- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The group arrives into town and find someone interesting at a coffee shop.
Flying was something that would never get old. Sarah had scooped you up under your arms and took off into the air. There was practically no traffic in the skies as birds fled at the unusual sight of flying people. Helicopters never really flew in town so there was no need to worry about those vehicles. There were no humming or rattling sounds of a metal engine when a succubus flies, not disturbing the clear sounds of the air above and not bothering the people below to notice you. It was the natural way to fly. Sarah carried you around on this exciting trip as the town looked like a miniature set. It was amazing to see things from above in Sarah’s safe arms. The miniature set became larger as it was time to descend. You and Sarah had to land a little bit away from the market area of town, lowering the chance of wandering eyes to possibly look up to see the giant bat wings.

“That is amazing as always. I can’t see why you wouldn’t want to travel any other way.” You say to Sarah as the two of you come out of an alley. It will be a little walk to Chad’s family bakery.

“I would love to travel that way. I will love to take you along whenever we can. I just don’t want to be seen. People would think I am some sort of Batwoman, more of the bat side than woman. Can you see me becoming a town lore?” Sarah gave her reasoning why she didn’t fly as often.

“I wonder what they would name the lore. Womanbat? Vampiric mistress? Queen of the night?” You ponder playfully names that would be like the Sasquatch lore, then again, he could be real since succubus exists. You walked down the main street with Sarah. She caught the eyes of several onlookers.

“”You better not call me ‘Vampiric Mistress’ that makes me sound evil.” Sarah complains about that name. She pointed a finger to make sure you didn’t use that nickname.

“What about ‘Queen of the Night?’ that has a better ring to it.” You offer that one.

“That makes me sound like a raunchy porn star.”

“Isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?” You quip.

“Haha.” Sarah fake chuckles. “I know what you are getting at.” Sarah knew that you were implying her succubus side was similar to those sorts of people.

“You’re right. I’m sorry.” You apologize. “You’re not like them. There is a lot more depth to those who have your type of blood.”

“You’re right, there is more to us.” Sarah looks smug. Her strutting became more pronounced as she was glad that you saw it that way. It caught more onlookers. She stopped that immediately when she saw the eyes. She was still shy at heart.

“Maybe ‘Princess of the Night’ is better.” You smile as you thought of that name as it still fits the common succubus connotation and with a twist of Sarah..

“Now I know you are pulling my leg.”

“Yes, my princess.” You giggle.

“Hey you two, wait up?” You hear a familiar voice behind you. You and Sarah stop and turn around. You saw Amanad running up to you with a shopping bag. You saw a familiar logo of the miniature and games shop in town. “I saw you two through a window of the store I was in and I had to catch up to you two. What are you two doing?”

“We’re going to pick up my car at Smithy’s Bakery and Sweets, Chad’s family business. Nick will meet us there as he has my car.” You brief Amanda on the situation. Amanda remembers what happened last night with the fleeing that somethings had to be taken care of the next day.

“What are you doing up so early? You were up late last night?” Sarah asks Amanda. She seemed the most surprised about the redhead’s early morning shopping.

“I had to pick up some things for today.” Amanda lifts up the bag to hint what she needed to get. “I finally have some free cash to spend on what I want instead of spending it on every fashion trend. I will no longer have a wallet that has Parabones fluttering out everytime I open it. I did stay up late but it was fun. I am used to late nights and waking up early. The evil lord of the Sith demands you to be at her house when she starts her day.” Amanda seemed glad that she was free from Vicky’s clutches. She is able to be more of herself.

“I’m glad to hear.” Sarah smiles then leans in very close to whisper to her. “I will ask about what is in the bag in a moment. I want to know how you feel after the ceremony and what class are you?”

Amanda brought her hand to whisper as well, making sure no onlooker could hear the discussion about demonic things. “I am a freaking cool Blade class. I have a big sword.” Amanda whispers were full of enthusiasm as she spoke about it. She was really stoked about being a succubus. “And I feel awesome. I have never felt so free and empowered at the same time. It is like I was meant to be this.”

“I’m so happy to hear that. I’m glad that we could make that a possibility.” Sarah got excited with Amanda about the news. Sarah then leaned back to a normal position and stopped talking in a whisper. “Now, what sort of things did you have to buy?”

