- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The new arc begins. This will contain a crossover later down in a few chapters.
You find yourself, after the pleasant dream with Sarah, at the new dream location brought to you by Madi, Amanda, and unknowingly Nick. You were brought along to help Amanda as a person who could be a reference for successful dreamwalking. You were to be the gauge if Amanda was doing alright and measuring the stress level for Nick’s mind. Being human, you would be more sensitive to the pressure caused by the presence of succubi overloading a mind.

“Is this really Nick’s dream?” You ask curiously as you rode a donkey into a medieval town. This was very similar to the quest beginnings that Caspian would make. “This looks more like Caspian dreams if you ask me.”

“I like the backdrop.” Amanda gazes at the scenery. She was riding a horse next to you. She was in a plate armor bikini, with one large shoulder pauldron, all scaled to her new size and look. “There is so much you can do with a fantasy background. It makes magic seem more natural. Nick won’t know it is us if we just simply go straight to the lewd stuff.” Amanda sounds like she knew her succubi stuff.

“He would already know that Twigs can dreamwalk. He would be on his guard since she paid him an unexpected visit last night and discovered something. He wouldn’t want that to get out.” You were in a garb that indicated you were Amanda’s armor bearer. You rode up next to a person and handed him some coins. The group dismounted.

“I am not going to bring that fetish up in his dream. That is why I am like this.” Madi said. She was a small black dragon newt sitting on Amanda’s pauldron. She was about the size of a bearded dragon with wings. She was acting the part as Amanda’s loyal pet. “He would expect me to be less reptilian. He doesn’t know about Amanda so it would be natural that he is wary of her.”

“That still doesn’t make me believe he won’t have his guard up.” You open the door for Amanda and Madi to enter the inn.

“Only time would tell. We change things up if he does notice us.” Madi answers as music from inside hits your ears.

Nick was at the performance area of the inn, playing a song to the crowd about his awesome tales. He would play a bard in DnD, which fitted his flamboyant personality, and it seemed he played the role in his dreams. Your group walked up to him like you have a quest. He recognized you for a second coming up before Amanda talked.

“Oh great bard Nick. we are in need of your aid.” Amanda put her hand over her heart and bowed. “A young maiden has been kidnapped and is trapped in a dragon’s lair.”

Nick stops playing his lute, leaning down from his chair. “That is a precarious situation. But I ask, why me?” Nick put his fingers on his chest, dramatically, like he couldn’t believe they would seek him.

“Because the serpent is fond of extravagant tales, if you tell it stories, it will listen and we could slip around and snatch her.” Amanda replies.

Nick scratches his chin. “Why would my tales be important? There are other bards. The job class is popular.”

It was your turn to speak. “We seek you because of your work. It is done so masterfully. A common chore becomes an epic trial, a simple journey becomes a massive odyssey, and a little news moves nations in your hands. There is no bard like you.” You exaggerated. Madi told you to praise him in his dream.

Nick grins from your praise. It seemed like in his dream that he liked people to praise him. A little arrogant about himself but hey, that was Nick.

“I will aid you on your quest. You will have my lute and my tongue.” Nick hops down from the stage, delighted to join.

Madi jumps from Amanda’s shoulder to Nick’s shoulder. She did a happy dance in circles around his neck.

“You’re very energetic. What would your name be?” Nick chuckles as he scratches Madi’s chin. She was enjoying his touch.

“Scorchenwood. She likes goodfellas you.” Amanda motions for him to follow. “Come on, we have a maiden to save.”

Madi raises her head and starts to tickle his ear. “That tickles.” He pushed Madi’s head down from there. “You sure do like me.” He then looked at you. “Let's go follow the amazon babe, Dwayne.”

Nick walked to the door. Nick clearly recognized you in the dream but did he know it was the real you. You were pictured as the old pervert’s kid when you traveled to his dream. With Nick’s dream, since he knew you, you were yourself, albeit what Nick imagined who you were to him.

“We will find out shall we.” You followed Nick.

The journey traveled was very fast. Plains, forests, and mountains went by in quick succession, hitting one of those areas like in a film fast traveling over great distance in a short time. It was okay because we didn’t teleport but just moved quickly to the target so that Nick’s and your mind were not stressed. Madi’s little form would fly between Amanda, telling her how dreams work, and Nick, who she teased. Soon, in the mountains, you came across the large opening of a dark cave on a cliff’s edge, very similar to fantasy tales.

