- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
There is more to Dwayne than expected
(a few minutes later.)

“Remember, stay only at the bakery with Sarah and Betsy. Anything else beyond that and we say that you were disobedient.” You spoke into a car window.

Melody nods. She had changed herself to pretty much what she looked like before, as a live action version of Tamano-no-mae, except her hair was the golden brown color of ears minus her having the ears and tail. She also changed into Sarah’s old clothes. “I will stay with Sarah and Betsy and I will be a good girl.”

“And no going after boys.” Sarah adds. She was in the front seat of the car with her mother. Being bigger gave her that privilege.

“I won’t chase after boys.” Melody crosses her arms like a child. She clearly didn’t like that rule.

“If you listen to all that, Uncle Joe should let you go out with us.” You gave her the incentive, a bit of freedom to look forward too. She needed to be on her best behavior. “If it doesn’t, I have a few friends that can visit the manor.”

“Are they boys?” Melody perks up. That seemed to be the main focus of her attention

You confirmed. “Yes, they are guys.” You needed to take Nick and Chad over to the manor. They needed to learn more about succubus from Uncle Joe.

“I will be really good then.” wiggling with joy, Melody was like a kid going to an amusement park.

You patted the car, while stepping back. “I will see you later then. I have to go to school.”

“See you at the party, Dweeb.” Sarah waved to you as Betsy began to pull out.

“Before. We need to prepare first.”

Melody looked offended and confused as the car left the driveway. “Wait, what party?”

“Not for you.” Betsy answered her firmly, disappointing Melody even more. They then drove off to the bakery, then the manor.

“Time to get ready.” You said, marching over to your house. You had a few minutes to spare before you needed to go. “I can hit the garage gym before having to go.”

Walking into your garage, you go to the more usable side of the split garage. The first half of the garage is the weights and workout equipment that are used by the family. You are probably the largest user of this gear as your dad rarely uses it even though it was meant for him. The other half is the junk drawer of the house. Anything that had no use or space in the house would be tossed over here. It started out being organized and neat but it quickly became cluttered beyond hope. This left no room for a car to be parked.

You find the weights and begin your usual reps. You're glad that you are doing this then having Sarah bring you along for a marathon. You could use some cardio in your workout but Sarah still had that childish energy to go far, farther than what you can do. The runs took your breath out of your lungs and you needed your lungs.

As you did your workout, there was a ringing sensation in your mind and a spot that your eyes were drawn to. It was strange. These two things seemed to beckon you over to something, something in the junk drawer section of the garage. Setting down the weights, you climb through the mountains of junk. The ringing becomes an angelic crescendo similar to Jumanji as you draw nearer to the targeted location. This sixth sense you’ve seemed to have gained has called you deep into the mess where no one has gone in a long time.

The music ends on a high note as you finally reach the spot. A ragged cloth covers something bulking on a top shelf. Pulling it down, you feel that the object inside is in a rectangular shape. Patting away the dust on the cloth, you unwrap it to see what has been hidden.

A book, closer to a tome.

The tome is colored in gold and ivory making gleefully shine compared to the darker tone of Sarah’s family book. It seems as ancient or more but still retains the condition it was in when it was first made. It seemed that dust and dirt abhorred the book; none seemed to want to settle on it. Etched on it was a sword that you could figure that Caspian would have designed. You flipped the tome open and turned to the first page.

“Rex Britanniae Familia Arbor.” You gulped as you tried to read the first line. “What language is that? Latin.” You moved over to the next line which was in english. “Uther, father of-”

Brrinng!

Your phone went off to an anime theme song. There was only one person who had that ringtone. You closed the book and answered the phone.

“Hey, Chad! Whatssup!” You begin to walk back into the house with the book. You and the book seemed linked together that you didn’t want it far away from you.

“Hey man! I was calling to tell you I am going to be late for school. We are having to make and sell a lot today to make sure that we can pay rent for the bakery. We need all hands on deck. I told the teachs already.”

“You want me to keep everyone sensible until you arrive?” You start to put your books into your bag for school, even the tome.