Amanda jiggles the bag “I had to get some figurines. I heard that you all are having a DnD session today with an awesome DM. I had to get my stuff to see about hopping in.” Amanda did not let her joy waver one bit. She really wants to see one person in particular.

“Was that the thing that Caspian brought the other day?” Sarah nails it. Amanda wants to spend some time with the big nerd of the group.

“It is. DnD is a role playing game that you play with friends. Caspian is our DM for our campaigns. We meet on Saturdays sometimes to play.” You give a brief summary of the game.

“Are you playing today?” Sarah sounded curious and had a spark in her eyes. She was interested.

You recalled that you did have it planned today that you were going to have a session. Which is probably why Amanda bought some figurines. It slipped your mind because of the party. You knew that Caspian would be preparing for it, with and without the party. It would actually be a cool thing for the group to do to get closer. Plus, the location at Sarah’s family mansion would be the perfect backdrop to play.

“We are. I was wondering if you would like to join us?” You ask your girlfriend.

“I would love to!” Sarah claps her hands together and puts it close to her cheek. She squeezed her body in an adorable, sensual pose. She was very happy about you asking her.

“Could I join? Amanda asks. She was seeking permission but you knew that she was going to butt in if you said “No.” but you wanted her to join.

“You can as well.”

“Yes.” Amanda pumps her fist.

“How do you play DnD?” Sarah asks. Your hot blonde girlfriend needed to learn how to play.

“There are some books about it. I have a book to explain the basics but I left it at my house.” You also thought that you would need to pick up your other book, the family tome.

“We could fly over to your house to pick it up.” Sarah suggests, eager to fly again.

“Are we allowed to fly during the day?” Amanda was intrigued by that option. She wanted to fly as well.

Sarah nods before holding up a finger. “Yes, but not in crowded areas, ground or air. People don’t look up when it is an unassuming day. Landing and takeoff are the most dangerous parts so that is why you have to do those parts away from people.” Sarah informs Amanda about some of the dangers and rules of flying during daylight.

“Sweet. I have always wanted to fly around like Superman.”

“I think it is closer to Hawkwoman.” You gave your opinion about what it was probably closer to. “Anywho, I think we can swing by my house on the way out in my car before we go to the manor.”

“Can’t we fly to the manor after we get the car?” Sarah really wanted to fly. You did too.

You had to sigh. “I would love to but DnD has a lot of stuff. I don’t think we could carry it all as we fly.” You were afraid pieces would fall out as you flew and they would be lost forever.

“What about if Twigs helps? We will have three of us flying.” Sarah came up with another counterpoint. She really wanted to fly.

“Some of us will fly. I can’t hold everyone in my car. We will be having seven people coming over to the manor. Three can fly and four can’t. The number is kind of skewed towards needing to drive.” You had to put the numbers into the mix. With you, Nick, Chad, and Caspian being unable to fly, it would mean one person was left out with joining the flying options being Sarah, Madi, and Amanda.

Amanda had to put the final nail in the coffin. She was sad as she said it too. “Plus, I want to tell everyone later tonight. It would ruin the point of hiding it if I pop out my wings to get us there.” Amanda wanted to fly as well but she wanted to keep her succubus form secret from Caspian until she could surprise him, probably in a provocative way..

“Phooey.” Sarah pouts. She crosses her arms under her chest as she did. She wasn’t happy with the circumstances. She really wants to fly with you. You did too. Her grumpy body posture made her look like a stubborn princess.

“Don’t worry, Princess. We will fly for sure soon.” Your mind got stuck on “Princess.” She was a queen succubus and you did have royal blood. So, dating her would possibly make her a princess. You liked that nickname.

“We better.” Sarah moves her hand from under her boobs to the side of her cheek. She gave you a seductively sly side glance and smile. “Or else you may have to pay a fine.” Sarah licked her lips hypnotically.

“What happens if I like the fine better?” You knew exactly what sort of fine that Sarah was talking about. You would be racking up a debt with her and you were fine with that.

“Hey!” Amanda taps both of you to grab your attention. She pointed to a shop across the street. “Check out who it is?”