“So I will tell my stories here?” Nick stood in the middle of the cave opening, with Madi on his shoulder.

“Yes. the dragon will come out and listen to you. With its attention on you, we sneak in.” Amanda motions from the edge of the cave, hidden behind some rocks with you.

“The plan sounds solid enough.” Nick straightens himself up. “Oh great dragon!” He yells flamboyantly like a true bard. “I have tales from afar to tickle your itching ear. Grand tales of surpassing greatness!”

Dead silence.

Madi slips off his shoulder, without being noticed. She slid below the cliff edge.

“It’s not working.” Nick calls out to you.

“Oh but what are your tales? I hope they have a lot of innuendos.” Madi’s voice booms. Fire spewed out from behind Nick like a fountain from below the cliff.

Madi popped up from the cliff edge. She was in her demonic form but all her colors on her scales were black. Nick gawked and you gawked a little too. She was the size of a small skyscraper clinging to the side of the mountain. She was stunning as she was monstrously bigger than the three of you. She played the role of a dragon well at that size. She stared down on the group, especially Nick, as if you were like little bugs.

“Madi!? What are you doing here!?” He yells before turning to you and Amanda. His eyes went wide with a deeper recognition. “Dwayne!? That’s you! What are you doing here? Amanda? You too?”

“We were doing a little training but now that it is over. You are mine!” Madi growls seductively.

“Huh!? Wait! Not here!” Nick panics now he knew there were other people in his dream. He raised his hands up high to the giant dragoness succubus. “I thought you said that you would keep it a secret! Dwayne and Amanda are right there!” He knew that you and Amanda were real, not figments of his imagination.

“Of course not!” She gave a sly smile. You saw the fire on her tail turn red to orange. She was having fun with this. “I would not do it in front of them. We are doing it in there!” Madi motions to the cave.

“Hold on, Twigs.” Nick waves his arms and walks slightly away from Madi, motioning for Madi not to do anything. “Can we talk about this?”

“Time to get in the cave, Caveman.” Madi licks her lips with her forked tongue.

“Twigs, wwwaAAII–” Nick didn’t finish his phrase.

Madi pushes up the cliff edge and moves towards the cave. She kept her body low so that she could fit into the opening. This left her boobs scraping the ground. Nick was plucked up into the bust as Madi bulldozed into the cave. Madi slithered very much like a serpent into a hole. Until only the tail remained outside before it followed the rest of her body, the tail lit the cave in a magenta light until they were gone, only giggles and moans echoed from within.

“That girl likes her little bard for sure.” Amanda steps out from behind the rock. It was only you and her here while Madi was inside with Nick. “I sure hope he is ready to feed the dragon.”

“Did you know about this?” You ask about the trick Madi played.

“You didn’t see how Madi looked at him. She totally has the hots for him. I have seen those eyes swoon over actors and singers, it is like it but more intense.” Amanda punches your shoulder. She talked about another thing but it still got your attention.

“I guessed that she was. I thought the magenta might mean something like that.” You rub the illusionary pain in your shoulder.

“I don’t need the color of her hair to know. The hair can help you all know.” Amanda proudly states. She was a good friend to Madi for her to read her like that. “I’m guessing that she hasn’t confessed those feelings?”

“She has not.”

“I guess I got to work on making sure those two are together.” The ginger amazon knight turns to you. She leaned on her hips. She has the powerful warrior vibe. “I think it is time you woke up. The lesson was good.”

“I’m glad it went well. I have to tease Twigs about this though. She doesn’t like the attention about her emotions with boys. It would be a hoot.” You faced Amanada.

Amanda reached out with her hand to touch your forehead. “Let me do that. She won’t likely set me on fire. You got Nick. The boy is figuring out his emotions for her. I think he is into her.”

“I would agree.” A bright light flashed from Amanda’s finger touching your forehead. It filled your vision completely until everything was white.

“Mhm.” You stretched awake in the canopy bed. You were still at the mansion from last night. The sun was up around 9ish. You had missed early morning. “That’s fine. It’s Saturday.”

******************************************

You find a clean set of clothes for you to wear that had been brought up to your room. They were the right size and close to the fashion you wore. There was a note on top with directions to the kitchen. After cleaning up and getting dressed, you follow the directions, which leads you to a four way junction. The note says to take a right at the armor but there are two sets of armor on opposite corners.

