know the two of you aren’t idiots. Far from it actually. So why would you think this would be the best course of action?” Lyza threw her hands up into the air in defeat as she sank deep into her seat. “Roxanne, aren’t you, like, a genius or something?”

 

“I’d consider that an understatement, but sure let’s go with that,” Roxanne answered.

 

“So you can imagine my skepticism when I say I doubt this is the only plan you could have come up with. Both of you actually!” Lyza shot up from her position, pointing a finger towards Six. “Even you! Yeah, you’re not some super genius, Six, but you should know a bad idea when you hear one! What happened to that common sense?”

 

Six remained quiet as he shook his head. He gently pushed Lyza’s finger to the side.

 

“It’s not like we didn’t try thinking of anything else” the beta confessed. “In fact, this is the last idea from a list of those that really couldn’t work. We sat for days trying to brainstorm but couldn’t come up with any passable.”

 

“This? This is passable?” Lyza questioned, refusing to accept that this could have been the last option the two had thought of. “Excuse me for my lack of belief but come on. Really? Really, this is it?”

 

“Really really,” Six replied. “This is it.”

 

He saw that Lyza didn’t like this last resort of theirs. Not in the slightest. She was deep in thought, trying to see how this idiotic, plain stupid, plan could possibly work. Yet no matter the angle in which she tried to look at it, nothing could possibly salvage it in her mind. The only real saving grace was Six being shrunken down, though she failed to see how that could be beneficial.

 

“How small could you get him?” Lyza asked, hoping for something useful.

 

“At the very least, an inch,” Roxanne answered. “Small enough that he can’t really be noticed through his weight. Unfortunately, through a few test runs, we’ve found that he can’t really go smaller than that. It’d be helpful if he was still half an inch, though for what we have planned it wouldn’t be ideal in the end.”

 

Lyza inhaled sharply, trying to calm her rising nerves. “And just what was the plan? If you don’t mind me asking?”

 

Roxanne gulped, once more feeling as though this were a test. As if her life once more hanged on the balance here. Lyza saw this.

 

“Don’t worry, you’re not at risk here.” She admitted. “I just wanna see if this is as dumb as I think it is.”

 

That didn’t ease Roxanne’s worries. “Oh, it is. Trust me.”

 

As idiotic as the idea was, Roxanne and Six had spent some time thinking about how it could even possibly work. How Six could possibly find a way onto Lynette’s person and find some means back to her home. From there it’d be a matter of waiting to see if her lips would possibly loosen from the comfort of her own home. Hopefully, that way she would spill something of value for them when they’ve so far been unsuccessful in finding anything useful while under her employ.

 

How Six would make it back, in the event that his snooping around proved fruitful, was not something they had thought about, however.

 

It was a horribly thought out, clearly idiotic, and just plain dumb plan. But it was the only one they got.

 

“So…you could make a serum that has the opposite effects of regular Antilirin?” Lyza questioned. “But not something like a bug you could place on her shirt? Or a tracker to see if she goes anyplace out of the ordinary? Hell, even a camera in her office? Anything, actually anything, is better than this.”

 

“Six actually thought about that.” Roxanne clarified. “But if you knew what I knew then you’d understand that something as simple sounding as all those options wouldn’t really be the best of choices.”

 

“And why is that?” Lyza asked, perplexed.

 

Roxanne seemed hesitant to answer. Though she knew keeping things from Lyza was dangerous in its own way, as they were the ones who held the leash on May so to speak. On the other hand, however, Roxanne knew just how far Lyza’s sister’s connections could run. Especially if they were the very same connections her mother had.

 

“I don’t think you still fully understand the weight of the situation we’re all in.” Roxanne explained slowly. “The connections your mother had, the very same ones your sister probably has now, aren’t something you’d wanna trifle with. A looooot of people found themselves under Josephine Minerva. Celebrities, CEOs, national figures, and more. She had funding from so many people, all of whom wanted things only she could provide. A network like that isn’t something you want to mess with.”

 

Lyza said nothing, though judging from her hardened expression it was evident that she understood the gravity of it all.

 

Roxanne continued. “That kind of system does a lot of spying. Tracking people, observing them, and learning how best to manipulate their actions towards something more… ‘desirable’. As you can imagine, spying on the people who normally do the spying isn’t something we can’t feasibly do yet. Hell, even making this little batch of Anti-Antilirin was risky, as I had to call in some old favors. Most of the things I make now are from kitchen supplies and cheap hardware. Old laptops and the like. Anything beyond that could put us on that network’s radar. That includes much of the stuff you listed. They’ve got ways for tracking a tracker.”

 

 “So why send Six!?” Lyza exclaimed, unsure why they’d even come up with such a plan if the situation was so dangerous. “You’d be sending him right into the tiger’s den!”

 

“It’s... lion’s den actually.” Roxanne corrected.

