- Text Size +

Chapter 16: New Term - New player

Kat grumbled as she walked toward her Mom’s private office. She had never know this room by any other name. It was there that her mother retreated when she needed to take care of serious business. Kendalynn didn’t thought she had ever seen her father enter there. Somehow, he was always gallivanting around – and she was willing to bet, siring some bastards left and right - but never working to make sure that the MacGregor’s wealth kept increasing. If she was being honest, she had a high opinion of him.

It was thus on Marilyn that the fortune of this ancient household held, and Kat knew how seriously her mother took those matters. She had once hear he chew over someone just because he had accepted a deal which wasn’t as beneficial as it could have been for own of their smallest businesses. It was an unforgettable experience, something which had helped the young girl she had been there understand that all that mattered was to accrue enough influence unnoticed that you could finally cash it into power when the need arise.

But it also meant that, as much as she hated admitting it, Kat felt intimidated by her mother. She had always been that towering figure, the true head of the family, the one who had trained, shaped, the young girl into the young woman she was becoming. And she knew she had disappointed her by falling in love with a Minor and deciding to live this passion, instead of keeping it like a lingering regret. And she suspected that Marilyn was so harsh because she had been in the same position but, lacking the strength of the MacGregor name, she couldn’t have made the same choice…

“Mom? You wanted to see me?” called Kendalynn when she stood before the closed door of her mother’s office;

“Yes, come in please!” said her Mom, and Kat twitched nervously.

She knew that kind of tone. Something – or someone – had enraged her mother, and it was truly the worst of time to meet her. She could let her resentment simmer for days, even weeks, until she finally calmed down after a particularly infuriating development had been brought to her ears. And, suddenly, Kat wondered if she had been less than discreet at school. If her little fun with her boyfriend and her best friend became public, her Mom would probably manage to hush the whole thing over, but it didn’t meant she’d be happy about it…

Once inside, Kat glanced around, nervously. Nothing seemed out of place, as far as she could tell. Her mother’s temper was usually cold, but when her rage flared, she had a tendency to break a lot of things. Apparently, it was the two sides of her which had enticed her father, but Kat wondered how much it was true. After all, as far as she could tell, while she had a lot of siblings – who weren’t around much for now, thankfully – she didn’t remember her dad spending that much time with her Mom or them, like a normal family would.

“Are you worried about something, young lady?” asked Marilyn, and there was a tinge of amusement in her voice, which took Kat by surprise.

“Not really…” she replied, squinting a little, trying to understand what was afoot here. “You wanted to see me, Mom? Can we make it quick? I have a lot of homework today…”

It was a lie. She made a point of making sure she had never too much work to do, by never letting it accumulate. It was only at the end of the semesters that it sometimes became a little hard to deal with, but she had never been overloaded in her life thanks to her method. But it had been a long time since her mother had had to look at her workload, so hopefully she wouldn’t try to if she was telling the truth or not. And if she did, well… she was at a changing time in her life, what with her having a boyfriend she actually didn’t want to part with and all.

“I’m sorry but your work will have to wait then” smirked Marilyn, the glint in her eyes unmistakable amusement now. “We need to talk about you and Jordan, my dear!”

“Why? I thought you had agreed that we could stay together…” frowned Kendalynn.

“I did. And I still do. But I think that I need to point some things, to avoid you making… mistakes which would come out of an unbalanced relationship…”

“Such as?” pressed Kat, folding her arms below her breasts, as if to try and emphasis their size, to show her Mom that she wasn’t a little girl anymore.

“There is two possibilities, neither of which I like” explained her mother, leaning backward into her chair, and pointing at another, expecting Kat to sit – which she did, but only because she felt like it, of course! “The first is that you mellow out because of his influence – we all know that Minors can have that effect on our kind, and it wouldn’t do at all.”

“It won’t happen!” sharply interjected Kat – the very idea that she could mellow it like that, as her mother put it, was deeply insulting to her; she was not some kind of little girl!

“You never know” scoffed Marilyn. “But it is honestly not the one I was afraid off, in your case. I know who my elder daughter is, after all.”

“So? What’s the one thing you’re afraid off?”

“That you’ll go too far with him” simply stated her Mother, looking at her nails absent-mindedly – but only outwardly. “As I said, I know you.”

“Taking things too far!? That’s ludicrous!”

“I have seen the blood in your sheets, and it wasn’t hard to deduce that it wasn’t your own when I saw Jordan wincing as he breathed, when he ate with us. “And I will not tolerate that you hurt that poor boy, is it clear, Kendalynn?”

