- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Warning: Subject matter will include talk of incest in this chapter.  Turn away if that's a big "no no" for you.

1 week later…


Ingrid charged forward, holding a pair of bladed tonfas (nicknamed “Divine Trust”)in her hands as she dashed rapidly, nearing her target second by second.  The target in question, being one Attia Simmons, stood her ground as she proceeded to rapidly swing her morningstar (nicknamed “Elegant Destroyer”) at the end of its chain with the velocity equivalent to that of a helicopter blade at full power.  A moment later, Ingrid made a charging motion, swiping with her left arm and then following through with her right.  Attia countered each time, dashing from side to side as the blades neared within inches of her, all while still keeping her Volt Weapon firmly in hand and whipping the spiked weight around as she moved.


The two Pandoras continued this song-and-dance for a good minute, with Ingrid charging and dashing at Attia either from the flanks or straight towards her, while Attia ducked, jumped, bobbed and weaved her way to avoid being slashed by the redhead’s paired Volt Weapon.


When it appeared that an opening had made itself known to Attia, the silver-haired Pandora took her opportunity to strike.  With a battlecry, Attila whipped her Volt Weapon straight towards Ingrid’s torso, figuring that it would be most advantageous to aim for the literal center of her target.


To Attia’s surprise, Ingrid crossed her arms in response, using the long blades of her tonfas to intercept the heavy spiked ball as it beared down upon her abdomen.  Metal clashed with metal as Attia’s morningstar collided with Ingrid’s tonfa blades, with sparks lighting up for a brief interval of a few seconds.


“Nice counter,” remarked Attia with a grin.


“I suppose I should be flattered, given that I’m being praised by someone above me in rank,” replied Ingrid as she leapt back after blunting the impact.


“Oh come now, Ingrid,” continued Attia, “you know I’m not one to flaunt rank compared to others.”  The petite Italian Pandora proceeded to begin twirling her Volt Weapon once more as she prepared for Ingrid’s next move.


“Whatever, less talking, more sparring,” replied the redhead as she repositioned her footing and prepared to make another dash towards Attia.


The “Guardian of Order” inhaled deeply before a light blue aura began to emanate from her whole body.  A few seconds later, Ingrid dashed off straight towards Attia using a standard Acceleration (also known as an Accel Turn).


[*To help clarify somewhat from this point on, Accel Turn is classified as a “High End Battle Skill” used by 3rd-year Pandoras in combating the Nova, whereupon they rely on high-speed movement which the human eye cannot quite comprehend.  For more details, feel free to consult the Freezing Wiki.  Here is a breakdown of the various levels of Accel Turn:


Basic Acceleration - 380.6mph (or Mach 0.5)

Double Accel - 761.2mph (Mach 1)

Triple Accel - 1141.8mph (Mach 1.5)

Quadruple Accel - 1522.4mph (Mach 2)

Quintuple Accel - 1903mph (Mach 2.5)

“Transcendent” Accel - 2283.6mph (Mach 3)


There’ll be more to add on in due time, but hopefully that should clarify a smidgen on that matter for the time being.  Again, for those who are either not familiar with the broader Freezing universe or would like to read more, consult the Freezing wiki for further details.]


Attia proceeded to dodge Ingrid’s assault, occasionally whipping her Volt Weapon in wide arcs or throwing it directly at Ingrid when possible.  Given their types of Volt Weapons, Ingrid’s specialty was getting up close and personal while Attia preferred mid-to-long range attacks.  This back-and-forth style of combat went on between the two, with Ingrid trying to close the gap while Attia tried to maintain her distance, hopping about to try and keep Ingrid several yards away from her.


While the match between the 8th and 9th ranked 3rd-year Pandoras at West Genetics was underway, other matches were occurring simultaneously within the massive training area which Kazuha Aoi was overlooking.


Rana and Creo were going at it with some good old-fashioned close-quarter combat, given that both of their Volt Weapons (Creo’s “Infinity Fang” and Rana’s “Four Senses”) consisted of armored gauntlets fastened around their fists.  Relying on a series of jabs, hooks, and haymakers, the two were engaged in their own respective dance, keeping their distance relatively short (no more than arm’s reach by Pandora standards).  It was about as close to a classic boxing match as one could expect.


