- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Close Quarters Dancing? Let's Go


Categories For This Tale Include: Instant Size Change, Unaware, Footwear, Feet, Violent



"Do not ever forget to bring your shrink ray with you" is what Maria's mother always told her. The world is a dangerous place, and the college parties the sophomore girl regularly attends are no exception. Just as, if not more, effective as pepper spray or a Glock, if someone tries to accosts her, she can quickly shrink them down to size. So wherever she goes, her shrink ray is tucked nicely in her purse that is strapped to her belt. 


It was a late Friday after a long boring day of testing at her college. All the head party animals were promoting a dance party at some person's basement nearby. Loud music, strong bass, and plenty of drugs and alcohol. Naturally Maria was invited as she's not only a party animal, but she's an absolute bombshell of a young woman. Dressed in a tight black tank top, booty shorts and pink converse shoes, she was set to go. And of course, she had her purse strapped to her side. 


As she and a hundred other people were shuffling into the house, a thick haze was in the air from everyone smoking either cigarettes or joints. Beers were being passed out to all attendees, however, the fraternity laced it all with something special to loosen everyone up. By the time Maria and countless others stepped down into the basement, the first round of beers were consumed and everyone felt real nice and relaxed. 


The DJ at the far end of the room already had the music cranked to max. No one can hear anyone else, even if they were next to one another. The bass boomed, rattling everyone to their core. And the strobe lights were going absolutely mental within the otherwise very dark room. With everyone being well past buzzed with the specially laced alcohol, and with the music booming, they all began jumping and dancing to the music. The basement was absolutely packed and everyone was shoulder to shoulder, but that didn't stop them from partying. The good times were being enjoyed by all, or so it seemed. 


There was something Maria didn't notice about her purse. She has had it for years and the wear and tear on it has come to a head. The end of the shrink ray managed to lightly tear through the fabric and was pointing out into the crowd. Normally that wouldn't be a cause for immediate alarm, however due to the claustrophobic atmosphere, the purse was constantly being hit by other party goers. The safety switch was hit and a tube of lipstick got jammed against the trigger. And due to the chaotic scene of the dance party between the flashing lights and the ear shattering booming music, no one noticed as someone was reduced in size to a 1/16th of an inch on the dance floor. 


Down below at everyone's stamping feet, a fraternity bro is screaming out. Not only could no one ever hear his pathetic pleas, not even he could hear his own screams while everyone danced. Stadium sized shoes and sandals were crashing all around, the bass reverberated strongly, and the music is at max volume. With each flash from the strobe light he could see the massive footwear slam all around. The only saving grace was that since the party is in the basement on a concrete floor, the vibrations from each foot fall was minimal, but it still did not help his situation. 


Directly above him is Maria who has taken his spot. Between her converse shoes is the poor fraternity bro trying to survive. The massive footwear comes dangerously close to snuffing out his life. Up above, another girl is not being careful with the beer in her hand. It tips over over just enough for about a mouthful to spill onto the floor. The ensuing tidal wave to alcohol washes the speck of a man across the dance floor. He thrashes around in the liquid as a wall of rubber from Maria's tread slams down, splashing him through the air. He slams against a fleshy wall and falls down on a padded, smelly floor. He hasn't realized it yet, but he is now between the toes of a sandal-clad sorority girl. It didn't take long before he found himself under her big toe. With each dancing step, her toe pressed down harshly, so much that he became stuck to it, with his body all twisted and contorted. Only after several moments, his body caved in to the immense pressure. 


He would not be the only victim tonight. And guy from the fraternity was taking advantage of the close quarters dancing and was feeling up most of the girls. As he happened to reach towards Maria's butt, the shrink ray went off, reducing him to a speck. Much like the first victim, he was in complete disarray, unable to hear his own thoughts as the entire atmosphere was pure unadulterated chaos. 


As he tried to run, Maria's foot slammed down behind him, knocking him down onto his stomach. Before he could get back up, her foot slammed back down directly on his legs, mashing them entirely. His blood curdling screams fell of deaf ears as he found himself stuck to the tread as Maria lifted her foot up. As he was slammed back onto the ground, his consciousness nearly fades from the impact. His next ascent upward peeled him from the tread, only to find himself between the converse's sole and the floor. The shoe falls down faster than he does and finds himself stuck the treads. Once the footwear slams back onto the ground, he is launched from the tread and smacks down harshly on the unforgiving concrete. 


The world around him is a spinning blur as the massive girl above him continuously slams her foot back over him, with him being spared due to the gaping voids in the treads. After several steps, his luck runs out as a tread crushes down on his right arm, flattening it. The ensuing ascent of the shoe takes him with it, and he finds himself stuck at the edge of tread. The floor rushing towards him through his watery eyes is the last thing he saw.


No one ever took notice that at least several other party attendees disappeared and suffered similar fates. All of their remains were continuously mashed between the floor and countless footwear, blending with the dirty surfaces. Any hope for their fates to be discovered were all washed away once the floor was mopped mere hours after the night long party ended. 


As Maria was leaving, she noticed her lipstick was lodged in the shrink ray's trigger. As she dislodged it, it never dawned on her in her post-party state that it could have ever fired and struck someone. She, like many others, were shocked to learn that many students disappeared days after the party. To this day, no one truly knows what happened, only speculation. 


Chapter End Notes:

I Wouldn't Classify This As My Best Work, But I Have Other Scenarios I Believe Will Be More Engaging.


As A Reader, Did It Or Did It Not Hurt The Story To Have Nameless People Be The Victims Of The Main Character's Negligence?