Across the street, at a coffee shop, Amanda’s older sister was seated outside, sipping some coffee. She appeared to be having a nice relaxing day at the shop, reading a book. You could tell the redheaded sister wasn’t too involved in the book because she kept glancing up, but not at your group.

“Hey, it’s Whitney.” Sarah notes who she was. “I allowed her to become one of my subjects a few days ago.”

“I know. Doing that gave me an option to seek help from my situation, but do you see what she is doing?” Amanda nudges the blonde giantess.

“Reading a book?” Sarah said, questionably. She wasn’t seeing that Whitney’s attention was not on the book.

“Not very well. Where do her eyes really say where her attention is?” Amanda tries to indicate where Whitney’s gaze was aimed nowhere near her table.

The attention of Whitney was at the store next door to the coffee shop, a bookstore. The classic bookstore had some small shelves of books on the outside to entice people in. Another familiar person was outside at those books, enticed by the selection.

“Who is that?” Sarah got the hint of what Amanda was getting at.

“That is Mr. Hawks, our school librarian.” Amanda points out the member of the school staff. He was the wise school librarian. “Plus, Whitney’s crush!” Amanda added that big bit of juicy detail.

“No way.” Sarah was shocked. She was also eager to hear more about those juicy details.

Ebenezer Hawks had the typical appearance of a male librarian around thirty, except that he seemed to be well built. The way he carried himself also spoke of someone who knew how to handle himself properly. “A sharp body sharpens the mind,” would be what he would say. The man was full of sage advice that students went to him a lot for help. He seemed to love giving advice and help. “Knowledge caged means you will never see it fly.” That would be one of the quotes he would say about helping others. You still needed to find what that means.

“Does he know?” Sarah whispers into Amanda’s ear. It sounded a lot like girl talk.

“Maybe, the dude is smart, Sherlock smart. But that doesn’t mean he would be smart enough to read a woman’s heart. They have conversations at school a lot. Whitney talks about those conversations all the time. She is trying to find a way to drop a hint that she likes him but she chickens out a lot.” Amanda responds the same way to Sarah. Low level excitement as they consider the pairing between the two. This was girl talk.

“He is probably oblivious to that subject. She is literally giving hints once you see where her eyes are going too. Whitney did mention that she had someone helping her with her situation. It only came to a potential breaking point that she came to me.”

Amanda rolls her eyes at that, not at Sarah though. “That would be my sister. Thinking about sacrificing herself for others, especially me.” Amanda seems to know a bit of why Whitney decided to become a succubus. “I guess she confided in Mr. Hawks about what she was going through.”

“I think that she cares for you.” You said. “She wanted you to have a normal life, that’s why she sacrificed herself.” You knew that Whitney became a succubus to protect Amanda from Mr. Davis and would be kidnappers.

“I know.” Amanda sighs. “I’m the one that made the mess trying to change the heart that is uglier than a sibriex. I didn’t want it to cause her trouble.” Amanda cares for her sister but she wanted her own independence as well. Amanda realized her choice to transform Vicky into a nice person made her sister act to protect her when she failed horribly in that regard.

“I would love to have a sister like either one of you. You care so much about each other. You want to make sure the other is safe and happy. You go out of the way to show it.” Sarah complements Amanda and Whitney. “It says a lot to become a succubus to express that love.” You could tell that Sarah was telling the truth. She admired the Spiritsongs sister’s sisterly love

“You’re right.” Amanda seems to ponder some of the words that Sarah said. She seemed happy with Sarah’s praise but there were other gears going on in Amanda’s head. “Come with me.” She grabs Sarah's and your hands to cross the street. You crossed on the bookstore side so that Whitney could see you walking up to Mr. Hawks.

“Hello, Mr. Hawks, what are you reading?” Amanda asks as she came up behind Mr. Hawks. Whitney became flabbergasted as Amanda and the group walked up to him.

Mr. Hawks was very smooth in his turn around to face you and the girls. “Oh, hello Amanda.” He recognizes her. “I’m skimming really. I’m trying to find good history books about the early American colonization, New England specifically. The topic I am trying to find about is hard to locate unless you go to small bookstores like this.” He looked past Amanda to you and Sarah. “How are you doing, Mr. Kenders and Ms. Silvermoon?”

