- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What is Dwayne really?
“Oh yes, if the Mayflowers discover who killed Mr. Davis and what they would do.” Andrea noted as she walked back to the group. She was heading directly to the two still bickering about Whitney’s love life. She walked up next to you to talk to the succubus.

“Ahem.” She claps her hands to get the girl’s attention. They stopped their talking and looked at Andrea. “I need to ask you two about your where-”

Andrea stopped talking. She suddenly enters a daze. Madi and Whitney were confused at the awkward silence brought after calling them out. Andrea then turns her head to you. She had bewilderment written all over her face.

“Is something wrong?” You felt the awkwardness deeply as those perplexed eyes dug deeper into your soul.

“Now that I am close to you, I feel a strange energy coming from you. It is very close to divine energy.” Andrea stepped closer to you to get a better understanding of what she was feeling. She gets right into your face so that you feel her breath. You stepped back as she would press her breasts against you if you didn’t move back.

“Divine energy? What is that?” You asked as your teacher made you feel uncomfortable. Succubus didn’t seem to respect personal space with their bodies.

“It is the power that the Mayflowers use. You seem to have it and it is leaking.” Andrea pauses her encroaching of your personal space. You could see down into her cleavage. “Have you noticed anything strange lately about you? Like you have more energy or notice things?”

“Uh. yes.” You reply nervously. You felt a little worried as she was going somewhere about a connection between theMayflowers and you. “I have been having a weird sensation go through my body when demonic magic is activated.”

“You get that when you hang around demons for a long time. You have opened your third eye. A human precognition to our presence. It is quite common. Is there anything else?” That piqued her interests a little but she wasn’t going to stop on that. She was wanting to know about the other thing that has been happening to you.

“I have been hearing these voices in my head, like an angelic choir. It only started today.” You inform her.

Andrea’s eyes got wide when you said that. She seemed to be in disbelief as you spoke. Her jaws dropped for a second. “Did that angelic choir lead you anywhere?”

“Yes.” You were feeling very unsettled as she dug into your recent experiences this morning. “I found a book in my garage. It was something I had never seen before.”

“Where is it?” Andrea grabbed your shirt. She had her mind fully bent on you and whatever that book was. She was ignoring the other two succubus that had caused her trouble.

“It’s in my backpack.” You answered, a little frightful of Andrea.

She then let you go. She stepped back with her arms rolling, consecutively, towards herself . “Come on then, bring it out. Show me the book.” She was getting very antsy with this.

You reached down to your backpack. The other girls were now very interested. Unzipping it, you reached down and pulled the golden tome for them to see.

“There’s no fucking way.” Andrea grabs the book from your hands. She starts flipping pages the moment it was in her hands. “It’s real. It’s fucking real!” Andrea slapped her forehead, letting herself become unprofessional.

“What’s real?” You ask your hyperventilating teacher.

“What’s so important about that book?” Madi was wondering too why the older succubus became a little crazy.

Andrea handed the book to Madi. “Can you read this?” She pointed to a page in the book. Madi was taken a little bit back but she looked at the book as Whitney leaned over.

“I can’t read it.”

“Exactly!” Andrea was becoming crazier by the minute. “That’s because it is written in Celestial. There are only a few people that can read Celestial.”

“Who can read Celestial?” Whitney asks.

“Those who are blessed by heavenly beings. Kings, Heroes, and Demigods, those people can read it, or their descendents.”

Kings, Heroes, and Demigods?” You walk over to them. “What are you talking about?” This was a rush of information after the info dump from earlier.

“There is a rank in the Mayflowers that is hard to reach.” Andrea reaches over and puts a hand on your shoulder. “That rank can be broken down into one of those three categories, King, Hero, or Demigod. Those peoples' blood and bloodlines have been affected by heavenly beings. They possess a frightening amount of divine energy. With that power, they have become Kings, Heroes, and Demigods that have rallied humans together. Hercules, Charlemagne, Oda Nobunaga, and others have possessed this power.”

