- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey y'all! Super-sorry for the delay, but you guys asked some great questions! The cast of FEAR AND DELIGHT has answered them all, and they were just pleased as punch at all the love you've showed them over the past few months. Let's get to those questions without any further delay!

Gentle Readers,

When I first posted the invitation to this Q&A Panel, this saga was sitting at just above 37,000 individual reads; as of this second, that number has rocketed up to substantially higher than 41,000. That’s insane – and all of us here are so proud, honored, and… yes, DELIGHTED that you’ve chosen to spend so much of your time here with us. Best of all, you loyal readers sent in some absolutely inventive and tantalizing questions, and you deserve answers to each and every one of them. Milla, Beck, and I are all at our computers (separately, as we won’t be reading each other’s top-secret answers!) and we’re ready to spill our guts to you! So without further ado I present:

THE ”FEAR & DELIGHT” ALL-ACCESS SUPER-SEXY QUERY PANEL OF CHAMPIONS!

Featuring questions from:

Burelot

Milla (holy shit!)

gts33

caveracavera

vorepop

 

Dear Simon,

About how many tiny people are there in the world? And how many live in your colony? Is it common for tinies to travel into the normal world, and do you know of anyone else having a tiny/normal relationship?

Simon Says:

Those are great questions! Regressor’s Syndrome has been studied for over twenty years at this point since the first outbreak, so we’ve got pretty solid numbers to lean on here. If memory serves, about .06% of the total world population is around my height. That’s still millions of people, but we’re rarer than say, people with dwarfism. There are about 350 of us living in my colony in upstate New York, and that includes (again, to my knowledge!) about every single tiny in the state.

Truth be told, my adventure into the “normal” world as you put it is not especially common. It’s not forbidden or taboo or anything—it’s just much safer for people my size to stay in our government-funded colonies than to try to interact with the outsize world. I actually lived with my family for longer than is typical, only attending college as a tiny because Milla would not have been able to protect me if we were in different classes and dorms and things. Mostly tinies are shipped off to colonies as small children, to be raised by caretakers their own size. That’s not for everybody though—especially me.

And as for tiny-normal relationships… I mean, the stories that Beck reads had to be based on something right? But I’ve never met anybody who’s had a romantic relationship with a tiny, or vice versa. Most of the guys I know from the colony seem to really resent big people for one reason or another.

Dear Milla,

Apologies, as this is—I’m sure—a rather sensitive topic. You say you’re very conscientious, but it seemed quite reckless to eat from the plate your brother was on if you couldn’t see him. Did this incident have a big impact on you?

Milla Says:

Not as big an impact as it had on Simon! Ha-ha. But yes, it was reckless. And of course I was mortified—I’d nearly killed him in a pretty grotesque and inappropriate fashion! So I’m super-grateful to Simon that he wasn’t upset with me or crying or yelling when I managed to rescue him from inside me. I think that might have traumatized me. But like I’ve said before, Simon’s super-brave. We managed to make a joke about it, and the shared secret actually made us closer. And in turn, it seems to have made Si and Beck closer as well. So in a way, I’m glad I had that one reckless moment. Screwy, huh?

Dear Simon,

You’re lucky to have such gentle, lovely giantesses around you—and you live in a society that seems to treat tinies well. But how gentle and understanding is your society towards tinies in general? I see by your words that the world is nice, despite being very different from ours, as normal-sized people seem to go out of their way to keep you safe. But you also talked about frequent political discussions among the tinies… what’s up with that? And how are people who harm tinies treated by your legal system? I know it's hard to CSI out what happened to a tiny who was, say, swallowed whole by an unsuspecting female neighbor—but if somebody is actually tried and found guilty of tiny-murder, how would that be handled? How does your society look at people like that?

