- Text Size +

"What's up little bro?"



John swung his head around to see his older brother Kevin bounding down the stairs to the basement. Kevin was dressed in his usual Saturday afternoon attire: his varsity basketball hoodie, fleece sweatpants, and thick Nike pro socks. As usual, he had pulled the elastic cuff of his sweatpants over his heel.



"Why do you do that with your pants," John asked, eyeing his brother.



"Dude, it's so cozy," Kevin said plopping on the couch. "You should try it instead of dressing up all the time."



John wouldn't consider his current outfit of jeans and a t-shirt "dressing up" but he was decidely less "cozy" than his brother who was now sprawled on the couch.



"Anyways, what are you doing little bro?"



"Oh, just queuing up a game of NBA2K."



"Sweet! Can I get in on this? I've been itching to play against someone instead of the computer."



John shifted nervously at his end of the couch. He knew his brother was good at the game -- really good -- and super competitive to boot. John wasn't up for a humiliating afternoon. 



"Actually...I think I'd rather..."



"What? You scared?" Kevin interrupted, as he reached for the other controller 



John had flashbacks to various beatdowns at the hand of his brother, virtual and otherwise: mini golf, Madden, ping pong. The result was always the same. Kevin annihilates his brother while gloating his way to victory. He seemed to take a particular relish in humiliating John.



But maybe this time would be different. John had been practicing the game and had become pretty good. Suddenly he had a flush of confidence. He was ready to knock the smug smile off his brother's face.



"Fine! Let's do it."



"Huh?" Kevin said, looking up from his phone. "Oh wait? Really?"



Kevin smiled and looked back at his phone.



"So there's this new plug-in called NBA2KShrink."



John gulped.



"Basically, we play a normal game, and then the loser shrinks. But there's a fun twist," Kevin smiled as he noticed John squirming again. "The shrinking scales to margin of victory! The  more I win by the smaller you get."



John stiffened up. He wasn't going to let Kevin intimidate him.



"Or, the more I win by, the smaller YOU get," he said with confidence.



Kevin laughed, and eased back into the couch, propping his feet on the table in front of them. He tapped a bit on his phone and said, "Okay, plug-in installed! Beware, I'm showing no mercy. Prepare to be stomped."



"Let's just choose teams. I'll be the Suns, you're the Bucks. A finals rematch."



"Fine by me."



Kevin smiled again. He knew John had no chance, even if his brother hadn't realized it yet. He wasn't just going to win; he was going to run up the score so high that his brother would be a speck at the end.



The two lined up for the opening tip, which Kevin easily one. Within 5 seconds he had drained a three-pointer.



"Boom! Good start."



Kevin quickly lined up his team in a full-court press.



"Woah," John said nervously, leaning forward with concentration. "That's a little aggressive."



Kevin stayed leaned back on the couch, carefree. 



He quickly stole the ball and launched another three-pointer.



"Six-zip," Kevin said, happily swinging his feet as his team got into the full-court press again.



A few more steals and three-pointers later and it was suddenly 18-0 Kevin.



He was still chilling and relaxed, while John was nervously mashing his controller trying to break the press.



"Can't handle the pressure, huh?" Kevin smirked. 



Another steal. Another three-pointer.



"Maybe, you could ease off," John said.



"What happened to all that confidence?"



Kevin laughed.



Another steal. Another three-pointer.



Then another. And another. And another.



Halfway through the first quarter he already had a 42-0 lead.



John paused the game.



"Don't think about quitting," Kevin said. "If you quit, you automatically get shrunken to the minimum size."



It was a lie. But Kevin knew John wouldn't doubt him. In truth, he didn't know if there was a minimum. He just wanted total annihilation.



"Just take it easy on me," John begged. "No more press. No more 3's."



Kevin put his hand to his chin and pondered.



"Naw." He laughed. "This is too much fun! I want to see how small I can make you. Just a little piece of lint on my sock. Ooooh, maybe I'll even stick you under the cuff of my pants and walk all over you."



John looked absolutely humiliated. This was the worst-case scenario. His brother gleefully beating him again, only this time, he would make his humiliation physical.



Kevin relished this moment. His brother was broken and humiliated. And he knew he only had one option: Pour on the pain.



"Beg me for mercy and maybeeee I'll take it easy on you."



"Please. Show me mercy."



"Kiss my sock."



"No."



"Do it. Or the stomping resumes!"



Kevin lifted his left foot and placed the white sock right on his brother's face.



John reluctlantly kissed.



Kevin laughed uproariously.



"Okay, you'll take it easy?"



"No fucking way. I just wanted to see how low you'd go. I don't believe in mercy."



Kevin unpaused the game and resumed his full-court press. The rhythm continued. Steal, three-pointer, steal, three-pointer and so on.



By halftime, Kevin's lead was an almost unfathomable 183-0.



Kevin stood and stretched. John looked like a ghost.



"This is bad, even by your pathetic standards," Kevin said. "Gotta say, it's gonna be nice having your speck-sized body under my heel."



"Can we please call it off," John pleaded. "Please."



"I told you, no. This is so much fucking fun."



John noticed Kevin reaching into his pants. His brother was getting off on this.



"Kevin...are you..."



"Dude. It's so fucking hot to know that I'm shrinking you down with every basket. Kim's gonna come over after and we're gonna fuck with you in my sock."



Kevin laughed and stroked his dick. "Here, I'll play one-handed for a bit."



So it went for a bit. They played while Kevin jerked. With each steal and three-pointer he jerked harder and harder.



Finally he came as he crossed the 200-point mark.



"FUCK YEAH!" Kevin screamed. "Who knew a video game could be such a turn on?"



John just wanted to disappear, but he was worried about quitting the game. He just had to hope Kevin would go easy on him.



And so the rout continued. Kevin kept the pressure on, enjoying each basket more than the next.



Finally, the game mercifully came to an end.



333-0



Kevin stood up and walked over to John.



"Time to shrink, bug."



"Please..."



"Too late. I already linked up the results to the app. Just need to see how small you'll get."



Kevin plopped next time John and waited for the app to do its work. Kevin noticed John staring at his feet aimlessly splayed out on the table.



"Cozy duds, man I'm telling you. I'll probably take a comfy nap with you in my sock while I wait for Kim."



John was sweating profusely.



"Oooh, results are in!" Kevin said. "And the size is....5mm!"



"NO!" John said. "That's so small."



"This is AMAZING," said Kevin. "You'll be a speck...sock lint...so isignificant. Just need to hit this button and...."



All of a sudden John .



"Woahhhh."



Kevin leaned over. And right where his brother had been sitting was a little speck of a man.



"This is too perfect. Don't bother yelling. Can't hear ya. And I know where you're going."



Kevin liked his index finger and and dabbed it on his brother who was stuck fast. 



"And now to your rightful spot."



Kevin pulled up the right elastic cuff for his sweatpants and swiped John inside. Sure enough, he stuck right to the fleecy fibers.



"Bye runt."



Kevin pulled the cuff back over his sock and leaned back. He threw his legs up on the couch and decided it was a good time for a nap before Kim came over.



He slept soundly while his mite-sized brother thrashed at his feet. Kevin didn't feel a thing.