While that was going on, Ticy Phenyl and Holly Rose were engaged in a classic sword match, with both of their Volt Weapons (Ticy’s “Gigantes Glaive” and Holly’s “Excalibur”) clashing at times and creating rather vivid explosions of sparks as they did so.  Each woman relied on a mix of Accel Turns (sometimes going as far as using Double Accel) as they dashed across their stretch of the training area.  At one point, Ticy made a standard horizontal slash, which Holly blocked, Accel Turned back a few paces, then positioned her blade forward before thrusting like a professional jouster.  Ticy in turn sidestepped and held her blade high in preparation for a downward vertical strike, crying out as she swung her sword straight downwards.  Holly held her blade horizontally, using it to block Ticy’s own blade with the two having a contest of strength as they pushed their blades against one another.


“Not bad, Miss Phenyl,” grunted Holly with a small grin.


“You humble me, Miss Rose,” replied Ticy with her own grin.


Meanwhile, Satellizer and Arnett were engaged in their own back-and-forth slashfest, with Satellizer’s “Nova Blood” clashing at times with Arnett’s “Scythe Machina” as the two whipped and zigzagged around their stretch of the training area in their own game of cat-and-mouse.  Apparently, the two were having a contest of “who is faster” in terms of their own fighting abilities.  It seemed as though Arnett was the slightly faster of the two at the start of their match, but Satellizer had shortened the gap soon enough with the two of them now neck-in-neck.


“Deja vu, eh Satellizer?” grinned Arnett.  “Reminds me of our Carnival.”


“I suppose you could say that,” said a somewhat serious Satellizer in response.  The blonde-haired, big-boobed beauty had a tendency of being rather to-the-point when it was time to fight, whether in a training session or in actual combat.  It was quite the character change in her demeanor for those who didn’t know the young woman well, given how reserved and somewhat timid she tended to be in other settings (especially around Kazuya).


Both Satellizer and Arnett decided to initiate a Double Accel at the exact same time, charging towards one another with frightening speed as they clashed their Volt Weapons against each other once more, sparks lighting up as sharpened steel collided with equally sharpened steel.


“You never really were one for small talk in these kinds of things,” said Arnett as they moved about the training area.


“Why talk during a combat session?” remarked Satellizer, getting somewhat irked by Arnett’s inherent desire for small talk during their match.


“Oh, come on now Miss “Untouchable Queen,” no need to be so damn uptight.  We ARE sisters-in-arms after all…in more ways than one, of course,” Arnett flashed a grin at the end of that statement.


“W-what’s that supposed to mean?” asked a slightly flustered Satellizer.


“Oh, come now,” stated the “Slashing Trickster” of West Genetics.  “Given that we’re classmates, roommates, and bedmates, there’s no need for you to be so “to-the-point” with me now, is there?  I imagine that Kazuya would prefer it if we got along, yeah?”


“Th-that’s got nothing to do with this,” stated Satellizer, now blushing somewhat in embarrassment given that Kazuya was now inserted into the conversation.


“Oh…that look on your face is just TOO adorable, Satellizer,” stated Arnett.  “I think I might have just discovered your Achilles Heel in combat…just gotta mention Kazuya somehow and you go from being stone-faced to a delicate ingenue in seconds.”


“Enough talk,” stated Satellizer as she tightened her grip on her Volt Weapon, preparing to charge at Arnett once more (in part hoping to keep her from talking more about Kazuya and getting into Satellizer’s head in the process).


Elsewhere, Elizabeth Mably was engaged in her own unique duel with Julia Munberk.  It turned out to be an interesting enough pair-up, with Elizabeth’s “Asymmetrical Strafing” going toe-to-toe with Julia’s own “Division Wave.”  The two Pandoras pretty much let their Volt Weapons do most of the fighting amidst their own respective duel, using the occasional Accel Turn or Double Accel to avoid whatever attacks came right their way.


“Am I being too hard on you, Miss Mably?” teased Julia with a grin as her floating blades hung nearby before she directed them to swoop in and strike at the blonde-haired British beauty.


“Honestly, I’d be rather offended if you were holding back for my sake, Miss Munberk,” stated Elizabeth as she directed her floating satellites to take aim, alternating between Julia’s Volt Weapon and Julia herself.  The two of them appeared to be locked in a sort of ballet between warriors, rarely getting more than ten paces within one another, instead deciding to let their respective weapons do most of the heavy lifting, with each woman commanding and directing her weapon accordingly during the match.  In a way, it was almost akin to a sort of chess match between the two.


