- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is where things start to get a little wack...

Chapter 11

Hello?

A soft, weak whisper in Megan's ear practically caused her to jump out of bed. She looked around the room in alarm but found nothing out of the ordinary. Writing it off as her brain still getting out of dream mode, Megan finally dragging herself out of bed, she groggily made her way to the bathroom and fired up the shower. She quickly stripped her clothes off and hopped inside. Letting the warm water run down the curves of her body, she felt as relaxed as she had since this whole ordeal started. Unfortunately, that calm didn't last very long as her brain reminded her of her situation.

Okay, I remember now. I'm going to that jewelry place and finding out what they know about that ring. Find out where they got it from, and maybe I can-

No...waste of time.

Megan shut off the shower momentarily and peeked out the curtain. Why did that voice sound so eerily like her own? Seeing nothing once again, she took one last look around the empty bathroom and resumed showering.

Maybe Amy's ring is messing with my mind, too, she reasoned. If it's strong enough to affect her this much, maybe being near to it is messing with me, like being too close to a radioactive waste site. Or maybe she accidentally shattered a barrier between dimensions and I've got some kind of ghost or spirit stalking me. Or maybe I'm just fucking mental.

Stepping out of the shower, Megan quickly dried her hair and threw on the first set of clean clothes she could find; laundry had been pretty low on her list of priorities the last few days, so she didn't exactly have a wide selection to choose from. She snatched her purse and started down the hallway before stopping at Amy's door and sighing. Part of her just wanted to leave quietly without having to witness more of her roommate's overwhelming power.

Then again, if she decides I'm playing chauffeur again or whatever, I do NOT want to piss her off by vanishing. Just please, God, let her still be something resembling a human.

Before Megan could even knock on the door, it flung open of its own accord to let her in. On the large bed lounged the massive, godlike being that was Amy, clad in only a long pink t-shirt and matching panties, engrossed by something on one of the four televisions she'd created adjacent to one another. A comically large tray of assorted breakfast foods floated next to her from which she continued to pick biscuits and scarf them down.

Well, she's not resting upon a throne or dressed like a Greek goddess, so I guess that's a good sign.

"Good morning!" Amy greeted, peeling her attention from the screens for a split second. "Want some?" she gestured at the food next to her.

"N-no, thank you," Megan replied softly. "Guessing everything is good as ever, huh?"

"Better than any human being has ever had it! Well, at least if you still consider me human. And every morning is going to be just as good from now on!" Amy gestured at the tray next to her. "As you can probably tell, I indulged myself a little bit. Probably inhaled half this thing in the past couple hours."

"You seriously ate that much? Your stomach must be ready to explode."

In lieu of words, Amy lifted her shirt with a grin and patted her the soft skin of her perfectly flat abdomen.

Right, stupid me. Why would inhaling a hundred pounds of food and tens of thousands of calories make her gain a single ounce? I used to joke that she had a black hole for a stomach since she used to be able to eat whatever she wanted and stay skinny, but now she could probably eat ten times her body weight and not have the slightest hint of a belly.

"Guess it seems like kind of a waste of my power to use it for such mundane things, huh?" Amy looked from the tray back to Megan and laughed. "Reality is basically my plaything and I'm just eating food and watching television like a normal person."

"No, no!" Megan exclaimed. "Do whatever makes you happy!"

"Oh, trust me, I don't intend to lay here and gorge myself all day. Just waiting for Nolan to be fully awake before the fun begins. Like you said, he should be the first one to witness my true power, right? I'm trying to keep myself under control until then, so I'm just burning some time by watching a few things. Couple documentaries, couple action movies. Felt like mixing it up."

"All four at once?" Megan asked, eyes darting between screens.

"Yeah. Kinda trippy, but I can hear and see them all individually. Don't ask me to explain what it's like, because I really can't. It just works." Amy turned her gaze back to her tiny roommate. "Did you need something? Because no offense, but these are getting to the good parts."

"J-just thought I'd check if you need anything before I go out for a while."

"Nah, go do whatever you want. Heads-up, though: come twelve o'clock, something big is going down. Really, really big. Don't miss it."

No...more time...

Hearing the whisper in her ear once again, Megan looked from side to side for the source to no avail. "Seeing ghosts or something?" Amy inquired with a cocked eyebrow.

"N-no, I'm alright," Megan insisted, hoping Amy wouldn't probe any further. "Are you absolutely sure you don't need anything before I go?"