“Are you saying I am going to be a president or warrior?” You put forward that thought. Did this blood inside of you require you to become a major leader or something? Was greatness in store for you?

“That is a possibility. If you did, you would be viewed as one of the greats in history. There is another possibility as well.” Andrea answered your question and then put out another option. “You could become the leader of the Mayflowers.”

“Huh!?” Your mouth dropped. Andrea just said that you could become the leader of the demon hunting organization. This was the most confusing thing that has happened to you since Sarah started growing.

“What are you talking about?” Madi inquires for you, you were stupefied at the moment.

“The leader of the Mayflowers is someone who has ties to one of those bloodlines or has been blessed by the heavenly beings. The current leader is related to Napoleon Bonaparte.” Andrea stops for a moment in her frantic explanation. “Shit. we forgot to see what bloodline you are from.” Andrea swung the book over to you. “Do you know what bloodline you are from?”

You didn’t register Andrea’s question. You were lost in your thought that you could be connected to the very enemy of Sarah. You wanted to be with Sarah and love her, not be her enemy.

“Hello?” Andrea waved her hand in front of your eyes. You came back to reality.

“Yes?” You asked from your daze.

“Who is your great ancestor?” Andrea continues with her question.

“I don’t know.”

“Did you read the book?”

“Just a little of the first page.”

Andrea opens the book to the first page, and hands you the book. “What did it say?”

You looked down at the page. “Rex Britanniae Familia Arbor,” was the first line you read.

“That is Latin for the King of Briton’s family tree.” Andrea stated. “You are related to one of the British kings that was blessed. Probably one of Henry's lines, they are common. Go on.” She excitedly pushed you to read more.

“Uther, father of Arthur Pendragon, King of Briton.”

“Fuck!” Andrea clenches her face with both hands and leans back. She prances around the office as she loses it. “I can’t believe it. I can’t believe it.” She mutters. Whitney and Madi were shocked as well when you read it.

“Does this mean I’m a Mayflower?” You asked shakily. This was a lot to take in. You didn’t want to be Sarah’s foe.

“You are part of one of the most coveted and lost bloodlines, the Pendragon bloodline.” Andrea’s wings were quivering in excitement, it didn’t help ease you.

“It’s that important?”

“Have you heard of King Arthur?” Whitney questioned you.

You rotated your head to face her. “You mean the legend of King Arthur, not really. I only know about him from him popping up in pop culture.” Your eyes widen at the realization. “You don't mean!?”

“Yes!” Andrea confirms as she grips your shoulders again. “Your ancestry is tied to that legend. It is just that it isn’t a legend. You're a great grandchild of King Arthur, wielder of Excalibur.”

“I’m royalty?” You were stunned.

Andrea confirms. “You are, and much more. Since you are part of his bloodline, you have the potential to inherit the power of the massive divine blessing of the Pendragon line and control the Mayflowers!”

“Oh my.” You had to sit down in one of the chairs. You were being overwhelmed right now. You were part of a legendary bloodline and it was connected to the Mayflowers. It seemed like a blessing and curse at the same time.

“I guess you are not just some Dweeb. You’re a king.” Madi teased you. “Sarah got lucky finding you as her boyfriend. Two people, one from royalty and other destined to be royalty, meeting together and falling in love. A fairy tale.” She chuckles at the irony of it.

“It’s not that funny. This is serious.” You retort at Madi. she caught on that you were confused instead of excited.

“It is serious and great news.” Andrea went to her desk and began to look for a pen and paper. “You could overturn the whole Mayflower organization. You could break our bonds. We need to tell the head. We need to start your training.”

“Don’t do any of that!” You command. Andrea stops her crazy antics at her desk and looks at you. “Please don’t tell them. I am very confused right now with everything said beforehand. I don’t want anyone to know until I figure this out.” You pleaded with her.

She saw that she was making you very uncomfortable with all this and you were still processing it. She set down her pen and returned back to her professional manner, but in a very caring manner.