“I guess Mia wrote this note.” Scratching your head in frustration at the description, Mia being the likely candidate of the two for this mistake. Your solution to the problem, bumped into you.

“Woah.” You become a little off balance as something pushes you slightly.

“Could you please not clean the hallways I take to the kitchen, Amy?” A familiar voice complains with a yawn.

You turned and looked down at your would be assailant. It was Melody, in her true form. She was in a whitish silk nightgown that looked very adorable on her. Her hair was all over the place like a messy jungle. She was rubbing her eyes as she just woke up earlier. The thing you noticed besides her cute tangled sleepy appearance was on her back. She had her wings out. The wings were bat-like in shape but different. They were furry. The fur, the same color as her tail and ears, went all over her wings, making it plushy in appearance.

“I’m not Amy.”

Melody’s eyes bolted wide when she heard your voice. You feel the tingle in your neck as her mind becomes fully awake. In a sudden poof, the disheveled, childish Melody was replaced with the orderly, adult Tamamo-no-mae.

“I’m not Amy either.” Melody made a suggestive comment and tone as she struck a sexy pose. She was trying to seduce you. She then scanned your body to see what sort of male she was hunting. When she saw it was you, her entire body drooped.

“Oh, it’s you.” Another poof. Melody was back to her normal groggy self. “You made me think that Mia or Amy let a date slip out. I thought I had a chance.”

“Sorry to disappoint you. I’m glad that you’re not trying to actually flirt with me.” You noted the change in Melody's behavior from when she met you alone the first time.

Melody gave a weak chuckle, registering a little fear in it. “I learned my lesson. You are off the market. I don’t need Sarah tearing me apart or burning me. Why are you here? Is Sarah here?” Melody looks around for her cousin.

“I don’t think so. She slept at her house but will be coming over soon.” You had received a text from her while you were changing. “I am here because of the ritual last night.”

“Did it go well? I was stuck in my room with nothing to do. It was so boring having no internet and no Playstation.” Melody was hungry for news. She was disciplined yesterday for the little excursion to your house through your dream, by accident caused by Sarah being angry.

“The ritual went perfectly. Amanda became a succubus and Madi is a queen succubus.” You inform her. “I was used for dreamwalking practice after that.”

“That’s why you are here.” Melody realized why you blocked her path. She suddenly straightened up her posture to look very lady-like and regal. She bowed to you. “I'm sorry, Dwayna-san. I shouldn’t have charmed you, tried to seduce you, and dreamwalked without considering your wellbeing. It was not kind of me.”

You were taken back a little by this behavior, a welcomed one though. You had thought with her imprisonment and childish nature that she might be out of touch with people a bit but that was not the case. Her apologizing showed that she could understand other’s emotions and feelings, as well as showing maturity. Melody had redeeming qualities to her.

“Thank you. It means a lot. I see that you have learned your lesson.” You accepted her apology. “I can see with Sarah’s permission that we can have a proper training session for dreamwalking.”

“Really?” Melody’s eyes brighten with that offer.

“With Sarah’s permission.” You reiterate the condition. “She is the one you have to convince.”

Melody’s confidence was boosted with that. “I will definitely convince my cousin.” Melody pumps herself. She then burst off into a run down a hallway you suspected was the way to the kitchen. “Sarah! I need to apologize to you!” She screams.

“Didn’t I tell you she isn’t here yet.” You sigh. Melody couldn’t hear you as she sought your girlfriend. You would have to remind her as you followed her, restarting your path to the kitchen with Mia’s notes.

You felt your neck hairs rise, a hint of demonic energy rising. You tilt your head in response. Suddenly, a shadow appeared to move. You turn to see if someone was in the hallway. No one was there. A shadow moved again. You saw no body or object that was moving. Something unseen appeared to be watching you.

“Who’s there?” You ask the question to an empty room. You get in a defensive stance. An energy rises inside of you as you feel a possible threat. You could feel your body strengthening and loosening up. This is your divine energy preparing you for battle. You feel a bit of demonic energy leave your mind. After a few seconds of standing still, waiting for a shadow to move again.

Ring!

Your phone goes off. It is Nick’s ringtone.

“Oh gosh!” You jolt from the surprise. With the tension in the air, the phone call frightens you. You stumble to pull out the phone. The demonic energy that left your mind you realized was Madi’s charm. In defense, your body casts out the charm from last night.

“Yo! What's up?” You answer

Nick didn’t go for greetings. He went straight to the point. “Dweeb, do not mention any of that to anyone! You hear me!”

