- Text Size +

What had happened? Why was Kate the one who Mike “respected” the most? In reality, he was afraid of her, a fear that made him tremble whenever she came into the room.

Not always, he knew she was kind and only wanted to look after him; as his tutor, that´s her duty. It was in times of despair, whenever he felt he did wrong and that she´ll get mad that he started to quiver from the inside.

This was no irrational fear, he wasn´t afraid of her because she was the tallest among all. This had a cause, a reason.

 

Back then, when Kate moved in; after Mike´s grandma funeral. She knew one thing and one thing alone, she needed to do something with him. The poor guy was depressed. She tried to go out with him, she tried to add him on her routine, but she failed.

For starters, during her morning jogs, he was too slow. She was over twice his height, his short legs couldn´t follow her pace as she ran thru the park. Besides, he was half-sleep by then. She liked to run at 6 am, sharp. By then, he didn´t woke up before 9 am.

The jogging idea didn´t work well, so she tried something else. She looked for ways to become friends with him, become closer. But she sort of… failed in every way. He was kind of lazy in some aspects she thought were a must.

She discarded the cleaning, cooking, even watching TV. She´s sort of… different when it comes to series, Kate likes some soap operas he very much disliked since the first 10 minutes. Also, she´s sort of a fan of documentaries. And he, well, if he wants to dig into something in the search for knowledge, then he´ll grab a book. For Mike, TV was just a way to spend free time, nothing more.

As the days went by, Kate noticed one thing, they had nothing in common. She cooked for him, cleaned, went groceries shopping; while he stayed inside, still sad by his grandma´s departure. She gave him some time, but things must change.

 

Kate had to return to work, that was something she very well knew. But the thing is, what will Mike do while she´s gone?

That wasn´t hard to guess. After that reunion gave hosted, she met Diana. Now, she´ll be her savior, more like Mike´s claviger while she´s working. She couldn´t leave the man alone, she just, can´t trust him. What if she comes back from work and she founds him starving on the floor, with a pale tone on his face.

Perhaps, Kate was sort of… overprotective. But that´s just the way she was. She wanted to make sure everyone was taken care of. More on Mike since he was “in her hands”.

So, back then, Mike was left at the library; in the care of Diana every day. Kate explained to him that she was busy and couldn´t take him to work with her, so, the best solution was to let him with Diana from 8 am to 1 pm. Diana left the library by then and Kate will pick him up and take him home for lunch.

After that, well, Kate´s lunch time was from 1-2, so she needed to find someone to keep Mike company until 5. There´s where Abby shows up.

Abby will stay with him until Kate comes back from work. He didn´t understood quite well why he couldn´t stay alone. A 21-year-old-man should be more than capable to live on his own, at least stay home alone during 8 hours a day. But, Kate just didn´t see things that way.

At 3´ even, Mike was not exactly, good to be alone, at least that´s how Kate saw the whole thing. But, deep inside, Mike was pissed.

 

At first, he didn´t care. He just did what Kate said, he was still too hurt by his grandma´s death to think straight. He just wandered around the house like a lost soul. Alone, he thought he was alone in the world.

Kate was with him but, it didn´t felt completely right. She was not there to replace his grandma, she was very different in a lot of ways; for starters, she was over a foot taller.

Mike often glared at Kate´s body, she had long shapely legs, a round bust and a sexy body. Overall, she was like a super model for him. He often felt how his heart´s beat quickened inside his chest.

She was a giantess for him, he was not even as tall as her legs, her waist stood taller than him by a good three inches, but he didn´t care, there was much more woman to lure at.

The only thing that bothered him was when she tried to order him around. She was not demanding him to do stuff, she knew he must be still in grief. But he couldn´t just wander around the house doing nothing, that´s why she decided he had to do some stuff around the house.

She thought they could both clean, like a team, but that didn´t work out very well. He pretty much hated to clean. His height interfered with the way he handled a broom, a mop, the vacuum… he was frustrated, and she could tell, so she decided to leave that to the side.

 

The problem was not when she wanted him to clean, the issue was when, well, when Abby sort of pointed out the whole thing just one day.