"Pretty sure I can handle myself. Love your mindset of keeping me happy, though. You'll make an excellent head servant one day." Seeing Megan's face blanch, Amy rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Kidding, Meg. You know I'm only kidding. Now run along and enjoy yourself so I can finish watching this in peace."

Megan backed out the room and shut the door gently, watching through the shrinking gap as Amy snapped her fingers to create the world's largest mint and popped it in her mouth. Once the door was shut, she sighed deeply and leaned against the wall, trying desperately not to collapse.

Why does she have to make jokes like that?! I know she's always had kind of weird sense of humor and she doesn't MEAN to scare me, but fuck, it's not funny if it could be true! What if she really did want to make me her obedient servant or slave? All it would take is the snap of her fingers, and I'd be bound to the will of the almighty Amy!

Cold sweat poured down her face from her own powerlessness. One way or another, she had to find a way to bring an end to this madness. However benevolent, however kindhearted Amy may be, no one could wield that sort of power without letting it corrupt them. Even in the few short days of wearing that ring, Amy's behavior and personality had undergone a dramatic shift. What would she be like in a month? A year? Fuck, for all she knew, maybe Amy's powers would keep her alive for the rest of eternity. Megan's skin crawled at the idea of living in a universe where she and every other living being were merely toys for an immortal, all-powerful, giant woman.

Unless it was you...

Megan snapped her head around once again to look for the voice, only to find an empty hallway.

Shut up! Megan mentally roared. Figuring she was yelling at herself, she nearly screamed out loud when the voice answered back.

You...heard, came the voice again, broken and distorted like a static filled radio transmission. Hurry!

A sharp, burning sensation shot through Megan's head. Her vision was momentarily filled with the sight of a busy street, full of traffic and lined with stores, before returning to normal.

Okay, that's it. I've lost it. Completely and utterly fucking lost it. Yeah, I've seen all sorts of supernatural, beyond-the-pale shit the last few days, but this...well, I guess this really isn't that weird, after all. But it's happening to ME, that's the scary part! What was that stinging in my brain? And what the hell is the place in my mind? I've never seen that place in my life, yet somehow...I recognize it. Like I know where it is, and there's something I need to handle there, but I have no idea what. Ugh, goddammit. Stop being dumb. Stick to your original idea and just go. Once you get on the road, you'll be fine.

After taking another minute to recuperate, Megan straightened up and headed out the apartment door, unable to shake a nagging feeling of being watched.

**********************************************

Nolan smacked his malfunctioning coffee pot and grumbled. Most mornings, he didn't particularly need the caffeine, but this was certainly an exception. Having been woken up at least four times by the earth shaking during the night, he'd barely slept a wink. On the other hand, those same quakes had knocked out power to his work for the day, so he was at least grateful for the surprise day off.

After sticking a few slices of bread in the toaster, Nolan pulled out his phone and started browsing the morning's headlines. What stuck out most were the stories discussing intense storms and unusual seismic activity of the night before. Inexplicably, despite no earthquakes ever being recorded in the city, numerous quakes triggered the seismographs overnight. Rumors of such strange events occurring throughout town, each of varying plausibility. When rumors began to crop up about Amy, though, Nolan found himself rather disturbed, and when he saw posts alleging she had done bizarre things like shoot lightning from her fingers, he'd quit reading in disgust at the garbage people on the internet would spout for clicks.

His eyes drifted across his apartment, surveying the mess left by the tremors overnight. Turning over a fallen picture frame, he found a photo he and Amy had taken in the first few weeks of their relationship. It was still surreal to think that she was no longer the petite, bespectacled girl in the picture, blushing as she rested her head on his shoulder as they embraced, but rather an enormous, voluptuous amazon. Would they even fit in the same frame at this point? It would be quite a challenge.

A pounding at his door and the chime of the doorbell quickly snapped him back to reality. "Who's there?" Nolan shouted.

"Take a wild guess," came Amy's voice through the door.

Nolan spent a few moments frantically searching for his keys before spotting them on the coffee table and snatching them up. With his hand grasping the doorknob, he paused when a sudden, inexplicable chill shot down his spine and goosebumps formed on his skin.

"Might want to hurry up before I decide to open it the old-fashioned way."