While that was going on, Charles Bonaparte and Cassie Lockheart were outclassing everyone else, deciding to put their Acceleration abilities to the real test.  Each of them were moving at Triple Accel speeds during their match, with Charles’s “Vibrato Hell” clashing against Cassie’s “Falchion” at times.


“Well, at least you’re living up to your namesake as the “Godspeed of East Genetics,” and all,” Charles said with a grin.


“Glad I’m not boring you,” replied Cassie.


The shorter blonde-haired Pandora charged forth, rapidly zigzagging with frightening speed to the point where it left after-images of her as she closed the gap between herself and Cassie.  Cassie in turn darted her eyes quickly to try and keep up with Charles’s movements.


‘Which direction?  Where will she attack?’ thought the green-haired 3rd-year as she pondered her opponent’s next move.


‘Left?  Right?  Above?’  Cassie was weighing the likelihood of where the next strike would come from.


She ended up getting her answer as Charles made a swiping move directly behind Cassie, aiming for her lower back near the waistline.  A second later, Charles’s attack connected…with thin air.


Apparently, the “Tempest Phoenix” had attacked Cassie’s own after-image, with the young lady using Triple Accel to vacate the scene at the last moment.


“Commendable,” stated Cassie with a grin as she repositioned her footing, raising her arms somewhat in preparation for Charles’s next attack.


“Usually ideal to go in for the kill and aim for an opponent’s blindspot after all,” said Charles, who admittedly figured that Cassie would be cognizant enough of an attack at her backside.


“No real rules in war after all,” said Cassie in agreement with Charles’s assessment.


“Not when it comes to the Nova anyway,” replied Charles before Accelerating once more and pushing the offensive against her opponent.


Elsewhere, a match between two juggernauts was underway, with both Chiffon Fairchild and Roxanne Elipton going at it rather energetically.


The 1st-ranked and 2nd-ranked 3rd year Pandoras on the global stage were having a test of strength and endurance as each of them clashed using massive clawed gauntlets which encased their arms all the way up to the shoulder.  Whether it was Chiffon’s “Anti-Nova Trial Version” or Roxanne’s “Fairchild Buster” (named as a countermeasure to Chiffon’s own Volt Weapon), each set of gigantic clawed gauntlets were as impressive as they were terrifying.


Sometimes it was a simple matter of throwing punches with said gauntlets, while at other times the two locked claws against one another, pushing as hard and as fierce as they could when “locking horns” with one another, so to speak.  The clashes were so overbearing and powerful that there were changes in wind pressure whenever the two collided in combat, so great was the force behind their punches and swipes at each other.


“Let’s see if I end up dethroning you today and taking the title of 1st-ranked 3rd-year for myself,” teased Roxanne with a big grin.


“Sorry to break it to you,” replied Chiffon with her own trademark smile, “but since this is merely a training session and not a formal Carnival, our ranks wouldn’t change even if you DID manage to defeat me…which sad to say isn’t going to be the case.”  Chiffon’s grin took on a somewhat more ominous look as she finished that last part, which solidified her whole “Unmatched Smiling Monster of West Genetics” moniker which she was known for.


Once more, the two powerhouses collided with one another, with one set of giant clawed fists clashing with its counterpart as the two bounced around their stretch of the training area, sometimes leaping high into the air as if in flight.  Whenever their Volt Weapons made contact with each other, the sonic boom and change in air pressure and wind currents could be felt all throughout the training room (by literally ALL the other Pandoras during their matches).


The training area itself was a massive complex, easily the size of a standard sports stadium by non-augmented human standards.  The ceiling was easily fifty feet at a minimum, allowing a decent amount of room to jump around during combat sessions.  The total area of the room was also remarkably spacious, cleared out to allow for group training sessions.  In this case, the lesson plan for Kazuha’s class consisted of one-on-one combat matches between set pairs among Kazuya’s group.  After the pairs were set up, all of the 3rd-years in Kazuya’s group began their matches.


The rules were pretty basic:  Fights were exclusively one-on-one with no interference from anyone else.  Each pair was to keep their match within a designated zone so as to not intrude or interfere into another pair’s match.  Use of Volt Weapons and Accel Turns was allowed, but no use of Pandora Mode.  The fights lasted for a set amount of time, which in this case was 15 minutes.  A match was deemed over when an opponent was incapacitated or outright yielded the fight.  No killing blows were permitted, though Kazuha had a nearby medical unit on standby if something suddenly ended up occurring (fortunately, a Pandora’s rate of healing was no joke when it came to most injuries).


