- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Your weekly dose of my poor prose is here !

Chapter 7: Second Semester – Still a queen

“I… I just want to go to the classroom” mumbled Jordan, almost shrinking in fear before the titaness.

“What’s that? I didn’t hear you, little guy” replied Melania, stomping even closer and completely hiding her face behind her massive breasts.

“I… I said I wanted to go to my classroom” piped the Minor, forcing his voice to reach her ears.

“Don’t try to play with me” said the giantess, rather calmly. “I know you’re a first year and you don’t have anything during one hour after lunch. And I happens to have nothing, while Richard is doing… whatever he’s doing those days.”

The last words had been said bitterly and made the small teenager shiver. He felt that something was going badly wrong between the two titans who ruled over the High School. And somehow, he found himself stuck in the middle of their spat. Something which made him utterly terrified. It was one thing to be with Kat, as dangerous as she could be, because he was used to it. But Melania was an unknown factor, someone he didn’t know at all and who could badly react at any moment, because of any action he could take.

“But I… I really think I need to work on my courses, if I don’t want to drop out” he tried.

“Oooh… then I guess it’s okay, you may go!”

Melania retreated, turning on her feet to let him go through the corridor. Jordan found himself so surprised he didn’t move during a few second. He looked up at the Cyclopean but couldn’t see her face. He hesitated for a moment, he felt as if there was a trap somewhere, but he really did want to get away from here. He sprinted away, passing Melania and feeling his heart lifting. Then his whole body followed suit and he found himself looking down at the giantess, upside down. He barely had the time to notice her opening her shirt before he was shoved deep between her tits.

“I’m still the fucking queen” he heard her grumble.

Jordan was so shocked that he didn’t know how to react and remained silent. Trapped against the tanned skin, blood rushing to his head, he found himself afraid that the titaness had probably dropped all his belonging on the floor. All his books, all his pens and everything… He somewhat wondered where she was taking him, but wasn’t really afraid, strangely. She smelt good, he realized. Not as good as Kendalynn, whose sent made him lose his head. Melania’s body odor was heavier, muskier, and it made him feel light-headed, but it was slightly too strong for his taste.

He suddenly felt large fingers coil around his legs and fished him out of his prison. He gasped when he saw the thoughtful look on the Cyclopean teenager. She was stunning, in her way, and her brown eyes seemed to glint under the light of the empty room. She was tilting her head rightward and he saw from the corner of his eyes his backpack neatly closed and standing next to her. He hadn’t much more time to register all of it, until he found himself standing on the teacher’s desk, as Melania leant on it, her enormous mounds menacing to fall on her neck.

“Am I not beautiful?” she suddenly asked, startling him. “Wouldn’t you think that every man would like to be with me and would never want to leave me for any other girl?”

“I… I think you’re really beautiful…” he started, but she cut him off by rolling on herself to end lying on her belly on the desk, looking straight at him.

“But I’m not your type, right? You like what? The smaller bitches! Those who abuse their position in life to belittle those of us who only have our genes for ourselves? Not everyone comes from rich ass families or licked their feet to go up in life!”

She sounded really bitter and Jordan really didn’t understand why. She had to have everything. He was just some poor Mouse, who was doomed to love a woman who couldn’t really betray her family to be with him, not without losing so much that resentment would follow. At least it was how he explained that he hadn’t heard much of Kat since they had had their little chat, two days ago. And here he was, listening to a colossal being who had abducted him whine about how life was unfair. He would have laughed, if he hadn’t be so utterly terrified that Melania would end crushing him to death of he did. She had quite the temper.

“I… I just think that I’m not the best suited to be with a Cyclopean” he diplomatically replied, earning a snort of laughter as an answer.

“Yeah, it’s truly unheard off, a Minor and Cyclopean together! Nobody would expect it nowadays!

The giantess voice was dripping with such sarcasm that Jordan felt himself blushing hard and looked at his feet, extremely embarrassed. He knew perfectly what she meant by it, but he simply couldn’t picture himself in such a relationship, and he doubted that it was what she wanted. Everybody knew that she loved to show off her power and prestige as Queen of High School, and having the sole other Cyclopean in a tight relationship was definitively a part of it. Being with a Minor would have been aping far more famous peoples, she wouldn’t want that.

“But…. But you really are beautiful” he said – and it was the truth, even if he also tried to appease her- “it’s just that I’m… I’m not really fit to be with the strongest MAJORS…”

He wasn’t lying. The mere idea of having an asthma crisis here was starting to creep on him and made him all the more afraid. Even if she wanted to help, Melania would be too massive to handle his inhalator. He would probably have to do so himself, and could end being hindered by her attempts to help – if she did help. She could also just look at him and laugh or simply be puzzled. His illness was unknown among MAJORS after all, so she probably had never even heard of it. Which made the whole thing all the more dangerous…

“I’ve heard that you are sickly. Is that true?” she asked suddenly and he wondered how much of his thoughts had been in the open for her to read.