“I didn’t, I mean…” stuttered Kat, surprised by this. “It happened once and it wasn’t so bad…” she tried again, but fell quickly silent as the unwavering eyes of her mother seemed to bore holes into her skull.

“Kendalynn… I’ve been young. I’ve been with Minors. I know what kind of person you are – you’re very much like a younger mirror of me, after all. And I know what you did to Jordan. And I don’t like it. Her mother is an old friend, she helped because of nothing but the goodness of her heart, and without her I wouldn’t be able to be here – and neither would you.”

“What? You never told me that!” yelped Kat, which was incredibly surprised by this revelation.

“You never needed to hear it, but clearly now you do” snorted Marilyn. “I know how easy it is dominate a Minor, how easy it is to relish into what we can do to them. But it won’t help her in the long run, my dear little girl.”

“You always told me that I needed to be hard and dominating when I could…” pouted Kat, who really didn’t like the way her mother was making her feel – like a little girl indeed.

“Yes I did. But I also taught you that you need to be someone else to accrue influence and power. And if you let yourself go with Jordan, you’ll soon forget it. I’ve had echoes of you and your friends disappearing at school for quite a long time. It’s a novelty and one I don’t like. I may not be able to protect you or your image in the future.”

Kat shifted uncomfortably in her chair. She knew her mom was right, and it was obviously what me the whole thing worse. If she had been certain that Marilyn had been wrong, she’d been able to scoff at it, and to prove her wrong, she was sure of it. But as much as she’d loved to be able to convince everyone that she was a perfect little girl, in essence lying to everyone, she couldn’t do that to her mother. She had drilled into a very young Kat that being honest with oneself was paramount if she wanted to achieve anything in life and she couldn’t betray this teaching now.

“So, what would you want me to do?” she asked, not looking straight at her mother. “It’s hard to be around him only between classes and break periods… And I can see the looks. Everyone is waiting for us to break apart, or even to show the slightest hint that we may be doing that so they can pounce on him!”

Kat was surprised at how much it hurt her to voice her feelings. It wasn’t that it made her look vulnerable, she knew her mom wouldn’t use it against her. But it was as if she opened scars which had barely started to cicatrize. A searing rage, made all the more impotent at the fact that she couldn’t pummel anyone thanks to it, no matter how much she’d have loved to, made her feel so much worse. She wanted to remind all those idiots at school who owned Mouse, but she couldn’t or her charade would be revealed! And then all those years of efforts would be wasted.

“Then let one try her hands on him, and beat her” huffed her mother.

Her tone was so detached that for a moment, Kat was almost certain that she had misheard her. Surely her mom hadn’t just told her that if was okay to punch someone who’d try to pry her Mouse away from her? It seemed so unlike anything she had ever been taught that it was just… just unconceivable. It must have been a mistake or a figment of her imagination. But the way her Mom tilted her head around, as if to gauge her reaction… Perhaps she had truly said that, in which case it only made Kendalynn confused – and she hated it.

“You told me to never punch anyone publically except if I couldn’t help it! That’d do me a disservice!”

“Yes, if you couldn’t help it. But you’re a teenager now. You’re starting to really understand how us MAJORS work. We are competitive and most of our kind are brutish. That’s why not being prone to punch everything is a great way to seem exceptional – but employers and opponents will think you to be weak if you never hurt anyone. And it won’t help you either. So…”

“So I can release some steam by punching a bitch or two who try to get my Jordan because everyone knows that MAJORS Bonded with a Minor are very protective of him” interrupted Kat, a grin spreading her lips now.

“That’s right. Just don’t overdo it, and you should be good. And if it helps you contain yourself so you don’t hurt that poor boy more, all the better for you. It’d be extremely unhealthy for both of you to debase yourself that way. There is a fine line being dominance and brutality my dear!”

Again, it seemed to Kat that her mother eyes tried to bore holes in her and she shifted uncomfortably. She loved teasing and dominating Mouse, and she didn’t feel as if she had gone too far when she had bit him so hard… But perhaps she had, and that was a problem, more so because it hinted at a character flaw she hadn’t realized she had than anything else. She very much believed in her duty, as the eldest child of her generation of MacGregor, to uphold this name and make it reach new heights. She wouldn’t be able to do it if she didn’t better herself.

“And since we are speaking of him… I’d like you to go and fetch your boyfriend.”

“What? Why?” asked Kat, suspicious of her mother’s intentions – Marilyn MacGregor never did anything without a very good reason, after all.

“Because I say so” replied her Mom curtly, her voice as hard as steel. “And you aren’t yet in a position to deny me, Kendalynn. You’d best remember it” she added, her voice softer but not less threatening.

