- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So

Theo was standing on the middle cushion of the couch in the living room.  He had decided to be rebellious, and picked the regular couch instead of the “little guy” couch on the risers. His feet didn't make much of a dent in the cushions.  It felt to his feet like thick astroturf.


Theo turned the TV on. He took a seat on the edge, thinking about what he had learned about Atlasians. He was going ask Camille one question about the Gene Crimes.


That would be a small growth point in their relationship.  One question that might bug Camille, to show he wasn't a tiny, cowardly pushover.


He liked her a lot.  He got along well with her.  And he had trouble taking his eyes off her. But he was going to have to get the nerve to stand up to her, even knowing he would be a rag doll if she got her hands on him.


He shuddered at just the thought alone. Camille was so powerful. Then there was Diane. That one kept popping up in his mind. As intimidating as Camille was, Diane was another level.


It was such a strange feeling.  Diane was pretty, in a truly exotic way.  She was buxom to the extreme, a bigger, curvier girl filled with confidence.


But when she stepped toward him, looking down, he wanted to run. He feet had shuffled involuntarily, like a quarterback with happy feet. It had crept up from intimidation and nervousness into full on fear.


It was intensely sexy. Was that weird?He was sure that was weird.  Damned if he didn't halfway want to look her up.


These Atlasian women.  The size. The power.  The boobs. He was out of his depth, and she was the most extreme example of that yet. If he was a rag doll to Camille, what was he to Diane?


But what did she say about Roxanne? “I don't want any part of that.”


Holy shit. What could make a two ton human being say that? Diane was an absolute monster. What could give her pause?


Oh, yeah.  Of course. Godzilla.  Kaiju.


He sat on the edge of the couch, flipping through channels. He went through several Core sitcoms, a few Earth classics, then settled on some Atlasian sitcom set in a manufacturing plant.  In it, some young guy was trying to work the line with women more than twice his size.  He had a crush on one, The tallest one. It was an episode about a Christmas party.


A Christmas Party.  Talk about your timeless Tropes. It also wasn't very funny. Or maybe he was missing the cultural touchstones that made the use of rampant ill-conceived subterfuge  to trick a slow-witted suitor funny.


The silliness was getting to be too much to take when he heard the door open to Camille’s room.  He was looking back over the edge of the couch, to see if someone would come into view.


That was when Theo saw about half a ton of high school girl falling out of the sky toward him.  She had vaulted with one hand over the back, before realizing he was sitting there.


She yelled “Ooh!” As she caught sight of him below her. Theo dove off the couch cushion, choosing the five foot plus fall to the floor over having his mother read of a death so embarrassing, his family would probably just tell people he overdosed on heroin to save face.


She landed sideways on the couch and even with the padding, Theo was sure he felt the vibration under him.


Gen put her feet on the floor,  distraught. “Oh!  Theo, I'm so sorry!  I didn't see you there!  I thought you sat on the other one!”


Theo had rolled under the coffee table, and was rubbing bruised ribs. He looked up at her as he pulled himself from under the table and when he saw her face, he knew right then that he was in for trouble.


He actually started to reverse himself, back under the coffee table, when she reached forward, grabbed both of his arms.  He resisted, or tried.


“I’m okay, I got it,” he protested.  It didn't stop her from pulling him out, picking him up, placing him right back where he was on the couch, but now up against her lower ribs, as she reclined.


It was maddening how effortless it was.  He grabbed at her arm to pull it away, and for a long second it didn't move. Just way too strong for him. He wondered what would happen if she decided to just not let him go.


“Gen,” he said, “What are you doing?  Let go.”


“What?” She asked.  He looked at her with a serious expression and she relented. It was a relief. Camille was on the other side of the door, and she had been very clear. Crystal, in fact. He could hear her talking on the phone through the cracked door.


Theo pulled himself forward, for maybe a foot of separation from physical contact.

He asked Gen, “Who’s she talking to? Your brother?”


She scoffed. “Little jerk.  Before my one jump, he was mean to me all the time. Now he runs to her when I don't do what he wants.”


Theo watched a few moments of the unfunny TV show, then said. “He’s still your twin brother, I mean that's a special bond.  I get angry with my cousin sometimes, but...”


Gen sat up suddenly, which took her from his lower left to his upper right. She settled in, leaning forward, which took her somewhat in front of him.  “I look out for him. I take the blame for his stuff so mom and dad don’t come down on him. I keep him out of trouble at school.”


