- Text Size +

It was a beautiful, late winter’s day on the Mediterranean. The sun was shining as brightly as James Bond ever remembered. The seats at Marc-Ange Draco’s villa were packed with friends and family. Bond felt nervous. It was a very unfamiliar feeling. Even on the most dangerous of missions, nervousness was something that was foreign to him. But this was different. This was the day that Tracy would be his wife. He only hoped that he could be a good husband to her. 


The ceremony was over. The vows were said. The bride and groom kissed. Rice was thrown. The just married sign was on the back of the car. Bond escorted Tracy to her seat, then got in, and  started the car. Mr and Mrs James Bond were leaving on their honeymoon.


It was when Bond stopped to look at the view that he felt something was wrong. Tracy’s voice had gone silent. Bond reached the car, and saw the bullet hole between the eyes. He looked around and tried to scream for help, but no one was there. He then spotted Blofeld and Irma Bunt by a tree just laughing at him. He tried to run after them, but couldn’t. Looking down, he noticed that his feet were stuck in cement. He looked back at the two and noticed that Blofeld held a switch in his hand, and squeezed the button, yelling at 007 that he should embrace his future.


Bond woke up in a sweat. Anya was in bed, which meant that Holly was keeping watch. He looked at his watch. 3:45am. It was his turn to patrol. He made a cup of coffee. It was then that he noticed that his clothes were sagging. Time for the new ones. It troubled him that he had to do what he was dreading, but it was his new reality. Changing clothes quickly, he grabbed his Walter, made sure it was loaded, and tucked inside his waistband. He was struck by how heavy the weapon felt in his hand. It should have seemed light as a feather due to how long he had been using it, but it felt so different now. He cursed his fate, then prayed that he could hit the target he was aiming at.


It was then that he heard the motel room door unlock. He instinctively grabbed his gun, and was relieved to see Holly. He offered her a cup of the freshly made coffee, and she gratefully accepted. It was then that Bond noticed that she was taller than him, probably by about four inches. She was the same height as Anya, but he guessed that due to the changes taking place between men and women, they were probably about 6ft while he was no taller than 5’8”. 


She took the cup, then put her hand on his shoulder and said the same thing that Anya had been telling him. They would find a way to reverse what was happening. Bond looked up at her and said that they should be honest. There was no way to reverse this, because Blofeld made sure that whatever happened was permanent. It was how he operated. He just didn’t want to be as tall as her ankles, and winked at her.


She muffled a laugh at his joke. Holly understood that he was trying to make the best of what was turning out to be a very bad situation for him and every other man in the world. They had stopped Drax from creating a new master race, and now Blofeld was creating his own as a final finger to the world powers. 


Bond finished his coffee and started his patrol of the motel grounds. He didn’t have the feeling of being watched, so he was confident that they were alone. His first tour was uneventful, so he returned to the room. Holly was in the shower, and Anya was still sleeping. He looked at the Leiter’s list of trusted places, and noticed a diner just down the road. He wondered if it would be better to pick up breakfast and return to the room. That way they could eat and strategize in private before heading out. He would ask Holly what she thought when her shower was done.


Bond waited for Holly to get dressed once the water shut off. She emerged in a tight fitting gym outfit. It looked like any other outfit, but knowing the CIA, and Felix, there was probably more than met the eye. But he could definitely see the changes. Her body was much fuller and toned than when he first met her. Her breasts were definitely bigger. They were similar to Anya’s. 


Once she was settled, Bond offered his idea about breakfast. Holly considered it, and weighing the risks of remaining stationary at the motel, or grabbing the food to go and being mobile, she thought the right plan was to get the food to go. Bond agreed. They would call their order in and pick it up, then head to the highway. 


But first, 007 needed to make one more patrol of the motel grounds. By the time he would finish, Anya would be awake, and the route to Vegas should be discussed. Off Bond went. The patrol was quiet and uneventful, save for an old man walking his dog. At first Bond tensed, then relaxed when he saw the age of the man. Not suitable for SPECTRE, he thought. So Bond continued on his way. 


He returned to the room. Anya was awake and in the shower. Bond would take his after. But while he and Holly waited for her, he pulled out a map. He examined it. There was a troubling obstacle on the way, one that he didn’t see a way around. 


Anya finished her shower, dressed, and checked her weapons as Bond took his shower. Quickly finishing, he dressed and once the three of them were seated, he pulled out the map again. He told the girls that once they crossed into Colorado, they would be forced to slow down as they drove through the winding roads of the Rockies. There was no avoiding that. It would also leave them extremely vulnerable, because there would be no room to maneuver. Once they were on the road, they were left with no other option but to go forward..