“Hello, Mr. Hawk.” You return the greeting.

“Wait! You know my mother’s family name. How do you know that?” Sarah accuses Mr. Hawks in a surprised tone. You became surprised since he had never met Sarah. What was going on here?

Mr. Hawks got the memo. “Ah yes.” He straightens himself up more for a proper greeting. “My name is Ebenezer Hawks. I know who you are because I have become acquainted with Joseph Silvermoon recently. He talks about his grand niece becoming very tall and very appealing. I had to presume it was you as I haven’t met a person that fits those features except you.”

“Wait, how much is my Uncle talking about me?” Sarah switches from worried about the secrets of the succubus revealed to being nervous about what sort of things her Uncle was mentioning about her. It was similar to meeting a friend of grandparent and wondering what embarrassing stories they told.

“There are a variety of things but I don’t think we should discuss it in public.” Mr. Hawks made it sound like Uncle Joe told some embarrassing stories.

Sarah’s face turned red. She buried her face in her hands for the first time meeting someone and it appeared that they knew her humiliating stories. “I can’t believe it!” The giant form of Sarah tried to make herself small.

“No, no, no.” Mr. Hawks waves his hand to try and comfort her shame. “He didn’t talk about those sorts of things. I believe, ‘tales of youth are best told from those who lived it.,’ so we didn’t talk about those sorts of stories. We didn’t want you to be embarrassed when you met me.” Mr Hawks used his sage advice to explain that Uncle Joe never told those stories.

“Really?” Sarah sounds doubtful as she peeks out of her great hiding place, her hands.

“Really, he was talking more about another thing.” Ebenezer raised the book he had in his hands low so no one could see. With his free hand, he made horns on the book. He knew about succubus.

“Oh!” Sarah drops her guard. She knew what her Uncle mentioned. Her face was still red. “That was embarrassing.” Sarah mutters about her reaction.

“I would have guessed it under normal circumstances.” Mr. Hawks surmises. You were a little shocked that he knew. This increased the mystery of the school librarian. What else did your librarian know? “I have heard about it from him but have never seen it. With you, I would have to say that he is speaking the truth.”

“Wait, you didn’t fully know?” It was your turn to question him. “Why would you believe him?”

“A man of knowledge keeps his mind open to things that seem improbable, or impossible. That way, he can accept it if it is true.” Mr. Hawks gave words of wisdom again. He had something for everything. The words did make sense.

“So you kept it in the back of your mind that it could be true?”

“That is correct.” Mr. Hawks confirms.

“Wow.” You were amazed that he would listen to someone talk about succubus without showing proof. Uncle Joe had the maids but he didn’t reveal that they were succubus.

“On another note, why the interest in early American colonization?” Amanda switched it back to the old conversation. “Would it be something related to what you discovered?”

“It is actually. The reason Mr. Silvermoon contacted me because an ancient pottery piece I gave to a museum went missing from inventory. I researched what time period it was from and the art style and came to the conclusion that it was made around the late 17th century. The unique thing about it was what was on it.” He drew closer to the group to make sure that he wasn’t heard. “A winged woman.”

“Wow!” Amanda sounded amazed at that discovery.

“That is when he contacted me when my research stalled on that. He was the most enlightening in that area.” Mr. Hawks was very excited about Uncle Joe’s assistance.

“My Uncle likes to tell people about that, those he can trust. He must trust you.” Sarah notes how Uncle Joe had been willing to share that information with the school librarian.

“I know. He says that he views me as his apprentice. I’m kind of elated at that possibility.” Mr. Hawks states what sort of relationship he was having with Uncle Joe. It sounded very impressive that Uncle Joe considered Mr. Hawks to be reliable and knowledgeable.

“You must have researched a lot about that. I bet you know a lot.” Amanda asks again. She seemed to be going somewhere.

“I know some. I’m still searching to know more.” Ebenezer seems to think that Amanda’s suggestion was her eagerness. “For I am merely a student in this subject with limited resources.”

She had a different plan. “I know someone who is also interested and studied that time period. She is right over here.” Amanda walks beside Mr. Hawk’s arm and grabs it. She then pulled him along with her succubus strength.