“What do you mean?” Mike asked one day while Abby was around the house, “keeping him company”.

“I mean,” Abby started, “as a friend, I´m telling you that Kate´s not treating you like the adult you are.” She declared.

“But, well, I´m an adult, she just cooks, cleans, takes care of the bills…” he started.

“Exactly, what do YOU take care of? Have you thought about it? Mike, you´re a grown man who´s life is handled by, well, her. I mean, I know she´s like your guardian and all but, don´t you think a grown man should be able to stay alone rather than having a babysitter?” she asked.

“A sitter? Like… who?” he asked.

“well… ME.” Abby spoke.

“You´re not my babysitter, you´re just here hanging up with me while Kate comes back from work, that´s it.” He said.

“Haha, seriously? Can´t you see what she´s doing? Listen, first of all, she drops you at the library with that girl Diana…” she turned at him hoping he´d understand where she was going, but he didn´t seem to get it yet.

“Yeah, so? My grandma did the same.”

“Ughh, ok, I´ll make things clear for you. Kate pays me to come… I didn´t ask her but she insisted. She PAYS me to come and LOOK out for YOU while SHE´S gone… do you get it?” it was too obvious now.

Mike´s eyes widened as he finally got the point. Kate was, not only underestimating him, she literally looked for people to take care of him while she´s gone. That couldn´t happen.

Mike was an adult, a man. Yes, he was 3´ tall, but he turned 21 a while ago. He should be living on his own by now.

 

After that small chat with Abby, Mike opened his eyes. He should be trusted to stay alone, no need for a nanny, a sitter, anyone. He knew he couldn´t speak his mind to her just like that, but he had a plan. He´ll show her who´s the boss. From that day on, he´ll be the one giving the orders an not just doing what she says.

 

It all started as he planned. He rejected all of her orders in a polite way. Like, “I can´t right now…” or “I´m a little busy” she didn´t seem to mind, at first.

Over the days, she began to notice his lack of interest in, well, socializing with her. He just ate with her, and then locked himself in his room. Of course, she still drove him to the library; he mainly didn´t protest because Diana was nice and, well, she had a huge rack he peered at when she wasn´t looking.

Mike decided to turn ice cold to her. Barely talking to her, barely listening. Their interactions became as dry as he could possibly make them. Then, one day, things went a little different.

*knock* *knock* “Mike, we have to leave, it´s getting late, are you ready?” said Kate as she knocked on his bedroom door.

He opened the door, and looked up at her, he encouraged himself to pretend he didn’t care, he just played his best poker face and said: “I´m not going.” Just like that.

“Excuse me?” said Kate, was he actually saying that.

“You heard me, I´m NOT going.” He said once again.

“But, Mike, I can´t… I can´t leave you here… you must come.” She requested.

“Listen, I´m a grown man, it doesn´t matter if I´m short, I should be capable of staying home alone.” He protested.

“But, I´ll be gone for hours, even if Abby shows up a bit earlier, you´d still…” he just cut her off.

“I´ll tell her to leave, there´s no need for her to stick around every day… I can wait for you.” He declared, disliking a little the last part. It sounded as if he still depended on her.

“But, what would you eat?” she asked, worried.

“Whatever I find, when I´m hungry I´ll go down to the kitchen.” He replied.

Kate didn´t like this. For her, it sounded as if Mike had turned into a brat. Just annoying her with his every argument. He didn´t know what he was talking about. She must insist.

“Mike, we don´t have time for this, just go get changed and then…” that´s when he lost it.

“NOO! I will not! You can´t order me around, I won´t do as you say. I mean, why should I? This is MY house, you just… just came here and started ordering me around, no, that can´t be happening. Besides, you don´t even trust me to be alone. You asked Diana to look for me at the library and also asked Abby to babysit me while you´re gone, how old do you think I am?” he turned red by then.

Kate didn´t know what to say, he was enraged, it seemed to her that whatever had bottled inside of him during the last weeks, it seemed like years honestly, had burst out. And she didn´t like it.

“I´m a man, what´s more, this is MY house and you won´t be the boss of me, you heard me?!” he stopped for a moment, but the answer he got, was not the one he had in mind. But, to be honest, what did he thought would happen.