You knew Chad nodded on the other side. “That’s right. I don’t want any trouble. I convinced Caspian to join us for the party. I don’t want something the group does to create conflict and scare him off.”

“Keep the reins on Nick especially, got it!” You swung the backpack on your back.

“Nope, Madi. her new “assets” make her a little bit more confrontational.” You knew he was talking about Madi’s succubus blood. The blood that gave her more of a womanly figure. “Exactly what we don’t need before the party.” He didn’t want Madi seeking a fight with Vicky before the showdown. It would ruin the point of the duel and cause problems, especially for Caspian.

“I will keep the fire controlled with her.” You walked to your car.

“Great.” There was a little dinging on the other side of the phone. “Speak of the devil. It’s Sarah.” You remember that you sent the girls to his bakery. “There are two women with her. The older woman must be her mom.”

“That is correct.” You congratulated his deduction.

The next part surprised you. “Then who is the cute lady that is the closest thing I have seen to a fox maiden?”

You froze in your car. You had sent the girls to a safe place to not draw attention from anyone but you didn’t count on Chad to be there. He was infatuated with foxgirls. With Melody practically being one, this was the closest he might get to the real thing. There was also the problem with Melody. She was hungry for a guy but she needed to keep her horniness down for her grandfather’s approval. It would not be good for the two to meet at the moment.

“It is Melody. Sarah’s cousin. You shouldn’t talk to her.” You had to be somewhat blunt with him.

Chad sounded very bewildered. “Huh? Why? Is she from the realm of darkness?”

“They are having a family chat. It wouldn’t be nice to jump in and possibly yes.” You gave him as much info as needed.

“I understand that.” He bought your excuse. “I wish she had kitsune ears. Do you think that Sarah could introduce me to her?”

“Possibly” You turned your car on. You had avoided a problematic scene if Chad discovered she had those desirable fox ears he desired on her. You need to wait for another time for that. “I have to go to school. See you later.”

You sighed. You were going to have to see about giving an introduction between the two of them. Chad would be expecting her to be the closest thing that a human could look like a foxgirl. It might surprise him to discover she is a bratty little kitsune demoness that is a childish woman. You didn’t know how you would tell him that. How would you inform Sarah about his interest?

That got you imagining Sarah in your head. Which resulted in.

“HHIYYAA! DWEEB!”

“GGAAHH!” You scream as a giant phantasmal Sarah appears on your hood. She is dressed in a red plaid button up shirt and cutoff jean shorts. A redneck vibe. She has her boobs pressing against the bottom of the window, taking a huge chunk of your vision being blocked by her ghostly tits

“Shit! You scared me half to death.” You grab your heart from the beautiful fright. “I could have been driving.”

“Sorry.” Sarah was very apologetic and sincere. “I didn’t mean to endanger you. I will look next time before I do that.”

You breathe deeply as calmness sweeps back over you. “That is alright. We all make mistakes.” You then begin to chuckle. “But it was a good scare.”

Sarah started to laugh too. It was water under the bridge. “It sure was.”

“So why the visit so soon? Did you miss me?” You smile at her country-esque beauty.

“Yes.” She beams back. “I want to see your cute face. I also saw Chad here. Does he work here?” She slides through the window into the passenger seat. A bonus of her daydream walking.

“His family owns the bakery. That is why I sent you there. I didn’t know he was working there until a second ago.” You begin to pull out of the driveway. “He saw you, Betsy, and Melody. He was really into Melody, imagined her as a foxgirl.”

“She is practically one. Don’t know how to disappoint him when he finds her a small twerp. He only sees the illusion.” Sarah looks over to her side, which you presumed her real body was looking at Melody.

“I thought so too. I told him to wait a bit before meeting her.”

“Great idea.” Sarah agrees. “Don’t want to get their hopes up too much.” She then gave a smirk. “But I am not telling Melody. She would go crazy if she knew that there is a guy eyeing her.”

“Don’t want to create a storm there.” You giggle.

“I better go. Time for family bonding.”