You now saw what Amanda was aiming for. Amanda pulled Mr. Hawks over to her sister. Who was trying to hide herself in her book since you walked up to him, embarrassed that her sister went up to her crush. Whitney went as red as her hair as Amanda pulled Ebenezer right in front of her.

Whitney drops her book as she raises her hands to nervously apologize for her sister. “Mr. Hawks, I’m sorry for my-” Amanda didn’t let her finish that sentence.

“My sister has done a little study and research in the 1600s.”

Mr. Hawks nods to Whitney and mouths the words, “I'm sorry.” He knew that this was embarrassing for the school counselor. He then straightened himself to try to make it less awkward. “I’m sorry, Ms. Whitney.” He formally apologizes. “We were talking about the subject over there,” pointing to the bookstore, “and Amanda here said you knew some information about it.”

Whitney, blushing profusely, shifts her body to be more professional to her craft. “I-i do know some stuff about th-that time period.” Her voice betrays that she had the jitters talking to her crush. She was trying to hide it by mimicking her composure she has when she counsels students. It wasn’t working that well. “We can trace our family tree to around the-the time of the pilgrims.”

“Fascinating! Many people would love to trace their family tree to that group.” Mr. Hawks became intrigued. “May I ask why you have not brought that up in our conversations before? I would love to hear it.” The two of them have had deep conversations, you could tell. They were more than simple coworkers. They had developed a friendship that transcended simple conversation. You could tell from Whitney’s body language that she wanted the friendship to be more than really good friends that could share some confidential information.

“It was a very unassuming time period for our family so we don’t normally bring it up.” Whitney lied. You knew from Amanda that their family was a succubus family. The Spiritson family had a rich history during that time. Whitney wasn’t proud about her succubus side like Amanda so she would want it hidden.

“There is excitement and riches to be found in unassuming times. There is no need to hide what might seem mundane. A simple cup can be a more important treasure than gold to a beholder.” Wise words again as Mr. Hawk spoke to Whitney. He was never short of them.

“I would be happy to talk about my family’s arrival here but not what happened afterwards.” Whitney heeded some of Ebenezer’s words. “It is a dark time for my family.” Whitney glances to the side, gloomily.

“I will not pry into that detail.” Mr. Hawks raises his hands to signal that he would agree to those terms and not wanting to offend her. He did, though, have something to say about her hiding the details about the family's succubus birth. “I would say that you should reconcile with that part of your family history.”

“Pardon me?” Whitney blinks. She was visibly confused by that comment. She didn't expect to hear that.

“Let me clarify.” He put a hand over his heart to show his sincerity. “I can tell that you’re struggling with that part in your ancestry. It appears to have affected your life that you are frightened of it. You seem to know what it is. You feel imprisoned by it. I was trying to encourage you to come to terms with it. You might not like what happened back then but you can accept it. When you do that, you become more of who you are and who you are is beautiful.”

Whitney blushes profusely. Ebenezer had nailed her situation with her succubus blood without mentioning it. Plus, he threw in a complement. Whitney’s defenses broke as she was smitten by him that she started to play with her long red hair, becoming small, and her eyes and mouth became jittery. From your angle, Whitney’s tail popped out, trembling in excitement under the table. Sarah whispers silently behind you. “He can be a sweet talker when he wants to.”

“Th-thank you for the adv-v-vice! I will-ill think about it.” Whitney’s professionalism was gone. She was a middle school girl with her boy band crush. “I c-could talk about it f-for a little-le bit. If you-you don’t th-think it will be-be boring.”

“I don’t think you are boring. I found you very fascinating.” Mr. Hawk gave another compliment for Whitney smoothly. She was using the last bit of her self control not to squeal. She really liked Mr. Hawks, to be more precise, loved him.

Ebenezer seemed a little confused by Whitney’s behavior. You could see that Ebenezer was becoming a little uncomfortable himself. He knew that this reaction was a girl crushing on a guy. He didn’t know how to behave in this situation when it came to him. This was an interesting shortcoming to a sage librarian.

Amanda elbows him in the rib. “This is the part where you offer to get her some coffee for the conversation.”