“I’m sorry. I went overboard there. This is a lot to take in.” She transformed into a gentle teacher. “I won’t tell anyone about this until you are ready.”

“Thank you very much.” You sighed. It was great that she was understanding.

“On two conditions.” She held up two fingers.

You felt a gut wrench. She was going to hold this unsettling information over you. “Really?”

“They are quite simple.” She switched to one finger. “First, I want to meet Sarah. I want to see Harold’s girl.”

“That isn’t so simple but I can see about it.” That was a simple thing to possibly arrange. She seemed obsessed with Harold so Sarah should be fine. You lighten up from before as that becomes your focus. These conditions were not going to be as bad as you thought.

“Second,” The next finger went up. “You must not tell Joseph Silvermoon about this.”

“Huh?” You cock your head to the side. “Why is it so important that I don’t tell Uncle Joe?” You knew that Uncle Joe didn’t like the Mayflowers from Melody. Would Uncle Joe say that you couldn’t see Sarah? If so, you would be okay keeping it a secret.

“Joseph views the Mayflowers as the enemies of the succubus, so that he labels them as his enemy. If he figured out that you were carrying a divinely blessed bloodline. He would kill you.” Andrea said that in the most straightforward serious face she could.

You gulped as you were filled up with terrifying fear of Sarah’s Great Uncle. That old man could become your worst nightmare with a fate just as bad as keeping Sarah away from you. “I will definitely not tell him.”

“You can tell others but make sure they won’t tell him. He will keep quiet if he knows so that he can kill you silently.” Andrea stood up and grabbed her cane. “The next period is starting soon. We will have to continue this at a later date. I have a class of ruffians to teach.”

Andrea transformed back into her old crony withered form that was famous at the school. Madi responded in the same way by shrinking down to her 5’4” height without all the draconic demonic features.

“Uhhm,” Whitney coughs. You all look at her. She had shrunken down to her normal height as well. She was wrapped around by Teddy’s oversized shirt. “How did you restore your clothes?” Whitney revealed that her original clothes she was wearing underneath the shirt were still in tatters.

“Did Sarah not teach you how to manipulate your clothes with demonic energy?” Mrs. Willows asks.

Whitney confirmed that she didn’t. “She went through dreamwalking with me. We had to cut it short as she felt a disturbance happening with her Dweeb.” Whitney mentioned your nickname.

You slap your face. “That was me.” You raised your hand in embarrassment at halting Whitney’s training. “Sarah’s cousin entered my dream unannounced last night.”

“That must have been Melody.” Mrs. Willows tilts her head as she ponders that information. “A strange girl indeed.” Her attention then went back to Whitney. “That is most unfortunate that Sarah didn’t teach you one the most essential magic for modern succubus. I will have to teach you tonight when I have time. Do you have a spare set of clothes?” Mrs. Willows sounded disappointed with Sarah.

“I don’t.” Whitney was a little pink with shame. “I wasn’t expecting to go into my demon form.”

“I apologize then for forcing it out.” She bowed her head slightly. “Do you have a way to get another set?”

“I could ask Amanda to bring me a set. She would need to go home first.”

“The other Spiritsong member. That is an easy and a solid solution: ask her to bring you the clothes.”

Whitney went red. “I don’t want to ask her.” She waved her hands. “She would pester me about my transformation.” She reached out and grabbed Mrs. Willow’s hand. “Do you have a spare set?”

“I don’t. I know how to control myself so I don’t keep extra and I don’t want to destroy that shirt.” She points at her husband's shirt. “I’m sorry.” Mrs. Willows bobbed her head in a very sympathetic tone that old women use. “You will just have to refuse your sister’s pestering.”

“Damn it.” Whitney balled her fist at the lack of clothes that Mrs. Willows had.

“Does Amanda know about succubus?” Madi inquired of the school counselor about her younger sister.

“Yes. We have a seal placed on us at birth to prevent the blood from activating. She has been barraging me with questions since this morning about my broken seal. I can’t take much more of her nagging me.” Whitney whined. She was frustrated with her sister’s pestering.