“Hold on a moment, what are you talking about?” You tried to act dumb.

“Don’t play dumb with me.” Nick called you out. “I know that you, Twigs, and Amanda were in my dream last night. The real you and real them. Why were you in my dream?”

There was no way you could hide it. “I’m sorry. We were having a training session with Amanda. Madi suggested we go to your dream.”

“Wait, hold up.” Nick went from angry to confused. “Amanda had training?”

“Yes, she is a succubus. Her family had the blood.” You should have known that Nick would catch that. He was a reporter. “Can you not mention that to anyone?”

“I won’t as long as you won’t mention the dream.”

“I won’t mention the dream.”

“Good.” Nick was content. “When did you know about Amanda?”

“About yesterday, there was an incident that gave me a hint.” Didn’t want to go into much detail. Nick would go down a path if he knew about Whitney.

“I see. You would be the one to figure out if someone is a succubus. I got to figure out who has succubus blood so I don’t have surprise visits like that during the night. I don't want people to see that.” Nick complained.

“See what?” You teased. You entered the main ballroom. You were getting close to the kitchen.

“You know, how Twigs played with me.” He didn’t want to say it.

“How did Twigs play with you?” You had no idea what Madi found out about him. “I have no idea what you are talking about, Caveman.”

“The.. thing.. I.. like..” He struggled to say it. It was embarrassing. He then paused. “You didn’t see it, did you?” Nick asked, realizing you were pulling his leg.

“I didn’t see it at all. Twigs pushed you in far so we couldn’t see. She didn’t want us to find out. She was keeping your secret safe.”

“Whew.” Nick sighed. He was relieved about that. “I was worried there. I have to thank Madi for being considerate. Changing topic, what should I do about your car? Should I drive it to your place?”

“Oh, that’s right.” You slap your face. Nick had your car. You had an enjoyable trip with Sarah flying last night but you didn’t have your car. You would need to pick it up. “Shit, no. I’m not at my house. I’m at Sarah’s family mansion.”

“Do you want me to drive it there? We are meeting there today. The haunted house in the forest, right?”

“It is that house. No, I would pick you up so you don’t have to face the security maids. I will pick it up around Chad’s bakery, Smithy’s Bakery and Sweets. Do you think we can meet up there?” You thought of a solution. It was an easy place for the group to meet.

“Can do. I will see you there as soon as possible. I have to call Madi and Amanda now to keep them silent.” Nick answered. He knew the plan. You were glad. He did have another question. “Security maids?”

“You will see when you meet them. Good luck with the girls. You will need it, Caveman.” You believed you found the kitchen.

“Thanks. I will.” He hung up.

You closed your phone and tested the door. Opening the door, you find that following Melody was a good idea.

The kitchen was large and could be seen as the kitchen as the fancy area in France. It was possible to have a whole staff in here prepping for a major ball with a ton of guests. To the side, a smaller section of the kitchen was cut out, specifically for smaller, more family style. It led to an area with a simple table to eat at. Melody was already there with a stack of pancakes drizzled with syrup. Mia stood by a stove, cooking.

“Good morning Master Dweeb.” Mia notes my presence by turning and bowing. “Would you like some pancakes as well? Something sweet?”

“Uh, I would like eggs please? I don’t want to have too many carbs.” You answer, surprised that someone would be making you breakfast.

“Will do. Don’t worry, I prefer some meat in the morning.” Mia winked. Clearly making a sexual joke.

“Chill with the poor humor. It is a bad tasting joke.” Melody calls out Mia. She didn’t like the joke that much. “If you tell another one of them, I will tell Amy.”

Mia turns around angrily and jabs a spatula in the fox girl's direction. “If you mention it to Amy, I will tell Master Joseph about you trying to sneak out to grab your Switch.” Mia threatens Melody.

“Eep.” Melody flinches. She was not winning that argument. Mia smiles at her victory.

“Now, I will make Master Dweeb his meal.” Mia turns her attention back to the stove.

“Why do you call me, Master Dweeb?” You questioned your title. “Only my close friends call me Dweeb.”

“That is how her majesty, Sarah, introduced us to you. Always talking about her Dweeb when she got here. We only had that as the reference for her boyfriend’s name.” Mia replies. She cracked some eggs into a skillet. “Do you have another name?”

“Dwayne. My name is Dwayne.”