“And I have school.”

Sarah reached over and gave you a kiss on the cheek. You swear you could feel it.

“See you later, Dweeb.” and Sarah vanished. You had to continue your drive to school.

Once you arrived at school and proceeded with your day.

“Hey Dweeb. How’s it going?” Nick waves to you in the school hall.

“A lot but nothing I am not enjoying.” You reach out and your hand is met with his as you do a bro hug.

“Tell me about it. you must be loving Sarah’s company in your dreams.” Nick remarks resentfully. You notice he had a weary look in his eyes. “My visitor had too much fun.”

“Wait! You had a visitor in your dreams last night? Who was it?” You were a little shocked. Sarah went to practice with a new succubus in someone else’s dream. Did she go to Nick’s dream for practice?

“Twigs!” Nick declares in a groan. That surprised you.

“You called?”

“Aiie!” Nick jolts as Madi appears magically behind him. She was back in her usual garb. Her bang flashed orange for a second when Nick freaked out. “Don’t scare me like that!”

“Afraid I might be a nightmare.” Madi pokes his cheek.

“Yes.” Nick tries to pull himself away from her prodding finger.

“I am not that scary.” Madi’s bang stays orange.

“Did you visit Caveman last night?” You ask.

Madi turns her attention to you while still poking Nick. Her lock of hair is joyfully orange. “Yep. It was very fun. Did you know-” Her voice is silenced and her bang flashes white as Nick surged forward to cover her mouth.

“Don’t you dare say what you saw.” Nick's eyes were flooded with panic.

Madi grabs his hand and easily pulls it away. She had some muscle from her draconic succubus side hidden underneath her human emo form. “Oh. you don’t want that out. What are you going to do to try and stop me?” Madi smirks as she holds Nick in a precarious situation.

“Name your price.” Nick was dead serious. He didn’t want it out.

“Hmm” Madi taps her chin. “I could go with the succubus thing and ask for a blowjob.” Nick’s face went beet red when she said that. Madi’s lock of hair turned magenta at his response. You wondered what that color was for. “But I would go for something more practical. I want your Coalossal.”

Nick cringes as Madi says those words. That was his key strategy for beating her charizard in their pokemon switch games. Nick sighed at the major loss of one of his key pokemon. “Fine. I will do it. ”

“I’m just joking.” Madi pats him on the shoulder with a chuckle. He shakes from her hidden strength in the blow. “Would I do that to you?” The answer was yes.

“Yes.” Nick confirms it too. “You would take it from me just to make sure that you win.” You nod in agreement.

Madi’s bang turns blue as she is hurt from the accusation. “You are making me sound petty.”

“We are.” You agreed.

Nick nods. “Is there anything else that the petty Twigs wants in exchange.” He was still focused on keeping the dignity of his dream.

Madi’s bang went to a red, a hotter red, as we teased her. “Fine, I won’t take anything. I will keep your secret.” She sounded upset by your accusation.

“Whew.” Nick wipes his brow. “You don’t know how much that means to me.”

“That doesn’t mean I don’t want you to buy me something instead.” Madi grins as she turns orange.

“Shit.” Nick groans as he realizes she wasn’t done with a deal. She was delaying. This conversation would have continued except for.

“Madi Sherwood!” A grumpy feminine voice declares behind Madi. You were surprised by this disruption. Madi was to as her lock went white before going back to red when she turned around.

There was Jessi Donward, Vicky’s longest running lackey. She had a member of her basketball team with her. She had her arms crossed as well as her mood. You noticed that there was no Vicky around.

“You better call off the challenge with Vicky.” Jessi steps forward, making her presence dominating over Madi. She would lose in height if Madi was in her demoness form. “You have no way of beating her in a challenge like this. You have a way with words shooting from the three point line but tonight, when you have to get in the paint, you are not going to be able to make a shot.”

The hallway stopped to watch the conflict between Madi and Jessi. You and Nick were groaning from the attention. You were supposed to give them Chad’s warning and not stir up trouble but trouble came for you.