Simon Says:

Well—that’s certainly a bit of a gruesome question, isn’t it? (nervous laughter) But you bring up a lot of good points. Yes, I’m super-lucky to have a sister like Milla and a romantic partner like Beck to watch out for me, and I like to think that these days behavior like that is pretty much the norm. But the truth is, I don’t know for sure. That’s actually what I’m here in the big world to find out. There are a lot of rumors in the colonies that the world outside our walls is a kind of anti-tiny hellscape bloodbath… that there are normal-sized folks stomping, crushing, flushing, and devouring us by the truckload. I’m here to prove that’s not true. And so far, if Beck is any indication, the opposite is in fact true. (Thank you, Beck!!)

With regards to the law: Since tinies share all the same DNA with normal-size folks, there was never any question of our personhood. So somebody accused or convicted of killing a tiny is punished just the same as any other murderer would be. But you’re absolutely correct, it is much harder to find those perpetrators—because A, the evidence is much easier to dispose of, and B, tinies in the big world are hard to track and easy to lose. That’s why I go with Milla wherever she goes. And hopefully, later with Beck as well. I do know there are people out there who see tinies as lesser beings, as fodder for sport or pleasure or sustenance, but I hope those are few and far between. But—who knows?

Dear Beck,

You rock, girl! I wanna say that I’m seriously rooting for you and Simon. For so strong a girl, you have a very sensitive and gentle side to you and Simon is very lucky to have you for a girlfriend. Really—it was such a huge surprise that you’re a kickboxer! Really, you’re amazing! Can you do me a favor? Treat Simon well, he’s amazing too! (winks to Simon)

Beck Says:

Well—that’s all very kind of you to say! I’m used to people not realizing how strong I am, I guess they don’t expect a girl like me to be able to fight like I can. I’m all right being underestimated though… it gives me an edge! And don’t you worry, I’ll be good to Simon. He’s… well. He’s very special to me. I’ve never met anybody in the world like him, tiny or otherwise.

Dear Simon and Beck,

I don’t want to spoil the wonderful moment you two are living in, but so far as you know, Simon will be back in the colony in a few weeks. So what are your plans? Simon, are you planning to move into Milla’s apartment? Or do you have to go back—and if so, will Beck visit you there? How do both of you plan on dealing with the separation?

Simon Says:

Okay, truth be told I have no idea how to answer a joint question. So—I guess I’ll answer? And then Beck can answer as well? You’re right, I am scheduled to return to my colony in two weeks’ time. I’m trying not to think about it. I was already loathe to return to my small world (I miss my sister and the excitement of hanging around her and her friends) and now I’ve met Beck… and “met” Beck haha. So I’ll be honest I’m pretty busted up about it. Obviously all of us are hoping for a happy ending of some kind between the two of us, but it’ll take some figuring as to how that’ll work out. In the meantime, my plan is to make the absolute most out of my time with Beck and Milla. That might have to be enough.

Beck Says:

Oh gosh—I don’t want to think about that either. It’s not like I could ask him to stay, right? That would be selfish. I mean, I care about him so much, even though we’ve only known each other a short time. But he has his life somewhere else. And he’s a tiny. He wouldn’t really want somebody who’s over a hundred times his size for a girlfriend, would he? But he’s here for two weeks. I’m hoping there are a few more things we can explore together in that time—because this might be the last time I see him.

Dear Milla,

Oh girl—it’s such a pleasure to meet you! I see your name is Milla too. Mine’s Camilla, but almost everybody I know calls me Milla for short. And it’s not a rare thing that I’ll feel like the story is talking to me when I read my name. Well, you’re a wonderful sort of girl and I understand exactly where you’re coming from, I’d be super-protective of my tiny brother too if I was in your place. You know: “Simon’s braver than anybody I know our size—and just as stupid.” LOL!

Milla Says:

Hey girl! We’re name sisters! How about that! Check it—I’m Camilla too, but Milla’s more fun to say. Simon’s a lucky one I think. If it wasn’t for me, who knows what kind of mayhem he’d wreak on our big world! Don’t underestimate him, he’s capable of incredible things!

