- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

With a little delay, the new chapter !

Chapter 14: New Term – New life

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me!” grumbled Karen, looking up at Kat, who rolled her eyes and sighed.

“I did tell you. Just now. Can’t you get on with the scrip, Karen, please?” she growled, and the smaller, inferior MAJOR, winced and then energetically nodded, trying to appease her friend.

“Okay, sure but… I mean… You, with a minor? That’s…. that’s not really what you’d have expected from someone like you. It’s great, really, I’m not saying that it’s bad!” she hastily added, when Kendalynn squinted in her direction.

She felt powerful. Just closing her eyes a little made her friend submit. And she wasn’t a Minor. She was a full-blooded, if petite, MAJOR. Of course, she had been groomed since a long time by now to make sure that Karen would obey her – often yet unvoiced – desires. Others would be harder to deal with. Like the two Cyclopeans idiots, the official King and Queen of the High School. That they had broken up – something quite common for MAJORS their age, no matter their size – meant that each of them could possibly waltz in her carefully devised plans.

Melania was bound to be easier to deal with, surprisingly. She had become more subdued, as if not only the threats about her family’s rather shady dealings with law enforcement and correct documentations, but also her break up had made her a lot more unsure of herself. Richard was a lot more volatile. His little rape attempt had been thwarted so easily that he seemed to have been emasculated, but he had grown so much in the last few weeks, shooting up at a terrifying 5 meters even (16 feet 5), and it had made him regain his confidence.

“I mean, you’re known for your defense of them – Minors, I mean! But becoming a couple with one of them it’s… it’s something else, you’ve got to admit it!”

“I do admit it, Karen” sighed Kat, who wanted to think about something else than her love-life, right about now.

She’d have time to do so when the third period would be over. Mouse would end his morning courses, meaning that they’d be able to share a meal, and she’d reveal herself for the world to see. And she needed to be prepared, to try and analyze what could happen, and what would happen. Most MAJORS would actually be jealous of her – even today, when their kind was starting to pop up in greater numbers in High Schools all over the country, Minors were a rarity. To Bond with one was often seen as the ultimate proof of uniqueness.

Kat expected a lot of scavengers among them. People who wouldn’t dare actually face her and try to steal her Mouse from underneath her but would try to ingrain themselves in her circle, trying to find a way to also connect with Jordan, in the hope that they’d break off. But they weren’t the worst kind, of course. Those, she could manipulate, shape to conform to her will, and generally speaking rule them – she’d even let Karen use her position as her best friend to dominate those, making her feel trusted and powerful when she was just the former and useful.

“But aren’t you afraid about some guys being… I don’t know, violent against him? I know that some people don’t like Minors around here and there is even some who are… you know?”

“Yes I do” growled Kat, but her anger wasn’t focused on Karen; she liked to see her being nervous for something which could affect Kendalynn herself, since it meant that she’d do her best to prevent it. “Those idiots are wasting most of their time screaming about blood purity and what not – I guess I should be happy that they don’t care about the skin tone or faith of a MAJOR, but they are insufferable asses. One asked me the other day to sign up with them, because the MacGregors are known for having no Minors in our ancestry…”

“Speaking of old families… how did your Mom took it?” asked Karen, her voice soft as she knew she was threading on thin ice here.

“It wasn’t… the easiest time” admitted Kat wincing now. “But we managed to-“

She was cut off by the loud ring indicating the end of the period and she jumped upward. She needed to isolate a little with her Mouse and Karen. Jordan needed to learn that they wouldn’t always be alone when she’d display her predatory side to him. She wondered how he’d react. He’d probably be flustered, bothered and ashamed. She licked her lips as her mind wandered to the many ways she’d be able to play with him. She’d perhaps even let Karen have a lick of her Mouse, as long as she remembered that he was Kat’s pet.

She walked toward a nearby hall, where she knew her Mouse would be. She had studied his whole week, after all, to avoid wasting too much time away from him when it was possible to avoid it. And it wasn’t just a mean to protect her rights over him. It was also, deeply, a way of keeping an eye on him. Attacking or hurting a Minor was obviously a heinous crime, but it didn’t mean that accidents couldn’t happen, or that anyone would try to directly harm him. But Kat knew how brutish most MAJORS were, and even a well-intentioned bump could hurt him bad.

And of course, the longer they stayed together, the lesser the chances of other predators stealing her preys, or even forcing her to fight them. It was the one thing she didn’t like in admitting her feelings for Jordan. She exposed herself in ways she had never had before. She had had flings, of course, but with other MAJORS, and more often than not, she had managed to come out on top, using those as stepping stones to achieve more power over her peers, in one way or another. But with Mouse, it’d be impossible, and it’d embolden others to try and claim him.