“I… yes, I’m not really healthy, even… even for a Minor” he explained, adding a weak chuckle at the end, as if to make the words less hurtful. “I mean, I know that compared to MAJORS, we all are a little on the weak side but I… what I meant is that…”

“Well, you guys are all sickly anyway” she huffed, cutting him off, but rather gently, surprisingly. “Not that you aren’t cute. You’re a real cutie with your mousey attitude, and how afraid you look. But I don’t think anyone would accuse a Minor of being a healthy piece of meat.”

“Then, why have me here?” he blurted, perhaps a little angry at her words.

“Because I can. Still” she bitterly said, looking away from him. “Because it’s a way to snub at that bitch Kendalynn. She’s taken everything from me, I can’t even keep Richard, not when he’s basically offered a little whore to fuck, who’ll always be tight for his huge dick! That prick!”

Such language made Jordan extremely uncomfortable, because he wasn’t used to it. He blushed and looked away, doing his best to drone out of the gigantic teenager who was cursing and sounding sadder by the minute. He suddenly wondered how her feet were. While he was closer to them than any other part of her anatomy, he hadn’t really cared about them so far. He suddenly regretted it. Perhaps he could at least look at them. It wouldn’t be like betraying Kat’s trust - which he now knew he had, right? He hoped they were as impressive as the rest of her body and…

“Hey? Are you even listening to me!?” yelled Melania, snapping Jordan out of his trance.

“What? No! I mean, yes!” he babbled, becoming even more embarrassed.

“I should just trample you” grumbled the Cyclopean. “A lot of Minors died like that in Honduras – still do. Poor families can’t afford to have largely useless mouths to feed, so they get the babies and crush them with their feet. At least, it’s what mi abuela says…”

“I don’t want to be trampled upon!” shrieked Mouse, his submissive tendency driven to sheer terror by the mere potentiality of such an ignominious end.

“Oh, don’t cry, you big baby!” huffed Melania. “I won’t do that. I’m not stupid… not that stupid at least. I don’t know what to do now… I’ll probably drop out of class sooner rather than later.”

“Wha… what about homework and revision? MAJORS can go really far with just that” said the Minor, his voice still very weak and shaking.

“…Yeah, sure… Not as if I had other options, I guess” sighed the titaness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day passed in a surprisingly uneventful manner. Melania let him go without doing anything, even if she still seemed to be moping, his classmates did their best to woo him, but he had grown used to evade their intentions – it wasn’t that hard considering how inexperienced they all were- and he didn’t see Kat or any of the older kids at school. Which allowed him to finally enjoy a day in class without having to worry too much. Until the end his last period, that is. Once he exited the chemistry class, he add to wait for his mother to pick him up, but he received a text just as he reached the entry hall.

I won’t be able to bring you home tonight, something came up; it read. Kendalynn’s friend, Karen Hawthorne will be the one to walk with you, wait for her.

Jordan bit up his lower lip. He had seen Karen once or twice already, but the relatively small MAJOR wasn’t really an acquaintance. Behind both of them knowing Kat, they were strangers to each other. He hoped that she would be kind, he knew how mean some MAJORS were with his kind. Stay calm and focused, he said to himself. Mr Matthewson always explain that projecting weakness and fear will make them a greater threat to your safety than appearing calm and collected. But you need to not be seen as cocky either, not without someone bigger to back you up.

“Excuse me? You’re Jordan Smith, right?” asked a feminine voice to his left.

“Uh, ah, Yes, yes I am” he stuttered, turning a little to look at the newcomer.

Even without Kat’s incredible beauty around, it was surprising how plain Karen looked. She wasn’t ugly, by any stretch of the definition, but she was painfully average, he realized. She had a face which could be forgotten as soon as she went out of your field of vision, shoulder length brown hairs and brown eyes, an average physique, with small breasts but just noticeable enough to not be flat. A part of Mouse couldn’t help but wonder why Kendalynn and she were best friend. He suspected that it was something else than good natured.

After all, he knew how manipulative Kat could be when she wanted to, and he had no doubt that Karen served her in some way. He couldn’t picture her cultivating friendships just for the joy of it – it wasn’t really what MAJORS did anyway, they seemed to spend their time brawling savagely with their friends, from what he had seen since he started High School. Nonetheless, being a friend of Kat made this MAJOR look reliable, at least to escort him back home, which was great. He really didn’t want to wait here too long or try to go home alone…

“Shouldn’t we going now? People could start to have strange ideas if we stay here doing nothing for too long!” chuckled Karen, starting to walk, rather quickly, toward the exit.