“Enough! Listen Mike, you may live here, but this is not YOUR house. You didn´t work for it, you didn´t struggle to pay for the rent, the property, NOTHING. You just LIVE here, that´s it.” She was mad, really mad. “On top of that, sorry but, if you were the one taking care of the house, I ASSURE you this place would be in ruins by now. You don´t know how to do SHIT on your own.” He had never heard her curse; things may have gotten out of hand.

He tried to hide his concern, so he just frowned and tried to speak again, gain control of the conversation, “S-so what, what makes you think…” but she cut him off immediately, stomping one foot on the floor.

*STOMP*

Se bent and, closing the gap between them, she spoke, “Listen, I don´t care what you have to say… you wanna stay alone, FINE, stay here ALONE while I´m gone. And don´t call me, cause I won´t come running to you when you beg for my help. Wanna see how´s the world on your own, then try it!” and so, she left.

Mike could listen to the sound of her heels as she went down the stairs and then slammed the door close. He did piss her off.

Now, as he was alone, he swallowed. For a second he thought she´d loose it. But he frowned again. He´d prove her wrong. She will be back home to see a man, unfazed by staying alone.

But Kate, as she hopped in the car, she was mad. She clenched her hands on the steering wheel as she drove off. These days where he was stone cold silent, now they made sense. If he was going to hate her, well, so be it.

She won´t beg him for anything. He´ll be the one begging. And that´s something she knew for sure. She just drove to work, not knowing what she´ll do next.

 

At first, things were easy for Mike. Breakfast was served already. A bit cold, but eatable. Then, he just sat on the couch, he watched TV until he got tired of it. He checked the time, barely 11 am. He still had some time before Abby showed up.

He kind of lied to Kate, he was in fact looking forward to Abby´s visit. He´d tell her all about his recent argue with Kate. He would´ve called her, but he had no cell phone what so ever. So he waited.

 

By 12, he was already hungry. His last meal had been ages ago, at least that´s how he felt it. He felt a void where his stomach was. He needed food. He headed to the kitchen.

He knew nothing about cooking, but he could fix himself a sandwich, something easy. He grabbed the bread, ham, mustard, mayo, a slice of cheese… and nothing else but the butter knife for the dressings. Of course, he needed a stool to reach some of the stuff, but he managed to do it on his own.

 

Finally, a couple minutes after the clock ticked 1:00, Abby knocked on the door. He rushed to it and cracked it open. He had so much to tell her.

They chatted for a loooong time. She pointed out the fact that he shouldn´t have said what he said. Kate was a kind person, and she was doing so much for him, he should at least appreciate what she does for him.

“What?! But you told me to do it.” He protested.

“Me…? No, nah ah, I told you she´s not treating you like the man you are, not to treat her like shit. Listen, I´m sure the main reason why your grandma chose her as your tutor it´s because of how kind she is… and maybe because she knows how to manage big loads of money you certainly have… but that´s not the point. The thing is, you should apologize.”

“Come on, I should, ughh, why are your advices so contradictory.” He said, she just leaned closer and rubbed her fist hard over his skull.

“They´re not, you´re the one who doesn´t get them…”

 

Abby did her best to wait for Kate, but after the clock ticked 9:00, she had to go. Apparently, she wasn´t coming any time soon.

She trusted Mike to be left alone, but not to cook. She just made some mac and cheese, she was bad at cooking, and then left.

 

Mike waited, trying to picture what he was going to tell Kate when she came back. How he was going to apologize. He would´ve rather blaming Abby for all, but it was his fault; deep inside he knew that.

Time seemed to go by really slowly, still, the clock ticked 11:00 pm. She had been gone for over twelve hours now.

“I wonder where she…” Mike thought as he heard a noise coming from outside. That was a cab parking right outside his house, dropping someone. 

He went downstairs to meet her at the door, but he stopped when he saw the door being slam open. He froze for a second.

It was Kate, but, she wasn´t exactly… happy. There was a faint light on the main entrance, but he could see her eyes, bright red. Her face showed a gesture of annoyance, but it was her voice that announced what was happening.

