- Text Size +

Alex stopped his car at a Richards Street as the front of a Wendy’s exploded sending a large, bulky human figure flying back into a Penny’s. Alex saw police cars and SWAT vans gathered around the destructive scene with various officers armed to the teeth. People were being held back by police barricades, but they couldn’t help be look as the destruction in awe.  He then looked at the Penny’s, and out of the hole came Strong-arm grunting madly while out of the Wendy’s came a tall, blond man wearing a skin tight black and orange leotard.

 

“Atomo” Alex gasped. He then rushed over to another officer, as the supposed hero and his adversary shouted insults at each other.

“How the hell did he escape from his containment chamber?”

“From what I have heard, someone broke into the prison, killed five guards, and then cut the of the power. Don’t worry though we’ve got a SWAT team looking for him”

 

Before Alex could reply there was a loud crash. He turned around and saw Strong-arm, holding Atomo by his legs and slammed him into the pavement repeatedly until Atomo freed himself by striking his opponent with blast of fiery red energy from his right hand thus freeing himself. Atomo stretched his arms out from his chest and fired more bolts of energy from his hands. Strong-arm punched the blasts away as he charged forward but the blasts struck the side of an office building looming over Alex’s position. The resulting explosions sent debris, dust, and fire flying in the air. To Alex’s horror the top of the building came crashing down on his position. He gasped and closed his eyes waiting for inevitable. He heard a loud thud and then a crash. Finally opened his eyes, and saw blackness. Then the blackness began to dissipate and whatever that was covering him, and all others who should have had their skulls bashed in by the debris Alex, and the others saw a 100ft tall woman stand up before them. The fatal rubble slid off her back, and landed on the pavement harmlessly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s her” Alex gasped.  He then saw that Atomo was flying toward her quickly.

“Look out” he shouted. The giantess looked saw Atomo coming, and then quickly swatted Atomo away, but the radioactive villain flew around back toward the giantess.  

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Sandra steeped forward as Atomo approached again. She swatted at him but Atomo flew out of the way. Atomo flew behind her, and fired another energy blast that struck Sandra in the back. Sandra staggered forward, and she quickly grabbed a building to get her balance. She turned around, saw Atomo land on the roof of another building , he than raised his hands, and energy blasts shoot out of his hands, and struck Sandra’s eyes.

Sandra saw red, for a split second, and then faded allowing her to see again, and this time she felt nothing. Atomo fired again, and Sandra experienced the same thing. Atomo looked at his hand perplexed, and then a look of fury came on his face. He fired madly at Sandra, but then did nothing to her. She reached out to grab him but Atomo flew away again. Sandra was about to begin growing again when she felt something hit her. She looked down, and saw a wrecked car. She turned to where the car came from and saw a furious Strong-arm.

 

“What the hell is your problem?” she snapped.

“Stay out of this bitch!” Strong-arm snapped “He’s mine!”

Sandra saw Atomo fly behind Strong-arm. Before Sandra could warn him Strong-arm was stuck in the back another one Atomo’s energy based attacks. Strong-arm staggered forward, and then looked toward Atomo.

“That’s it” he cried as he shoved his hand into a small car, and then raised it like a boxing glove. “It’s happy smashing time!”

Sandra cringed.

 

Strong arm raced toward Atomo with his makeshift punching glove. Suddenly Atomo took a deep breath, and another energy blast, this time from his mouth shattered the car. Strong-arm ignored this and the two of them began to pummel each other senseless.

 

Sandra then snatched up the fighters in her hand.

“All you two stop it!” she ordered.

“Let go you bitch!” Strong arm shouted.

“Fine!” snapped Sandra and she threw the two struggling men to the ground. The force of the impact was so strong; it made a hole in the street. The police closed in and the Commissioner stood beside her. 

“Sorry” she said meekly.

 

“Its ok” replied Alex “we’ve had worse.” A team of people wearing white radiation suits approached the hole. They were carrying large tanks on their backs that were connected to some kind of thick want that made the devices look like aflame throwers.

 “Who are they? She asked.

“They’re a sedation Team” Alex answered “they’ll take of Atomo”

One of the Sedation Team members approached the hole with a Giger Counter, as he approached the whole the ticking from the device became more frequent to the point were there was a tick ever millisecond.

 

“He’s still active, get back!” he shouted. Atomo burst out of the hole and into the air, but Sandra clapped her hands around him before he could escape. She felt him squirm and move about as she held him. She then kneeled down, and held out her clasped hands to the sedation team. The men raised their wands, white smoke shot out of the wands, enveloped her hands. She felt struggling fade until she could only feel Atomo’s body, and nothing more. She then released the unconscious supervillian from her hands.

“What was in that stuff?” she asked Alex as the Sedation Team carried Atomo way.

 

“It’s a Sedation gas that was cooked up to deal with situations like this. By the way, nice catch what’s you name anyways?”

Sandra thought for a bit about what she could call herself but she was drawing a blank. So she thought of the first name that came to mind.