“Fine…” relented Kat, getting up –and even then, just sitting, she had to admit that her mother was still looking taller than her, even when she knew they were both around the same size by now. “I’ll be quick.”

“I expected no less from you.”

Kendalynn exited the office with a lot of confused feelings. Thankfully, they dissipated when she saw Mouse. He was sitting, a little awkwardly, on her bed, his short legs dangling on the side of it. The contrast between his teenage features and his size – he was very much the size she had been when she was a kid – made her feel both in love and predatory. It was obvious he was a prey, made for her to sink her teeth into his tender flesh… But her mother was right. Nothing good would come out of such feelings, especially since the world had turned.

Kat cursed her luck. Had she been born but a mere ten years ago, she’d probably been allowed to go wild with her lover, without risking constant nagging and bothering by Friends of Minors and other charities, associations and lobbyists as those who seemed to pester the tenants of the old order since the Matthewson had come out of the woods with her love for Minors and her goals to protect them. But on the other hand, she had to admit that Bonding with Jordan was awesome, and sometimes it was even he she wanted to hear and share thoughts with, not just her Mouse…

“Was everything alright with your Mom?” he asked her, his voice a little high-pitch, as often when it was nervous – and it brought a smile on her face.

“Well, kind off? I’m not quite sure” she admitted, but it was impossible to not feel cocksure in his presence. “But she wants to see you, so hop off my bed and get going!”

“What!? But I didn’t do anything wrong!” he yelped and she saw how afraid he was so she tried her best to alleviate his fears without wasting too much time.

“I’m not saying she wants to see you to punish you or something! She just wants to see you! Come on, jump already!”

He grimaced at her tone but did as he had been told, and it made her strangely pride. He had pretended that he wanted to be like Alejandro Matthewson, more independent, but in the end, he had caved in and accepted that she could order him around without demeaning him. She did that sometimes, of course, but only so they could please each other. She looked at him running forward, his short leg barely able to cover ground as she shooed him forward. She loved to do that sometimes, just to see him navigate in a world too tall for him.

In the present case, the distance was far too short to really take it in, but the setting made it up for it, at least a little. She wondered confusedly if she had looked the same when she was a child. Everything seemed so big compared to him. When he passed by a vase which always seemed to be precariously perched on its pedestal, she felt a sudden fear that it’d fall and hurt him and she quickly pushed it back. He looked up at her, seemingly confused and all she could do was grin awkwardly and blush a lot. She’d have spanked herself if she could.

But she restrained herself and opened the door to her Mom’s office. She giggled softly when she saw him tensing and freezing on the spot when she did so and he saw Marilyn. It was really funny to see how he always tried to go around unnoticed. Not that he was impolite – when her mom or her siblings noticed him he always greeted them, albeit nervously – but he clearly was afraid of her, and she couldn’t blame it. If her mother could make Kat feel queasy, she could only imagine how it was for her little Mouse – perhaps she should Bond with him just to experience it once?

“Would you be so kind as to close the door, Kendalynn? And hello to you, Jordan.”

Her Mom’s voice was warmer than it had been a moment ago and it made her frown a little. She didn’t need to sound so falsely gentle with Jordan! But Kat refrained from saying anything – after all, her mother obviously had something in mind, so she did as ordered. Still, it was strange. It had been several weeks since Jordan had come live with them and Marilyn hadn’t show an ounce of interest in him, as if she had been expecting him to just be a fad that her daughter had picked up. And now she seemed a lot more focused on the poor Mouse, who seemed to shrink beneath her gaze…

“He… hello madam” he replied, his voice a little squeaky and unsteady, but otherwise relatively normal, which was probably a feat of strength, considering how nervous he was. “You wanted to see me?”

“Yes. In fact, I wanted to see you both” replied her mother, letting her eyes wander for a moment or two toward Kat, who raised her eyebrows in mock surprise. “To be more precise, I want to see how you two interact when intimate.”

“Excuse me!?” yelped Kat, who felt her pale cheeks turning as red as her bright hair – surely she hadn’t heard what she had just heard her mother say!

“Do not overreact for something so trivial” sighed Marilyn, shaking her head. “I’m not asking you two to have sex, if it’s what makes you afraid. But I want to know how you behave when you want to have some… sexy time.”

It took quite a bit of time for Kat to realize that her mouth was hanging agape and she closed it so brutally that she heard her teeth clicking loudly against each other. She was shocked by what she was supposed to do. It seemed to be utterly ridiculous, but the calm and severe face of her mother made clear that Marilyn MacGregor expected to be obeyed, as always. And if she was shocked, she could only imagine how Mouse felt! But she had to prove that she was able to act, no matter what, so she got up and put one hand on her boyfriend’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure we can show my Mom how great we are together” she said to him, whispering softly in his ear.

