- Text Size +

 

Chapter 8

The forty-five minute drive to the beach was largely quiet, giving Megan plenty of time to calm herself. Aside from occasionally looking at her phone and giggling, Amy was mostly content to play her handheld console while scarfing down massive handfuls of potato chips which, judging by how many Amy had inhaled, must have refilled itself five or six times. Megan couldn't help but note that Amy would have gotten carsick in the first two minutes of trying that in the past.

As they neared their destination, Amy loudly snapped her fingers, then proceeded to do it twice more. "What are you doing, exactly?" Megan asked.

"I forgot one of my games at the apartment and I thought maybe I could make it appear if I thought hard enough. I haven't actually consciously tried making stuff appear. Maybe I can't do that yet."

The giant woman snapped her fingers twice more to no avail. Megan looked up in the rearview mirror in annoyance.

"Do you have to snap your fingers, though? That's kind of irritating."

"Like I have any idea how this works. Do you think these powers came with an instruction manual or something? I'm just trying everything I can think of."

One last snap was followed by a pop, at which point a small white box landed on Amy's lap.

"Wow, it...wow," she commented, holding it up in surprise. "I really didn't think that would work. Maybe I'm getting the hang of this after all."

Okay, she can teleport stuff now willingly now, Megan thought. Guess we'll check that off the list. But look, if the worst thing she's going to do with her superpowers is conjure video games and eat endless supplies of junk food instead of, I dunno, trying take over the world, then there's not a lot to worry about, right? Just keep trying to treat her like she's normal.

Pulling into the parking lot for the beach, Megan gasped at the sight of an open space in the front row; part of the lot was blocked off by construction, and the rest was completely packed. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, Megan sped towards it and pulled in, just edging out another driver.

"Wow, we lucked out, huh?" Amy remarked. "I didn't feel like walking very far, but I didn't think we'd actually get something this close."

"Yeah, I sure didn't, either. Guess someone just left."

Megan jumped out of the vehicle and walked around to let Amy out, but before she could, the lift gate popped open of its own volition, allowing Amy to slide out and make her first clothed appearance since her growth spurt.

Despite Megan's objections to the nerdiness, Amy had insisted on wearing a grey t-shirt emblazoned with some video game character whose name Megan couldn't be assed to remember. It was fairly long, keeping her stomach covered even as she stood on her tiptoes and stretched her arms towards the sky, an act that only made Megan feel even smaller. At least Amy had taken some of Megan's advice by paring it with skin-tight shorts that hugged her newly enlarged derriere and barely came a third of the way down to her knees; not ridiculously short, but downright scandalous by Amy's standards, showing off legs that were as nearly as long as some other women's entire bodies.

"Going to go out on a limb and say people are noticing me," Amy observed, looking over the parking lot. "Trust me, this is only the start," Megan assured her. "Here, I'll take this bag. Can you take the others?" "Nah, you don't have to. I'll just get them all."

With a flick of her wrists, Amy summoned the three beach bags to her hands, sending them flying past Megan's head.

"I appreciate the thought, but do you really think it's a good idea to use your powers in public?" Megan asked.

"Whoops. You're right, I probably shouldn't. Getting attention for my body is one thing, but I'd rather not have people going around thinking I'm some kind of witch or sorceress."

Or goddess, she briefly thought. Psssh, yeah, right. Me, a goddess. Only if there's a patron goddess of dorks.

The duo headed along the path towards the beach with Amy leading the way. As they crossed a busy road, more and more heads began to turn. Amy felt uneasy at first, but slowly adjusted to the attention.

Doesn't it feel kind of good? she asked herself. Feeling their eyes looking you over? Getting looks from people who would have never given you a second glance? No, it just doesn't feel good; it feels great!

Even though she wasn't completely comfortable yet, Amy had to admit it felt good. It wasn't right to judge her self-worth by how much attention others paid her, and she knew that. But for someone with crippling confidence issues and a pitiful level of self-esteem since her childhood, every look of admiration, awe and even envy was a boost to her almost non-existent ego.

Upon reaching a crosswalk, the passing cars practically ground to a halt, with several drivers nearly rear ending one another. As they crossed, a number of drivers tooted their horns, but Amy chose not to pay them any heed.

"Hey, if you cause a wreck from people gawking at you, are you responsible for the damages?" Megan teased.

"Oh, shut up," Amy shot back.

Finally, the pair set foot on the white sands of the beach. Amy visually scoured the beach, noticing more heads turning and people approaching, but couldn't spot any of Megan's friends.

"I don't see anyone," Amy remarked.

"Yeah, they just texted me a second ago, they had a flat tire and traffic is god-awful so they're gonna be a good while. Guess we should just make ourselves comfortable, then."

"Works just fine for me. Gives us some time to set up and unwind. Let's go find somewhere to plop down."

Strutting along, Amy passed within arm's reach of more than a few admirers, many of which were surprisingly attractive. Looking down on them, Amy made a humorous observation; to one another, they were short, average, or tall, but to her, they were all the same size: tiny. Being so much bigger than so many people filled Amy with a sense of power she rarely felt.