While all the 3rd-years were busy with their respective matches, Ganessa was given her own task of refining the use of her “Chains of Binding” on numerous practice dummies in a separate training area.  As for Kaho, she was given the simple task of running laps at a nearby track-and-field station so as to improve on her speed and agility, as well as a series of push-ups and crunches in order to work on basic strength training.  While the two of them felt like they were being given “kiddy treatment” compared to the rest of the class, they understood that they would be rather outclassed joining in on the brawl’s going on alongside the 3rd-years.  Compared to the others, Ganessa and Kaho would be minnows swimming in a pool of piranhas if not outright sharks (especially compared to Chiffon and the other top-ranking 3rd-years on the global stage).


That left Kazuya in the observation room alongside his big sister/instructor Kazuha, looking down below at the one-on-one matches occurring, as if they were seated before a sort of gladiatorial game and they were viewing from the Roman emperor’s private area.


“So,” began Kazuha as she looked down upon the 3rd-years during their matches, “how are you getting along with your partners?”  Kazuya paused for a moment, trying to think of an answer that wouldn’t allude to anything perverted.


“Things are…good,” replied the younger Aoi sibling, a slight blush on his cheeks.  The way Kazuya saw things, there was no need to bring up the times he unleashed a Freezing area onto all of his partners and made them have a raging orgasm as a result.


“Just…good?” inquired Kazuha.


“I mean,” began Kazuya once more, “I think that we’re making…progress overall.  From what I can tell, I don’t think that any of them dislike me, at the very least.”


“I should certainly hope not,” declared Kazuha.  “If anything, I’d be hopeful that it’s quite the exact opposite.”


“Well, I’m pretty sure that they all like me as a friend and fellow classmate,” said Kazuya, trying to watch his words carefully.


“I was thinking more along the lines of lovers and fiancees if I’m being blunt, my dear sweet little Kazuya,” countered Kazuha with a mild chuckle.  Her statement made Kazuya’s cheeks warm up slightly at how direct she was being in the midst of things.


“Uhhh…w-well, I’m not sure I’d go THAT far…” replied Kazuya.


“Oh come now, dear Kazuya,” stated Kazuha as she leaned down and scooped up her brother into her arms, holding him tenderly against her E-cup bosom as she rotated him so that she was directly in his line of view as she gazed intently at him.  “It’s clear enough to me that many of those girls are smitten with you.  I’d wager a year’s salary that Satellizer and Rana have a rather severe case of lovesickness for you, given how open they are with their affections.  In fact, I’m going to go out on a limb and state that the vast majority of them are SIGNIFICANTLY interested in you as someone to form a Baptism with.  Trust me, if I felt that a single one of them was genuinely DISinterested in you, I’d inform the higher-ups about it.”


“By higher-ups, you don’t by chance mean grandfather, do you?” inquired Kazuya.  It was an amusing enough response, given that both the Aoi siblings knew DAMN well that that was exactly who Kazuha was referring to.  Kazuha simply grinned in response, basically signifying that the answer to Kazuya’s question was “yes.”


For a moment, the two siblings simply stood there in the observation room, gazing into each other’s eyes.  For Kazuya, his big sister was his chief protector from the moment of birth to the present day.  It was a position which Kazuya revered his sister for even more once she underwent Pandorification, morphing into an outright amazon afterwards.  Kazuya was initially frightened at seeing his big sister becoming his even BIGGER sister, but was assuaged of all concerns or worries when Kazuha proved to be remarkably gentle and tender whenever she held or carried Kazuya during those early days.  If anything, her touch was even more passionate and gentle than it was prior to the procedure, given how easily she could calm Kazuya down to the point of making him slumber off and become particularly drowsy as she carried him around during their childhood years.


As for Kazuha, Kazuya was - to put things bluntly - her EVERYTHING.  While she was able to keep it tempered after becoming enrolled into West Genetics (first as a student, then as an instructor), the passion she felt for her little brother never wavered in its intensity.  If anything, it only grew alongside Kazuha’s size and Pandora abilities.  Perhaps it started out simply as a powerful protective streak, being his older sister and his de facto parent during their formative years, but from Kazuha’s perspective, the feelings she felt for Kazuya had evolved into something far more intense - pushing into the realm of…romance.