“Would you look at that” huffed Karen as they turned a corner and almost bumped in a crowd of brats.

Kendalynn didn’t answer, as she was too focused on scanning them to find her Mouse. Here he was! Surrounded by three or four girls, who still looked like kids more than teenagers. But Kat saw that at least one of those would quickly transition from this childish appearance to the far more mature one that all MAJORS had when they hit puberty. She could already see a glimpse of her curves, her ass standing far prouder than those of her peers already. Her slightly taller size also meant that she clearly pushed away her rivals to bother Jordan.

It should have been easy to dismiss their childish attempts at seducing him, but somehow it wasn’t. They were quite crude, not at all subtle, each trying to move the others out of the way, giggling and even extending their hands to caress his hair, his face, which only made him more nervous. And Kat angry. She wanted to rush among them and beat the living shit out of them. She wanted to bit their heads off to dare and paw her Mouse. But she was older, more careful, than those pathetic rivals who didn’t even knew that their prize was already claimed.

“Excuse me” she said in her calmest, most neutral tone, which she knew could feel threatening to some – something she loved. “I’d like to speak with my boyfriend.”

“Well you can go and do that then” snarked the girl who had her first curves starting to show, without even turning around. “I mean, we aren’t blocking the corridor!”

“No, but you’re pawing him and I don’t like it at all” coldly replied Kat, knowing full well how the kids would all react – and in fact expecting it.

They all gasped and pivoted on their heels to look at her. Kat did her best to keep her face as expressionless as possible. It was socially acceptable that a girl Bonded with her Minor could be cold or harsh – to a point – with others who treated her Bondmate as if he was open for the hunt. But she didn’t want to seem to act too rashly. She had a reputation to preserve, no matter what. But to see this gathering of dummies look way up at her with eyes wide open and mouth agape was worth the risk. Those idiots needed to learn their place, after all.

“We didn’t know…” started one of the smallest and youngest looking girls, but she was silenced by the taller one, who elbowed her.

“Jordan never told us anything about a girlfriend or being Bonded. How do we know you’re not just trying to bring him with you and your crony in a spot where no one can keep an eye on you, uh? I’m sorry but I don’t believe you!”

Kat cocked an eyebrow. That little brat had some guts, talking to her like that. She wanted to slap her silly, but she wouldn’t let a kid ruin all her efforts over the years. She was one of the calmest head in school, she was liked by her teachers, who even sometimes encouraged her to be more assertive. Still, Jordan was hers, and she needed to find a way to make those kids back off, or be crushed underneath her. And the best way to do that was, obviously, to Bond with Mouse. It was as easy as breathing – she had rarely released his mind when they were at home, after all.

She felt his mind, his worry at the situation but also a form of weak flattery at the idea of having so many girls surrounding him – he was a boy, in the end, and it almost made her chuckle, but she managed to keep her emotions under control. She sent an impulse in his brain which made him yelp a little. He looked up at her, a little embarrassed but then nodded and walked past the other students to stop next to her hips – he was so small! She hadn’t really noticed but even the pre-teen easily cleared his size and towered over him!

“What’s happening?” frowned the one who was very close to MAJOR puberty already.

“I Bonded my boyfriend is what” explained Kat, taking her most practiced gentle but bored tone. “As you can see, it’s incredibly easy to do that when one’s in a relationship with a Minor. A real one, I mean!” she finished, unable to contain a little sneer.

“Yeah, well, that’s not a reason to be a bitch about it!” spat the young MAJOR.

“Hey brat, you’d better watch your tongue!” hissed Karen, walking toward the younger girl, who, while significantly smaller, wasn’t either so minuscule compared to Kat’s friend, while Mouse hid behind Kendalynn’s leg, which made her feel proud, even as she soothed his fears with her confidence.

“Yeah, and why? What are you, the lapdog of your bitchy friend? She lets you eat her scraps and you’re happy? That’s so damn pathetic!” growled the other, who even dared to push Karen back.

Kat took a step back, forcing her submissive boyfriend to do the same just because she moved, instead of ordering him with the Bond. Karen had a hard time realizing that she was on the small side for a MAJOR her age, and she seemed to compensate that shortcoming by being a lot more volatile when she felt threatened by someone. She proved it once more when she unleashed on hell of a slugfest to on her offender, one sucker punch in the guts and an uppercut right as the other leant forward. However, it only lead to screams and a rush on her.

Kat almost swore under her breath. She couldn’t let Karen being beaten by a bunch of kids! She’d lose a lot of standing if her friend was belittled like that! Reputation was a hard-won and easily lost currency in this school after all, and she had invested too much in Karen’s and her own to allow it. On the other hand, punching someone just because her friend was assaulted was a risk. She may end letting her real personality shine through, after all… But perhaps there was another way to stop the brawl which was erupting before her very eyes, a way less dangerous for herself.