“Alright Master Dwayne, I shall call you that from now on. I will tell Amy as well.” She waves the spatula to the table, telling you to sit down. You obliged and waited for the meal. Melody sat across from you, devouring her sugary pancakes.

“You sure like sweets.”

Melody gazed up from her high carb breakfast. “Girls love sweets. If they are a succubus, especially so. It keeps the brain running.”

“It’s the closest thing we can enjoy that is like cum.” Mia interrupts. “So it is pretty high up on our list of things we desire after men.”

“Hey.” Melody got a little upset with Mia’s interrupts and the connotation of why she would like sweets so much was related to sex. “Anyway, Dwayne-san. I like sweets and nothing is going to stop me from loving them.” Melody stuffed another bite in her mouth. “Oh, the bakery you sent us to yesterday was delicious. I felt a lot of love in those sweets. Is there a way to get some brought here?” Melody said with her mouth full.

“Matter in fact, there is.”

“You are going to go buy some?” Melody’s eyes lit up.

“I have a friend whose family runs the place. He is coming over today.”

Melody gags on the food that she was chewing. She got even more excited that she was choking in shock. She was beating her chest to dislodge the food.

“Are you okay?” You stood up, prepared to do the heimlich if necessary.

She raises a hand to assure you that she was fine. She bumped her chest a little bit more with a cough. Mia looked over to, more amused than concerned. “I’m good.” She coughed. She straightens herself up. “Just let me hear you straight, you are having friends come over? Here?” Melody was on the edge, excited.

“Yes.” You answer. “They’re Sarah and my friends that know about succubus, are succubuses. We are meeting here after the party to recollect ourselves.” You tell Melody what the plan that the group made last night.

“Oh fuck!” Melody went into a frenzy. She pushed herself from the table and started to pace back and forth. “I need to clean my room. Do I smell like an animal? What subjects should I talk about? What subjects do I not talk about?”

“Melody doesn’t usually get guests coming by that she could possibly meet.” Mia put your breakfast in front of you. “Ones that can be friends. She is either locked up in her room or they are business people for Master Joseph.” Mia told you about Melody’s situation a little bit.

“I do hope that she could get out more.” You reply. “Thank you for the eggs.”

“My pleasure.” Mia curtsies. She gave a warm smirk, making it feel like there was hope. “I think Uncle Joseph will test Melody today to see if is mature enough.” Mia started to head back to the stove.

“Oh, I do have a question. Do you know where Amanda and Madi are? I haven’t seen them here.” You inquired about the two that were with you in Nick’s dream.

“They flew off in the night to practice flying. I guess they went to their respective homes.”

“I see.” You realize that Madi’s charm was to allow her to dreamwalk with you at a great distance. You would have to text her to meet up with her and Amanda. “Thank you.”

“No problem.”

You look back at your meal while Melody was still fretting over your friends coming by. You felt the hairs on the back of your neck rise.

“Should I go with the usual?” Melody poofed in her Tamamo-no-mae form. “What about going into something they know?” She went to her image of Gal Gadot. “No, Aunt Betsy said don’t do celebrities.” Another poof, Melody copied Sarah this time. “I could go looking closer to my cousin to show we are related.”

“I veto that.” A new voice enters the conversation. You turned to see Sarah walking into the kitchen. “I love you, Cuz, but that is pushing it a bit too much.”

“Hey, Sarah.” You smile at your girlfriend's arrival. She smiles and waves to you as she comes over to the table.

“You’re right.” Melody transforms into the Tamamo-no-mae look. “I just want to impress your friends when they come over. With you being so hot, I wanted to emulate you. I got my own look with this” Melody gave a sad face with her tail drooping between her legs. She didn’t seem to believe in herself because she had a disguise to hide behind.

“You don’t have to copy me. You’re pretty cute yourself.” Sarah sat down next to you, leaning with her massive bust against you.

“I agree with Sarah. You should play off your cuteness. You are pretty adorable.” You gave your advice. You and Sarah knew her real form and it was cute.

“I know, but I don’t want to be seen as the loli succubus.” Melody whines. “I have seen the sort of creeps online that dig that. I don’t want to appeal to them.” She crossed her arms underneath her illusionary boobs. She didn’t want to be seen as the sex doll to those sort of people.

“There are people like that. I don’t like them.” You pictured Mr. Davis and Sarah’s pervert assailant. Both of those scum made you angry. You didn’t stay on those people as you thought of another person who would be interested in Melody, a nice person instead of a creep. “But there will be a guy that would like you for who you are.” You thought of Chad, who expressed interest in her. You would have to prepare him for the fact that she truly wasn’t Tamamo-no-mae, or close to cosplay without her illusions.