Kazuha was no fool.  She knew that large swaths of society heavily frowned upon the idea of romantic love between family members.  Yet even so, that didn’t dissuade her heart from yearning for Kazuya whenever the opportunity presented itself.  In Kazuha’s opinion, she wasn’t too concerned with how others in broader society felt about her feelings towards Kazuya (hell, there were historical examples aplenty involving romantic affection between relatives of renown and even within broader societies*).  Sibling or not, Kazuha felt genuine affection for Kazuya for several years, especially after becoming a Pandora.  Whenever he was nearby, Kazuha’s heart fluctuated between being at peace and pounding so profoundly with affection and yearning for the young man.  It was a feeling which Kazuha both hoped Kazuya reciprocated…and was also fairly certain he in fact DID reciprocate.


[*Just felt the need to put a few examples out there involving relationships between first cousins: Werner von Braun, Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein, Gautama Buddha, Abraham Maslow, Muhammad ibn Abdullah, Edgar Allan Poe, numerous members of the Rothschild Family, Igor Stravinsky, and H.G. Wells to name a few.  There are PLENTY of others, but I figure this list is adequate.


As for relations between siblings or half-siblings, here are a few more broader examples across different cultures: Ancient Egypt (especially among the the Ptolemaic royal family), Biblical examples (Cain marrying his sister Awan, Abraham marrying his half-sister Sarah, Moses being born of an incestuous relationship), Ancient Japan and Korea, Incan Peru, Ancient Hawaii, Central Africa, Ancient Mexico (pre-Columbus), and Thailand.  For further details, consult Wikipedia.  I like to think I made my point.]


In any case, whatever social norms thought about how Kazuha Aoi felt about her little brother, as far as she was concerned, “the heart wants what the heart wants,” and for Kazuha, her heart wanted Kazuya, plain and simple.


“Umm, Kazuha?” asked Kazuya, breaking the proverbial ice.


“Yes?” inquired the elder Aoi sibling, still holding Kazuya against her bosom all the while.


“Not that I’m not enjoying this, of course,” continued a slightly flustered Kazuya, “but perhaps you should set me down now and check on your students.  It would certainly be embarrassing if one of them were to see us like this right now, wouldn’t you agree?”


“Oh?” inquired Kazuha with a playful smirk as she cocked an eyebrow.  “What’s wrong, Kazuya dear?  Worried your girlfriends will have to deal with some new competition?”  The reaction on Kazuya’s face got Kazuha rather giddy, given the way his blush picked up slightly and he turned to the side to break off eye contact, clearly too embarrassed to reply at that moment.


“Well, leaving that stuff aside, it’s not exactly professional to be fraternizing with one of your students like this.  It wouldn’t exactly set a good example as an instructor, you know?” stated Kazuya, trying to be analytical in his reasoning.


“Do you WANT me to let you go now, Kazuya?” asked Kazuha in a slightly husky tone, obviously alluding to the wonderful sensation which each Aoi sibling was feeling from the simple act of touching one another (even if it wasn’t exactly skin-to-skin contact, per se).


Once again, Kazuya paused, trying to find a way to answer that simple question that struck a balance between (a) what good manners and etiquette expected of him and (b) what he desired deep down.  If he was being honest, he NEVER wanted Kazuha to let him go.  Her embrace, her very touch soothed Kazuya to his core and he always found himself longing and yearning for it whenever the opportunity presented itself.  Whether it was in the form of a hug or a kiss, Kazuya never found the simple act of bodily contact boring or tiresome when it came to Kazuha.  No matter how many years had passed since Kazuha had become a Pandora, Kazuya would always revere and love his big sister from the bottom of his heart.  And even though society had standards declaring such love to be taboo, Kazuya simply couldn’t bring himself to stop feeling the way he did about Kazuha.


“I…I umm…” said Kazuya, obviously at a loss for words and struggling to find the correct answer to Kazuha’s question.


‘Say YES dammit,’ thought Kazuya to himself, trying to suppress his urges.  ‘Just say YES already!  Before you end up doing something you’ll regret!’


Deciding to take the initiative, Kazuha simply leaned in and planted a kiss on Kazuya’s lips.  There was no tongue-play involved, but that made the smooch no less intense or heart-pounding (for both Aoi siblings).  After a good five seconds of just melting into one another’s lips, Kazuha gently set down Kazuya.  Though he expected her to stand up once more, Kazuya was curious to see his big sister keep to a kneeling position and place her hands upon the sides of Kazuya’s face, so as to direct his gaze solely onto her.


“Kazuya,” whispered Kazuha with intense longing in both her eyes and in the tone of her voice.