“Sandra” she said with a meek smile.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Strong-arm pulled himself out of the hole. He stood up on the pavement, and looked up at Sandra angrily.

“Hey bitch!” he shouted. Sandra turned around quickly.

“My name is Sandra, pal” she replied sternly.

“I don’t care bitch!” Strong-arm snapped “He was mine to break, butt you just but in and hog all the glory!”

“I was just trying help!” Sandra replied “Glory was the farthest thing from my mind”

“Shut up bitch!” Strong-arm shouted as he began to move forward “Now out of my way, Atomo is mine to kill”

“He’s not” declared Sandra “the Police will deal with him”

“The Police suck!”

“You suck!” and with that Sandra kicked Strong-arm. The arrogant muscle man soared into the air, and vanished. Sandra looked down at Alex nervously.

 

“He’ll live” he said “unfortunately”

Sandra turned around; she saw news reporters, and cameramen gathering around her. She didn’t know what to say, and she was starting to grow more nervous as reporter’s questions barraged her.

“Who are you called?”

“Where are you from?”

Those questions and others came fast and furious.

“Please!” she announced “one at a time please”

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

          “Oh come on!” Kyle snapped as he turned his car as the light changed to green. He and Robert found themselves trapped in traffic jam where people were getting out of their cars, and heading toward Sandra who was surrounded by news reporters.

 

“I don’t have time this crap” Kyle shouted.

“Well then I suggest we go on foot” said Robert. Kyle nodded and the two of them promptly exited the car. They waded their way through the sea of people that lay before them. They pushed their way forward catching glimpses of Sandra knelling down talking to reporters.

 

“Sandy!” Kyle called out. Sandra stopped, and looked into the crowd. Kyle jumped up and down and waving his hand in her direction.

“Sandy!” he cried again.

“Kyle” she gasped and approached his position and then plucked him out of the crowd. She then held him up to her face.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I had to see if you were ok”

“Well, now you know” she replied.

“Sandra” another familiar voice cried out. She looked down and saw her father rush up to her. Before he could say anything to his daughter Alex walked up to him and the two of them saw each other face to face.

 

“Bob?” Alex asked. The two men then smiled and embraced.

“How you doing man?” said Alex enthusiastically as the two of them let go of each other.

“Great” replied Robert.

“Wait a minuet” interrupted Sandra “you two know each other”

“Of course” her Father replied “Andrei, your mother, and I helped him back in our glory days”

“Wow” she replied “I had no idea”

“Well then” but before Alex could finish, he was approached by another police officer holding a radio.

 

“Sir” he said “we’ve got him”

“What?” Alex asked.

“That SWAT team I told you about has cornered the suspect in the Byrne Building” he then handed Alex the radio. Alex then spoke into it.

“This is Commissioner Garrison” he said “I need to speak to whoever’s in charge”

A rough male voice then came from the radio.

“This is Captain McCree, the suspect is on the 26th floor above us. We’re moving in”

“Wait” said Alex “before you do that, describe the suspect”

“He’s about 6 ft tall or so, wearing black and white cloths. He’s armed with a Benelli M4 shotgun and what seemed to be an M4 Carbine with the butt stock cutoff”

“That’s all well and good but what was the color of his eyes?”

“Blue” McCree replied. Alex lowered the radio.

“Shit” he declared “it’s him” he then raised the radio to his lips.

“Ok, don’t engage him, stay there and wait. Back up is coming”

“Copy that” McCgree responded “we’ll for you to give the wor”

Just then gunfire rang out from the radio.

“What the hell?! Jenkins, stop firing!”

There’s one in every team Alex thought to himself.

“Pull back” Alex ordered “I repeat pull bac”

Just then the radio went dead and at the same time an explosion was heard in the distance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Smoke and flames came out of the Byrne Building’s 25th floor. Sandra, Alex, Kyle and her Father gazed in horror. Alex tugged at Sandra’s suit and she looked down at him.

 

“Get me up their, we need to get those men out of there” he said. Sandra nodded and picked him up. She walked up to the brass and nickel building and began to grow larger. She grew until she reached the 26th floor. She reached into floor below it and grabbed large chunks of burning debris and set them down on the sidewalk. The smoke was clearing and she let Alex enter through the window. Alex saw wounded officers come forward.

“Which one is McCgree?” he asked.

“I am” a voice called out. A blond haired, grey eyed man stumbled forward.

“What the hell happened?” Alex asked demandingly.

“He planted the floor with explosives. If Jenkins didn’t freak out we would’ve had him”

 

“Ok, where is he now?”

“He’s still upstairs” replied McCgree.

“Sandra” Alex called out “Can you see anyone on the floor above us?”

 “I just did” replied Sandra with a tone of dread in her voice “I think he’s coming your way”

“Shit” snapped Alex “Alright McCgree, gather your men, we are leaving!”

McCgree nodded and turned to his men.

“You heard him” he barked “let’s go!”

The men began gathering the wounded but one of them then looked out in the hallway and saw the silhouette of an armed man walking toward him.

