- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It’s awkward trying to be sweet to a young girl with a crush when she outweighs you by a lean six hundred pounds.

There was a light squeak from a hinge, and a low series of rumbles from the floor.  Camille came out of the bed room, asking them, “See what?”


Theo said, “Retro shows from earth.  These shows remind me of old goofy sitcoms.”


Camille said, “Gaspard says Roxanne came by before she went to the spaceport.”


Gen looked perturbed.  She said, “Why did she go over there?  I think she likes him likes him.”


Camille shook her head, and covered the receiver.  “Roxanne met him when he was just a dick, she still can't see really see past it.” Camille pointed at Gen.  “Before you became the dick.”


Gen flipped her big sister the bird, as Camille walked back into the room. She yelled after her, “He’s scared of me, but he hangs with Godzilla?”


The door closed behind Camille.  Gen slowly turned back to face Theo.  A smile crept onto her face.


Theo gulped.  It was a long, loud gulp, it seemed to take a full minute to get it down, and Gen definitely heard it. She chuckled lightly and looked up and down the length of Theo’s body again. His knees started to weaken.


When Theo started to run, it was too late.  Gen moved incomprehensibly fast.  She leapt forward, and her shadow swallowed him instantly. He fell backward reflexively, mesmerized, reaching out futilely to dull the impact of her weight.


Theo wasn't sure where the line was between being consumed in complete darkness and simply being unconscious.  He thought he might have crossed it for a moment.


There was a moment of nothingness, then confusion, then panic.  She was on top of him, impossible to move.  It took him a moment to realize it couldn't have been her full weight, but she was so solid.  She was young, almost no body fat.  It was like she was a pile of steel girders laying on top of him. The couch had seemed relatively stiff to stand on, but now he was pressed almost fully into it.


She was muttering something about taking advantage and laughing.  He couldn't quite hear it.  Maybe it was funny if he could have heard it.  And if he wasn't waiting for his ribs to start breaking.


He felt the stiff fabric and wire of her bra around his head, sweeping left and right uncomfortably. His right arm was trapped against his chest, his left weakly pushing against her side.


She was slender, for an eleven foot tall being, so he was able to find air to his right. It wasn't as helpful as it would seem, since there wasn't enough space for air in his compressed rib cage.


She put her elbows up under her and lifted just enough that he could breathe and hear what she was saying.


“I'm just a helpless teenager and I need someone to save me!  Bad old Theodore!  No fair, taking advantage of me!”


He was gasping for air, and able to pull his arm free, but she was still laying a lot of weight on him.


“Theo? Okay okay,” she said, sounding a little alarmed all of a sudden after getting a look at how shaken he looked.  She sat up, pulling him up with her.  Theo’s head rolled around limp on his shoulders as he tried to focus his eyes. 


“Oh!” Gen said suddenly her head turning to behind the couch.  Theo heard Camille’s melodic voice.


No, no. No.  He groggily tried to hide himself back in the couch, and Gen followed his lead. She pushed him down, then stretched out to cover him.


This time when her weight came down, he realized just how gentle she was the first time.  The pressure on his body was insane. She was talking to her sister while Theo was swallowed under her, and it felt like every slight movement she made pushed a bit of air from his lungs that he was unable to get back.  His ribs were going to break soon, he knew it. All the air was gone, and he felt like his breakfast was being forced up.  He couldn't take this.


He heard Camille’s voice from seemingly miles away, asking what was going on out here?


He heard Gen explaining she was just watching TV and she was talking out loud about the show.  Then she said Theo was in his room. They started arguing about Gaspard again, and Gen was trying to agree, kept agreeing so she would go before seeing her.  Camille kept pressing, extending the conversation as Theo started to see flashes of light under her bulk that couldn't be real.  Theo tried to retain his consciousness, and failed.


Gen had claimed he was the his room, and he was.  So maybe she wasn't lying. Maybe he was mistaken when he heard her say it, and thought he was trapped under her on the couch. That was his first thought as he came to, in his own bed. He was as sore as he'd ever been. He was wondering if maybe he even had a concussion.