 

I. Don’t. Fucking. Care what it’s called!”  Lyza shouted, forcing Six to cover his ears and Roxanne to back away in fright. She brought her hand down onto the table, hard. Enough that Six was thrown onto his back. “That’s deliberately putting him in an impossible situation! Forget stupid, I don’t fucking think there’s a word to describe just how bad of an idea this all is.”

 

“But it’s the only one we got!” Six tried to reason. But Lyza wasn’t having any of it.

 

“Bull. Shit.” Little of the temptations she had felt prior remained. Frustration was the key emotion Lyza had now. Frustration along with worry.  Concern over Six’s safety should things go south. She couldn’t, in good conscience, put him in that sort of danger. Before, she had thought of ways to tease, maybe even abuse the beta. But those could be seen as pleasurable. What Six and Roxanne suggested though?

 

It was too risky for her liking.

 

No, there had to be another way. Someone else who could fill that sort of role if need be. Another beta perhaps. Someone who shared their goals. Someone like…

 

“What about me?” Lyza asked.

 

Though not known to the wider public, Lyza was a beta. One who’s managed to remain normal years after the initial outbreak of the epidemic. It hasn’t been easy. Most like her, in order to retain their full size, had to take normal Antilirin once every few months. In some more dire cases, twice a month. For Lyza though, her case was even more severe than most.

 

She needed to take it daily. Once every 24 hours, otherwise, she’d shrink. She wasn’t sure how small she’d get, though, given the rate at which she needed to take that damned medication, Lyza imagined it’d be quite miniscule. Maybe even as small as Six's previous height of half an inch.

 

Nonetheless, that didn’t stop her from speaking her mind.

 

“I could do it instead, right? Lynette’s my sister after all. I’d have an easier time getting to her than Six. I could even be at her house when I shrink. A little visit on my part. Come on, that has to be better right?”

 

Neither Roxanne nor Six said anything. They couldn’t even make contact with Lyza, and the designer knew why. She can’t deny how she must have sounded. She probably seemed crazy in her suggestion. But who else could take that sort of risk? Roxanne was too valuable an asset to lose. And Six…

 

She wasn’t willing to risk Six. 

 

“Just…say something.” Lyza pleaded to the still silent duo. “Anything?”

 

Six was the first to speak up when Roxanne held her tongue. “Fine. I’ll say it then. That’s somehow even dumber than what we had planned before. I already said I’d be the one to shrink.”

 

“Out of the question.” Lyza quickly shot down Six, though he refused to be quiet.

 

“Lyza, if you would just listen to me”

 

“No”

 

“But, I’ll be fine.”

 

“You can’t be sure of that.”

 

“And how do you know I won’t be? If you just let me…”

 

“I said no, so shut your trap.”

 

“Just listen…”

 

“Dammit, Six!”

 

Lyza slammed her hand onto the table again, her frustration reaching its peak as she pinched her eyes. She was exhausted and had no desire to argue further. “Just, for once, be like every other fucking beta and listen. Was that too much to ask? "I don't need you to stick your neck out like this. I don’t want you to. So…just save it, okay?”

 

This was a new sight for Six. He’d known Lyza for some time now. Long enough that he’s only ever seen her in charge, always in control of a situation. She could be cold and calculating if need be and was more than able to keep a handle on people, as evident through her relationship with Maya. That in itself was no easy feat. To put it simply, Lyza was not easily broken. 

 

And though she wasn’t on her knees crying, as her psychotic girlfriend was a year prior, Lyza seemed close to it. She was heavily distraught, unwilling to even consider Six for such a plot.

 

Even then, the beta did not back down.

 

“I’m still durable.” Six tried to explain. Instead, Lyza just cupped her head in her hands.

 

“Ohmygod! Really!? What did I just say!?” Why did Six have to be so stubborn? Even worse, why did Lyza find that respectable?

 

“I might not be unkillable anymore, but I can still take a beating.” Six continued to explain. “More than any other beta out there. More than you. If anyone has a chance of making it out of Lynette’s home, alive, then it’s likely to be me.”

 

“And how exactly do you plan on doing that?” She asked. “If you can actually convince me that you know a way out of her house safely then you can consider me convinced. Shit, I’ll even settle for a half-baked method at this point. If you have one that is.”

 

Of course, Six didn’t have a way to answer that in a manner that Lyza could accept. He couldn’t even think of a lie that could turn her over to his side. Just as he was dead set on doing this, Lyza was set on preventing it.

 

But why did he want to go through with this awful plan of his? A chance to prove himself? To show that he was capable at his new height? No. Were that the case he’d be against shrinking down to a measly inch. Such a setback after all the progress he’s made. The effort to arrive at this point in his life, gone in half an hour should he go through with this.

 

He couldn’t really answer why he wanted to do this as much as he did, much in the same way he couldn’t give Lyza the answer she wanted. And she’d see through any lie that he concocted. She was good at that.

