- Text Size +

Luc was floating. He noticed when he opened his eyes again. Floating in a black place full of lights. As his mind came back to reality, he saw what they were. Stars.

 

He was in space.

 

As was Isabell.

 

He saw her as he, making swimming motions, turned around, not because he saw movement there, but because he felt warmth, like he was with his back to the sun. Well, he actually was.

 

He saw the sun, shining, yes, but behind it he saw Isabell.

 

Whose face was at least fifteen times bigger!

 

The dark-haired giantess had grown to a size one could barely comprehend. To her, the sun was little more than a glowing marble. Where was the Earth? Did she destroy it by merely growing? Luc could only gaze in the gigantic, brown eyes that stared back at him with held-back anger.

 

"Now, you have gotten me in a fine mess," the tera-giantess spoke. "How do you plan to fix this? Earth is gone, it crumbled beneath my left sole as I grew in rage. And the moon too. It bumped against my ear, and I rubbed my finger into it in a reflex. Turned it into powder that way... and its all your fault, you egoistic, self-righteous moron! What have you got to say to that, hm? Wouldn't you want to better yourself now if you could? Behave like a nice boy? Be a nice man? Well? Would you?" she asked, leaning her face dangerously close to the sun as she asked him that last question.

 

Luc, tears streaming from his eyes, could only nod. Yes, how he wished he could make all of this undone! He would be the nicest man ever! But now, it was all too late. Everything was gone, all his fault. Yes, it was his fault, he admitted. He never had admitted that he was wrong before, but now as he did, it was too late.

 

Isabell's expression changed a little. She nodded too, though still with knitted eyebrows.

 

"Good. Then its time to go," she said. And with a still annoyed expression on her face, she pursed her lips and blew out the sun like a candle. Luc, just as he was swallowed by darkness, wanted to scream. Not the sun also!

 

"AAAAAArrrgghhh!!!" 

 

Luc sat upright. Sweat poured from his forehead. It took him a while to realize where he was.

 

In his lab.

 

He looked around him. Everything seemed to be in order. Had he dreamed? Had he dozed off at his desk and suffered from a nightmare? It had seemed so real. This young woman growing into a giantess, destroying his house, then Vienna, then Europe, then the whole world and....

 

"What is the matter?" Peter came in, looking worried. "You screamed. What...?" he asked.

 

"Eh... nothing. I am ok...", Luc stuttered. 

 

Peter shot him a sceptical look. 

 

"I am ok," Luc insisted.

 

"All right," Peter said, though it was clear he didn't believe him. "Well, I found another test subject for our research. A friend of mine. She studies here too."

 

Peter showed him her picture on his phone. 

 

Luc froze.

 

Grinning at him was the girl he dreamed about!

 

"She wrote me she participates in another experiment though..." Peter began, but stopped as Luc looked at him as if he had seen a ghost.

 

"What the hell is wrong?" Peter asked.

 

But Luc couldn't speak. He shot up and ran away. He was out of hearing range when Peter laughed.

 

 

 

Later that day, he met Isabell again. Both had a good laugh at Luc and his reaction.

 

"You are marvellous!" Peter complimented Isabell.

 

"Anytime," Isabell beamed and laughed. They had drugged his tea with a potent sleeping powder, and when he had dozed off, connected him to the portable Matrixer. Isabell had programmed her giantess stuff, and even simulated the four days between her first meeting him (which he never did in real life) and her first visit as a giantess in front of his home.

 

"And what pleases me most, he has quit his job. No more egoistic criticism, no more contradiction," Peter said happily. "He quit an hour after he woke up. Via email."

 

Isabell grinned and raised her glass.

 

"If you ever need me again, give me a call and let me know," she said, a broad smile on her face.

 

 

 

THE END