- Text Size +

 

Chapter 7

"Ugh, fuck."

After waking up with a headache, taking some medicine and crashing again, Megan rolled out of bed and noticed she hadn't reset her alarm. The glare of the morning sun caught her eyes as she stood, aggravating her already throbbing headache which was, for once, not hangover-induced; the aspirin was taking it sweet time kicking in.

Yawning rather loudly, Megan went down the hall towards Amy's room. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the thermostat display tick down from seventy-one to sixty-eight before the air conditioning clicked on.

Maybe I had a longer night than I thought, Megan wondered. Or maybe it's shorting out. Oh well, landlord's problem, not mine.

Opening Amy's door, Megan felt a rush of air that sent a strange tingle running down her spine, a feeling that lingered as she walked inside. Shaking it off, Megan waved at her gigantic roommate, propped up in her undersized bed and reading off a tablet that more closely resembled a smartphone in her massive hands.

"Good morning," Amy chirped. "Man, the air finally kicked on. It was getting warm in here." "Um, yeah. Good morning. Feeling okay?"

"I feel absolutely amazing. That must have been the best sleep I've had in my life, which is impressive because I had to turn into a ball to fit under the covers. So what time did you get home last night, anyway? Please tell me you didn't drive home hammered."

"Probably like midnight?" Megan wondered. "I'm not sure. A lot of people left after that little quake, including me. Got home, checked on you and then crashed in bed. I was surprised you were already asleep since you can be a real night owl sometimes." She paused and added, "Also no, I was sober last night. I can control myself when I have to."

"Wait, what quake? Did I sleep through something?"

"Apparently so. Happened at like eleven or so. It wasn't very strong but it went on for a pretty long time.

We don't live anywhere remotely close to a fault, so it sorta freaked everyone out. Unfortunately, the building we were in was pretty old and, like most people, I had no interest dying in a roof collapse, so I left pretty fast."

"Wow, I really did sleep like a rock, then."

"Color me surprised. So, uh, how was the night with your guy?"

Amy turned bright red and smiled. She squeezed her legs together and let out a long, blissful sigh. "That good, huh?" Megan asked.

"Uh-huh," Amy cooed. "I never imagined it could be that good. He was so calm, even when I completely lost myself in pleasure, and believe me when I say I did. I've spent my entire life feeling tiny, helpless, weak, and it was such a rush of power to have a full-grown, muscled man feel so small against me, struggling to hold one of my breasts with both his hands..." She stopped and cleared her throat, embarrassed at how worked up she'd gotten herself. "Sorry, that was probably more detail than you wanted."

"Don't worry, I know I've been far more descriptive in my own stories before. I'm just glad it lived up to your expectations."

"It really did. I can't wait to see him again. So, um, did you need me for something or were you just checking to make sure I hadn't collapsed under my own weight overnight?"

"Yeah, I wanted to make sure you were up since we're going to the beach today. I didn't want you sleeping till noon again."

"Wait, what?"

"My friends and I are hanging out down there. You said last week you were coming, remember? Something about trying to get outside more?"

Amy let the question linger for a moment before sighing. "Ugh, I probably did. But listen, that was when I was about half this size. Do you really think I'm going out to a crowded place like this?"

"Actually, yes, that's exactly why I think you should come. Unless you plan on staying inside the rest of your life, you'll have to do this eventually, so why not go all out? Trust me, it's a good feeling when people admire you, and the looks you'll get are going to blow your mind. People are going to be awestruck. Girls will be jealous and the dudes will be drooling idiots that you'll have wrapped around your relatively little finger."

Amy opened her mouth to reject the offer again, but pursed her lips when she found herself giving it more thought than she would have expected. Most of her mind told her to stand firm, but part of it was forming a compelling case.

Why are you fighting this? This is a golden opportunity, she mused. Quit listening to your antisocial side! A chance to strut around with your incredible new body and make some little co-eds jealous? You know you want this. You've daydreamed about almost this very thing, haven't you?

Of course, fantasy and reality were very different things. Going from being a wallflower to the center of attention actually scared her. Hell, when she was alone with Nolan, she'd been nervous about her revealing outfit. If her hormones hadn't taken over, she may have never taken that damn blanket off.

But you did, and it worked out perfectly, didn't it? Once you got the attention, you loved it. Be proud of yourself! If you're not now, will you ever be?

For a moment, Amy wondered whether she was debating herself or an actual voice in her head. Either way, she found it rather persuasive. Still, her antisocial side wasn't giving up without dredging up another excuse to stay inside.

"Let's say I wanted to go. I can't wear this outfit forever and I have nothing else to wear. What am I going to do, stitch something out of my tiny old clothes?"

As Amy stretched her long arm out to open her closet door, Megan caught sight of the ring on Amy's finger glow a bright red for just a moment; not just reflecting light, but shimmering. The door popped open and drew a gasp from both girls.

"What the actual fuck," Megan declared.

The two women looked at one another and then back at the closet to confirm what they saw; the entirety of Amy's wardrobe was enlarged to match her new size, with the longest shirts reaching all the way to the ground. Even her shoes and sunglasses had grown to suit their owner.

"The heck is going on this morning?" Amy blurted out.

"What do you mean 'this morning'? Yesterday wasn't exactly what I'd call an average day. Is something up?"

Amy sighed and frowned, cursing her big mouth. "Yes, okay? I wanted to write it off as my imagination because I really don't believe in this stuff, but I can't explain away everything that's happened. Plus, I didn't want to freak you out any more than I probably have already."