Yanking the door open, Nolan was met with the sight of Amy's massive body towering over him. Tight, short shorts left nearly all of her fair, almost pale thighs exposed, and her low-cut top allowed the porcelain skin of her flat stomach to peek out and showing off her monstrous bosom, those nearly basketball-sized breasts that managed to look bigger every time he'd seen them. His eyes shifted up to meet her warm gaze, her expression seemingly torn between her usual shyness and an uncharacteristic confidence.

"Hey there, small and studly," Amy chirped while squeezing her massive, nine-and-a-half foot frame through the doorway, nearly cracking the walls with her immense strength. She seemed to linger in a bent-over pose longer than necessary, and Nolan wondered if she wasn't purposely giving him a good look at the vast chasm of her cleavage. A few bits of plaster fell to the ground as she stood up and hit her head with a loud thunk, though she didn't so much as flinch at the contact. Though she didn't seem noticeably bigger then when they'd last met, Nolan found Amy far more intimidating than he remembered. Perhaps he'd simply forgotten what it was like to be around someone so enormous. "Hey," he finally greeted after another moment of staring. "What are you doing here?"

"Since you've got the day off, I thought I'd pop in and surprise you for a little bit. Or should do I need a better reason to visit my wonderful boyfriend?"

Nolan's heart skipped a beat. How did she know about that? Maybe he'd texted her and forgotten after spending the last hour half-asleep.

"Of course not, babe. Just wasn't expecting you until much later."

"Yes, that is the point of a surprise, after all," Amy teased.

One of Amy's long fingers stroked the back of Nolan's neck as she sauntered past him towards the den, the perfectly smooth skin of her lower thigh grazing his shoulder. A somewhat shy but nonetheless mischievous glance over her shoulder while she walked, coupled with a wiggle of her butt, erased any doubt as to whether she was putting on a bit of a display for Nolan's benefit. Despite his efforts, he found his eyes glued to her swaying hips and enormous, shapely rear pushing against those skin-tight shorts. When did she get those? For that matter, where did she find any clothes that fit her enormous new body?

"Please excuse the mess, by the way," Nolan grimaced as he took another look around the apartment. "Place is still a total wreck from last night."

"Like you haven't seen my place in way worse shape. Besides, I owe you one from the other day, so let me help out a bit."

With a snap of Amy's fingers, the den began to clean itself. Scattered pillows and books swirled around Nolan and flew to their proper places, a few pieces of furniture swapped positions, and the hardwood floor took on a sheen as though it has just been polished. No less than ten seconds later, the room was practically spotless. Clearly proud of her handiwork, Amy turned her attention back to the dumbfounded Nolan and grinned.

"Better than ever, right?"

"I...h-how?" was all Nolan could manage.

"Duh, I snapped my fingers," Amy teased. "Weren't you paying attention? Really don't think I have to do that, but it feels so satisfying." She rested one hand on her hip and giggled as Nolan continued to stare.

No way, Nolan told himself. No fucking way were those rumors true. That's impossible. "Trust me, if that blew your mind, your head is probably going to explode before the day's over," Amy

declared. "A day you have off thanks to me, by the way, so you're welcome."

"Wait, what?" asked a befuddled Nolan, still trying to absorb what he'd just witnessed.

Amy gave her fingers another snap, and barely a nanosecond passed before the earth began to shake; not as violently as the night before, but still enough to make Nolan lean against the wall for balance.

"Oh, I'll explain everything, handsome. But first, I need to make myself comfortable."

Keeping her gaze focused on her tiny boyfriend, Amy lowered herself into a much too small chair, barely squeezing her massive butt between the armrests. Rather than splinter into a million pieces beneath her swollen rump, Nolan watched in awe as the seat actually expanded to suit Amy's enormous body, easily supporting the nearly one thousand pounds of woman now resting upon it. She stretched out the long, marble-white pillars of her legs and gave a sensual sigh before gesturing for Nolan to take a seat of his own. Not wanting to defy his seemingly superpowered girlfriend, he hustled to the sofa and plopped down.

"Man, I wish you could see the look on your face," Amy giggled. "Your jaw is practically on the floor! This was so worth it. The always calm, collected Nolan is in complete awe of my incredible might!"

A torrent of emotions welled up inside Nolan as he locked eyes with Amy, so many that he couldn't readily single one out. Was he afraid? The better question was: should he be? What was the normal reaction to your already gigantic girlfriend showing off superpowers? Fainting, probably, though Nolan suspected that wouldn't help much. Besides, Amy's warm, smiling gaze made it difficult to be too fearful, no matter how powerful she might have become.