“I’m just saying don't stay mad. Be mad, sure, but don't stay mad. Don't push him around.  I mean,” he shrugged and looked up at her gesturing wide. “He’s got to be intimidated by you already.”


She looked back over her shoulder, and laughed. “Oh, my God, he’s not.  I'm still so little.”


Little?


She must have seen the look on his face, and laughed again.  “Not to you!” She looked down past the edge of the couch toward the floor below, saying, “Look.”


Her feet were dangling below, albeit a good distance closer to the floor than his own. Theo said "Wow.  Guess it was made for full-grown women, not tiny little eleven footers.”


Gen missed the sarcasm. “Not full grown, but college age.”


Theo said, “You’re pretty big to him.”


She smiled, and said “I’m like a total giant to you, I bet.”


“You're close to double my height.”


“Five or six months, and I will be. Double.” She pulled up her leg onto the couch, squared her shoulders to him.


It was fine, and comfortable, until she leaned forward and said, “You’re being so nice.  I thought you didn't like me.” Leaning forward, with her chest at eye level.  Theo was trying to look up into her face, looking for any sign of mischief, and he couldn't find it.


But they were there, too full to be small,  too perky to be so big. Pushing out just enough against the bra underneath fabric to make themselves known.  Too full, too perky and too eye level to not notice.  But he could put it out of his mind.  For his morality, his self-image, and especially his health.


“Where did you just go?” She asked.


“What do you mean?”


“You were quiet for like fifteen seconds. A slow, knowing smirk broke through the innocence of Gen’s face.  It chilled Theo.


Then she yelled with a huge grin, “You were just looking at my boobs!”


Theo had always figured men were not as subtle as they liked to believe.  That women generally noticed when they looked at women's breasts but were just too polite, or too tired, to keep calling it out every time. Apparently, not these women. A man’s line of sight so much as grazed a titty and they were all over it.


Theo jumped to his feet on the couch, making him just a bit taller than Gen. Somehow it made her no less intimidating.


He looked toward Camille’s open door.  She wasn't coming.


Gen was looking down at her own chest, proud of herself but seemingly puzzled. She had the nerve to cup them, push them up so the twin orbs under her skin bulged into visibility in the v-neck of her pink striped tee shirt. She pushed one up, then the other.  Back and forth, judging them skeptically for herself.


Theo looked into her face and said “Oh, please don't do that.” He wished he hadn't said it.  She looked at him with a really mischievous smile. She was enjoying this.


Theo heard Camille raise her voice on the phone in the other room. He whispered to Gen, “I don't know how you guys can keep acting so humble when your tossing me around like a frisbee.”


Gen whispered, “Don’t be like that.  It’s sweet you even noticed.”


“It’s not sweet, it’s an involuntary reflex. And it’s creepy.  Gen, if some grown ass man stares at your body...”


“Did Camille say something to you? You keep looking at that door.”


She didn't look concerned so much as she looked like she was trying to look concerned. She wasn't buying the threat.  And it was beyond the fact that Theo was standing on the surface she was sitting on just to look her in the eye. Of course Theo himself wasn't a threat.


The fact was, she was already well beyond the size, or even the potential size, of every single male Homo sapiens variant in the galaxy. Every one of them. No matter how old. No matter what cybernetic enhancements or gene therapies or bootleg medications. No Homo sapiens variant could get even half as big as an Atlasian female.


The thought hit Theo hard, and reset just how dangerous this newly huge girl would be.


Every single human male she met, including Theo, she would be able to break in half. It was going to be hard to get Gen to see how she could be exploited. It was even less of a concern for her than an overgrown fifteen year old boy on earth who gets an offer to bang his social sciences teacher.


He had to find a way to back her down.


“Your sister let me know she was concerned, and that I should not flirt or return flirting with you.”


Gen threw back her head in a silent laugh.


“Size isn't everything.  There’s emotional maturity.  I get it, I was young too.  I thought I knew it all,”  Theo said.


“I remember her being sooo much wilder when she was my age! I barely go out with boys!”


“Boys your own age, you're on even ground, they can't take advantage of your youth like an older man could.”


She sat up, looked down her nose at Theo and said, “Are you trying to take advantage of me, Theodore?”


This was going downhill. He said, “I’m gonna go to my room.”


“Can I see it?” She said.


Theo glared at her. “See ...what?”


She laughed that high girly laugh, the one that seemed so strange considering her stature. “Your room!”  Then she looked him up and down like she wanted to change her answer.


A long chill went up and down Theo’s spine.