Holly informed Anya of the breakfast plan, and while the girls were double checking the room, making sure that all their things were accounted for, Bond called the order in. A final check of the room, and the three of them were driving the short distance to the diner. Bond ran in to get the food, and Anya drove onto the highway. They would reach the Colorado border within the hour, provided there was no traffic. 


The three ate in silence. Once they were finished, and the state line in sight, the small hairs on the back of Bond’s neck were awakened. He knew that meant trouble. He told Holly and Anya that he had a feeling that they were about to encounter trouble. This put the girls on high alert. 


It was then that they heard a helicopter, and judging by the decibel level, it was flying low and close. Then the gunfire started. The van was strafed as the copter passed overhead, only to turn around and face them head on. The highway was sparsely populated, so Anya couldn’t mix in with traffic. 


The van took a direct hit of bullets, but suffered minimal damage. Holly said that the CIA claimed to have made it impervious to attack, but never got a chance to test it out. The van drove past the copter, which turned and kept firing. As the copter got closer, it climbed above them, then everyone in the van could feel the concussive effects of the explosives being dropped on either side of the vehicle. 


Anya tried swerving to keep the attackers off balance, but without any protection from overpasses or other cars, there was only so much she could do. Holly told James to press the red button on the side panel. Bond did, and a hidden control panel swung down. Holly told him to press the button on the far right. Bond did, and a scope appeared. Holly told him to just get the copter in the middle and press the fire button on the joystick. 


Bond waited and waited, until the copter was directly in the middle of the bullseye, then pressed the trigger, launching a small rocket upwards and soon there was an explosion overhead. The copter crashed into a field, engulfed in flames. Holly told him it was a great shot, and he nodded in agreement. Anya straightened the van out, and they headed towards Vegas, with the distant mountains eventually coming closer. 


The van needed gas, so Anya got off the highway and into a station. Bond exited the van and started pumping the gas. $70 later, they were back on the highway, with 007 driving. Holly gave Anya a rundown of the features of the vehicle, so that if anything happened to her, she and James would be able to use the vehicle to its maximum potential. 


Bond let them know that they were about to go through the mountains, and suggested that they get their weapons ready, which both female agents did.

Bond cursed the fact that he had to get behind a tractor trailer, meaning that an hour’s drive through the mountains would now take two. Bond kept his eyes on the road ahead, and dropped behind the truck far enough to see oncoming traffic. There was a removable panel at the back of the van, which allowed Holly and Anya to keep watch out the rear. 


A short time later, Holly and Anya spotted a black sedan weaving in and around traffic, advancing on their position. They let Bond know that they had company. James looked at the side mirror, and saw what the girls had described. He weighed his options. The twisting road made it almost impossible to go around the truck in front. 


As the car got closer, Bond told the girls to hold on as he moved left and sped past the truck, getting back in his lane just before another tractor trailer smashed into the van. Anya saw the car quickly follow suit, then once the truck was past, it moved into the oncoming traffic lane and sped up. As it got closer, it was able to get directly behind the van, and once again, the gunfire erupted. 


The van was being hit, but with no damage. Bond sped up, but so did the sedan. It pulled up to the side and swerved right, catching the van and forcing it to the guard rail. Bond struggled to maintain control, and swung back to the left. The sedan hit the van again, and Bond fought the steering wheel, trying to steady the vehicle. Once he had straightened the van and was back on the highway, he pushed down on the gas pedal, trying to coax as much horsepower out of it as he could.


As the sedan was making its way up on the left, Holly headed towards the front of the van, instructing Bond to lower his window, which he did. She then produced a shotgun shaped launcher, telling him that when she fired, he was to hit the brakes. The sedan was directly next to the van, and as it swerved right towards Bond, Goodhead told Bond now and fired into the car, filling it with thick smoke. The car never straightened out, and went through the guardrail, tumbling down the side of the mountain, killing all inside. The three agents watched the events unfold, then 007 stepped on the gas and continued on the long and winding road through the mountains.


It was sometime around 8:00pm, when they were about 30 miles outside Vegas, when they decided to stop for the night. Grabbing food from the drive through of a fast food place, they got a motel room. 


Once they were settled, they ate, and formulated a plan of action. They decided to leave about 4:00 am, since it wouldn’t take long to reach the old Whyte House property. The tunnel that Leiter described was about a 1000 ft from the underground complex, and they wanted to use the cover of darkness while Bond was able to function.


The plan was agreed to. Holly took the first watch. Bond volunteered for the second, which surprised the girls. But Bond told them that he was the only one of the three to actually be inside, and wanted to be awake enough to focus on the myriad of passageways that were there. He assured both Anya and Holly that he would be fine. So the girls agreed. Bond was the first one asleep, as was becoming the norm. Anya laid down next to him, and Holly began her shift. The next day was going to be long and filled with the unknown. They would have no idea of what to expect, except danger, which seemed to be the only constant on this trip.