- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Decided "what the hell" and posted two chapters back to back.

Camille and Theo were on the way out the door, and Theo was regretting he wasn't looking into her face anymore. He enjoyed talking to her. She was smart, funny, and incredible to look at. She was verging on out of his league, even if she was his own size.

As great as it was to have those calves and those thighs filling his line of sight, he couldn't see as much what she was thinking. But the way her muscles moved and flexed so full and cleanly, they had a certain language of their own.

He read the language a bit too slowly, as she stepped one leg directly in front of him.

He heard her say, “Careful.”

He saw her body tense too late. He slammed into her hamstring face first. It was exactly like when he ran into a tree as a kid. He had wrapped his arm around it by reflex, then held on to keep from falling. Her thigh was smooth, and bigger around than the tree, so he wasn't completely successful this time. He fell to his knees, trying to refill his lungs.

A thick woman’s voice laughed above him. “Oh, sorry, Camille. I didn't see him. Sorry little guy.”

Camille bent at the knees a little, reached down to touch his back as he stood and steady him.

She said, “You alright?”

He nodded, straightening against the fingers of her hand.

She moved her fingers to his chin. “Look at me Theo.”

It was definitely a pain having to look so far up every time he wanted to talk to her. She was smiling down with some concern.

Over her shoulder was a woman with long blonde hair, pale skin, but African features. She was pretty, feminine, and a lot bigger than Camille. Nearly a head taller, broader across the shoulders, bigger curves.

The guy Camille had stopped easily was a monster. Knowing what Camille weighed, this woman would be close to two tons. It would have been like getting run over by a bus. It made sense Camille had to use her whole body to stop the woman’s momentum.

Theo still couldn't fully process how big Camille was. The second woman made him dizzy just to look at.

Theo said, “I’m good, Camille.” Then he looked at the mind-bogglingly huge other woman and waved up at her. “I’m fine, tougher than I look.”

She said to Camille while looking down at Theo with a look of wonder, “He is both itty and bitty. So cute though.” She leaned down for a closer look, making Theo’s eyes widen. Then she looked back at Camille and asked her, “Can I pick him up?”

Theo stepped back from the both of them in alarm, waving to get their attention. “Hey! I’m right here, talk to me. And I’d rather you not, if that's okay.”

She stood back up straight, looking down at him from what seemed like the other side of a ravine.

“Cute and sassy,” she said, smiling. Not exactly intimidated by his raised voice.

Camille smiled broadly, saying, “Diane, this is Theo, our new roommate. Straight from the Carolinas.”

“American earther, nice. Hey, is Roxanne Back this year?”

“She is.”

“Damn. Lost a bet.”

Camille laughed, then said, “Fuck you, Diane. She's a lot tougher than you think.”

Diane grimaced and said, “God, I hope not. I don't think she likes me. I don't want any of that smoke.” She looked at Theo. “He’s just your roommate? Thats all?”

Camille said, “Roommates. I've known him about twelve hours.”

Diane looked satisfied. She stepped around Camille, in front of Theo, and squatted down. It gave Theo a sense of vertigo. He inhaled sharply. Squatting, she was still easily over nine feet tall. “Ask her for my number if you want someone fun to show you around. Or just come by.” She touched a finger very gently to his chest. Theo inhaled sharply again. He realized his lungs were already full, and he was getting dizzy. He was hyperventilating. He couldn't quite stop it.

“You be good now, Shawty.” She stood up. “Tell Roxanne I asked about her. Please don't mention the bet thing.” She was gone. Theo could feel the ground shake with every step.

Camille touched his back again, pushing him to lean against her leg. She said to Theo, “Yeah, we're really gonna have to keep an eye on you.”

Theo sighed. He looked up, stepped back, and said, “I do know how to take care of myself a little bit.”

Camille looked down, and said “Come here.” She stepped off the paved walkway onto the grass. Theo noticed how deep her feet sank into the earth with every step. These women had to be really easy to track in the wilderness.

Camille turned toward him, lowering her massive weight to his level, her forearm resting on her knee. She motioned him closer.

“I sense a trick,” Theo said. He stopped about ten feet away, just out of reach.