"Sorry if this is rude, Amy, but I'm going to be blunt for a moment; what the fuck is going on here?" "Yeah, that's about what I expected to hear," Amy giggled.

Leaning forward, Amy held up her hand and wiggled her fingers to showcase her ring, its light burning brighter than ever.

"Maybe you would have noticed this if you'd peeled your eyes away from my amazing butt for a few seconds." Her grin somehow stretched even wider. "Although honestly, I might've been a little insulted if you had. Probably wouldn't have recognized this thing anyway, since it wasn't glowing this way at the time, but it's the ring I bought at the jeweler's the other day. This is the source of it all! All my incredible powers, this enormous size, my amazing curves: it all stems from here! No, I don't know where it came from or how something like this could possibly be created. All I know it's transformed me into the most powerful being this universe has ever seen, and it's not slowing down!"

"Y-you're serious," Nolan mumbled.

"Yeah, I know, it sounds ridiculous, and I guess I can't expect you to believe it. A magic ring with the power to bend reality not only exists, but it was just lying around for me of all people to find? Sounds like the plot to the most cliché story imaginable. But trust me, Nolan, it's true!"

"After what I've seen, I'd be kind of dumb to dismiss anything as too ridiculous," Nolan declared. "But exactly what kind of ‘powers' do you have?" Hearing those words come from his mouth made Nolan cringe ever so slightly.

"Whatever the fuck I want them to be, that's what they are. All I have to do is want stuff badly enough and it happens! From the moment I slipped this little thing on, my every little want and desire has come true with me barely lifting a finger! Took me a while to realize that reality itself was catering to me, bending and warping in impossible ways just to please me, but now that I do, I feel like I'm capable of just about anything! Megan somehow convinced me to not do anything too extreme yesterday, so I don't know what real extent of my power, but I feel like I can take on the world! Last night, I had so many dreams about what I could do. Elaborate, vivid ones. Like, I knew it wasn't real when I saw myself standing in downtown, staring at my reflection in the windows of a thirty story building, admiring my absolutely divine body, but holy shit, it sure felt that way."

Merely imagining a naked, skyscraper-sized Amy looming over the city made Nolan's head spin like a top, both in fear and intrigue at his girlfriend wielding such power.

One wish. All it would take is one wish and we'd be nothing but insects at her feet. How is this possible?

"You wouldn't actually get that big, would you?"

"Naaaah," Amy assured him, relaxing back in her chair. "Lots of what I dreamed was stuff I know I'd never do. Although can you imagine looking out the window of an office and seeing these monsters the size of hot air balloons?" Amy giggled and patted the underside of her gargantuan breasts. "But no, being close to ten feet tall has really grown on me. Everyone is so small, so powerless, but I can still treat them like people... and appreciate the eye candy. Besides, even if it is the coolest thing about all this, being humongous isn't all there is to it. I'm capable of all sorts of amazing stuff!"

Without warning, Amy pointed a finger to Nolan's left, and a continuous jet of flame erupted from her fingertip, like the fiery breath of a dragon. The flame dissipated a safe distance away, but close enough that he could feel the warmth of the fire on his skin. Amy relented a moment later and thankfully avoided setting the entire apartment ablaze, smiling at Nolan expectantly.

"Wasn't that fucking awesome?!"

"Okay, that...that was really cool, I have to admit."

Amy grinned pridefully and leaned forward again, resting her elbow on her leg and her chin upon her hand.

"So you're not scared of me, right? I realize this is a crapload of stuff to soak in all at once. Truthfully, I should have just been honest with you yesterday and told you what was going on, but I was terrified that you'd see me a real freak. Think I'd have learned my lesson after you were so accepting when I grew, huh?"

"Don't blame yourself. I can't fathom what must have been going through your mind, so I can't judge. But you know I could never be afraid of my girlfriend. Sure, you might have incredible, supernatural powers, but you're not a freak, and it's not like you're planning on using them to make yourself queen of the world or something."

An awkward silence fell over the room as Amy flushed a bright pink and averted her gaze, making Nolan's heart grind to a halt and his eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets.

"Oh. Oh God, please tell me you aren't."