“That is cool that your family has succubus blood. I wish my family had that blood.” Madi seemed very excited that her childhood friend was in on this demonic secret. She then grabbed you and pulled you towards the door with her draconic strength. “Well, we better be off to class.”

“Wait! Could you-” Whitney tried to reach for you but Madi pulled you far away before she could react. Whitney was left hanging.

Mrs. Willows patted Whitney’s back as she left too. “You will have to ask Amanda. Stay in here until you get the clothes.” Whitney was left dejected at what she had to do.

“I will see you later today, Dweeb.” Madi said as she went towards her class.

“You too, Twigs, remember that we need to meet up after school for the party.” You waved as she left. You felt like you could have helped Whitney back there but Madi pulled you away before you could. Madi wanted Amanda to pester Whitney about succubus. You couldn’t help her since the rest of the school day would be busy and it would prevent you from helping.

The day went by somewhat normal. Things were quiet as Vicky’s first move against the group did not work. No more harassments from a minion until the party to discourage the group. There were whispers hovering around as you had taken down the baseball’s strong batter with ease. This did not help your mental state right now as you knew that you were able to do that thanks to this “divine blood” that Andrea said is part of your heritage. You would focus on it and know it was the counterforce to demonic energy, which then stressed you out about Sarah. It was confusing. Fortunately, Chad came back and you could focus on other things, like the party.

(Later at lunch)

“Have you seen, Twigs?” Nick asked as he sat down at the lunch table. You were there with Chad and Caspian.

“No idea. I haven’t seen her since our meeting with Mrs. Willows.”

“Same here.” Caspian answered.

“Got here two periods ago, no clue from me.” Chad tossed a fry in his mouth.

“That’s weird. Normally, I would have seen her heading here but I didn’t. Do you think she is okay?” Nick was concerned for her, more so since he learned about Madi’s secret with Mr. Davis and her succubus transformation.

“I don’t know. Maybe she decided to go outside for some fresh air, stretch her wings.” You used a weak analogy but it was to get the picture across to Nick who knew the truth that she might have gone somewhere to where she could be in her demoness form in peace. Caspian didn’t know so they had to keep that part hidden.

“I will go outside and see if I can find her there.” Nick took his food and went outside to go and search for Madi. Chad shook his head slightly as Nick took a more literal approach to what you said. He knew what you were trying to get at.

“So what is our plan to beat Vicky at the party?” Caspian moves in closer while being quiet. He was very serious as he spoke.

“Hold your horses.” Chad motions for him to stop. “We don’t want to go over our game plan in public. There are listening ears.”

“But the school lunch room is loud.” Caspian points out the rustling, bustling noise of people having normal conversations filling the room. “They won’t hear us.”

You shook your head. “True, but you don’t know if someone near us is willing to sell us out to Vicky.” You use your eyes to point at the people close to your lunch spot. “She is the current school queen with big pockets. Favors and bribing can be used against us.”

“I see. Anyone can be a spy for an evil king in a simple inn for a pretty penny.” Caspian made a reference to a campaign that the group did for a D&D session.

“We are meeting up at Dweeb’s house after school. That is where we will make a plan.” Chad mentions the location of the meeting to him.

“So Dwayne’s castle. Got it.” Caspian nods hard.

Chad then leaned on his arm as he scratched his chin. “Why are you suddenly so interested in the party? It took me the hardest time to convince you to go.”

The nerdiest boy puffs up his chest to try and act tough. It looks quite silly. “I have a reason to go, before I didn’t.”

With his attempt to act manly, you and Chad saw his eyes gaze into the distance. You and Chad turned to see that Amanda was walking to her table with the socialites of the school. She notices Caspian's attempt to be muscular when he was the closest thing to a stick. She just shook her head in response.

“Stick with being the nerd you are.” Chad saw the signs. Caspian was trying to be like a jock when he was the farthest thing from it. “You are not going to win her over being something you're not.”