Her face was still higher than his. She laughed. “Right there is fine. So here is what I want you to do. I want you to try to get away from me.”

Theo frowned. He wasn't sure he liked this game.

“Just turn and run. Like you need to escape.”

Theo put his hands on his hips and glared at her.

“Humor me, little guy.”

He rolled his eyes and turned, started to run.

“Stop,” she said.

Theo turned back. “Seriously?” He walked a couple of steps back toward her, but he was close to 12 feet away now.

“Theo, I’m doing you a favor. Don't give me that lazy, half hearted run. I want you to take off. Hard as you can.”

“This is stupid. Really stupid.”

Camille sighed. She rolled her eyes tilting her head back. “Theo, I'm just trying to show you something.“

“Yeah but do we really...” Theo stopped in mid-sentence. He inhaled sharply, and his eyes went wide, looking past Camille's shoulder. “Oh shit!” He pointed, and Camille turned quickly to see.

That was when Theo took off. He sank his hips, planted his right foot in the dirt, pushed off and twisted the opposite direction from Camille.

He was briefly a receiver in high school, before finding out he couldn't catch. A cornerback until he decided he didn't like tackling. He could run, though.

It was a clean move, and Theo was leaning hard as he planted his second step. This was the acceleration. His body fell into balance in a single direction and his left thigh strained to increase his momentum.

He spotted a convenience store across the street. He’d break for that, cut behind it, look for higher ground.

Theo launched forward, slamming his right leg back into the turf, starting to feel the beginning of the breeze as he neared full—

A large hand snaked under his arm as it swung forward. Theo knew what was coming. He slammed into it hard, his body rolling forward over it as it tilted. Theo was staring at the ground, his torso just about parallel with it, when the grass and dirt he had been standing on suddenly launched away from his feet. Then the world spun for a moment.

His upper back hit hard against her shoulder, his butt much softer against her breast. He was catching his breath.

She was laughing hard, and held up against her it felt like an earthquake.

Camille took only one extra step to slow her momentum, than she was back at a leisurely pace. Like nothing had happened.

She had been distracted, twelve feet away. Crouching at a dead stop. He hadn't gotten four steps.

He looked at the convenience store so far away.

And looking around, these giants were not paying particular attention. Not checking on him to see if he was safe, if this beautiful behemoth of a woman was hurting him.

She was still laughing. “Oh God, that was awesome!”

He turned his head up to her, as she looked at him. Their faces were inches away from each other.

She beamed at him. “ ‘Over there’! You are a riot, man. Told you it wouldn't work though.”

She smelled really nice. A little heavy on the perfume, perhaps. Her hair felt good, tousled a bit and laying across his right shoulder. Her skin was incredibly smooth, a perfect deep tan.

He drank it in for a moment, remembered himself. He looked at her, a little angry. He pulled at her fingers, which were squeezing air out of him, and he felt he soften her grip.

“Not exactly a fair contest,” he huffed.

She shook her head ruefully. “No. Not at all.” Then she flashed a smile. She said, “You’re actually pretty fast. You did better than I thought. You almost got a fourth step on me.”

“Hardy har.”

She looked confused. “Who is Hardy Har?”

In addition to their completely impossible size, they moved like lightning. If he’d been within her reach he wouldn't have gotten a single step.

Theo lifted his head. Things looked more familiar to him, and less familiar. Suddenly he wasn't in a hole, looking up at the world. But the pecan tree to his left seemed low. The grass seemed so far away.

He looked at his shoes dangling, a few feet away. And Camille’s sandals, which stretched the long distance to the ground, sunk three inches deep.

Theo shook his head. It was completely unbelievable. “How... are all of you... this... BIG???”

She chuckled. “Bee Gee Gee Bee.”

Theo threw up his hands. “But what is that?” He asked.

Camille put her hands on his waist and lowered him. They went fully around him,

Camille sighed and gave a rueful, indecisive groan. “Just research Atlasian Gene Crimes.”

“Genetic Engineering? Oh my God. I mean, of course.”

“It's touchy subject, so let's not talk about this right now.” And she started walking away. “Come on. Unless you want to be carried.”

He hurried behind her. She didn't slow down for him this time.