It was dark.  He could only barely make out the ceiling by the dim light diffused through the blinds.  The ceiling was also over twenty feet away from him, so it wasn't easy to focus on it.


His clothes and shoes were still on.  His phone still in his pocket. Two pillows tucked under his head. He was already starting to feel the dull throb distantly in his bones. God, she was so heavy.


He felt around in his pocket, and found his phone. Still in his pocket.  Screen miraculously intact.  He could feel a bruise forming where the hard plastic had compacted against his flesh.


He looked at it.   A couple of messages from his mom.  He had not talked to her since he had landed.  He was even more disoriented now, so he wasn't sure what to say to her.  And he wasn't sure now that this as working.


About twenty-four hours previous, he had met Gen.  Just the sight of her alone had shown him all his presumptions about the possibilities of human potential were completely naive.


Now he was shaken, both physically and mentally, by the same high school girl. The smallest Atlasian woman he had seen to this point. This wasn't what Theo was up against.  He was up against much bigger, much stronger, including a roommate he had yet to meet, but whose name alone seemed to rattle anyone who had seen her.


As cool as Camille was, and Gen didn't seem a bad girl, the size and power was not to be taken lightly at all. It was kind of a thrill, he had thought at first, an invigorating contradiction.  These beautiful, buxom women who stood over twice his height and could lift cars while doing a hair flip, or a sexy pose.


But the problem was, as he had been shown thoroughly, their power was damn near absolute.  And absolute power...


Bigger.  Stronger.  Faster.  Even moreso every day.  How do you convince someone like that to take you seriously?


Theo decided to get out of bed.  He was sitting there in the dark when he saw it. Laying on a blanket in his bedroom.  Gen. She was still there.


This was his worst nightmare at the moment. Camille could not have been more clear. He stood up, his heart starting to pound in his chest.


Should he wake her up and try to make her go?  His only other alternatives were to go get Camille, or to climb out the window right now, and head back to the airport.  Buy his ticket back to earth, forget about this college thing.  Maybe go drive a truck or something.


“Gen,” he whispered from across the vast  bedroom. She was laying next to the bathroom door about 15 feet away. “Gen!” He said again.


She was sound asleep and soundless. He was so not wanting to go near her. He had to.  Now.  Any minute, maybe Camille is looking for her.  Calls her phone, hears it ring in his room. No.


Theo stood, walked over toward her.  He stopped halfway there, working up his nerve.  He took three more steps, and cautiously pushed against her shoulder with his fingers.  She still didn't move.  Crap.


She was scary to him at the moment. How would he make her leave? What if she wouldn't go? Escaping her was off the table if that happened.


He arrived at option three. He pulled his computer desk chair over to the window. This was such a disappointing resolution, but it was the safest. The moment Camille was aware of this situation, he was essentially an invalid.  He wouldn't be safe on this planet at that point, let alone this apartment.


The window sill was over seven feet high.  It had a narrow lip.  Once he grasped the edge, he would have to pull himself up, the unlock it. That's where he  got stuck, trying to pull himself up. The chair rolled lazily beyond his reach.  His feet had traction, but his arms didn't.  So he'd start to skip further away toward falling whenever he tried to get high enough to find a way to reposition.


He finally heard Gen stir after five minutes of futile straining.


“What are you doing?” She said, as Theo struggled wordlessly.  He gave up, dropping to the floor.  She got to her feet then, and it sent fear through Theo. The darkness made her seem even bigger. What would she do?


“I can't have you in here, Gen.  please, you have to go.”


She was quiet for a moment, Theo holding his breath.  He could see she was hurt. But she nodded and said ,”Okay.”


Theo rushed for the door, unlocking the  outer one. He felt terrible that Gen was upset, but his life was at stake here.  Or at least his mobility and self sufficiency. He was also still scared of what types of things Gen saw as funny.  He rushed through the small door ahead of her, to keep his distance.


He ran into the hallway trying to soften his steps.  He moved cautiously toward the living room. He turned back to the door as she opened it, and that's when the hallway went dark.


This was the story of Theo Ramirez, he thought. Not even a small break. He turned to the colossal figure, the giant Asian blonde bombshell stepping into the hall.