Mr. Hawks grabs his rib, in slight pain, from the jab. Amanda might have hit a little hard. “Oh! Right!” He said it slowly as he registered what he was supposed to do. He held out his hand to ask Whitney, “What sort of coffee do you like?”

“Latte, please.” Whitney responds softly. She was still twisting her hair. She was redder than her hair.

“I will go get you a latte.” Mr. Hawks offers. He then walked into the coffee shop to get her a latte. He seemed more confident now that he knew what he needed to do.

“You better hide that tail before he gets back or he might figure out what you are trying to hide about yourself.” Amanda smirks at her sister once Mr. Hawks was inside.

“Eep!” Whitney yelps as she realizes that she let that appendage slip out. She dove her hands between her legs to seize her tail and push it back into her body. She didn’t want Ebenezer to find out about her being a succubus right now. When she got it under control, she flipped her head up angrily at her sister for setting up this impromptu date with her crush.

“Listen here. I think-” She didn’t make it far into chewing out her sister. Amanda was gone and so were you and Sarah. Amanda had used the tail to distract Whitney so you could flee. Amanda pushed you and Sarah in the direction of Chad’s family bakery. You were far away from Whitney when she noticed you were gone. “Shit.” Whitney realized her situation.

“I got you a latte.” Ebenezer said as he returned.


(meanwhile)

Uncle Joe sits at his desk in his oversized study. To the side of him, his faithful maid, Amy, stands, ready to protect the body or enforce the will of the master of the house. Uncle Joe is leaning forward on his desk, pondering the situation he has. It is rare to have a guest like this.

“I have heard your request and find it intriguing. You have knowledge of the sisters of the night so I am taking it very seriously.” Uncle Joe answers

“So it was my family’s knowledge of demoness that saved me, interesting?” A woman’s voice responds from the other side of the desk.

“It has. We normally have the maids do their usual things to guests to keep them from remembering this place correctly.” He indicates that Amy would solve the situations of those, without the knowledge, upon finding this place. “For your family seemed to have passed down some secrets after your succubus bloodline’s power waned. Do you know when it faded?”

“I do not. My grandmother would have known but she is no longer with us.” The woman kept as much of her knowledge as secret as possible as she could or would hide it behind excuses. She was wary of him and he was wary of her.

“I would have loved to have talked to her. She could have shared the depth and facts of your ancestry. Your succubus blood’s class tendencies, the power, and magic abilities.” Uncle Joe knew he couldn’t go deeper into the details.

“I would have loved to know too.”

“Besides the loss of that ancient knowledge, I will need time to consider and potentially prepare the requests. I have to talk to others about them activating your blood. I would possibly need them to do it.” Uncle Joe laid out the situation he was in. He would ask Sarah or Madi about adding a subject. Those two were the easiest way to awaken someone’s succubus blood, but it wasn’t the only way. Uncle Joe knew of another, more deadly route. A last resort if need be.

“I see. Could you not tell them it is me? I would want to surprise them.” The woman asked. She was concerned about those two knowing it was her.

“I will keep it a secret.”

Vicky Crowler grinned.

(Back in town)

“Are you sure it was okay to leave Whitney like that?” You ask.

“Oh yes!” Amanda was giddy. She was totally okay with setting up that date for her sister. She was so getting that you noticed her curves being a little plumper. She was letting a little bit of her succubus out as her happiness let it slip. “She has been stalling with simple conversations. They needed a proper date. She’ll thank me later.”

“Some people don’t like other people setting up dates for them.” You replied. The group walked into the strip mall with Smithy’s Bakery and Sweets.

“She will get over it.” Sarah states. Sarah was on Amanda’s side for this. “Whitney is lucky to find a keeper of a guy that knows about succubus. He would accept her. That is the second half of the battle won.” Sarah mentioned the situation that succubus had with finding love. It was rough for them. Sarah’s attention was diverted as she looked into the window of the bakery.

“Don’t worry about it though. We have other things to pay attention to.” Sarah licks her lips as she sees what sweets Chad’s family bakery offered. Chad’s family could possibly bend the entire succubus race to their will with the weakness succubus have to sweet things.
Chapter End Notes:
Getting closer to a crossover