She felt him tense for a moment and then calmed down. She smiled. She knew that he trusted her, and it made her feel all the more confident. She knew what her Mom wanted but she wouldn’t let her believe that she could be a danger for Jordan. In fact, she’s show her that she could please him while he pleased her. She grinned and nibbled at his ear before taking a step back and returning to the chair, and then removed her shoes and let out a sigh of pleasure as she played with her toes, letting the wet sock be refreshed by the chillier air.

“Come on, Jordan…” she enticed him, with her sweetest voice, a crooked smile on her face.

He turned around and seemed a little nervous but did as she was told. Kat glanced at her mother, but her face was inscrutable and she wondered if she was surprised by her daughter’s action. It would have been a good thing and she leant back in the chair, letting her long legs expand further, her toes sprayed like a fan. She hadn’t long to wait until she felt his small fingers on her socks. He was trying to remove them fast, but she refused, pushing him a little further, gently – gentler than she would have usually she had to admit it, even if she didn’t like this stray thought.

“Don’t rush things” she chided him, her large smile at odds with the apparent harshness of her words. “We aren’t even Bonded yet…”

He gulped but slowed down his acts, letting his fingers work their magic on her tired feet – as tired as a MAJOR’s could be after a relatively normal day, that is. She enjoyed the sensation, and she knew he loved it too. Soon, she felt his mind tentatively trying to Bond with her and she granted it the right, gasping when they became one. She was almost submerged by his nervousness, he was clearly afraid that he’d displease her mother but she calmed him down by letting him know that everything would be alright, that she wouldn’t let anything or anyone hurt him, or put him in danger, no matter what could happen to her.

But what if she doesn’t like what we are doing? What if she finds it disgusting? he asked her, even as his pace increased on her right foot, the left forgotten for the time being as he tried to massage the appendage correctly.

She won’t, she assuaged him. I know my mother. She is testing us, somehow. I’m not sure what she wants out of it, but it’s nothing too bad for us. Now, how about you start removing my socks? On both of my feet, the left one is feeling a little lonely now…

Sure… but I’m not sure I’m liking it, she’s watching us, and it’s making me a little nervous!

More than a little, she sent back, giggled a little when she felt the plant of her feet being tickled by her Mouse’s deft hands.

She let her mind drift, enjoying the loop of pleasure that the Bond created. She closed her eyes and tilted her head backward, her face turned toward the ceiling. It was just perfection, everything she could have loved and desired. The physical pleasure that she felt being massaged fed her mental joy and this one filled Mouse with even more pleasure as his fetish as satisfied and in return it only heightened her own feelings. And so on, and so on. It took all her will to remember that she was with her mother and that touching herself, even lightly, would be extremely inappropriate.

“Are you doing it often?” asked Marilyn, and a portion of the charm was broken for Kendalynn – but only a portion.

“Often enough” she replied, opening her eyes and looking at her mother. “And it’s not demeaning. We both love it and we wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t the case.”

“Tha… that’s true Ma’am” peeped Mouse, not daring looking away from the feet he was servicing. “It doesn’t bother me at all, qui – quite the contrary even!”

Her mother didn’t say anything, as if she was pondering her next move. It unnerved Kat a little. Her peers, and even some adults – most adults, really – she could know well enough what they had in mind. Most MAJORS were direct to the point of being brutish and thus easy to play with. It was always a matter of stoking their ego, or putting their abilities in doubt, in one way or another. Sometimes she needed Karen to take it in the ass – literally even – to be able to achieve what she had in mind, but it was always worth it.

But her Mom was another thing entirely. She had forged herself to be inscrutable and she had taught her all she knew. Which meant that Kat always doubted what she suspected was on Marilyn’s mind. How could she not, when she could easily outsmart peoples with far more experience than any Kat had ever toyed with? It didn’t meant that the respect that she gave her for that was not grudgingly accorded, but it was respect nonetheless. And, judging by the way she looked at them, Kat was almost certain that whatever her mother would finally say would be a huge surprise for everyone – and not necessarily one she’d like.

“And is it really something you both like doing? Isn’t it a little demeaning, Jordan?”

“No… Not at all Madam” he squeaked and Kat could tell he’d had loved that she asked questions only to her daughter – he was truly intimidated by her Mom, which made her both happy and a little jealous.

“I see” mused Marilyn MacGregor, putting one long index finger on the side of her left jaw and tilting her head a little to the right. “Does it mean it wouldn’t bother any of you if this fine young man massaged my feet?” she finally asked, her lips spraying into a predatory grin which chilled even Kat’s blood.