 

So he told her the truth.

 

Six walked up to Lyza’s hand and saw his face reflected in the giantess' red polished finger.

 

He had changed so much. More than he had ever hoped. Though some areas of his body were still covered in wrappings, they didn’t bother him. Not like they used to when they covered the entirety of his form. Now, they served as something of a reminder, as well as a trophy. Better than scars, they showed his former struggles and just how far he’s come in only a year. A short, practically infinitesimal amount of time compared to the half-decade of torment he had to endure. He could actually see his hair, his nose, his whole face. Most of all, he could see his smile, genuine and full of confidence.

 

The very same confidence he’d gladly show Lyza at this moment.

 

“I’ll wing it.” The beta said, without even the smallest tinge of anxiety in his voice.

 

He was so sure of himself. So filled with certainty that Lyza found herself almost believing in the beta. It was ridiculous, the thought that Six could pull this off. By himself no less. It’s not like Lyza or Roxanne could offer him a hand if he found himself under Lynette’s foot. No, he’d be completely by himself, at the absolute mercy of a world outside of Lyza’s control.

 

He’s always been so close for so long that now, with her developing feelings, the thought of him being on his own terrified her. And were her roles replaced with Maya it’d likely terrify her as well. Roxanne though only smiled at the smaller beta’s confidence. How someone so small could remain so sure of themselves was beyond her.

 

Six was an oddity among his kind, for sure. And that’s beyond his less than fortunate beginnings. How he could grow so much in such a short amount of time was astonishing to Roxanne. He exceeded all her expectations and as such, she was eager to see just how far he could go.

 

Lyza pinched the bridge of her nose, well beyond wit’s end. And to think lunch had started off rather well. Needless to say, she’s lost her appetite for the meal still on her plate. But, in time her frustration began to take a sudden turn. So overwhelmed with what’s transpired she began to laugh. Softly at first before it steadily rose and was easily felt in Six’s ribs.

 

Lyza laughed so hard that she could hardly control the tears falling from her eyes. Even as she wiped them away they continued to flow. She felt like a mess with this embarrassing display of hers, but she couldn’t stop herself. And by the end of it all she even felt better.

 

“God fucking dammit, I can’t believe I’m going through with this.” Lyza still chuckled here and there, but her eyes were always on Six. “I suppose you should count yourself lucky, with how cute you are.”

 

She was blushing.

 

“If it’s any consolidation, your idea wouldn’t have worked either, Lyza.” Roxanne chimed in as Six wondered if he had just heard that right.


“I mean, your condition is more aggressive than most, if any other. Certainly, the most volatile I’ve ever seen. Who knows, maybe the variant would have only shrunk you a few centimeters shorter than your normal size. Might not even work at all. Or, and really stretching it here, could have made you grow a few feet.” Roxanne laughed. “Now would that have been a treat?”

 

While it didn’t much help at all to know that her “sacrifice” would have amounted to nothing, it was too late to back down now. As far as those two were concerned she had already given in.

 

“Just tell me what I need to do.” Lyza wanted to do this as quickly as possible. The sooner they got what they needed, the better.

 

“Oh, your part is very simple.” Roxanne assured. “You pretty much don’t even have to do anything.”

 

Lyza was flooded with relief. Hopefully, things wouldn’t be as bad as she feared.

 

 

Unfortunately, those very fears presented themselves the in the evening, as Lyza sat in her office with her cell phone tightly clutched in her hand.

 

“Simple my damn ass.”  It was simple on paper, sure, but somehow Lyza dreaded this almost as much as leaving Six at her sister’s unaware whims.

 

“It’s just a phone call.” A now one-inch Six reasoned. He sat comfortably in the designer’s other hand, her open palm making for quite the nice seat. Pleasantly warm. “How hard could it be?”

 

“Shows what you know.” Lyza shot back with a scoff to follow. “My sister’s and I relationship was never good. Add that to recent events and we’ve as strained a relationship as most Hollywood exes. We aren’t really the type to call each other for shits and giggles.”

 

Six tried to find a way Lynette would actually need to see her sister. Then it hit him. “Hey, didn’t you and she argue over something a year ago? Back when I helped you with some designs?”

 

Lyza’s eyes lit up. “Oh? Oh! Yeah, you’re right!” Lyza remembered the argument well enough. “I was trying to end our company’s partnership. Lynette only managed to keep it because she threatened to tell the world I lied about being an alpha. That could work!”

 

She’d need to come up with a good enough reason to incur her sister’s anger. Though, knowing her, simply changing the details of the partnership would suffice. Details such as the changing cut Rosen Accessories would receive on any Vermont’s Garments purchase. With Lynette’s vanity that’d certainly do it.

 

“Screw it, I’ll roll with that.” Plan aside, it’s not like Lyza would forgo an opportunity to piss off her sister. 

Chapter End Notes:

As always, a rating and review are greatly appreciated!