"So there is more to this story, then. Whatever it is, hit me with it."

"Do you promise not to tell anyone what you're about to see? Like, I will never, ever talk to you again if spill this secret?"

"Amy, if it's that serious, maybe it shouldn't be a secret. But yes, if that's what you want, I won't tell a soul. Now what's going on?"

Without a word, Amy stretched out her hand towards her dresser. Before Megan could raise any questions, a large novel flew from a pile of books and whizzed past Megan's head right towards Amy, who promptly fumbled it a few times. The smaller woman recoiled and stared in shock. Of all the things she'd anticipated seeing, telekinesis was certainly not among them.

"Sorry. I should have warned you what was going to happen. Probably scared the crap out of you." "W-what?! N-no!" Megan stammered with her heart pounding in her chest. "I was just surprised."

"Believe me, so was I," Amy assured her. "Earlier I wanted to check what the weather was going to be like today, right? Tablet was way over there and, of course, I was too lazy to get up and get it. Next thing I know, it's flying over here. And this?" She wrapped her hands around a glass of ice water, her fingers completely encircling it. "I didn't pour it. I thought maybe you did it as a nice gesture while I was asleep. Woke up dying of thirst, chugged the whole thing, looked back five minutes later and it was full again. Watch, maybe it'll happen again."

As her friend looked on, Amy put the glass to her lips and swallowed the entire glass of water in a single gulp. When she pulled it back, the glass was filled to the brim.

"That....that's crazy. What do you-" Megan began.

"Not a clue. Whatever caused me to grow could have also affected my clothes, but that doesn't explain anything else. Heck, I can't rule out that I'm still asleep and in a super long dream, because this seems like some Harry Potter stuff. But quite honestly, I don't really want to think about it. My stress level would go way past eleven if I started worrying about things I can't control. So we're not talking about it, okay?"

"But it-"

"No."

"I saw your-"

"Enough!" Amy shouted with such emotion that Megan jumped straight up, certain the room itself had shaken with Amy's anger. The giant woman's expression softened and she massaged her temples. "Sorry, Meg, that was uncalled for. My emotions are out of whack right now for obvious reasons. Look, I know you're just concerned about me, and I really, really appreciate that, okay? And you're an awesome friend. But I just don't want to discuss it anymore." She paused and furrowed her brow. "And remember, none of this leaves this room."

"O-of course," Megan promised, heart throbbing in her chest. "No one would believe me anyway. Are you telling Nolan, at least?"

"Absolutely not. He handled my new body better than I could imagine, but I'm not pushing my luck. Last thing I need is him worrying I'm turning into some kind of otherworldly creature."

"Got it," Megan nodded furiously.

"Man, I can't believe this all grew with me. Maybe I should have checked last night. Guess I'll dig through them to find something for the beach."

When Amy rose to her feet and stood before her, Megan was able to truly feel how powerful the formerly tiny had become. Yesterday, Megan felt like a child standing near an adult. Though their size difference was unchanged, she now felt more like a bug before her nearly ten foot tall friend. The immense power that Amy exuded was palpable, an aura of might that filled Megan with awe with her presence alone.

"Um, I'll go pack my stuff." Megan said weakly, feeling a bit dizzy.

"Alright, I shouldn't take long myself." Amy pointed her hand at the nearby chest of drawers, which flew open and sent several items her way, a couple of which sailed past her. "Whoops. Guess I still have to get used to the controls on this."

Thought it was tough, Megan managed to keep herself composed for a moment longer before getting out of the room and shutting the door. She immediately went back to her own room, collapsed on the bed and stared at the ceiling, feeling her body tremble.

It's that ring, Megan thought. It's that fucking ring.

Apparently, making Amy the biggest, strongest person to ever walk the planet wasn't enough. Neither was giving her a body with ridiculous curves. No, it had to grant her superpowers, too, because apparently one person can't be have enough.

Megan stopped herself and took a few long, deep breaths.

Calm down, Meg. You shouldn't be freaking out like this. She came running through the mall as a naked giant and you didn't flinch, but you're turning into a scared little girl over this?

But that wasn't the whole reason she was scared. Weird shit had happened the day before, but it wasn't the same. Amy's phone suddenly appearing, that random controller, even the mystery pizza delivery; those all had plausible explanations. Everything she'd just witnessed was obviously supernatural. So either the ring was becoming less subtle or Amy's powers were getting stronger.

Hell, maybe this was only the tip of the iceberg. What if her power just kept growing out of control? Someone having that kind of power was almost unfair. Wait, was she jealous? No, of course not! She was just concerned about her friend. Who knows what effects that ring might be having on her? Megan was certainly not envious of her incredible size and figure. Not in the slightest.

Okay, maybe the slightest...

Sitting up and shaking her head, Megan tapped the brakes on that train of thought and considered how ridiculous it all sounded. Levitating a book is a long, long way from sculpting reality.

Stop being dumb and just take it easy. She might be a giant superwoman with magical powers, but she's still the same lovable little dork on the inside. Once you get to the beach, you'll forget all about this.

As Megan stuffed a few items into her bag, she considered a possible silver lining; Amy having that ring meant that it wasn't in the hands of someone else. Granted, she wasn't exactly the greatest candidate. Sweet as she was, Amy was prone to bouts of depression and a rather nasty temper. In fact, Nolan mentioned she was quite angry when her transformation started.

Still, Megan could think of far worse people to have that kind of power.

Like herself.