“But who does she always sit with at lunch?” He points at where she sat. The table with guys on the sports teams and cheerleaders like herself. “Those jocks! They have all the appeal for a woman.”

“Some girls like nerds.” You remember Amanda saying that earlier today.

“She is not at our table so that is not for sure.” Caspian dug his fork into his food in a little frustration. “She would be here if she was. The way I see it, she likes jocks.” He then took a bite that garbled his speech. “So I have to prove that I am a cool nerd that can compete with jocks.”

“I don’t think it is that simple.” You recall again that Amanda sounded might be a prisoner to Vicky. Preventing her from being who she was meant to be. There were some photos out there that damned Whitney to Mr. Davis for a little bit. Did Amanda know about them? Did Amanda know that her older sister was now a succubus? That would be an awkward conversation.

The rest of the school day went on from there. You found Madi, who was really happy, before school ended. When the final bell rang, you and her went to the forest behind the school to rendezvous out of sight before heading to your house. Nick and Chad soon came over there as well.

“Hey Twigs, where have you been? I haven’t seen you since the fight.” Nick rushed over to Madi. “Did Vicky send some guys to scare you off?” His eyes were full of joy as he gripped her.

Madi’s bang turns a magenta as Nick hugs her. “I’m fine. I decided to lay low. Avoid possible trouble.”

“It is good to see you safe.” Chad said. “We missed you at lunch.”

Nick suddenly let go of Madi to flip his backpack around. “Since you weren’t at lunch, I thought that you missed it all together. I got some stuff from a vending machine if you are hungry.”

Madi turned from magenta to orange with a grin. The hairs on the back of your neck rose. “I am a little hungry,” Madi’s eyes turned red and became slitted. “Hungry for you.”

Nick’s eyes glazed over as he was charmed again.

“I would be happy to feed you.” Nick sounds robotic.

“We will be back, boys.” Madi grabs Nick’s hand and walks off deeper into the forest.

“What just happened?” Chad was confused at the very obedient Caveman.

“Charmed.” You point your thumb at the retreating members of the group. “You will get used to them wanting a little sexual snack.”

Chad acknowledges that will happen more often. “I see, will he be okay?”

“She won’t take anything lethal. Caveman would be tired and hungry. So those snacks will be good for him.” You remember how you first felt with Sarah taking your vitality. It was a secret you had to hide from them. Remembering secrets, You open your backpack to show yours. “I have something to show you, Baker.”

“What is it?” He asked as you hand him your family’s tome.

“It seems like my family had a big secret as well. There seems to be a secret organization out there called the “Mayflowers''. They are related to some historical figures and legends. I happen to be related to one of those legends, the ancient Arthurian legend.” You said as he marveled over the golden book.

“Holy shit! It seems like everyone in this town has some sort of Devil Fruit or shtick!” He opens the book. He made a reference to the anime One Piece about fruit. “I can’t read it but I can see pictures.” He noted.

“It is written in Celestial.” You quoted Andrea. There was a loud moan of a pleased Nick in the forest. “Only people with certain blood can read it.”

“Aren’t you special, Dweeb.” He handed the book back. He tilts his head in the direction of Nick and Madi. “Does Sarah know about you being special?”

You shook your head while putting the book back in the bag. “Not yet, I found out today. Twigs knows. I didn’t want to keep you all out of the loop though. It was stressful keeping her secret.” Pointing in the direction of a groaning Nick

“I’m glad that you are trusting and being honest with us again. It is rough keeping secrets from your best friends.” Chad was genuinely glad that you told him. There was a test of friendship with the demoness thing. It would be good not to put that under strain again.

“It is.” It was relieving to tell him. “I will tell Nick soon as well.”

“Good idea.” He glanced over to where they went. There were loud thumping sounds like a dog’s tail hitting the ground. That must be Madi’s big tail wagging. You hope she put the flame out to prevent a forest fire.

“It is also very confusing for me at the same time. The Mayflowers oppose demons and monsters. With me being part of the Arthurian line, I am supposedly the enemy of succubus and demons.” You gave him a serious problem with this blood, the issue it possibly had with Sarah.