“Oh, so here you are… Mike…” her voice was the one of a drunken someone. He never thought she´d be one of those people who hit the bar to alcoholate themselves. No, there was something off.

“WHAT!? Why are you looking at me that way? What´s the matter, am I late? Where you waiting for me to cook you some diner? Hmm, is that it?” she said but, her tone was not necessarily friendly. It was sort of sarcastic, annoyed. She wasn´t really asking.

“No, I just…” he tried to speak, but she cut him off.

“SHHHHHH! Quiet, I don´t wanna hear a thing about what YOU have to say…” she made her way to him, throwing her heels to the side. She was stumbling a little, she almost tripped.

Mike took a step back, whatever the reason was for her to step closer, it meant no good. But she continued.

“You know Mike, I thought this whole thing of being your tutor would be… GREAT! But, you just proved me WRONG!” he had no idea what she had in mind.

“YOU…” she continued, “you just proved to me that you´re a tiny ungrateful man. I do soooo much for you, I believe you haven´t even thanked me for what I do. NO! Instead, you just… just… WHERE THJE FUCK ARE YOU GOING?!” he was moving to the side.

She was looming above him, so menacing, he couldn´t help it he was just afraid of her. He started moving mainly because she presented a treat to him.

She held him, grabbing his arm so tightly that he couldn´t help but to complaint.

*Ouch*

“What?! Don´t tell me this hurts you… you know nothing about what it is to be hurt.” He really knew nothing about what she was talking about.

What actually happened was that Kate was hurt. The second she step out of the house in the morning, she could feel some ache in her heart. Mike´s rejection towards her was something she didn´t know how to take.

Was it the sorrow of being alone? Was he feeling somehow inferior? Or, was it Kate who bothered him?

She didn´t know what to think. But she was mad by what he said. After work, she went straight to the bar. She thought: “He´s a grown man, he said he´ll be fine…” and just drawn her griefs in alcohol.

She drank much more than she ever did. Her thoughts on what she did wrong turned into how rude he was. She chose to blame Mike. Her doubts became anger. Her guilt became rage. Now, she was there to let Mike have some of it.

 

The amazonic woman loomed above him. So tall, so imposing, so mad. Her firm grip on him was enough to make him tremble.

“L-let go! Kate… please.” He begged.

“Oh, now you´re saying please…” she commented.

“K-kate…” he tried to back off, look for a way to let go. But she didn´t let him.

“Oh no, no, YOU ain´t going nowhere.” She declared.

His eyes opened wide, what was she going to do? But she answered his questions with one single blow. She slapped him right on the face. So hard that it made him feel dizzy for a second.

“And that´s nothing! I´M going to make you feel the pain I have. One blow…” she slapped him again, turning his face to the side with a single blow, “at a time.”

This wasn´t right. He may have not expressed himself in the proper way. But she didn´t have to do this.

“Kate! Please, I… you don´t…”

*SLAP*

“QUIET!” She said before she slapped him once more.

*SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP*

From one side to the other. His lip was bleeding now. She was so much bigger, so much stronger. Now, Mike was at the mercy of this giantess, who didn´t seem to regret anything she did.

In her current state, there was no way she´ll stop. At least not unless she wanted to.

She let go of his arm and grabbed him by the hair, pulling him as she walked. He drove his hands to his head. Trying to set free, but she was too strong. Mike could feel how useless it was when he took hold of Kate´s large hand. A single of her hands had much more strength than both of his.

This wasn´t right. At least not fair. Why was this even happening?

“S-sorry, Kate, I´m sorry! Please, please just… s-stop… please.” He was desperate, he didn´t know what to do.

She said nothing. No answer came from her. He just looked up to the enraged amazonic woman dragging him thru his house. This wasn´t over.

 

She threw him right in the middle of the kitchen´s floor. He immediately stood up, looking for a scape route, to somehow escape and hide in some place of the house.

“Now…” she continued as she looked at both sides of the kitchen, “You´ve done NOTHING around here. The same dishes on the sink, the floor´s filthy. If you regrated anything of what you did, then the house would be clean. But no, you regret NOTHING!” She grabbed him by the shirt and rose him, his feet dangling in the air. He swallowed.