“I didn’t start this. She did. I’m happy to let bygones be bygones.” Madi wasn’t intimidated. “But she brought my friends into this. I cannot let that slide. I intend to fight her with my friends. I will stand down if she apologizes.” She steps closer to Jessi, not backing down.

Jessi clicks her teeth, not liking where this was going. “She is not going to do that. She is the queen of this school. She bows down to no one and takes what she wants. We are here just to keep her satisfied. If we do that, we can all do what we want underneath her.” The last part sounded a bit sad, like she had accepted her place in everything. “So, just apologize and everything will be good.”

“I can’t do that.” Madi stood defiant as ever. She was not bowing to Vicky. Jessi inhaled deeply as her eyes bore down angrily into Madi’s proud eyes. Jessi looked up to you and Nick’s faces. You gave the same determined face as Madi.

“Please,” Jessi spoke softly. It was a serious and annoyed tone but with a hint of begging. “Just apologize. We can go back to the way things were before this.”

“I told you. I can’t do that.” Madi repeated.

“Fine.” Jessi drops her arms to her side, loosely. She knew she wasn’t going to change Madi’s mind or yours and Nick’s mind. “Just know that you will have to play a full court defense to have any dignity intact.” Jessi turned furiously with her teammate. “Tell the team, I can’t make practice.” She spoke sadly to her teammate as they marched away down the hall.

“Whew.” Nick sighs. He was glad that the encounter with Vicky’s lackey went well. “We didn’t have any problems. I am glad that I didn’t have my face punched out.”

You would agree but the crowd hadn’t died down around you. Something else was happening. You were right as a voice came behind you and Nick.

“Hey, guys. We have a problem.” Caspian Newal whimpers surprisingly behind you.

The three of you turned around to see Caspian taller than what his skinny nerdy self should be. You look up to see that he brought three guys with him, not by his own volition. There was the baseball team’s finest hitter, a member of the boxing team, and the captain of the wrestling team held Caspian up by the collar of his shirt. Caspian’s unruly hair was even wilder and he was missing his iconic nerdy glasses.

You knew exactly what had happened to poor Caspian. These were your challengers for the party and Vicky sent them to rough you up. The easiest and most popular way to get on Vicky’s good side was through Caspian, one of Vicky’s favorite targets. He was bullied by her and others just to vy for her attention. This boiled your blood that they would do it so blatantly in front of you.

Before the group said a word, you dashed over to Caspian. In a swift motion, you grabbed Caspian by the waist and the wrestler’s wrist. You twisted the wrist and pulled Caspian free to the safety of your side.

“Woah! You're pretty quick.” The wrestler stepped back. You and he were surprised by your quick reflexes. You hadn’t ever moved that fast before. Nick and Madi moved quickly in front of Caspian to protect him. “There is no need to be so aggressive. We just asked the pipsqueak where you guys were. He was happy to oblige.”

“That doesn’t look like the case.” You had your arms out wide to make sure that none of them got past you. You were the biggest of your group, except for Chad, but he wasn’t here, and you still didn’t measure up to any of the three that came starting a fight. You still would be the first line of defense even if Madi could turn into her demoness form. You just had to step in to stop this bullying. “If it is, you found us and you can go.”

“Doesn’t look like the one guy that could hold a candle to us is here.” The baseball guy scans your group. He was mentioning Chad. Chad would be taller than the boxing guy and was the most intimidating one of us. “Did he chicken out?” He chuckles.

“He has work. Which is way better than what Vicky is commanding you to do.” You spoke at the core of the matter. “Why don’t you leave and let things play out at the party.” These guys were yours, Nick’s, and Chad’s opponents, not Caspians. You could put up a fight with these at a party duel. Caspian couldn’t. You were trying to get them away from him and not make a scene.

Nick just had to stoke the fire. “That makes him better than you, living honestly. You are just flesh puppets that move to Vicky’s bidding to please her. Make your own decisions.”
Chapter End Notes:
What is the tome the Dwayne has? How will the gang deal with some of the star athletes of their school bully them?