“I’m sure but I don't know when he would show up.” Melody was doubtful of finding a guy who wasn’t a loli fanatic. She scratched her head as she thought through her options. “I know.” She came up with an idea.

Poof!

Melody transformed again. This time, she looked very much like the twin maids, only younger and more assets on her figure. “I can go as one of the Puddletoad twins and call myself their triplet.”

“I strongly veto that.”

It was an invitation of death to challenge that veto. The three of you turn slowly to the source of those chilling words. Mia was giving Melody the shadiest stink eye you had ever seen, flipping a pancake over without looking while doing it. This was the most imposing maid you had ever seen.

Poof!

Melody transforms back to herself in a smoke cloud around her. She was stiff and trembling in fear of the maid. “Bad joke. I won’t be doing that again. I won’t playoff my introduction of being your sister.”

“Okay.” Mia gave a big smile with a high pitch chirp, tilting her head. The message was clear that Melody was not out of trouble. The deceiving smile was meant to trick her into letting her guard down but it made things clearer how Melody messed up and needed to worry.

“Any who.” Melody scoots back over to her seat, keeping an eye on the angry maid. “How did you get here so fast? Dwayne-san said that you were at the house?” Melody switches the conversation to something else, to make sure that Mia isn’t going to stay pissed. You realized that the family name of the twin maids was Puddletoad and they did not like it. You were warned last night when you investigated a little into it.

“I flew.” Sarah expands her giant wings. She displayed the black bat wings' luminous gleam. These were mighty appendages made for flight. “It’s much faster than walking or cars.”

“I’m so jealous. I can only glide or flap like a chicken.” Melody whines. You remembered her furry wings. “They are small like me.”

“They are not like Betsy’s wings. Those are pretty small.” You tried to encourage Melody. “I don’t think that she can fly.”

“She can if she focuses her magic there. It won’t be fast, agile, or huge lift. It would be cumbersome. I could fly some if I focused my energy there.” Melody didn’t think much of your encouragement. She popped out her fuzzy wings. “See, if I put my energy-” she paused for a second. You didn’t feel any shivering in your sixth sense. “Shit, I’m out of energy. I transformed so much with the little I had left.” she looked over to Sarah and held out a hand. “Could I borrow some?”

You were surprised that Melody ran out of energy. You envisioned that succubus could do their class things or tricks endlessly but that wasn’t the case. They did have limits. “You want to borrow some demonic energy?” Sarah puts a hand on her chest.

“It is embarrassing as it sounds.” Melody sighs. She seemed very ashamed of asking her cousin this. “I can’t do a quick recharge with a dude because I’m not allowed to. Mia and Amy suck at transfering mana.” She threw a quick glance to Mia cooking pancakes. When it seemed like she hadn’t offended them, she continued. “With you being the largest source of demonic or sexual energy I could ask, I have to ask you.” Melody pauses for a second to see what Sarah was going to say. “I can’t ask Dwayne-san. He is off the books as the one you have chosen.” She tossed a nod to you.

Sarah leans back and taps her chin with her finger, acting as she was thinking. “Hmm.” She made a sound to try and make it sound like deep thought. You knew that Sarah was going to agree. Melody wasn’t vying for your attention with it. She had matured a bit that way. “Alright. I can give you some demonic energy. I can’t say no since it seems like you have grown a little.” Sarah reaches over the table with her hand to Melody. Melody responds in the same way.

“Thank you.” Melody grasps Sarah’s hand. You feel your sixth sense come alive. They were transferring demonic energy. You saw a red aura around their hands, flowing from Sarah to Melody. This must be a visualization for you for demonic energy.

As you watched, your head was wrapped around many different thoughts, mainly about what Melody said. “Mia and Amy suck at transferring mana.” Uncle Joe said that the Puddletoad maids provided energy for Madi to grow. Would it be possible for them to give that much to Madi and still be able to do stuff? Something sounds fishy.

After a few minutes, the transfer was done and Melody was recharged. Mia had brought a plate of pancakes to Melody for seconds.

“You really do have a lot.” Melody wiggles her body as she feels the energy inside her. “I can’t get recharged that fast usually. Being a queen succubus is something else.” Melody was flexing her little body. “Did I take a lot? Just curious.”