“I´m losing my patience Mike, I really am. If you don´t change that shitty attitude of yours… then I have no other choice than to punish you…” she sounded serious. She released him and he fell into the floor once again.

“Now, I´ll give you one more chance. JUST one.” She rose her finger, “But If you fail me… then,” she bent down and whispered to his ear, “Then I´ll have no other choice than to hurt you… for real.”

His heart skipped a beat. Hurt him? Wasn´t she supposed to look for him? He said nothing, she didn´t even wanted him to speak. Protesting now will lead her to kill him. He just looked at her with horror in his eyes.

“Now, clean this mess… I´ll be back to check on you, and you better listen to me now… Or else…” and just like that, she turned and left. Leaving the poor man alone in the kitchen.

 

After a few hours…

*YAAAAAAwwwn*

Kate woke up, but she wasn´t in her bed, she had slept on the living room´s couch.

“Huh… what am I…” she found out, she also had a headache, so she guided her hand to her head and closed her eyes. The light was too bright.

She decided to drink some water, regretting drinking so much. “Gosh, I haven´t done that in a while… I guess I should´ve…” she froze for a second when she entered the kitchen.

There he was, scrubbing the kitchen´s floor with a towel, or maybe a piece of cloth…? No, it was his own shirt.

Kate covered her mouth with his hand, Mike just didn´t seem… well. She was more than sure that it was too early for him to be awake, it was around 7:00 am, besides, she could see some bruises in him; from when she let him fall to the floor. But the worse part was, when he turned.

“Come on, rub harder, or she´ll get mad…” he thought as he turned, he was trying to somehow polish the floor.

The last thing she said, which was actually an order, was for him to clean the kitchen. And after she left the room, he focused on pleasing her. He thought about running, about getting out of the house and look for help, but where could he go?

Run to Abby? Hide somewhere on the backyard? There was no point on that, if she ever found him, then a fully enraged woman will make sure to finish what she started. He feared the anger of the gigantic woman. He didn´t even made it passed her hip.

He resigned. He went for a broom to swipe the floor. He took the stool and washed all of the dishes. But that wasn´t enough. How clean is clean? He needed to mop the floor, but that thing was too heavy; even with the broom, Mike had a hard time cleaning.

The kitchen had a good size, but it took him over an hour to wash the dishes and swipe it. Now, he didn´t know what to do. He needed the floor to shine, he didn´t want to know what will happen if the kitchen didn´t seem clean enough. Instead of a mop, he removed his shirt and began wiping the floor. For hours and hours, he had no idea when Kate will come back.

He was too afraid to even notice she fell asleep on the couch the second she laid her head on one of the cushions.

 

Now, he was cleaning, and that´s what he had been doing for hours. When Mike turned, he saw Kate´s feet. He stopped for a moment and then looked up to her.

Her face showed some concern, she was preoccupied, but he didn´t give himself enough time to analyze her and just said as he fell backwards.

“J-Ju… I´m… I´M STILL CLEANING!” he declared, grabbing the shirt again and rubbing even harder. “S-see, it´s clean… clean. P-please… just… don´t hurt me.” He said, being afraid he hadn´t clean enough.

When he turned, she saw his face. Both of his cheeks were red, and his lower lip seemed swollen, and it was red. She slip it with one of her blows. But she couldn´t exactly remember… until, it all hit her.

“Oh my…” she covered her mouth with both hands as Mike didn´t dare to look back up.

“No… no no no no, Mike I…” she took a step forward, but he just backed off, without saying a word.

She did it. She had actually done it. She hurt him just like she promised she will. She had wanted to make him feel as broken as her when he rejected her affection. But that didn´t gave her the right to torture him.

Mike´s hands were red. He had been scrubbing the floor for hours now. He didn´t know what else to do, so he kept going. Even when his hands began to feel numb.

She did it, she caused him this. What had she said? What had she done? Of course, nothing good. The poor guy was afraid of her. In her attempt to approach to him, she had just casted him away. She not only hurt him, but now, he was afraid of her.

Chapter End Notes:

Chapter 12 has just been posted on my patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/Mine1234