“Not so fast!” pleaded Jordan, who didn’t feel like running a marathon at the end of the day.

“Oh come on! I’m not walking quickly at all! I’m sure that you can keep up, right?”

It was something which kept upsetting him a little. Almost all MAJORS simply assumed that he could do this and that, because they wanted him to be able. They didn’t care one bit about his condition, they even seemed unable to grasp what he had. If they walked slowly for them and he had to run to keep pace, well, he just had to run, and that was it. He couldn’t do it, of course, not without getting out of breath and having his asthma acting up. But it didn’t seem that he would have a choice. It was a good thing he lived near the school.

“You’re Miss Smith kid, right?” she said over her shoulder, not even looking at him. “Does it mean that you can get me the exams in advance? I would pay you well, if you did!”

“I wouldn’t do that!” he shouted, a little angrily – he couldn’t betray his Mom’s trust like that!

“Really, not even if I pay with my body?” she asked, turning her head to look at him with faked innocence as he gasped at her temerity.

“No!” he yelled, attracting some attention to himself, even as breathing was already starting to get harder for him.

“You’re not funny” pouted Karen. “Not as if it would work between us. I like my mean a little bigger everywhere. I’m afraid I would break you without even wanting it!”

Jordan shook his head. He couldn’t believe that this girl was Kat’s friend. Best friend even, he often had heard the older MAJOR talking with Karen on her phone, when she was baby-sitting her. It was quite usual for him to just be there until his Mom came back from school or whatever and Kendalynn left. She teased him, of course, but now he was starting to regret her a lot. Karen seemed rather vain, commenting about the looks of everyone around them, barely looking over at him to make sure he was following her.

“You know, I don’t get why you went to school” she suddenly said, stopping dead in her track.

“What?” he rather stupidly asked, almost colliding with her, so surprised he was by her words.

“Well, I mean… everyone gossip about you, the unbonded Minor son of a teacher. Everyone who’s interested in getting a quick Bond or something, but you don’t seem to be interested, you avoid everyone who’s breaching the subject. Isn’t it strange? You guys all seek a Bond, everyone can feel it, even I, and I’m just a Tier 1!”

“I’m not… I’m not searching for someone” he mumbled, blushing visibly even with his dark skin. “I’m just trying to find my way in life, and I don’t want to throw it all away since I’m so young.”

“Well, not that young for Minors, you guys ages really fast. My advice is to find you someone nice, who will make you feel safe, and loved, while you’re still young. Otherwise, peoples will quickly find other small guys and gals to bang with, you know?”

“I’m not that old yet, even for a Minor!” yelled Jordan, surprising them both, and even some onlookers in the streets, who looked at him as if they never had seen someone have an outburst of pent up anger and insecurity.

“Jeez, calm down!” huffed Karen, who didn’t seem to really care about what was happening. “Nobody will like a Minor who scream and yell, especially for nothing. That’s not cute at all.”

“I didn’t yell for nothing” he grumbled, following her as she resumed her brisk walk.

He didn’t expect any MAJOR to understand how he felt about this, but he really hated the fact that he was doomed to get old and die long before any of the giants who were born near is age, before or after him. It made him feel as if he was a passenger in this era, someone outside of the society he lived in, more than an actual inhabitant. And MAJORS didn’t seem to care, it was normal to them. He didn’t know any other Minor, at least not one who wasn’t Bonded already and seemed content with his lot in life. He would have liked a friend to talk about it.

“Are we at your home soon? I have to go and get to the restaurant with my family this evening, and I would like to prepare for it, I don’t want to look all sweaty and ridiculous with my school uniform” said the far taller girl, as he was huffing harshly behind her.

“It in the next street” he managed to say, “on the right, after the intersection, then it’s number fourteen. I have my keys and everything, so I should be fine by then.”

At the end of his sentence, Jordan had heard his own voice whizzing, and his lungs were starting to ache, which was a telltale sign of problems to come. Hopefully, he would manage to get home and ditch Karen Hawthorne before he would end grasping for his inhaler. Being closer to home felt almost reinvigorating, and it did his best to soldier on. After perhaps five more minutes, they were standing at the entrance of the massive tower where he lived with his mother. One look at Karen’s face said it all. She wasn’t impressed at all.

“Want me to come with you?” she still asked, even if she sounded as if she was hoping he would say no – which he did, since he couldn’t wait to be left alone.

“Are you sure?” she insisted. “Don’t you need help to open the door?”

“No, it’s fine. My mother and me devised a way for me to open it alone, if need be.”