Tell them to stop, she ordered Mouse, making sure that he felt that a hefty reward would be his if he did as she wanted, and he seemed eager to please.

“Stop!” he yelled, startling her with how shrill his voice was. “Don’t fight, please!”

“She hit me!” roared the one that Karen had sucker-punched but who seemed quite eager to deliver some blows of her own now. “She won’t get with it!”

“Please, Isabelle! I – I really hate violence!” he pleaded and Kat felt quite gleeful, since while she couldn’t understand how it could be true, violence being such an important factor in a MAJOR’s life, she knew that voicing such concerns always phased her kind.

“But she punched me!” yelled said Isabelle with a shrill childish voice, which made Kat quite smug – she certainly didn’t sound like an overgrown kid herself!

“I know but I… I can’t be interested in peoples who answer to violence with more violence!” he said, forcing a little on his voice, which was still quite soft, and Kendalynn rewarded his efforts with her hand nestling itself on his back, steadying and appeasing him with one simple gesture.

“You’ve heard Jordan. But of course, you may prefer to resort to violence, since you already were the one starting this mess” sighed Kat, knowing that it’d stop the little rats.

The girl licked her lips quickly, her eyes darting around. Kat decided to stand straighter and squint a little. She knew her face gave a dangerous look, when she did that. Her eyes were hard and piercing and the other, younger, MAJORS took a step back. The will to fight seemed to leave them, as they realized that violence wouldn’t even achieve their goal of snatching Jordan. While the temper of their kind flared easily, a scuffle for nothing was still not something anyone sought after at their age. Had they been slightly older, it would have been harder to stop them.

“Great. Now, we’re leaving” stated Kat, her voice soft but she knew that Karen would pick up the order hidden beneath this calm tone.

 

* * *

 

“You should have let me put that little bitch in her place” grumbled Karen as soon as the three of them were back in the usual calm and secluded spot that Kat loved to be alone with her friend. “She’ll be a problem if she isn’t reminded that there is a pecking order here…”

“Don’t be ridiculous Karen” chided Kat, dropping her gentle façade for a moment. “We don’t want a brawl into the school right now. Not with my Mouse right in the middle!”

As she said that, Kendalynn, pawed her prize. The Minor was shifting uncomfortably, sitting between the two MAJORS, even if Kat made sure that he knew she was obviously in charge. Her right hand was on his thin shoulders, not moving, but its weight alone served as a reminder of her ownership of him. And of course, she used the Bond, having ordered him mentally to remain silent. He needed to learn and for that, listening to her and Karen as they decided what to do, to him, and to the rest of school obviously.

“Come on… You know that I’m saying the truth! Those new girls will be a problem real soon! You think they’ll care about our hard work? They’ll try to destroy it soon!”

“And we have less than two years remaining in this place, Karen. It’s not a problem, I assure you. All will be fine, we just need to remain calm and collected, so we can be ready for University. It’ll be a harder work there, we don’t need to bring too much attention to us before that.”

“And you aren’t worried that they’ll try to get this little guy for themselves once we’ll leave this place?”

A sudden chill surprised Kat. She hadn’t actually thought of that, at all. In her mind, it was obvious that Mouse would leave the High School at the same time as she would. He wouldn’t want to be left alone, surely… but as they spoke, she felt his trouble. He wanted to finish High School. She knew it, of course, but she hadn’t ever thought about it more than a little. If she left, he’d come. But now, it seemed he’d need to be convinced or coerced… and she suspected that it could fester and it’d threaten their relationship.

“We’ll… we’ll deal with it in due time” she stuttered, feeling a little worried and hating it.

“You didn’t thought about it, uh? Well, that’s not a problem, I’ll deal with it, if you want to. You do know I like it!” she added, with a little cackle, punching the air. “I assure you that I can do that fast!”

“I don’t doubt it, but no. Not right now” replied Kat, gloomy now. “Let’s think about it, okay?”

“Yeah, sure…” sighed Karen, who seemed to deflate a little, as she sat back, pouting.

But Kat couldn’t care about it. She looked sharply at Mouse, who was fidgeting now. He felt her mind probing his own, and yet he didn’t even try to resist or hide anything. It pleased her, of course, since it proved that he had already learnt that it was useless. He possessed the potential to easily deal with her, after all, but not the will nor the skill. Which was something she liked, of course. But her predatory nature was now confronted by the potential of her prey simply falling out of her grasp because of the fact that they weren’t in the same year, just because he was a Minor and she a MAJOR.

“You know… I’m not so easily moved” suddenly said Jordan, surprising the two taller women.

“What do you mean, small stuff?” asked Karen, who seemed amused.