“No, I have plenty of energy. There is a surprising amount of people in this town that like to hurt people.” Sarah notes as she straightens up in her chair, her boobs jiggling. “There are fewer of those people with everyone turning good.”

“No doubt there was someone to talk to them about having a good conscience.” You grin. You knew that Sarah was helping the town by capturing the souls of those bad people and sending them down a good path.

“They just have to see the beauty in it and they go down the right path.” Sarah rolls a hand over her breast, indicating part of the motivation for these people to give in to Sarah.

“That really does help out a lot.” Melody sounds jealous. She pulled the pancakes to herself. She then morphed into her typical Tamamo-no-mae guise. “Others of us have to make ourselves pretty to get noticed in a chat. Sending pictures to show that you are a pretty girl.”

“Have you thought about being yourself?” You suggest.

“Didn’t I say that I didn’t want to be perceived as a loli succubus?” Melody seems a little offended with that repeat suggestion.

You raise your hands to show that is not what you meant. “I know you said that. What I’m trying to say is that you should be honest with our friends that are coming over. If you don’t show them the real you, they will never have real friendship with you. They will only see the pictures you send in those chats of games. It will be something fake, an illusion.” You tried to give Melody the hard truth of the matter. What her tricks could be doing to her.

Melody pauses for a good while. She was thinking deeply about what you said. She was facing an inner turmoil. “What happens if they don’t like me? What happens if they laugh at me?” Melody seems worried about that.

You put your hands together and pointed them at Melody. “Then they are not your real friends. A friend is someone who chooses to like you for who you are, after they have seen who you are. Otherwise, it would only be surface level.”

“Real friends will laugh at you at times, not to belittle or denigrate you, but as endearment. Because you like that part of someone.” Sarah adds. She was sweet in her words as well.

“I’m called ‘Dweeb.’ for pete’s sake.” You use your nickname as an example. “That is normally an insult.”

“Heh.” Melody giggles a little at that. She was absorbing your words, and Sarah’s, and chewing on it. “Thank you, both of you.” Melody was grateful for your advice. “I will think about what you said.” Melody took a stab at her pancakes. She took a bite out of it.

Her face puckered up in disgust. She then spat the bite out.

“Bleegh! There is way too much salt in them!” Melody cries out to Mia. She pointed out the flaw in the pancakes

“A little lesson for revealing someone else's secret. If you don’t want yours out, don’t tell other’s secrets.” Mia said nonchalantly as she cleaned up the kitchen. She had intentionally made them that way.

“That is pretty petty.” Melody complains. She pushed the pancakes away.

“I think it is pretty tame. I could tell the friends coming over the truth but that would be mean. It is something you would have to tell your friends.” Mia gave her support for Melody to reveal to your friends about what she truly looks like. We were trying to have her make the honest choice.

“I will think about it. After something that is not crazy salty.” Melody answers back, aggressively.

“They would be your friends, not mine.”

Melody turns back to you and Sarah after her little spat with Mia. “What time would the friends be coming over?”

“Probably this afternoon. I have to go into town and pick up my car and my friends.” You mention the situation with your car. You then turned to Sarah’s beautiful face. “It would be faster if I had a ride to town to pick it up.”

Sarah opens up her wings to show that she got the hint. She leaned on one arm towards you to make herself look even better. “I can do that but it is gonna cost ya.” Sarah flashes an enticing smile and raises her eyebrows.

“How is it going to cost me?” You play along with her. You moved closer to her.

She responds in kind, bringing her face closer to yours. “What sort of thing does a succubus accept for payment?” Her tail moved around behind her head, suggesting the method.

You put your hand on hers. Your face is less than a foot away from her. The heat is rising between the two of you. “I could do that.”

“Can the two of you not do this in front of me!? It is hard as it is being a loli but you don’t have to rub it in that iIm single!” Melody explodes. She crossed her arms and slouched in her chair. She looks very grumpy.

“It seems like I have to put the payment on hold.” You nod your head to the interruption.

“I guess so but you should know I charge interest.” She leans back to her position. Melody had killed the mood.

“I do wonder what the interest rate is.” You flirt with Sarah. “Should I meet you on the balcony?”

“I will have to make sure your tab is good for paying it later?” Sarah jokingly read her palm. “Your tab is good. We can accept payment later.” Sarah played with you masterfully.

“Ugh! your flirting needs work!” Melody whines again.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all enjoy the story so far.