"Please hear me out before you decide I'm a monster or a lunatic, okay?" Amy pleaded, her confidence wavering for the first time. "It's not like I'm just going to snap my fingers and make everyone worship me overnight!"

Gazing deep into Amy's eyes, Nolan sensed the loving, nerdy, brilliant recluse he always knew was still there. But a gleam in her eye betrayed an ambition she'd never shown, the look of someone who truly grasped the magnitude of power she wielded and wanted nothing more than to use it. Perhaps it was built up after years of being a wallflower and Amy was finally unleashing it all, or maybe she was simply drunk on the power. Whatever her motive, Nolan decided that if she was truly that powerful, it was wise not to try and stand in her way, at least for the moment.

Not like I could do a thing to stop her, anyway, Nolan conceded as he gave Amy a reluctant nod, resigning himself to this increasingly absurd situation. There's no way she means that, right? Hopefully it's just a crazy idea she'll let go of once she comes down from her high. Then again, do you ever get over the kind of power she apparently has?

"Okay, you know I'm not a bad person. I swear I wouldn't be some sort of bloodthirsty tyrant, controlling people's lives and enslaving them! You know I could never do anything so horrible! I'd want to be benevolent!" She paused for a moment, as though embarrassed about what was to come next. "But when I feel the power flowing through my body and consider the endless possibilities at my fingertips, I feel like nothing less than a goddess, and I want to experience everything that entails. I'm not going to be an insignificant, quiet little nobody any longer. Having people bowing before me, worshiping me, building statues in my honor," Amy sighed sensually, and the ground shook ever so slightly. "Maybe it won't meet my expectations, but I have to experience that. And it just feels right for it to be that way! Just look at me! I'm the most powerful being the universe has ever seen! Isn't it only right that I get to shape the world to my liking?"

As he listened, Nolan got the sense that Amy was trying to convince herself that her just as much as him that her wish was somehow reasonable. Even if he dared try persuade her otherwise, what possible response was there to something so outrageous? More importantly, why did a part of him seemingly want this assertive, powerful Amy to do exactly as she intended?

"But enough about me and my crazy fantasies for now, because that's not why I'm here. I believe I made a promise the last time we saw each other, and what sort of goddess doesn't keep her word?"

Amy rose to her feet and, with only a few long strides, stood over her speechless boyfriend. However serious she was about her divine stature, Nolan found it hard to dispute that the woman looming over him was some kind of god. A faint but distinct glow seemed to surround Amy's immense form, and the air itself audibly crackled with a strange energy, as though Amy's body simply couldn't contain all the sheer power she wielded. At the risk of being hyperbolic, standing less than an arm's length away, Nolan found himself filled with an overwhelming sense of awe one would expect in the presence of a deity.

"P-promise? I'm sorry, but my memory's failing me terribly."

"Oh, you don't remember what I did that night? After thrusting myself upon you and getting the first pleasure I've ever had from another person, I rushed you off like you were some sort of disposable boytoy! Even if it was because we were pressed for time, I was so ashamed of myself."

With the grace of someone half her size, Amy gently knelt down and brought her face close to Nolan's, draping her arms over his shoulders. One hand stroked the nape of his neck as she leaned in and pressed her massive bosom against Nolan's muscular chest, and Nolan felt himself grow harder.

"After that, I promised you that when we met again, it would be your turn to have some fun. And I want nothing more than for you to feel the same pleasure you gave me. No, a thousand times greater."

Bringing her lips close to his ear, Amy let out a soft, long moan, and Nolan felt himself shudder with pleasure in the arms of the goddess kneeling before him. Her hands caressed his shoulders and neck on their way up to his cheeks, both her massive palms big enough to engulf most of his face. She pressed her divine lips to his, and Nolan immediately felt an unimaginable warmth spread through his body, as though it was his first kiss all over again. What was probably only a few seconds seemed to last an eternity in Nolan's mind, though that would still not be long enough for his liking. Finally, Amy pulled back ever so slightly and beamed at the sight of her boyfriend's beet red face.

"My god," Nolan panted, "you were right. That...I didn't know such a feeling was possible." "Oh, that wasn't it."

In what was quickly becoming a familiar move to Nolan, Amy's mighty hand grabbed him by the collar and lifted him along with her enormous body, leaving his head only a few inches from the ceiling. A wry smile on her face filled Nolan with a mix of anxiety and excitement as he dangled in Amy's grasp.

"That, love, was just the warmup."