“Get back!” he shouted “He’s here! He’s”

 

Gunfire cut him off and he fell to the ground dead. The surviving SWAT team members raised their weapons at the door way. The man walked through the door way raised his assault rifle and fired, his blue eyes followed the trail of destruction he was leaving. The SWAT team and Alex scattered and fired back. Three men were struck down by bullets and died promptly.

 

 “Get back everyone” Sandra cried and with that she threw her fist at the assailant. Her fist drove through the floor and slammed into the culprit, smashing walls and sending dust flying. She then scooped up Alex and the SWAT team in her arms and set them down on the pavement below her.

“Everyone okay?” she asked.

“Fine” replied Alex “but just a little dicey”

A medical team rushed up and began to treat the team’s wounds.

“Who was that guy?” Sandra asked Alex

“His name is Frank” he replied.

“Did I just kill him?” she asked nervously.

“No” replied Alex “he can’t be killed. I don’t know how but he has more lives then a cat. I’ve seen him shot, stabbed, blown up, impaled, burned alive, I even saw a bridge fall on him and he still came back”

Sandra looked back into the buildings damaged 25th floor. She stuck her hand in and felt around where she hit Frank. She couldn’t feel anything resembling a human body. She then took her hand out and looked back down at Alex.

 

“Who is he?”

“He’s a mercenary.” Explained Alex “He’s been paid to carry out god knows how many assassinations and is wanted in nearly every country”

“Why was the SWAT team after him?”

“He’s been breaking into the state prison and letting loose all kinds of supercriminals”

“Why?”

“Someone is paying him to do it” replied Alex “but we have no idea who”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Strong-arm walked into the reception room of a rundown Tenement building looking more perturbed then usual.  He walked up the stairs to the second floor the building. He turned and made his into a narrow corridor full of doors. He marched his way to the last door on the right. He noticed that the door was open slightly so he pushed it all the way open and entered.

 

“Frank?” he called out.

“Come in” a cold stern voice answered. Strong-arm entered the room and saw Frank sitting in a black recliner chair.

“What do you want?” he asked.

“I have a new problem. This huge bitch just came out of nowhere and”

“Did she happen to have brown hair?” Frank interrupted.

“She did”

“Then we’re on the same page” said Frank.

“Ok than, I need you to go back to the prison”

“No” replied Frank “I’ve spent too much time fetching playthings for you and your friend’s to harass. I suggest you stop killing your adversaries for once”

“Hear me out” said Strong-arm “I want you free someone who can actually beat the shit out of that bitch”

“Like who?” Frank asked.

“The Titaness” replied Strong-arm.

“As in Alice Spencer?” Frank asked again.“That’s right” replied Strong-arm.“Even though I think it’s a stupid idea I’ll take the job. But I expect twice as much money for what I’ve earned with the last job.”“It’s a deal” said Strong-arm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Sandra threw herself on her bed in exhaustion as soon as she got home. Kyle entered her room sat on the bed with her . “You okay?” he asked.“Fine” she sighed “just a little tired”“A little tired?” Kyle asked “You look extremely tired”“I guess I am”“But I have to say you were amazing” Kyle said proudly.

“Thanks” she replied “I think I’m really going to like being a superhero but think I need someone to cuddle”

 

Kyle smiled and the two of them wrapped their arms around each other. Kyle suddenly began to feel as if her body enveloping him. He looked up and saw that Sandra doubled her size and was holding him like a stuffed animal.

 “I figured I’d do something a little different” she smiled.“No complaints here” Kyle replied. Sandra chuckled and then planted a kiss on his forehead. Suddenly a familiar voice rang out.“Well” said the voice. The two lovebirds turned the door and saw Alex and Sandra’s Father standing in the doorway.“Are we interrupting something?” Alex asked.Sandra sheepishly let go of Kyle.“Your Mother called” said Robert “she’s waiting for you”Kyle waved goodbye and exited the house. Sandra then sat up and looked down at the two older men. “Look Dad we weren’t actually doing it”“That’s not why I’m here” her Father replied “Alex is joining us for diner”“Oh that’s cool”Her father smiled and the two of them began to turn away. “By the way Dad before you go, I have to tell you something”“Shoot” he replied.“Well, when I was fighting Atomo, he was shooting I guess, death rays at me. One hit me in the back which hurt like hell but I didn’t feel any of the rest that hit me”“Were you looking at him?”“After the first one struck my back, yes”“Interesting” he said “you seem to have a subconscious superpower. Those are rare. I guess a force field covers you whenever you’re a aware of an incoming threat but that’s just my guess”

“I know you find this very interesting but I’m hungry” said Alex.

“Oh sorry” replied Robert and the two of them exited the room.

“Dinner in ten minuets dear” he said to his daughter.

“Okay” replied Sandra and she lay back on her small bed and sighed.  

“What a day” she declared.

Chapter End Notes:

Any similarities between Strong-arm and the creations of Rob Liefeld is not accidental.