Just look how small they all are! Some of these jock guys used to loom over you, and now they don't even come up to your chest! You could probably lift them off the ground with one hand! Don't you see how unbelievably powerful you've become already? You've got magical abilities, a body people can't peel their eyes from, and you tower over every person on the planet!

Embarrassed that she let herself get caught up in such ridiculous thoughts, Amy blushed and shook her head. Thankfully, most of the onlookers kept their mouths shut and simply watched her beautiful form move. Unfortunately, the few people that did speak up were the least desirable.

"Holy shit, what did the geek do to herself?" a woman's voice sneered.

Looking to her left, Amy was faced with a tall blonde who was roughly Megan's height, clad in a tight red bikini that emphasized her sizable assets. Flanked by a few women and three athletic, relatively tall men, the blonde stared at the pair with a smug look.

"Oh, thaaaaat's why this place reeks of bitch," Megan remarked. "What's up, Claire? Not used to seeing you standing up."

"That's so mean, Megan! I'm just showing some concern for the giant mutant, that's all. What did she do, jump in a vat of nuclear waste?"

Amy scowled at the mouthy woman before her. After being picked on in high school by Claire and her friends for her geekiness, looks, and general awkwardness, Amy had hoped things would change after graduating. Like much of her sorority, though, Claire was one of those girls who pretended college was just an extension of high school, complete with the cliques and cattiness. Though things had lightened up a bit once Megan took Amy under her wing, she still dealt with abuse and the occasional 'harmless' prank. At first, Amy went into her normal routine - endure the insults the best she could until Claire and her group moved to another target - but a part of her wasn't having any of it.

Don't take that shit from her! Who does that little girl think she's talking to? Tell her to fuck off.

"Go away," Amy muttered. "I'm not in the mood for you."

"Oh, was that backtalk? I guess you grew a bit of a spine, huh? Then again, you probably need one to carry those freakish tits of yours without breaking your back. "

Sighing, Amy rose to her feet and took a few steps towards Claire. For a moment, the obnoxious girl showed a bit of fear of Amy's sheer size, but quickly masked it.

"Speaking of carrying," Claire continued, "you might have a bigger body, but you still carry yourself like a dwarf. Watching you walk is painful."

Normally, those vicious, hurtful words would cut through Amy's heart, and she'd broken down crying from the abuse on more than one occasion in her younger years. They still stung, but rather than bring her down, they simply ticked her off. Fighting back usually made things worse, but Amy knew this time was different.

"I carry myself like a dwarf, huh? Funny, because from up here, you are one."

"And from down here, you're still an insecure loser. Look at you. Pathetic. Even when you have curves, you still hide in your stupid fucking nerd clothes, because deep down, you know you're still hideous."

"Is that so? You know what, Claire? When I was small, dorky, and flat, you made fun of me. Now that I'm tall, beautiful, and voluptuous, you still make fun of me. Maybe you're just an insecure little girl who has to tear down everyone else to make herself feel good, because you're jealous of bodies like this."

Amy slowly rolled up her shirt to the cusp of her breasts, exposing the fair, porcelain skin of her midriff, Putting her hands under her chest, she pulled on the shirt, lifting her breasts along with it until they spilled out. The massive, fleshy orbs, each larger than Amy's own head, bounced and jiggled, barely restrained by a tight, dark blue bikini that seemed to be made of the strongest material on earth. Tossing the garment aside, Amy slid off her shorts and showed off the bikini bottom that hugged her skin and struggled to cover her rump. Placing her hands on her hips, she looked down at Claire and smiled.

"This is your idea of hideous, huh, Claire?"

Clearly flustered and intimidated, Claire struggled to keep up her confident facade. "Look at them! They're ridiculous! How could anyone find someone that freakish attractive?!" "Maybe you should ask those boy toys of yours," Megan interjected. "Once they stop drooling, that is."

Claire glanced over her shoulder and saw the men staring up in awe and amazement at the scantily-clad, curvaceous giant. After angrily elbowing one man in the abs, she turned back to Amy and Megan with a scowl.

"What, didn't believe me?" Megan scoffed. "How about you just scurry away and go be a pest somewhere else?"

"This isn't over..." Claire muttered under her breath. She stormed off, the men in her entourage hesitating for a moment before following along. After they were out of listening distance, Megan looked up at Amy to see the giant girl beaming down at her.

"Proud of yourself, Amy? You should be. Fucking destroyed that bitch, huh?"

"We sure did," Amy said cheerfully, her smile growing wider. "Thanks, Meg. You're awesome. Even when I was a little fucking nobody, you always had my back."

"Oh, um, you're welcome," Megan replied, blushing for a rare time in her life. "Just what best friends do, right?"

Amy nodded and grinned. "Yep. Oh, hey, over there!" she gasped, pointing at a vacant beach umbrella a fair distance away. "Let's go claim it before someone else does."

As Amy walked, she let herself slip and indulge more of the strange, wild thoughts that had seemingly bounced around in her head ever since she grew.

Didn't that feel fucking great?! Yeah, it did. That mouthy little whore got put in her place. You demand respect! With as big and strong as you are, no one will ever get away with talking to like that again. And before long, you won't have to settle for just respect...