It was a lie, and he did his best to try and hide it. Hopefully, since she was Tier 1, like Kat, she wouldn’t be able to fully realize that he wasn’t telling the truth. And considering how tired and exhausted he was, he believed that his emotions and thoughts were a mess to begin with. He looked at Karen, wondering what she would do. If she wanted to go up with her, there would be no way for him to prevent her from doing so. And he would be caught red-handed, and would probably hear more of her unwanted opinion about him and Minors in general.

“Ok well, then, bye! See you tomorrow and think about what I said about the exam sheets!”

Jordan sighed and entered the old building. It was an apartment complex built somewhere just after the Dark Age and it was starting to show. There wasn’t mold anywhere, but there was a general feeling of pauper look and smell. Had her Mom been something else than a teacher, perhaps a fancy tutor in the families who entirely ditched the school system, she would have been paid far better. Had she been married, too, they could had lived in a better place. But even with the great salary she got, she was a lone mother in Boston – it had been nothing short of a miracle for her to get this place, when so many others didn’t even want to meet with her.

He took the elevator, doing his best to breathe slowly and deeply. The pain in his lungs was starting to recede, and with it the fear of having to handle his asthma alone, something he didn’t really like. Still, he took his backpack from his back to hold it with his hands as he counted the floors. At the eleventh, he got out and walked past the door of his home, instead using the bell to ring at the Gonzalez, the family next to them. Seconds later, Maria, the mother, opened up, looked down at him and smiled brightly.

“You need help for door, si?” she asked him, with her charming accent.

Jordan nodded, looking with the usual fascination at her feet. They were the prettiest after Kat’s he ever saw. She never seemed to wear any shoes, and yet they always looked and smelt clean. Her toes where just the right size, both in length and width and her toenails were manicured with gusto. She also seemed to have pretty toned feet, and he wondered – not for the first time- what she did with her free time. And there was no trace of hair on those feet, not even a small bit of whitish ones somewhere, nothing at all, as if she got rid of them as soon as they appeared.

“Yes, thank you very much” he replied, moving out of her way so she could have him inside his own house. "Here’s the key” he added, extending it after retrieving it from his backpack.

“Thank you pequeño senior” said Maria, smiling a lot at him, as she always did.

She opened the door and gestured him inside, before handing him back the keys. When the massive steel and oak door closed and he heard her light and yet powerful walking fading away, he felt really sad, all of a sudden. He was used to being alone at home, but it wasn’t something he enjoyed. He craved to be with others, even when they made him afraid or feel like a prey. It was something common among his kind, if the forums he perused were any indication. Minors were far more social animals than MAJORS. Perhaps old Waid had been right about the hive-mind of ancient past.

“Not that I would like being connected to everyone” he decided – the idea that every Minor, everywhere in the world, could know how he felt about anything was a little dehumanizing.

He dropped his back pack and let himself fall on the floor. He was still really tired, a lot more than he was usually when coming back from school. He suspected that Melania’s actions just after lunch hadn’t helped his current predicament. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the calmness of the apartment. There wasn’t much noise, since the neighbors were still working, and they were lucky enough to not face the busy street, but a smaller back-alley, meaning that there usually wasn’t much disturbance from there.

“Time to go and have something to eat” he decided.

He knew he was a little plump, but his sickness meant that he had to be extra-careful of what he ate, according to his Mom. It didn’t prevent him from enjoying some chocolate bars at the end of a long day at school. It calmed his nerves and made him happy, and after some resistance, he had been allowed to do so, at the condition that he never ate more than two in the same day, something he followed almost religiously, too afraid of losing this privilege.

He walked over the closet where his Mom hid the bars and took one. However, he frowned when he realized that there remained only two. He was certain that there had been a dozen or so when he had left this morning. Pure terror overcame him as he started to wonder if there was something else in his home, some intruder waiting to pounce on him. He hesitated for a moment, turning back to the door, but he knew it was hopeless. He couldn’t move it on his own, and if he tried to make some noise to be heard by the neighbors, whoever was inside would attack him a lot earlier, and there was no telling what would happen to him then.

“I have to sneak into my room then”  he said to himself as he doubted that the MAJOR who had invaded his home –because it could only be a MAJOR- wouldn’t hide there, since it would be too small and clustered for him.

He gathered his resolve and walked beyond the entryway, turning left and doing his best to remain silent. Hopefully the invader –who couldn’t have left, this idea not even crossing Jordan’s mind- would be in the kitchen and not the living room. If he was careful, he would thus be able to avoid being seen and get safe. He would then text his Mom about all of this and, hopefully, she’d call the police. He doubted that any officer would care about the ramblings of a Minor boy – even if MAJORS kept telling him that hid kind’s safety was of the utmost importance to them. However, all his well laid plans fell apart when he saw the living room and who had invaded his home.

“Kat!?”