“Well, I won’t get snatched by any girl!” he huffed, looking up at them, which made Kat chuckle a little. “That’s true and you know it!” he yelped, indignantly.

“Watch your tone babe” she growled, even if she felt a little amused. “I know how you feel, but you’re a Minor in a MAJOR’s world. “Believe me, if you’re alone, without a Bondmate – or a girlfriend in our case, you’ll have all the girls and some guys coming at you all day long. And that’s seriously not something I’ll agree with, so we’ll have to think about your future.”

Kat glanced sideways at Karen, who seemed a little confused now. Clearly, her friend expected something else from her, but it was a difficult time. Sure, Mouse was small and frail and her friend knew that she could be a little more ruthless than the image she gave to others. And she probably expected some reaction, but Kat didn’t want to be too brutal with him. She loved him, after all, even if it made all of this far harder than usual. Yet, she needed to do something, and she could probably seem to punish him and yet please him at the same time.

“You should need to be more discreet, Mouse” she said, with a grin, as she pivoted on her derrière to let one of her feet fell on his lap, which made him wheeze a little.

She made sure to let him realize that it wasn’t supposed to be a real punishment but that he needed to play his part right about now. She hadn’t been careful enough and hadn’t planned correctly how to interact with the other students alongside him. She wanted to slap herself, but she obviously couldn’t. She had taken too many things for granted. She hadn’t thought that being a couple with a Minor would be so difficult to deal with. How could something so small that her foot covered his whole torso with ease be so dangerous for her way of life?

“Uh… Kat?” asked Karen, startling the taller teenager out of her thoughts. “Do you think that I could… you know… share in the fun?”

“What?” asked Kendalynn, blinking as she looked at Karen, who was now fidgeting a little.

“I… I mean… You know I’ve never truly met a Minor and I… I wondered if perhaps I could help you, uh, discipline… Jordan’s, right? I’m not interested in him, I swear but it’s… a once in a lifetime opportunity. I mean… hehe” she finished, sounding so ridiculous that Kat’s indignation let way to humor.

“Sometimes, I really ought to kick your ass Karen” she chuckled, as she felt Mouse trying to crawl from underneath her foot, until she increased her pressure a little. “But I’ll be damned, sure, why not!”

She felt the indignation of Mouse, but she quashed it easily. She was the apex predator here. She felt as if she was an adult panther looking at a smaller beast, a jackal perhaps, asking for her permission to lap at the font where she drank usually. She passed her hands in her fiery mane, smirking as she removed her foot from her Minor, gesturing for her friend to do as she pleased, even if she remained focused on Mouse and her friend, making sure by her posture that she would make sure that nothing too dangerous would happen. She was the only one allowed to harm Jordan.

She didn’t move away, of course. She needed to be a constant presence, not just in the mind of her Mouse, but also on the physical side, for him and for Karen. She felt his trepidation when the smaller girl approached him, looking delighted. He almost yelped and certainly recoiled when she poked him in his left cheek with her finger, which made her chuckle. Kat let out an amused growl at that. She had forgotten how jumpy he could be when he was approached by people he truly didn’t knew well enough and she already started to consider how to use it to torment him tenderly.

“Don’t worry, small stuff” whispered Karen with a large grin. “I won’t hit you, it’s not my place. I won’t even pinch or anything. I’ll just make sure you understand that Kendalynn’s the boss of us!”

She suddenly pushed him on his back, which made him yelp for good. Kat laughed raucously as her friend then started to tickled Jordan, who was laughing and crying. She could feel that he didn’t like that much, if at all, but Kat loved it. She hadn’t thought that Karen would be so considerate, she didn’t touch him in inappropriate ways, or places. The Minor was shaking and whining through his breath. Suddenly, she worried that his asthma would pick up and she got up behind them, which immediately froze Karen in place. Her friend looked over her shoulder and looked at her with a worried face.

“Uh… did I do something wrong Kenda?” she whispered, looking ever more worried at her friend.

“No” replied curtly Kat. “But I want to remind you that Jordan can have some difficulties to breathe, so perhaps it’d be best if you stopped tickling him.”

“Of course, sure” replied her friend, but Kat saw that her eyes were still worried. And she smiled wickedly at Karen, suddenly, grappling her hair and pushing her down, over her Mouse. “Kenda?”

“Don’t worry Karen. I’m just reminding everyone of who’s in charge and why” cackled Kat, sending a wave of amusement through the Bond, toward Jordan to calm him down.

“But…” started Karen, before being silenced by a long, slender finger, pressed on her lips.

“Hush Karen. I’m in charge, I decide, I act. And you’re about to see how wild I can be when my boyfriend is here! I’ll make sure you’ll love that, don’t worry!”