“Y-yes?” asked a particularly flustered Kazuya.


“You don’t have to choose, you know…”


“Ch-choose?  Choose what, exactly?”


“Between me being your big sister and being something…more.”


Kazuya’s eyes shot wide open upon hearing this.  Was Kazuha alluding to what he thought she was implying?  Her body language seemed to indicate as much, and it seemed apparent enough that she was aware of how he felt about her, not just as a sibling, in the way he saw her as a WOMAN.


“After all, you obviously don’t have to choose between all of them.  I’m sure you’re aware of that by now,” Kazuha teased.  “Quite the contrary, it’s certainly for the best that you pick ALL of them, for more than one reason, of course.”


“K-Kazuha!” said a beet red Kazuya, clearly embarrassed by his big sister pretty much telling him to embrace polygamy with sixteen other women.


“Your reaction is just too adorable, Kazuya,” replied Kazuha with a grin.  “But joking aside, I’m serious all the same, both about you and them…as well as…you and me.”  Kazuha leaned in for another smooch, holding Kazuya against her as she pressed her generous bosom against Kazuya’s own chest as she engaged in another kiss, this one lasting for a good ten seconds.


‘Th-this is unreal,’ thought Kazuya as his mind tried to navigate the ocean of pleasure it was currently drowning in.  ‘There’s no way that Kazuha would be so…open and direct about this sort of thing.


“I’m going to just come out and say it, to set the record straight between you and I,” said Kazuha, still keeping Kazuya in her embrace as she continued her kneeling position.  “I love you Kazuya…or to be more on point, I’m IN love with you, understand?  And to be frank, I don’t mind if you feel the same way about me in turn.  In fact, I’m rather hopeful that you’ll reciprocate the love I have for you.”  Kazuha kept her gaze focused like a hawk onto Kazuya all the while as she made her declaration of affection to the young man.


For his part, Kazuya simply stood there with wide eyes and his mouth slightly open, clearly at a loss for words.  While a part of him was giddy at the prospect of Kazuha reciprocating the feelings he had secretly felt for her for so many years now, another part of him was rather conflicted by all of this.  Should he embrace this revelation?  Should he say “No this is wrong!” and stop it here and now?  For a few seconds, Kazuya’s mind was a veritable whirlwind of emotion and confusion, not sure which direction to take in regards to Kazuha’s confession.


“K-Kazuha…” said a somewhat shaken Kazuya.


“Yes?” replied the elder Aoi with bated breath.


“I…I don’t know…”


“About what?”


“This…all of this,” said Kazuya, getting his emotional bearings somewhat more under control now.  “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t ecstatic at hearing this…but even so…what you’re suggesting…you and I…I can’t help but think that it’s somewhat wrong…”


“And what makes it wrong, Kazuya?” replied Kazuha.  “What makes the notion of the two of us loving one another inherently wrong, exactly?”


“Society, I suppose?” replied Kazuya, his willpower somewhat wavering.


“And what exactly is society, Kazuya?” said Kazuha, continuing her logic-based assault.  “Who or what exactly entails society and what is deemed acceptable behavior anyway?  Ancient Aztec society deemed human sacrifice perfectly acceptable, so should we go back to that particular custom?  When the United States was created, enslavement of those of African descent was seen as part of the natural order between the races, and it took a civil war to upend that custom.  Should we consider bringing back that institution on a global scale?  How about forcibly removing a woman’s clitoris as was the case throughout the developing world?  Is that a social custom that should be respected?  Or marrying off prepubescent girls to men three, four, or even five times their age?  If society dictates a thing like that to be ‘right,’ then should it be respected and obeyed?”  Clearly, Kazuha was on the philosophical warpath on the topic of social norms and ethics.


“K-Kazuha, I get your point on all of those things, but I’m not sure what the broader point you’re trying to make is exactly,” stated Kazuya, trying to keep the conversation back on track.


“The point I’m making, my dear sweet Kazuya,” countered Kazuha, “is that society, in my opinion, is rather fickle.  What social norms or customs are everlasting, I ask you?  Every few centuries, even every few decades, what was taboo is normalized, and vice versa.  And as far as the two of us and how we feel about one another, what harm or damage is done to society simply from the act of us loving one another?  What is inherently wrong or evil about how we feel about each other?  And besides…”


“Besides?” inquired Kazuya, sensing a slight shift in the conversation.