Dear Simon,

You’re lucky to be surrounded by such nice giantesses, but how do you handle yourself around less friendly biggos? Or rather—how would you, if you found yourself in a situation like that?

Simon Says:

I don’t expect I’ll ever find myself in a situation like that. I believe that people large and small are fundamentally decent and kind—and I’m confident enough in my own gregarious personality that I think I could talk my way out of any “situations” like that which could arise. But even with my microprojector activated, the truth is if a big person really wanted to harm me—to swallow me whole and not let me out, for instance. Well, there’s not a lot I could do to stop them. So a tiny like me has to be very careful who they interact with. I took a big risk with Beck because I felt like I could trust her, and my trust was rewarded. I don’t go around doing that with everybody I meet, though!

Dear Beck,

I’m curious—what were your views on tinies before you met Si? Did you ever see yourself befriending one, let alone loving one?

Beck Says:

Oh, this is embarrassing! Of course I’d always wanted to meet one. I’d never had the opportunity before. But I never thought I’d form any kind of lasting relationship—not because I didn’t want to, though! I’ve just spent my whole life afraid of my own… fantasies, you know. I always figured that the minute that a tiny figured out I was fantasizing about. You know. Fooling around with them like that, or swallowing them like I did with Simon. They’d be terrified of me, or they’d hate me. I got very lucky that Si’s the kind of boy he is, trusting and brave and… loving, all in one package. God—look at me blush! You’ve got me all worked up over this. He’s just very special, isn’t he?

Dear Milla,

If the roles were reverse and you were the tiny sibling, how do you think your relationship with your brother would be different?

Milla Says:

I don’t think it would be different at all! I’d still be protecting him from his own bravery and stupidity—just like I do now! And he knows it, haha. It’s actually something we’ve discussed. Believe it or not, there’s always been a part of me that wishes I could see the world from Si’s perspective, at least for a little while! I don’t know if I’d dig being a tiny full-time, but maybe!

Dear Simon,

Regressor’s Syndrome—how long has this been around? About since Y2K? Is a movie like Attack of the 50-Foot Woman pretty ironic now, considering the new state of the world? Or is it even more of a cult classic? Also, what’s the filmmaking industry like now? Are size interaction movies and television shows a common thing these days?

Simon Says:

That’s a great question! Regressor’s Syndrome first showed up in the 80s, so the very first tinies are around 40 now. That’s how come all the tech used to assist us is so advanced now, scientists have been developing it for forty years! And yeah, A50W is a major cultural touchstone now. In 2001, there was actually a remake of it that won a bunch of Oscars for vis effects… because they could cast a normal-sized actress to star towering above a bunch of tiny actors in tiny sets. Even the director himself was a tiny! There was a rumor that he and his star were… involved together. But nobody ever snapped a photo. Also—as I’m sure you can well imagine, most of the films centered on tiny -normal interaction are pornographic. Beck’s showed me a few of her favorites, after I teased and begged of course.

Dear Simon,

I think this has been touched on already—but have you ever been in a relationship before? Do you only like big girls or is there a past sweetheart who was more your size?

Simon Says:

I’ve never been much interested in girls my own size. For one reason or another, they lead such small lives. None of them have any aspirations or ambitions. None of them want to do anything but let the colony take care of them. It’s the same with boys my size too. So while I’ve been with a few similar-sized girls, they were flings and nothing more. Not like what I have with Beck.

Dear Beck and Milla,

Have either of you two dated somebody more on the… short side?

Beck and Milla Say:

(in unison, under fits of giggles) NOPE!

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you guys again so very much for continuing to support this little (har!) story. While Simon, Beck, and Milla's first adventure might be over now, that's not to say we won't hear from them more in the future! I'll be taking a little break to dream up more ideas for future escapades... but in the meantime I want to hear from you! What do you think will happen next in FEAR AND DELIGHT PART 2? What do you want to see? And what's been your favorite moment from the story so far?