“That’s a twist.” Chad’s eyes got big as he was shocked at that revelation as well. “Do you know for sure that your blood makes her your enemy?” Chad put his fists on his hips. He was thinking through the implication just like you had.

“No.”

“If you don’t know for sure, there is one person you can turn to.” Chad came up with something, or someone

“Who?” You were genuinely curious. How did Chad know someone who could possibly help him with this issue? What does Chad know?

“You can ask Mr. Hawk.” Chad gave his solution. “He might know something about the Mayflowers on an off chance or divine blood. He could give some insights on how it works.”

That seemed a little bit like a no brainer. Mr. Hawk was a very wise and smart school librarian. He likes to collect and study ancient cultures and artifacts. He would help students the best he can. The best source of information about confusing, perplexing, and absurd problems like this was right up his alley. Especially, if you couldn’t ask Uncle Joe.

“I will do that.” You pat his shoulder. “Thank you for that advice. That really helps.”

“You're welcome.” Chad grins. You heard ruffling sounds behind you as Madi and Nick return.

“Oh, you better not mention it to anyone unless you know that they know.” You quickly mention to Chad about the secrecy of the secret.

“I won’t tell at first but you better make sure everyone knows because that is big.”

“Better get some of that food from his bag in him so that he has some stamina.” Madi carried a tired looking Nick in her arms. She was in her human form but still had her demoness strength.

“What did you do to him?” Chad rushes over to Nick to snatch his weak friend from the Demoness, Twigs. You went to his bag to grab the food. “He is like a freaking zombie.”

“I took some of his stamina.” Madi responds nonchalantly. She wasn’t worried as she was red on her lock of hair. “He will get it back in a few hours for the party. It will come back stronger the next time.”

“I’d advise him not to play any sports. He would collapse after three steps.” You place a chocolate bar in his mouth. Nick began to chew it. “Other than that, he will be back to normal.”

“So this is what you meant by nothing lethal.” Chad said to you. He realized that Nick was not in danger. “It still looks messed up to me.”

“I could have eaten a few inches off his height but that wouldn’t make him stronger.” Madi turned from a red to a pink.

“Would he have been shorter forever?” Chad asks, worried that Madi could make them shorter.

“Only for an hour, I don’t fully understand the physics but Sarah said that is how it works.” Madi went back to normal red.

“Whew. I didn’t want to lose the title of tallest guy in the group.” Chad had imagined himself being the smallest and he didn’t like it.

“It would be a fun thing to play with at another time.” You had been continuing to feed Nick. he still had his eyes glazed over by the charm. “When he has the strength, let us go to my car and we can go to my house. Twigs, also, release him from this dazed state.”

“I will. Just promise me that you won’t tell him that I gave him a blowjob.” She went to a bluish hue as she was disappointed with releasing him from that state.

“Promise.” You said in unison with Chad. Madi went pink then yellow. Her emotions were going all over the place.

The glazed eyes melted and Nick looked at all of you. “Hey guys, why are you all around me? Did I get hit by a baseball? And why do I feel the shittiest I have ever been.”

The group told Nick nothing. The group waited until Nick had some strength left to walk to your car. From there, you drove to your house. Where someone was waiting.

“Yo! Caspian! What up?” Chad said as the group walked up to the front door.

“Just waiting here until you all arrived.” He walks up to meet the group from the steps. “What took you so long?”

“We had to go for a snack break. I missed lunch.” Madi answers him.

“You were not at the lunch table.” Caspian accepts the excuse. He straightened himself up to correct his oversized backpack.

“How did you get here? You have no car?” You begin to unlock your door.

“I biked here.” He points to a bike on the side of the house.

“That is a long way.” Nick commends him. “You have to go through a good deal of the town to get here.”

As they were talking, you noticed that the house was unlocked already. You were positive that you locked it when you left. You pushed the door open, wondering who entered your house.
Chapter End Notes:
Who is inside Dwayne's home?