“In my opinion, to a significant extent, Grandfather IS society…insofar as what he says, goes.” Kazuha stated this with a significant amount of confidence in her voice.


“Kazuha,” interjected Kazuya, “even for as much power and clout as he MAY have, Grandfather isn’t so all-powerful as to be able to…”


“Kazuya, PLEASE face facts,” interrupted his big sister.  “Ever since the arrival of the Nova and the threat they pose to the human species, the world order has been largely turned on its head.  Grandfather has been elevated to the genius who helped save civilization from annihilation, and given his level of know-how and genius in the creation of the Pandora, the former “powers that be” are highly reluctant to go against his wishes.  And besides…it’s not as if he’s declaring that the kind of love we have for each other must be mirrored across the planet or anything like that.  So long as consenting adults want to engage in a mutually loving relationship, then what business is it of anybody else’s to interfere in such a thing?  And furthermore, not to sound haughty when I say this…but I’d go so far as to say that our family is no longer beholden to the whims of those with less power than us.”  Kazuya’s brow furrowed upon hearing this, finding his big sister’s reasoning to be somewhat confusing.


“Kazuha, what are you implying on that last part?  What do you mean by “the whims of those with less power than us” exactly?”


“Exactly what I said, Kazuya,” replied Kazuha.  “I know this will sound like a rather foreign concept to you, but our family is…well, there’s no gentle way to put it…ABOVE ordinary humans now.  We no longer answer to them in matters of social customs or their notions of what constitutes ‘ethical behavior,’ at least in my opinion.”


“Kazuha, you’re scaring me a little with where you’re going with this train of thought,” said a somewhat startled Kazuya.  Kazuha in turn merely sighed before continuing.


“Kazuya, PLEASE understand when I say this:  I’m not going so far as to say that we are outright gods among mere lesser mortals and that we should lord over them as if they were insects or anything like that.  I’m merely saying that we are simply MORE than them, for lack of a better or more fitting choice of words.  I mean, after all, look at what an augmented human - be they Pandora or Limiter - can do compared to what a non-augmented human is capable of.  I’d wager that in a hypothetical war between Pandoras and Limiters versus the rest of the human race, the former would come out the victor with relatively minimal casualties.  For all the power that the mightiest nations on the planet wield - the Americans, the Russians, the Chinese, or whoever else - it is but a fraction of what Genetics and Chevalier have at their disposal…and a rather small fraction at that.”


“So you’re saying that we are simply above them and no longer answer to them?  Is that it?” asked a rather skeptical Kazuya.


“Bluntly speaking, to some extent…yes, little brother,” stated Kazuha in a “matter of fact” tone in her voice.  “But that doesn’t mean that we cannot be benevolent all the same.  Even if our family has more power - both literal and political - than the rest of the world could hope to have, it doesn’t mean that we cannot act with restraint and understanding all the same.  I like to think that we - as Pandoras and Limiters - can act with a sense of ‘noblesse oblige’ as Miss Mably would put it, knowing that we are above and more than them while at the same time not letting such power go to our heads.  We are their near-all-powerful guardians, and as such, we are frankly entitled to not be beholden to their sense of what constitutes taboo behavior, so long as nobody is harmed as a result of such a thing.  I guess to summarize things, dear Kazuya, the love we have for one another need not be vilified or labeled as taboo or forbidden simply because of THEIR views on such a thing, given that we - at least in some concrete, tangible ways - are ABOVE and BEYOND them in terms of raw power.”


Hearing all this from his big sister had Kazuya in somewhat of a tizzy, at least in the mental/emotional sense of the word anyway.  Here she was not only confirming a reciprocity of the feelings between the two of them, but also declaring that Kazuya need not feel shame for such feelings due to outside, societal perceptions of said feelings.  It was certainly a lot to take in in such a short amount of time.


“K-Kazuha, I’m not sure what to say,” stated Kazuya.  “You…have me at a loss for words right now.”


“Listen, Kazuya dear,” said Kazuha, bringing Kazuya in for a hug as she pressed her bosom against his torso while wrapping him securely in her embrace, “I’m sorry if this is all a little sudden for you to take in.  I didn’t mean to drop all this on you with the intention of worrying or confusing you.  It’s just…I’ve felt this way about you for quite some time, and I’m pretty sure you’ve felt it in turn about me, which makes me VERY happy to know that.  I just felt that it was time we stopped beating around the bush and embraced this feeling we’ve had towards each other, that’s all.  And just for the record: Grandfather has no qualms about it whatsoever, and wouldn’t object to it in the slightest.”


“That so?” replied Kazuya.


“Yes, to be frank,” said Kazuha with a mild chuckle.  “I’m also telling you all this because things are starting to move in fast-forward somewhat, regarding your situation here at West Genetics.”


“In what way?”


“Well,” said Kazuha with a minor pause before continuing, “with the living arrangements you and your lovely ladies currently find yourselves in…let’s just say that you’ll be expecting more…partners in the VERY near future, my darling Kazuya.”


Once more, Kazuya Aoi’s eyes widened at this latest revelation.


‘Oh god,’ thought the young man.  ‘The old man HONESTLY feels the need to throw more women my way?  I mean, wasn’t sixteen enough?  What does he plan for me at the end of all this?  Fifty women?  A hundred?  Does he think me some kind of vain gigolo who only sees women as sex toys to cast aside after a while?  Good grief…’


“I can see on your face that you have concerns, Kazuya,” said his big sister, “but rest assured, you need not worry too much about them.  All you need to do is simply keep being your loveable self and I promise that everything will work out.”


“How can you be so certain of such a thing?” Kazuya shot back.  “I mean, it’s hard enough trying to juggle giving adequate time to sixteen women as it is already!  I don’t want to toy with their feelings and make them think that I simply see them as notches on a belt or trophies to display on a shelf.  I REALLY want to have a meaningful relationship with all of them, but I’m only ONE man!  I can only give so much time to each individual woman so as to let her know that I honestly appreciate being paired up with her, but there’s only so much time in the day and only so much energy and dedication I can offer per Pandora.  Adding more to the equation is only going to make things even more difficult, and-”


Kazuya was cut off during his worry-induced rant by Kazuha’s lips, which had enveloped Kazuya’s completely as her tongue forced its way into Kazuya’s mouth.  After a hardcore makeout session lasting a good thirty seconds, Kazuya had calmed down from his tempest of worries (though he was panting quite heavily in the aftermath).


“Feel better, Kazuya?” asked Kazuha with a calming grin.


“A little,” replied Kazuya, “but I still stand by my concerns.”


“Don’t worry, Kazuya darling.  I promise you, after you’ve completed your Baptisms, which should go off without a hitch, everything will become MUCH easier, especially with regards to loving your partners, both current and new.”  The grin on Kazuha’s face emanated sheer confidence which left Kazuya in somewhat of a stupor.


“How can you be so certain about that?” he asked.


“I don’t want to spoil the surprise, so all I’m going to say on that note is simply this: Have some faith in your Big Sister.”  Kazuha finished with a grin and one last smooch on Kazuya’s lips before standing upright once more.  Turning on the loudspeakers, she notified the 3rd-year Pandoras to end their matches.  Surprisingly enough, none of them had serious injuries (aside from the mild bruising or cuts here and there, which would heal fast enough within 24 hours or so).  After notifying both Kaho and Ganessa to wrap up their respective exercises as well and to return home with the rest of the group, Kazuha turned her attention once more to Kazuya.


“Just remember what I said, Kazuya darling,” she said as she gazed down longingly at the Limiter before her.  “You need not feel shame or guilt over how you feel about me, because I certainly don’t feel ANY with regards to my love for you.”


Before Kazuya could verbalize a reply, a ringing sound went off just as Kazuha finished speaking.  Reaching into one of the pockets of her dress, she pulled out a cell phone (sized for Pandoras) and checked it to find a message.  Going through the screen, she saw a single message which put a smile on her face.  It read thusly:


“6PM TONIGHT.”


With a look of contentment on her face, Kazuha put her cell phone away and turned back to Kazuya.


“Time to head home, Little Brother,” said Kazuha.  “You and your partners get well-rested and spend some quality time together, understand?  Consider that to be your homework assignment from me.”  Kazuha finished with a chuckle.


“What was that you were reading, if you don’t mind me asking, Kazuha?” asked Kazuya.


“I don’t want to give too much away and spoil the surprise, so let’s just say that it largely involves what we just discussed.  I’m going to leave it at that,” Kazuha stated with a Cheshire Cat-like grin.


So with that, Kazuha’s class had ended and Kazuya (and his partners) vacated the building and were making their way back to their living quarters.  Shortly afterwards, Kazuha left as well, with plans to get ready for what was going to happen within the next few hours.

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter ended up being longer that I intended.  Hope it was somewhat amusing.